Mandalay Bay

Mandalay Bay Employee Reviews

Great place
Banquet Provider (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2015
Long halls, be prepared to walk the distances. Staff is great.
Co-workers are diverse and helpful. Management team is organized.
A lot of tips
Valet/Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: Good food
Pays good, good managers and a friendly place to work at. It gets busy so time flies quick. 1 hr paid break. I learned how to park and re park cars efficiently.
Stay away!!!
Starbucks Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
If you like working with slackers and idiots this place would be heaven. Every day is an embarrassment to work because coworkers just don't care. Management hides in an office on the other side of the property so nothing gets fixed or corrected. They only care about their revenue stream. Other department managers also have an ignorance about them that just has me wondering if there's remnants of radiation from atomic testing in the 1950's in the water supply. I've never worked with so many lazy, selfish, and idiotic people who all feel entitled to everything but responsibility for their duties. Oh and don't eat in the employee dining room, you'll get diarrhea. I watch kitchen workers everyday leave the employee bathroom without washing their hands.
a good place to work but not much advancement opportunity
Casino Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good parking lot
Cons: little chance for advancement
after ten years in the same job, I have become stagnant and am seeking a new challenge ! The Mandalay Bay is a nice place ,but it's time to move on.
Alot to learn from real professionals
Cook help (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: excellent place to work at.
Cons: n/a
Amazing work enviorment. alot of pressure at times but the job is always done the right way. management is very professional, I was able to get along well with my Executives. hardest part is the quanity of food needed to be made but satisfied of a great outcome to clients.
productive and fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Lv,NVJanuary 22, 2015
I learned how to manage the crowds and satisfying each guest with their needs and cleaning up the beach.
fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), las vegas nvDecember 15, 2014
the mandalay bay is a great fun energetic place to work. With a great environment
Good overall experience.
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2014
The job was very fast paced and stressing under certain situations but the employees had good management to support us.
Great work culture!
Concierge (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free paid lunch, great benefits, health insurance, 401k
Mandalay Bay has a great work culture and values diversity. The pay is competitive, benefits are outstanding, and seeing new people everyday is a plus.
Great place to work.
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2014
The mangers were great I really enjoyed everything with this job. The hardest part of this job was just sitting around watching all of the guest enjoy themselves while we just sat there.
Great atmosphere
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2014
Very fun place to work and happy environment
Experience management with friendly attitude
fun place to work
Pool Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch and paid lunch.
Cons: no insurance benefit.
check in and out guest of pool. management are on point. co workers are hard workers. loyal and always on time. working in the summer heat at the pool can be difficult. i enjoy the kids smile faces when they come to the pool.
great benefits
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2014
hard work were you pat attention to detail in a fast paced environment
nice place
convention porter (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2014
set up and break down meeting rooms manager was bad didnt know what was going on.
Productive and fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2014
Learned CPR, interaction with hotel guests, cleaning beach areas daily.
Very fun and exciting place to work.
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2014
This Hotel caters to a younger crowd because there is always something going on there.
UUGGGHHHH MUST READ
Security Officer II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 20, 2013
Pros: 3 days off back to back
Cons: everything else.
First of all, in the GRAVEYARD SECURITY dept. The managers have their own little circle of people who they allow to do ANYTHING they want, including SLEEP on the job. While employed at the Mandalay Bay, having arrived with 5 years experience from a previous casino including positions ranging from officer to supervisor, I was not allowed to do anything.

I am very knowledgeable in this field, have great common sense and am an excellent investigator and report writer. However, Management stuck me in a corner posted in an area where I could not help the team/department at all. They stuck me in a lounge for 1 year and 3 months of the 1 year and 5 months i was employed.

No matter how hard I tried to show them that I could do so much more, they kept me stuck in the lounges while they had other new hires with NO CASINO SECURITY EXPERIENCE WHAT SO EVER handle all the liability related incidents as well as important calls. now how does that even make sense?

The only way to have it made in this department on the graveyard shift is to either be a very big guy (6ft and over) or be Hawaiian, but if your African American or Hispanic/Latino forget it. Even if your the biggest guy there, if your not Caucasian or Hawaiian, you will not be allowed to do much. I even went through the chain of command attempting to get them to let me do more work because I'm definitely qualified for it. There are 3 Assistant Security Manager/Supervisors and 1 Security Manager/Supervisor for the Graveyard shift. I asked all 3 assistants as well as the main manager and got nowhere.

Then the "new pay scale" is – more... ridiculous the graveyard managers don't let you know how many of each level employees are allowed, nor do they know how or when you can test for these positions so that you can advance, and even if they did know or have a clue, they HAVE and WILL give the first promotions to their inner circle of guys, EVEN IF YOU ARE MORE QUALIFIED FOR THE POSITION.

This place is a JOKE. The only positive thing I have to say about this place is that you get 3 days off back to back if your on the graveyard shift. So if you can stomach the incompetent managers and the fact that you will never advance and want much responsibility, then this is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

P.S. if you don't believe my review, do some research. I just found out that the Graveyard Security Supervisor/Manager was just placed on suspension pending an investigation, as well as one of the Graveyard Assistant Security Supervisor/managers who I also heard was just FIRED.

Good, but they still have more clean up to do. – less
A Productive Learning Experience
Intern Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 18, 2013
I enjoyed every day i worked as in inter at Mandalay! I learned with person and hands on experience with answering phones with a smile and providing the best information to the costumer. i handled all the filing , faxes, and and walk-in traffic! i took many people on tour of the property but because i was in intern i couldn't lease any units. Ive learned a lot and love this field . I'm looking to commit to a property in this career or Field.!
Fun Place, Great Culture.
Pool Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Cons: nothing
Mandalay is a great place to work. Employees are all nice and friendly. Management is great.
Mandalay Bay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free gourmet lunches and breakfast.
Cons: terrible management
This is a great company I learned about alot of different cultures in the hotel industry.

About Mandalay Bay

It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The company's more – Read more

Mandalay Bay Salaries