Mandalay Bay Employee Reviews

Leadership was on point
Concierge (full time) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
We have pre shift before our work day begins. This gives us information on what is going on within the resort.
Our mission is answering all questions about our resort and other properties on the strip and booking in our guests for various shows,spa,dining,amenities.
I have learned that each day can bring so much joy to our guests experience and change is consent so it is really important to be aware.
Management is helpful and knowledgeable, great leadership
Co-workers are caring, kind and patient
One of the hardest part of the job is when a guest is not happy and we are always looking for a way to bring back there smile.
Knowing I did the best job in helping exceed our guests expectations.
High Oressure great benefits
Banquet Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2015
I loved working for the company but didnt love my job. The pressure is really high and some days I would go in at 7 am and not leave until 9-10 pm. Plus you can not be even a minute late. Ever.
Pros
Great benefits program
Cons
High pressure, long hours, no flexibilty
fabulous fun
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas,NVOctober 27, 2016
I have a new client every time I walk in the door. They are from all over the world. It is interesting and educational to meet and chat with them.
Pros
Good management, fair and always hard working
A Great Company to Have on Your Resume
Group Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2015
If you have a desire to grow professionally and become groomed by the experts in areas of customer service and hospitality, apply for MGM Resorts International. There are development and learning classes offered frequently. The most frustrating task is reviewing contracts or working on assigned groups while answering phone calls and adhering to guest's requests or concerns. Most times it is difficult to break your focus from financial reports or contracts and become tied down with many phone calls through out the day. The most enjoyable part is being able to interact with people from all different backgrounds and learning more about myself each day through my co-workers.
Pros
Free meals, Excellent benefits, Competitive pay
Cons
Inconsistent Work Hours & Schedules, On-Call
productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2016
includes cleaning we have to clean 15 rooms in 8hours i do love cleaning rooms if the guest is happy am more than happy to serve them,am the fastest among them all. in a proper way.but i have to make sure that all are detailed acording to policy
Fun
Food and Beverage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2017
This job is on call and it can be very hard to balance my life around this job. Other then that this is a nice place to work everyone is very friendly and very awesome to work with.
Great place to work!
HR EVENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2016
Mandalay Bay is a down to earth company that really cares about you. You're part of a family and everyone stops to say hello.
terrible management
Lost and Found Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
co-workers and associates were very hardworking and displayed a good definition of teamwork although management especially in the lost and found department was terrible. There was no set foundation/ set guidelines for the department, making it difficult to enforce any kind of order.
Pros
free lunch, hour lunch
Cons
no set procedures or guidelines
A great first job
Assistance Manager (Former Employee) –  Las vegasJuly 27, 2015
This job was very educating for me for so it has taught me a lot on how to manage thing correctly and how to work with other. this job was fun and a great start for someone who just learning how to have a job
Pros
Great first job
Cons
need better pay and benifits
easy job
Food server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2016
This is a very good part time job, only six hours a day, manager and co-worker are fun to work with. And pay is not bad either
Great Employee relations
Bartender (Former Employee) –  LoungeFebruary 25, 2016
My last position was wonderful Live Music Lounge !
We where always given new product to work with, helping in creating the newest drink recipes happen...
Managers where always available to help, putting things at ease.
My co-workers where like family, made easy with the stable work place. When you like what you do it's easy I love people and interacting with them.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
"time" it take to walk into work
Great work culture!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2014
Mandalay Bay has a great work culture and values diversity. The pay is competitive, benefits are outstanding, and seeing new people everyday is a plus.
Pros
Free paid lunch, great benefits, health insurance, 401k
fun workplace
Ticket Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 29, 2016
enjoyed meeting people
loved my coworkers
learned a lot there
my hardest part about the job was lack of communication with management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Fun Place, Great Culture.
Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2013
Mandalay is a great place to work. Employees are all nice and friendly. Management is great.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
nothing
Fun workplace and Always successful
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2015
A day at mandalay bay as a work place is very fun and every employee there is very friendly and helpful, especially on the first days. The management is very good at helping solve any conflicts you have at work and also very nice and respectful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other employees because all other co workers are very friendly and fun. The hardest part of the job would be the guests and always staying professional even when they yell at you or complain in a rude manner. The workplace itself is a fun-loving environment and the helps you grow and develop successfully while still giving instruction to follow daily.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Currently a full time Assistant front desk manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2016
I really enjoy my time at mandalay bay and there is such opportunity for growth with such a large company, for either gaining experience or enhancing it they provide so much training for employees its great.
Stay away!!!
Starbucks Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
If you like working with slackers and idiots this place would be heaven. Every day is an embarrassment to work because coworkers just don't care. Management hides in an office on the other side of the property so nothing gets fixed or corrected. They only care about their revenue stream. Other department managers also have an ignorance about them that just has me wondering if there's remnants of radiation from atomic testing in the 1950's in the water supply. I've never worked with so many lazy, selfish, and idiotic people who all feel entitled to everything but responsibility for their duties. Oh and don't eat in the employee dining room, you'll get diarrhea. I watch kitchen workers everyday leave the employee bathroom without washing their hands.
Decent place to work many years ago
Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 21, 2015
It's been a decade since I worked at Mandalay Bay. F&B Departmental Management (at the time) was not overly supportive, but I assume that has changed in the past 10 years.
Great company to work with and friendly environment
Casino Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2015
I enjoy going to work at Mandalay Bay because I get to meet new Guest Every day. I made friends with a lot of hardworking co-workers that really inspire me. The supervisors and managers are very understanding and awesome to work with.
Productive, fun place to work
Business Center Agent/Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2015
Good work environment, flexible, friendly. Exciting, willing to let there employees grow and develop. Good Management team.
Pros
Great coworkers, free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mandalay Bay. Our community is ready to answer.

Mandalay Bay Reviews by Location