Mandalay Bay Employee Reviews

Lifeguard stuff.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2017
Maintain cleanliness of pool deck and made sure the actual pool was safe. MGM is a great corporation to work for always was pleased with the management.
Productive and Fun
Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work, there were busy and slow periods.
Managers were great to work with.
Everyone respected each other.

Nothing hard about the job.
Pros
free lunches
no comment
Apprentice Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2017
I love my co-workers... they are wonderful. They know what the job consists of and they all know how to be a team player. My immediate manager, she is amazing.
Fun but serious place to work, great experiences
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
It was a very fun place because of the people that worked there, and the overall environment. It was a place where I learned a lot and was able to progress in my work habits, and make great work relationships and connections.
Great place
Convention Porter - On-Call (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2017
It's a great place to work, as well great experience to achieve customer service. I learned how to be a great leader as well being there for the coworkers. I been here 4 years and I love it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Its on call job.
I love it
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
It was my first job and I enjoyed working for MGM. The company has an excellent management team and it was fun to work. I can't think of a problem or an issue I have working here. I would recommend working for Mandalay Bay.
Pros
Paid Break, Excellent management team
Cons
Seasonal and the scorched heat
nice and friendly environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2017
I'm only working there as a temporary employee, but they treat me really nice and i felt like i'm part of the team right away. i really enjoyed working there
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short on staff so sometimes we get our break at the end of our shift
Awesome workforce and friendly enviroment
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2017
Working for Mandalay for these past two years has been a great experience and allowed me to prosper in various ways having knowledge of two different aspects of customer service and I'm eternally greatful
A typical day at work
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89102May 20, 2017
Working at the mandalay bay every day was full of energy. I met many people and had regular customers that woukd only want to be served by me. I absolutely loved meeting new people everyday.
Great place to work if you're going to school.
Convention Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2017
Met so much cool people at this job and grew as a person. At this job you pretty much set tables and chairs. You also have to make sure that all rooms are refreshed with fresh water and by taking the trash out.
Mandalay Bay Banquet Setup
Set Up (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2017
Working in Banquet Setup for one of the biggest convention centers in Las Vegas is a great experience. My typical day would consist of a light meeting with our Managers and Supervisors to be notified about the current and upcoming event with Mandalay bay. We then disperse into certain groups and together we setup theaters, dining events, parties, and showcases depending on what the client is trying to accomplish. I have learned a lot about the job over my 4-5 years there. Management still needs a bit of work seeing that communication, movement of resources between shift, and proper man power per shift needs to be focused on. the hardest part of my job is giving a 100% of quality during overlapping events. The most enjoyable part of the job getting to work with amazing diverse people.
Pros
Free lunches, dry cleaning, and parking
Cons
walking between 10 to 12 miles a day.
Good company
Banquet Set Up, Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
The only set back is that if you are on call you can last up to a month of no work. They say to "get a second job" but its hard when Mandalay Bay schedules you random days so its hard to balance two jobs
Pros
Great benefits, Union
Cons
On call
Barback
Apprentice Bartender on call (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
No room for grow in the company. Only care for the guest not for the employee. No lockers. Good thing they have gym for us. Barbacks make more money in the casino than in the banquet department,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard to get a full time position
Great team-hard to advance
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2017
I've been with this company for 12 years.
I've worked with some of the most intelligent, caring and determined people and most of my experience has been pleasant.
However, in those 12 years, i have spent the last 2 actively trying to move up with repeat hurdles and rejection.
Pros
hard-working, great team
Cons
hard to move up, little promotion from the inside
Excellent Company
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2017
The management gives the vibe that they care about the well being and development of every employee with the organization. I highly recommend MGM Corporation if you would like to climb the corporate ladder.
Pros
Nice free buffet
Cons
Graveyard hours etc
the pool area is a fun place to work, new challenges every year.
Bartender - gaming (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2017
overall a very good company, room for growth. a good work and life balance with the challenges of reopening the pool every season . I learned new skills in multitasking and training others. I really enjoy being outdoors. Management is great very helpful and hands on.
Pros
working outdoors, vast company .
Cons
placed on call in the winter season. would like something more stable
Well run spa with amazing coworkers
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2017
I hated leaving this job because it was almost perfect. I loved the environment and my coworkers. Many of my coworkers have been there for over a decade and many opened the property 17 years ago. I think that speaks for itself. It was virtually a stress free work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
starting off on-call
Fun
Food and Beverage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2017
This job is on call and it can be very hard to balance my life around this job. Other then that this is a nice place to work everyone is very friendly and very awesome to work with.
Leadership was on point
Concierge (full time) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
We have pre shift before our work day begins. This gives us information on what is going on within the resort.
Our mission is answering all questions about our resort and other properties on the strip and booking in our guests for various shows,spa,dining,amenities.
I have learned that each day can bring so much joy to our guests experience and change is consent so it is really important to be aware.
Management is helpful and knowledgeable, great leadership
Co-workers are caring, kind and patient
One of the hardest part of the job is when a guest is not happy and we are always looking for a way to bring back there smile.
Knowing I did the best job in helping exceed our guests expectations.
productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2016
includes cleaning we have to clean 15 rooms in 8hours i do love cleaning rooms if the guest is happy am more than happy to serve them,am the fastest among them all. in a proper way.but i have to make sure that all are detailed acording to policy