Mandalay Bay Employer Reviews

Very fun and exciting place to work.
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2014
This Hotel caters to a younger crowd because there is always something going on there.
UUGGGHHHH MUST READ
Security Officer II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 20, 2013
Pros: 3 days off back to back
Cons: everything else.
First of all, in the GRAVEYARD SECURITY dept. The managers have their own little circle of people who they allow to do ANYTHING they want, including SLEEP on the job. While employed at the Mandalay Bay, having arrived with 5 years experience from a previous casino including positions ranging from officer to supervisor, I was not allowed to do anything.

I – more... am very knowledgeable in this field, have great common sense and am an excellent investigator and report writer. However, Management stuck me in a corner posted in an area where I could not help the team/department at all. They stuck me in a lounge for 1 year and 3 months of the 1 year and 5 months i was employed.

No matter how hard I tried to show them that I could do so much more, they kept me stuck in the lounges while they had other new hires with NO CASINO SECURITY EXPERIENCE WHAT SO EVER handle all the liability related incidents as well as important calls. now how does that even make sense?

The only way to have it made in this department on the graveyard shift is to either be a very big guy (6ft and over) or be Hawaiian, but if your African American or Hispanic/Latino forget it. Even if your the biggest guy there, if your not Caucasian or Hawaiian, you will not be allowed to do much. I even went through the chain of command attempting to get them to let me do more work because I'm definitely qualified for it. There are 3 Assistant Security Manager/Supervisors and 1 Security Manager/Supervisor for the Graveyard shift. I asked all 3 assistants as well as the main manager and got nowhere.

Then the "new pay scale" is ridiculous the graveyard managers don't let you know how many of each level employees are allowed, nor do they know how or when you can test for these positions so that you can advance, and even if they did know or have a clue, they HAVE and WILL give the first promotions to their inner circle of guys, EVEN IF YOU ARE MORE QUALIFIED FOR THE POSITION.

This place is a JOKE. The only positive thing I have to say about this place is that you get 3 days off back to back if your on the graveyard shift. So if you can stomach the incompetent managers and the fact that you will never advance and want much responsibility, then this is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

P.S. if you don't believe my review, do some research. I just found out that the Graveyard Security Supervisor/Manager was just placed on suspension pending an investigation, as well as one of the Graveyard Assistant Security Supervisor/managers who I also heard was just FIRED.

Good, but they still have more clean up to do. – less
A Productive Learning Experience
Intern Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 18, 2013
I enjoyed every day i worked as in inter at Mandalay! I learned with person and hands on experience with answering phones with a smile and providing the best information to the costumer. i handled all the filing , faxes, and and walk-in traffic! i took many people on tour of the property but because i was in intern i couldn't lease any units. Ive learned – more... a lot and love this field . I'm looking to commit to a property in this career or Field.! – less
Fun Place, Great Culture.
Pool Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, benefits
Cons: nothing
Mandalay is a great place to work. Employees are all nice and friendly. Management is great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free gourmet lunches and breakfast.
Cons: terrible management
This is a great company I learned about alot of different cultures in the hotel industry.
Worked Customer service
Concierge (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2013
Pros: employee buffet
Taking Calls from guests to set reservations and provide infomation to guests on upcoming events at the resort
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: good pay and flexible hours
Cons: tough making all guests happy
Mandalay Is a fast paced work environment that always keeps you busy. They hire friendly people that come prepared to work.
Meet and Greet guest and serve fellow employees
Intern for the Human Resources Department (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2012
Pros: your accomplishments were always noticed, friendly environment, interaction with new people, employee dining room (free food)
Cons: long periods of sitting, objectives sometimes got boring and were long
I worked in the Training center of human resources. My job was to set up the training rooms for every different class, worked on employee transcripts, assisted trainers with their training classes, created handouts for classes, walked the property to assist guest and I even got to train a class of my own in front of the vice president of Human resources. – more... I learned various ways to teach a class and keep the employees interested in the class. I also learned how to be a top guest server in a hotel/resort. The management and co-workers were always energetic and they stayed on task while still being interactive with guest and employees. The hardest part of the job was having to sit for long periods of time at the desk while working on one simple project. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to teach my own class and met new interesting co-workers and guest. – less
fun work place
banquet set up (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2012
nice company and good working environment to work nice coworker i learned alot of things
Hopeless place to work
cage cashier (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 25, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: breaks not as per industry rules
In the Mandalay Bay cage the working atmosphere is very tense.The cashiers are overburdened and under lot of stress.It is a hopelessly managed cage with the most obsolete software.
Not Good
On Call Cashier (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 15, 2012
Management is in it for themselves. They do not care about the employees. This is what I saw in my department.

– June 22, 2013

Mandalay Bay = union politics, management is incompetent with no real experience, co workers do drugs to cope with working there. It is not a place to be proud of... You must have sin in your blood to feel honored in this environment. Although, free food that is already old, union wages, get a real job!

95%
sales associtae (Former Employee), 3950 S,Las Vegas BlvdFebruary 12, 2012
Pros: you get and hour free lunch!
Cons: some times you get you hours cut!
greet guest , keep the store fill in and clean,you try to help the guest fine want they are looking for

About Mandalay Bay

It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The company's more – Read more

Mandalay Bay Photos