Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

great benefits, and the job security is terrific
Pastry cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
I have been with the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group for the past 7 years. It is the epitome of luxury. This hotel group helped me move from Boston to NYC and I have only grown from there. I am consistently pushed to go above and beyond to delight and satisfy our guests. My colleagues are incredibly talented chefs. We are a great team that help each other seamlessly.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for growth currently
DC property is amazing
Associate Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2016
DC property was great to work for. Beautiful product and great location. Easy access from DC or Old Town.

DOSM has since moved on but he was a good leader and easy to work for.
amazing work environment
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2016
My experience have been amazing in this place. The work environment, the benefits, and the great opportunity of grow up. I recommend to everybody this hotel.
amazing
house man (Former Employee) –  Brickell Point, FLSeptember 19, 2016
loved working there great experience loved everyone there just the pay rate could of been better then what it was but besides that everything was amazing
Awesome place
CDR- Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2016
I am content with my schedule and I am happy with the work environment. Everyone is patient and understanding with me as I am with them. I see myself working here for a long time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Overtime
Very Busy Spa plenty of business, Have to wait for desirable shifts for seniority
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2016
Beautiful hotel lots of great benefits great location

well staffed spa and plenty of amenities . Plenty of high end clients spa menu extensive with many different treatments
Pros
make excellent money
Cons
traffic at rush hour and tourists make travel time difficult
Great Colleagues and Management team
Security Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2016
This is a small property with that family feeling. Great teams! There is room for growth within the company. Treats colleagues well.
Operations
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2016
Mandarin is a great place to work. It really gets you ready for the next level. You can learn a lot if you are will to work hard and Make sacrifices.
Stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2016
Unprofessional management, no personal growth or development, working 60-70 hours standing.Better places out there to give everything you got.
Pros
The name behind it
Cons
miami management, poor English and communication skills. coming from an EU member
great learning and developement awesome company.
Overnight In Room Dining Coordinator/Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2016
review purchase orders for the day . read any glitches or reports that affected our guest. read VIP report prep for visits take orders and deliver them in a timely fashion. work closely with the chef concerning special orders like guest with allergies. prepare side work clean work area assist any colleague needing help with a guest or project . keeping my manager aware of any issues a guest may have and special request. my favorite thing was making sure i delighted our guest and make memories for them i would return to this company in a heart beat if it was in my area but would hope to find another hotel with similar expectations .
Pros
great managment and benefits
Cons
not local
Very classy establishment
Valet/ Doorman (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2016
A valet job is good at this establishment is good for a young person during their high school or college years. Too much downtime in between events.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Too much downtime
Company has great benefits
Front Desk/Communications (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
great company benefits, Management needs a bit of polishing, for a 5 star hotel it can use a bit more modern furniture in the rooms and I loved working with my coworkers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
paid parking
Fast Paced Environment
In-Room Dining Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2016
Mandarin Oriental is a five star hotel. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance. Within In-Room Dinning catering to our customer needs and giving them an overall luxurious experience was always the goal.
Excellent place to get entry-level training in customer service
PBX Operator/ Room Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
The training is fairly rigorous but it's thorough and as an operator you have access to all the information you'll need to help guests both in the hotel and around the stripThe day is easy once you get into the routine of answering calls and you get clear on how you are supposed to answer phones and which departments do what. The hardest part was that PBX was treated as a transient department for management so we had 4 managers in the space of two years. I don't think it was easy for them either, but it may have been better to phase in the new manager gradually versus just abruptly switching. All in all, good company to work for and they do a 401K company match.
Pros
Free lunches, fun quarterly meetings, good inter-departmental relations
Cons
High turnover in both management and staffing, not easy to use the MOStay benefits at other hotels
Mostly, friendly people.
Loews Regency Hotel to present Purchasing clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2016
Very easy going people to work with (for the most) some exceptions.
I learned to work with people from different back grounds/cultures.
it was a little un-organized and lack of leadership in some areas.
Pros
Free meals and clean uniforms daily
Cons
Arrogance from some Management people.
making my job on time
housekeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2016
a regular day was start fixing the car wuith the amenties and any i need to fix room ,bathroom dust, mop clean windows and fepp the like five star hotel
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
no breaks
Pre-opening employees resist newcomers.
Executive Assistant to Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2016
The group of employees that are Pre-opening seem to stick together and they believe in 'promoting from within', which means they are not too excited when people come from outside.

The management seems to have favorite departments that were not held accountable for anything. (damages to equipment, carelessness, being responsible for their own property, etc.)

In my department, everyone was great to work with.

The hardest part was keeping up with all the FLHSS&E (annual internal audit) requirements. This audit is way beyond what any other property does. It is mandatory and puts extra work on ALL departments. The score of this audit is a top priority from GM on down.

When I first started, I enjoyed the job until all the unrealistic expectations kept piling up.
Pros
not too many
Cons
Operates on very minimal budget.
Human Resources is great
Bar Boulud Cook I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2016
Although the management seemed to be a revolving door, I learned a lot about impeccable customer service.I spent 6 years working for the company.
nice environment
Hotel Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Mandarin Oriental trains their employees with lot of rules and discipline. It's like to be in a school again.

I worked for the reservations department for one of the restaurants inside the hotel.

It was a good experience for improving my multi task skills.

Some of the management team were not professional at all.
Pros
good bennefits
Cons
bad management
Great company to work for. Would highly recommend.
Technical Services & Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2015
I loved working for the Mandarin. Great people, great salary, and you get to work with top professionals. I learned a lot while working at the Mandarin and would work for them again any time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2