Mandarin Oriental Employee Reviews

Beautiful property and a pleasant place to work, however, very little traffic.
Gourmet Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2015
Pros: Beautiful property with a great historyand customer service reputation
Cons: Very few guests and opportunity to make a competitive income
Generally a quiet hotel with very little traffic in the restaurants. Learned a tremendous amount about various Pacific cultures and Pan-Asian cuisine. Management was diverse and multicultural and my co-workers had a great deal of upscale service experience. The most difficult part of the job was, again, the inconsistent income. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about new cuisines and the high service expectations of the staff.
Has great potential...
Server/Server Assistan (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no outside life
The Mandarin Oriental is great place to work in general you meet a lot of people from outside it's a beautiful place and a lot of people will hire your coming from there but if they had the right tools they needed it would be perfect. No matter how hard you work it doesn't feel like it's good enough for them honestly
Management 3 Stars
Benefit 5 stars
Money 3 stars
Co Works 4 stars
Great company
Sous Chef (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 28, 2014
a globally run and operated company with room for advancement
Overall a 5* experience
Reservations Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2014
Great company. Great benefits. Upper management positions given only to outsiders not promoted from within.
good pay and benefits, management treats employees like dogs
spa facilitator (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, benefits, weekly pay
Cons: parking, management, stiff schedules with no flex
the pay and benefits are pretty good and the culture is very friendly and inviting. however management will treat line employees really bad. long hours with no flexibility, manager putting work off on regular employees, and since new managers have been hired there has been a lot of terminations and ironically most of those terminated are of the same race, go figure. Other than that the biggest part of the job is to always make guests happy and whatever it takes to keep them happy
Great Company with Great Expectations
Spa Concierge (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: included cafeteria for colleagues (free lunch or dinner)
Cons: overworked.
Working here has made me become a better person. It has made me realize that there is so much more to hospitality. The detail that this company goes by is impeccable. Everything is personalized and tailored to guests needs like no other place. Luxurious but still feels like home.
Great place to meet very unique colleagues
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 23, 2014
A typical day at work can go anywhere from 0-60 seconds in one minute. I go in to work, print out my daily DCF's informing the hotel with how many guests we will have in house, that day and who will be coming in. after that, our HR team will have a line-up and we all let each other know what is going on in our day. Normally, I make sure all of my e-mails are caught up, voicemails have been answered and take care of immediate forms, for anything any colleague may need that same day. Everyone is very friendly, you will never go down the hall with our someone saying hi to you. The most challenging part of my job used to be getting used to doing benefits their way, ' Mandarin " way. The best part of my job is being able to talk and see colleagues on a daily basis, making sure everyone is taken care of.
my preview
House person morning (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 14, 2013
good and a very hard worker a lot of potential the hardest of the job is not finding the right company to finish the task left by the managers
Double standard between management and line workers
Line Worker (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 11, 2013
Not a bad place, but managers don't live by the values that the company promotes
Great company
Assistant in room dining manager (Former Employee), New York,NYMay 25, 2013
Pros: much
I worked at this hotel for almost two months. I can only say positive things about this company. The diferences I have read here are that we need to remember to diferenciate work place with home space then one will be just fine. It is the same hotel hospitality culture every where you go to work nothing will change no matter what hotel one works for? I didnt stay because I need to work on something diferent but if I have to choose to work again for MOH it will be my first choice. Trust me I been in this industry for over 40 years and the MOH it is a precious as it comes.
5 start hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas nvMay 14, 2013
it was a fun and experience job i learned many things
i liked working with the guest
good working for this company
Maintenance engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2013
Pros: all good food free
Cons: walk 15 minutes to get in side to work
take all calls for guest, every day you learn something new, my boss leave you on auto pilot all way my co-works were very on top on any problem, is not to have parts to take care you job, is to fix problem o equipment
Was a great company to work for.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), Miami FlFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: amazing company.
Ensured the maintenance of OSHA Standard for Massage. Built customer loyalty. Performed professional massages. Gained knowledge in full spectrum of information pertaining to signature spa treatments and products.
HR staff is rude and condescending. Not sure how they got 5 stars
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaDecember 30, 2012
Pros: 5 star 5 diamond rating
Cons: condescending management - especially hr
The women who work in HR are a brutal. They are critical, rude, and condescending. Never mind the guests that come to this hotel being primadonnas, the staff is way worse. I would not recommend working here. It is the most over rated hotel on the strip
Great Company...
In Room Dining Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch, most luxurius hotels, benefits, 401k
Cons: small discount on rooms, prima donas that stay at these hotels
Its a job .. it depends on which location of Mandarin you work in. These hotels are all over the world and are all diffrent. They all have same qualities which is the culture of the company.
Great work environment
Administrator (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 15, 2012
This is a great place to work. I do not feel challenged professionally in my current position, and there is no advancement opportunities in my current career field.
great climate in the organization. Exceptional company values and culture
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 9, 2012
Pros: free lunch, flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, pay to park, work on weekends and holidays
I learned to listen and resolve problems, take the lead, work as a team. I learned what is to offer the best quality of service. The hardest part of the job is when others are not committed as you do to be the best. I enjoyed to worked in such a multicultural environment, and to work for a luxury hotel brand.
Amazing place to work
Spa Front Desk Agent /Licensed Nail Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2012
Mandarin Oriental is a place where you can build a career. They invest a lot of time into training to ensure you have all the skills you need to perform your job.
Luxurious luxury hotel
Cafe Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: insurance, uniforms cleaned and provided, elegant atomosphere
Cons: unsure direction of the hotel due to the recent switch to mandarin oriental
I worked for the Mandarin Oriental for six months now, and most of my co workers are awesome, the management is improving, but could still need a little work. A typical day at work would be in one of the three areas I am cross trained in, including in room dining, restaurant, and banquets. Usually I start the day by preparing for what is to come and setting myself up for success, this is the most important part...making sure tables are up to standard, restocking, reading over the vips and hotel occupancy summary. The hardest part of this job would be not being provided the proper materials to work with and having to search them out. The easiest part would be giving excellent and memorable service to the guest.
Great compensation
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: opportunity for growth
Overall the company is a good place to work for. Colleagues have the option to transfer for any property in the U.S. and overseas. Some departments there is not opportunity for career advancement.