Mango Employee Reviews in United States

Head Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
Opened, closed and balanced cash registers. Maintained and organized stock of all supplies and accessories; answered phone calls; assisted in sales; upheld company standards; retained product knowledge. Trained new employees (including management).
Fun retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 6, 2016
For any retail store in the mall you know what you're expected of. Mangos was a fun place to work and gave me a greater understanding of people and the workplace.
Ok place to begin carreer
VISUAL MERCHANDISER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
excellent place for advancement, a bit underpaid, visual team and management were always changing their mind about everything. Scheduling is terrible; they would put you to close and then open early morning.
Pros
excellent employee discount
A place to remember
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Barcelona, CTJanuary 19, 2016
A tipical day at work starts with breakfast with my team. At 9:00 am I start reading emails and solving problemns from my suppliers, which are already in their office since they are from China and India.
Then I close purchases, negotiations and analyze margins to achieve the stabliseh Mark Up. Sometimes I need to convocate meetings with my team to talk about different issues, such as budget issues.
I learn about logistics, procedures, fabrics and materials, country specific holidays, production times, minimum quantities needed, forwarders, time needed to book space in the vessels, transportation timings, ports...
Therefore, I need to manage the production lead time, transport time, prices, tests need to be passed, bookings, warehouse requeriments...
The hardest part of my job is to achieve the Mark up objective since the conditions are hard (high margin, low selling price, good qualities and developed designs)
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I LOVE it, I love to learn everyday something new, I love to talk with my suppliers and I love to struggle to achive my difficult objective
Pros
discounts in store
Cons
Bad salary, Holiday period imposed
Fun and busy work place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  House of FraserOctober 20, 2015
i really enjoyed working at mango. Its a very friendly environment and they care about there staff. Good staff discount. Daily tasks included helping customers, administration, keeping the shop floor tidy, handling delivery and organising the stock room
Very exciting environment with great colleagues
Personnel Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, CTJuly 8, 2015
I learned not only about tasks of personnel administration but also about the cultures of other countries, how to keep up with a fast-paced environment and how to multitask.
Fun and perfect place to work and shop!
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2015
This was one of my favorites jobs ever.The way the staff were with me was beautiful.I loved working here because we were more than a team work we were a family. I started when the company just had open up at the International Airport of Orlando Fl and we grew up together as a family and team.Working with clothing,shoes and accesories was fun,specially having to deal with customers from all over the world and meet their fashion criteria.I started from a sale associate and little by littlle i became a supervisor.The company showed me how they loved my work and enthusiasm with them and they gave me everything i couldnt ask for on a job.
Pros
good privacy on the job area, good pay, more knowledge
Cons
never payed on time
fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NewyorkJune 25, 2015
what i did learn in this company was that how to communicate with my consumers.The hardest part of the job was that i was hard to communicate with the manager, because the manager was kind of gave every employee a hard time, so everyone didnt like her in the store.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
professional, fun and fashionable environment.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York,NYMarch 11, 2015
Stock Associate is responsible for everyday shipments, helping the sales associate to accomplish they daily goals. Providing the sales with hourly replacement, stock checks, finding the size they need. learning how to be fast to accomplish the goals of the store, working in a great team towards it. Teaching new employees how to work fast, pointing out the best way to help the stock/sales associate daily goals. Different store fabrics, material and colors help me identify what would work for clients and what would not. Busy weekend are very challenging especially when co-workers didn't show up to work, everything falls back on you at the end of the day. Working hard is never a issue, pushing your self to the max is always very rewarding. Always motivated, having a great energy gets you through the day, to accomplish every daily goals.
Pros
fun environment, good team, fashion
Cons
inconvenient distance
very laid back and diverse atmosphere
Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 27, 2015
I had to work hand and hand with coworkers and assist costumers,
I learned how to manage people to work together as a team.
As a manger I schedule a time and date to received merchandise weekly, also did inventory to assure that system was accurate.
Hardest part of the job was keeping my employees motivated on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of working at Mango was being at the heart of the city, working right across the street from the Empire State building.
Pros
direct deposit
Cons
no health insurance, no type of benefits, hard time getting a raise
Stocker
Sales Stocker (Former Employee) –  plantation, flDecember 30, 2014
It was a nice work environment however the hours were very short and I didn't make enough. It was very unorganized and messy working their. while I appreciate the opportunity I wasn't able to grow or learn much from this experience other then how to steam, fold, and, tag merchandise.
Busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2014
I would come in from school service customers by assisting them with help with clothes they want to purchase. I would fold and keep the store tidy and classy. I would also manage the fitting room area.
Good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLApril 3, 2014
Good place to work in retail sales. No training but it is a typical student job.
Creative Clothing Store
Small Business Owner/Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAJanuary 20, 2014
Mango was a new and used clothing store that presented well priced and created display of its products to the customer. The store was well managed, and maintained a knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Fashion Forward Company
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 2, 2013
Enjoyed helping customers achieve a better version of themselves through clothing. We also had an amazing team that work together.
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough hours
very productive
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Mclean,VAOctober 17, 2013
It was a lot of hard work but manageable. I loved being in the stockroom and setting up the stockroom. Co-workers were pretty cool. The environmetn was laid back.
coworkers, managemant
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2013
The job in itself is okay but not somewhere i would want to stay for years to come. My coworkers are nice and i get along with all of them. However the management could be better. She can be rude at times and doesn't always tell the truth in order to get her way.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Great opportunities for advancement
US WEST COAST AREA MANAGER-MEXICO AREA MANAGER (Current Employee) –  COSTA MESA, CASeptember 10, 2013
Great proffesionalism from co workers
Company teaches a lot about the fashion industry
Lots of traveling
Rewarding feedback from supervisors
Educational work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2013
I learned a lot from this company. Great learning Environment.