Manhard Consulting Ltd, a privately-held, civil engineering consulting firm with operations in Illinois and four other states seeks a full-time Accounting Manager for our offices in Vernon Hills, IL.
This is a hands-on role performing the accounting function; the ideal candidate will be comfortable multi-tasking and also must be willing to roll up the sleeves as part of a small, highly efficient team. Reporting directly to the CFO with dotted line accountability to the COO, the position responsibilities include:
- Performing all accounting functions for the primary civil engineering business and several small investment entities, including preparing journal entries and monthly financial statements, supporting balance sheet, bank and loan reconciliations and bi-weekly payroll
- Managing the billing and accounts payable processes, working closely with team members performing these functions to ensure timely, accurate and efficient information
- Performing all cash management including managing operating daily cash receipts and disbursements, banking relationships and updating rolling four-week projection
- Coordinating the preparation of the 2013 Business Plan with our divisions outside Illinois, and perform all monthly financial reporting related to the Plan
- Ad hoc reporting as required, including (but not limited to) project management, utilization, fixed assets and accounts receivable status
- Other tasks and projects at the direction of the CFO/COO and principals
Ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- 5-10 years prior related experience in accounting, ideally in a service or consulting industry. Civil engineering background a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field; CPA highly desirable
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interaction with internal team members, lenders and our principals
- Must be very detailed oriented and exhibit strong organization and time management skills.
- Exhibit strong work ethic and willingness to get the job done; the best candidate will be willing to take on high levels of responsibility on the team
- Software skills required: proficiency in Excel and Word; working knowledge of typical accounting software. Experience with BST Global software is a distinct advantage
Send resume including salary history
Indeed - 20 months ago
Manhard Consulting, a multi-discipline, medium sized engineering firm that provides consulting services to clients in the public, private...