Manhattan Beer Distributors Employee Reviews

Great for someone who would field work
REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 16, 2017
Great place to work at, the people and the culture is probably the best iv seen. If your into beer and sprites and the utmost desire to learn what your city offer when it comes to the nightlife then Manhattan beer will completely deliver.
great experience
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2017
Manhattan Beer is a great company. I loved work in this company. the inscurance plane was great. salary and benefits are very good. and its good for your resume
Long days
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2017
repetitive work with no room for growth.The Company does a horrible job communicating about changes or decisions that affect employees. I understand the issues facing our customers/members.
I am committed to producing the highest quality work for our customers/members.
Cons
short break and expensive medical insurance
Poor Communication
Sales Supervisor - Midtown West (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
Sales staff is constantly fighting the loss of customers due to poor communication and delivery issues. Operations communicates poorly with every department and the sales staff wastes a lot of time putting out fires. Also, when Beehive was bought out and the workload was nearly doubled, all supervisors were taken off commission and put on salary so their pay didn't benefit from the increased volume.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Poor communication
Great place to gain experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 3, 2017
it is a big company. Since the merge with phoenix distributors everything is a little bit complicated. Still a very good company to get experience in sales.
Pros
Sometimes you get free tickets for some events
Cons
Stress is big
productive
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYMarch 19, 2017
I worked with different drivers everyday delivering hundreds of cases of beer and kegs to stores, restaurants, supermarkets, etc. The length of the day depends on your route.
Hard work is rewarded
Roadnet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 5, 2017
If your looking to make money and dont mind working hard then Manhattan Beer is the place. Great Benefits and pay, but it is not easy work.
typical day at manhattan beer
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYMarch 1, 2017
I would drive required vehicle to customers and deliver product to grocery stores convenient stores as well as any other business that ordered from our company. The supervisors were very good and helpful. I had a good rapport with supervisors and all of my customers.
Repetitive Motion
Route Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Every day is the same. 50 drivers go out. 50 drivers return. Processing all the cash and check payments as they return. Some oddities happen throughout the week but every day is just like yesterday and tomorrow.
Pros
If the drivers come back before you work 8 hours, you get paid 8 hours anyway.
Cons
They rarely come back much before 7 hours so you almost don't notice this perk.
excellent
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 9, 2017
this is a good place to work , and it is a busy place and growing so fast . co workers are friendly . you can gain more experiance from this place. it is a good place
Clean and safe enviornment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 22, 2017
I start work around 7pm - 3am. I clock in and get on the forklift and start filling up trucks for morning deliveries. My co-workers are awesome to work with, we work as a team to get the job done in a timely matter and safe.
Busy Warehouse
Warehouse Assistant Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Worked nights for years. Very busy warehouse. Co-workers for the most part were friendly. Company is still growing. Would recommend for people who are not afraid of hard work.
Pros
Paid Well
Cons
Long Hours
Good company for after college grads
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 6, 2017
MBD is a company that is good for recent grads. Management needs to work on leadership skills BIG TIME. It's a company where you can learn how to sell a product. Fun environment during events with suppliers. Men are very competitive - so if you''re a smart beautiful woman, beware of men trying to take you down. Too many shady characters as employees in the sales department.
Pros
free beer
Cons
no leadership no growth
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYDecember 11, 2016
Great place to work. Fun work environment. Room for growth. Needs to hire more helpers for all season round. Used to be Monday to Friday now it's Tuesday to Saturday.
ok place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Rockland County, NYNovember 2, 2016
typical day at work is driving to different stores and repeating the same steps in each store of making sure the product is rotated, shelves are filled and our product stands out more then the competition. Work by myself for the most part, learned how to be very efficient. Most enjoyable part of work is being able to do it my way for the most part.
Pros
work on my own
Cons
in the car alot
Great Company
On-Premise Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2016
Their biggest flaw is their biggest asset. This company teaches how to learn and gives you the tools you need to get things done. No matter what. Their biggest problem is that by continuing with their dated system makes is extremely inefficient. In any business efficacy is a major part in its success. By creating barriers for their employees to complete simple tasks hurts them growing their business. For them to grow to their full potential they need to take a look into their dated system and bring it up to speed with the way business is done today. With that being said anyone can learn a lot from this company with their drive to succeed. The drive to be the best has made them what they are today. The culture will be with driving force for years to come I just wish they can more their processes more efficient.
Fun Workplace
On-Premise Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Best Place to work
I learned how to run a group and balance management and performance. Maintaining current custmers while gaining new business has alwys been my specialty.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 10, 2016
It was a great experience meeting new people and learning from them. So many different types of crafts but this beer company is a great asset
Pros
Free Lunches and beer on special ocassions
MIS Helpdesk
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (MIS) Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2016
I was given different tasks to do using Microsoft Excel such as logging computers and to remove names from the database of people who were no longer working in the company. I had to communicate on a daily basis with my co-workers and with the head of the department. Had a friendly relationship with all people in the company, Management made us work hard but it made the job more fun because it pushed us to work hard. Hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was one and the same: to ensure that everything was done perfectly.
hard job with great perks
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYApril 26, 2016
great seasonal job for college students. great pay while performing hard work delivering kegs and cases of beer in all areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manhattan Beer Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.