Manhattan Beer Distributors

Manhattan Beer Distributors Employee Reviews

Steady Paycheck & Job Security
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck, job security
Cons: shallow glass ceiling, rewards longevity over talent
A consistent paycheck and the job security are the highlights of the company.

Downfall is that seniority takes precedent over talent/hard work.

The longer you stay, the more you get... But good luck staying motivated long enough to see a return on your effort.
Productive and fun place to work
Recycle Laborer (Former Employee), Suffern, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: a whole hour of lunch. great co-workers team oriented
Cons: none.
A typical day at work is organizing the breakages from the night the day before, then seperating the color and clear bottles for recycling as well as the cans. The management was great. Very enthusiastic willing to teach and very helpful in completing difficult tasks. The most enjoyable part for me was being able to work with great people who helped each other for the common goal in a fun yet safe working environment.
Worst possible company to work for
Sales Route Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Management only cares about themselves. They don't value the people actually out on the route doing the real leg work. Will replace you on a dime even after 4 years of dedication and hard work. Lazy Management
Good Exprience
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2014
They have nice co-worker, the management is good, and good atmosphere.
Manhattan Beer Distributors
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wyandanch, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: had an extremely awesome boss.
Cons: literally everything else.
Manhattan Beer Distributors was a job I worked at for a year. I worked as a merchandiser which consisted of moving products, hanging marketing signs, rotating beer in coolers around various beer distributors around Long Island. I loved my manager. Down to earth guy and was extremely flexible but also stern and fair. When I left he was the one guy I genuinely would miss working for. That being said – more... , the company itself was not. Driving around long island for what seemed like minimum wage was un fair. When asked for a raise I was told their were none for my position unless promoted to sales which I had no experience at the time. Another horrible thing that was actually just taken to court was un paid overtime. They lost a lawsuit to some other merchandisers who took the matter to court and anyone who worked in a time period got a settlement. The funny part of that was when you came back exactly at the time you were scheduled to work you were reprimanded. Overtime was expected with no extra compensation. Another issue was for me I worked under 4 salesman who had their respective store all over long island. I'd be assign to them sporadically through out the week. They had a contest for these salesman if they had these awesome displays in the sales stores they would get prizes. I would take time out to build these magnificent displays and these salesman would win like 500 to 1000 dollars. I hardly ever saw a cent and I would build the whole thing. I will never work for them again. – less
Selling Beer is always good
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wyandanch, NYDecember 13, 2013
Pros: beer
Cons: your personal phone is your business phone, your always on call, work on all holidays, beer never sleeps
-Co Workers were the best part of the job
-8am-5pm
-Learned a lot about inventory, rotating, merchandising, and marketing
Administrative Assistant "Specialty Division" (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Pros: races, and time off
Cons: some racism bosses in order to hire or promote internal workers
Experience was wonderfull, work day was always an amazing day. Learn every day something new.
A generally bad place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: occasional free beer
Cons: bad physical work environment, very poor management, terrible hours
To start, if you don't like warehouse conditions then I would avoid this place. When I took up the job as an inventory specialist my concern was whether I would have to work weekends. I was told that I wouldn't, only to find out that there was an inventory one Sunday a month. The management is poor. My actual inventory manager worked out of the main warehouse. I can say he knew what he was doing and he was smart. He was also unprofessional and wasn't always very pleasant to work with. Having your manager make fun of you in front of other employees for not owning a car to get to meetings isn't very professional. Nobody there worked together and the hours were really bad.
great place to built a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2013
is great to experience customers around the world and become good in the sales career.
Manhattan Beer
Laborer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 1, 2013
I was full time and the job was overall a very easy job. The managers were very kind
Fun place to work for
Corporate Cashier Manager (Former Employee), Bronx NYMay 13, 2013
I was given a great deal of latitude when I was the Cashiers Manager. Great perks as a manager and my hours were very flexible.
great place to work
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 6, 2013
Pros: no micro-management
Cons: long hours, hard to be promoted, lots of employment turnover
i had offers from the other 2 major distributors in NYC and the offer from MBD easily beat out the other two. My boss is awesome and very flexible and the company benefits are second to none.
Horrible work enviroment,stay away if you can.
Operations (Current Employee), BrooklynMay 4, 2013
Pros: pay, healthcare, vacation time.
Cons: to much buddy buddy in upper management, long days
Upper management has no clue what's going on especially in one warehouse, bosses are crooks and try to micro manage everyone.Only if the owner knew what was going on here.
fun, exciting, new company
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: small office, good team, extensive sales and customer service education
Cons: wages, no benefits
Proud to have been an initial team memeber of this new company.
good in the sales buisness
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2013
good in the sales business. gave me a chance to work with people and get to know how different business works.
great fun work place
Sales rep (Former Employee), Wyandanch, NYFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: ability to work on your own
Cons: not much room for advancement
cater to customers
push sales
work off incentives
fun working in groups
Excellent workplace
Sales Representative On/Off Premise (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Manhattan Beer is the #1 beer distributor. They provide a friendly work environment to all employees and are always willing to train new talent.
Great experience
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2012
It was great to be a part of a leading beer wholesaler. There is room for advancement.
Packing out merchandise in various accounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee), bronx, new yorkOctober 31, 2012
Build displays in retail chain stores
Take orders from various accounts
Maintain merchandising standards while rotating products
Transport, replace and maintain points of sale advertising as of appropriate for account
Meet customers
Average Day
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Wyandanch, NYSeptember 23, 2012
Cons: long days, commuting
Vist several retailers on Long Island, and stock various brands of beer. As a sales representative, I work with the associates on the displays, and ordering. The hardest part is driving everywhere in my own personal vehicle.

About Manhattan Beer Distributors

One of the biggest beer purveyors in the New York City area, Manhattan Beer Distributors caters to more than 25,000 accounts from – Read more

Manhattan Beer Distributors Salaries