Manhattan Beer Distributors Employee Reviews in United States

MIS Helpdesk
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (MIS) Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2016
I was given different tasks to do using Microsoft Excel such as logging computers and to remove names from the database of people who were no longer working in the company. I had to communicate on a daily basis with my co-workers and with the head of the department. Had a friendly relationship with all people in the company, Management made us work hard but it made the job more fun because it pushed us to work hard. Hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was one and the same: to ensure that everything was done perfectly.
hard job with great perks
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYApril 26, 2016
great seasonal job for college students. great pay while performing hard work delivering kegs and cases of beer in all areas
Nice environment to work in
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYApril 12, 2016
Long hours, nice environment and great company to work for. Hardest part of the job is locating products by invoice, lots of products to know.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
Long hours, bad union
rewards longevity over productivity 10/10
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2015
Great place to learn the business, but be prepared to work at least 10 years before getting a significant management position & salary.
Corporate company distributing alcohol and non alcohol beverages
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2015
Large corporation in which i had more than several accounts to service each week. My main focus was to sell company products to as many accounts as I could. I also made sure current products were kept to company standards, made sure my products were properly priced, visual to consumers and were kept in good quality. There's so many great people working for this company and I met lots of good friends at my accounts that I sure miss. At this job, I learned how to get organized and set a daily pre-plan to keep my focus at each individual account.
Pros
Health benefits! Meeting new people every day, swag
Cons
Mass destruction to my own personal vehicles. The person making decisions was not my immediate boss.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island,nyAugust 27, 2015
Fun place to work, great employees. Advancement to a higher positions are available but unlikely to happen. Working while off the clock, using own cell phone car and gas.
Pros
free beer
Cons
low compensation
Challenging and rewarding environment
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 13, 2015
Manhattan Beer is fast paced but the benefits of this far exceed any other job that I have held. The management is something that people have been blogging about for a very long time and it isn't something that is going to change. The management is effective and has made Manhattan Beer what it is now, the biggest distributor in NY. Above all this, Manhattan Beer the best job that I have ever had and my distance and the addition of my 2 daughters is what keeps me from continuing the employment.
productive
Manhattan Coors Momentum Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2015
I worked with the owners and bar managers to set up promotions to make sure that our brands were the feature beers, and to ensure that these accounts met company standards. In addition to these duties and throughout my years working in this industry with Manhattan Beer, I developed strong problem solving skills, which in turn helped secure accounts.
productive and fun work place.
merchindise handler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2015
A typical work day was fun and easy going can be a lot of work at times. I had cool co-workers we helped each other out when needed, I learned streets and area's I never knew while driving my scheduled rout, the most enjoyable part was I had the chance to meet new people and made new friends.
Pros
meeting new people, seeing new places.
Cons
Driving a lot can sometimes take a toll on you and not to mention the parking tickets.
Steady Paycheck & Job Security
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 1, 2014
A consistent paycheck and the job security are the highlights of the company.

Downfall is that seniority takes precedent over talent/hard work.

The longer you stay, the more you get... But good luck staying motivated long enough to see a return on your effort.
Pros
steady paycheck, job security
Cons
shallow glass ceiling, rewards longevity over talent

Want to know more about Manhattan Beer Distributors?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work
Recycle Laborer (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work is organizing the breakages from the night the day before, then seperating the color and clear bottles for recycling as well as the cans. The management was great. Very enthusiastic willing to teach and very helpful in completing difficult tasks. The most enjoyable part for me was being able to work with great people who helped each other for the common goal in a fun yet safe working environment.
Pros
a whole hour of lunch. great co-workers team oriented
Cons
none.
Worst possible company to work for
Sales Route Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Management only cares about themselves. They don't value the people actually out on the route doing the real leg work. Will replace you on a dime even after 4 years of dedication and hard work. Lazy Management
Good Exprience
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2014
They have nice co-worker, the management is good, and good atmosphere.
Manhattan Beer Distributors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYMarch 13, 2014
Manhattan Beer Distributors was a job I worked at for a year. I worked as a merchandiser which consisted of moving products, hanging marketing signs, rotating beer in coolers around various beer distributors around Long Island. I loved my manager. Down to earth guy and was extremely flexible but also stern and fair. When I left he was the one guy I genuinely would miss working for. That being said , the company itself was not. Driving around long island for what seemed like minimum wage was un fair. When asked for a raise I was told their were none for my position unless promoted to sales which I had no experience at the time. Another horrible thing that was actually just taken to court was un paid overtime. They lost a lawsuit to some other merchandisers who took the matter to court and anyone who worked in a time period got a settlement. The funny part of that was when you came back exactly at the time you were scheduled to work you were reprimanded. Overtime was expected with no extra compensation. Another issue was for me I worked under 4 salesman who had their respective store all over long island. I'd be assign to them sporadically through out the week. They had a contest for these salesman if they had these awesome displays in the sales stores they would get prizes. I would take time out to build these magnificent displays and these salesman would win like 500 to 1000 dollars. I hardly ever saw a cent and I would build the whole thing. I will never work for them again.
Pros
had an extremely awesome boss.
Cons
literally everything else.
Selling Beer is always good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyandanch, NYDecember 13, 2013
-Co Workers were the best part of the job
-8am-5pm
-Learned a lot about inventory, rotating, merchandising, and marketing
Pros
beer
Cons
your personal phone is your business phone, your always on call, work on all holidays, beer never sleeps
Administrative Assistant "Specialty Division" (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
Experience was wonderfull, work day was always an amazing day. Learn every day something new.
Pros
races, and time off
Cons
some racism bosses in order to hire or promote internal workers
A generally bad place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2013
To start, if you don't like warehouse conditions then I would avoid this place. When I took up the job as an inventory specialist my concern was whether I would have to work weekends. I was told that I wouldn't, only to find out that there was an inventory one Sunday a month. The management is poor. My actual inventory manager worked out of the main warehouse. I can say he knew what he was doing and he was smart. He was also unprofessional and wasn't always very pleasant to work with. Having your manager make fun of you in front of other employees for not owning a car to get to meetings isn't very professional. Nobody there worked together and the hours were really bad.
Pros
occasional free beer
Cons
bad physical work environment, very poor management, terrible hours
great place to built a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 8, 2013
is great to experience customers around the world and become good in the sales career.
Manhattan Beer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 1, 2013
I was full time and the job was overall a very easy job. The managers were very kind
Fun place to work for
Corporate Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYMay 13, 2013
I was given a great deal of latitude when I was the Cashiers Manager. Great perks as a manager and my hours were very flexible.