Manhattan College

Manhattan College Employer Reviews

Dull and boring workplace with no organization
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee), NJJune 27, 2014
I learned nothing as an intern, it was horrible. aibrygalrbgaklrhbga
asgrybdlrigbhd'gg
agdaubgad;igubciosrgbocnsdigaoisugbapsrgbaskfjna'sgnas'ogfngubairlgrgargahatrjrstjtj
Productive work place
Student Consultant/ Research and Learning Center (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYJanuary 8, 2014
I learned quickly on the job. There were times when I need to educate myself on certain software and hardware. Self-taught.
Watching students enjoy the food I prepare for them
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2013
Pros: having a bbq for all of the school faculty
Cons: working for a third party contractor
Over the years I have enjoyed cooking for the school as a whole. My Co-Workers and I interact and work as a cohesive group. The hardest part of the job is trying to feed everyone all at once,its not easy at times,but things get done.
The College is a first rate institution
Assistant Professor/Coordinator.. (Current Employee), Riverdale is a good location.October 16, 2013
I coordinate getting people into their B.S. Degree Completion Program, counseling them and then teaching them a myriad of courses.
Teaching, training and counseling are my passion. The hardest part of the job was to get adult students into the program. However, I have been accomplishing this monumental task.
Amazing atmosphere , like family
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2013
Small college with big heart. Amazing work opportunity. familiar faces everywhere you go. Fun loving community. Cant help but feel like its home.
Productive and flexible work environment
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYMay 22, 2013
Worked with other RA's to provide college residents with an optimal experience and support. Provided leadership and team building opportunities.
Work at my own pace as long as I met deadlines, improved my programming skills
Research Assistant to Dr. Lance Evans (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYMay 1, 2013
Pros: paid for my summer housing, let me work at my own pace
Cons: some problems getting residance life setting up my summer housing
Every Monday, and Friday I would meet with my Professor at 1:00pm to review my progress up to that point. After this meeting I would usually walk back to another Professors office to continue working. On Wednesday I would usually just go to the office to give him an update on how my work was progressing. On the other days of the week I was free to work – more... on my own towards that weeks goal.

Through this job I got familiar with the program Weka and working on deadlines. Also I got to be part of a research project which was very enjoyable. It also greatly increased my proficiency with python. – less
Great experience
Alumni Relations Officer (Former Employee), Riverdale, NYFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: comftorable location
Cons: job security
Good work experience.

Good team.

Worked with several diverse people.

Good training on the job, was able to perfect my work with computers and customers
Productive environment and a way to develop my professional and individual skills
Graduate Assistant to the Director of Assessment (Current Employee), Riverdale, NYDecember 10, 2012
Pros: half my tuition
Cons: nothing
A typical day at work consists of analyzing and computing data on SPSS. I use EXCEL and Microsoft Word to analyze data. I organize data for committe and staff meetings.
productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Bronx New, YorkJuly 27, 2012
Pros: worked at your own pace
Cons: short breaks
i would gather all my cleaning products i would need for the evening. i learned i learned to open minded. The managers were fair. My co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of the job was moping a huge cafeteria. The enjoyable part was seeing your finished work.

March 19, 2013

You must have worked for Sodexo

Good job
Cafeteria (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 24, 2012
Manhattan college was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Great pay for only working weekends.