Manhattan College Employee Reviews in United States

One of my favorite places to work
Play-By-Play Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYDecember 8, 2015
The athletic department at Manhattan College was one of my favorite places to be. The relationships you build with everyone, from walk-on's to the AD, makes you feel like you're a real part of the success of the school. Each team had its own pros/cons, but overall, I will always have nothing but pride for the school.
Great work environment with a diverse group of co-workers
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYOctober 3, 2015
It is a position that will help you grow as a person because you are performing research work with many different people you may or may not know at first, but become friends later on. The social networking is great. The amount of knowledge you can learn from being a graduate research assistant is limitless. There can be exceptionally long days.
racist organization
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  bronx nySeptember 2, 2015
Security management is a absolute joke..i feel.bad for those i left behind. ..female guards are made to feel like objects by upper management
Pros
Cons
overtime
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Hands down, my favorite job. In the end, it was just that. Room for advancement comes with who you're friendly with. It's easy to get along with colleagues and make life-long friends here. The president has made substantial changes--for the better.
Overnight Resource Management
Overnight Circulation Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYJuly 18, 2015
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
Maintains security by following procedures; opening and closing Library.
Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Assist students researching and checking out items
Pros
Unlimited educational resources
Cons
very quiet environment
sharing culture with students
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  BRONX, NYJuly 17, 2015
From teaching assistant, I learned to communicate with students, sharing culture and knowledge.The hardest part of this job is to organize the class well. The most enjoyable part of this job is that students are happy when they knows more knowledge. it is a fun job.
Pros
DISCOURT LUNCH
Cons
FEW WORKING HOURS
Loved working in the Office
Admissions Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Admissions OfficeJuly 8, 2015
Got to meet hundreds of perspective students and toured them around Manhattan's campus further interesting them in what we have to offer. Great staff and fun job.
Productive, Interesting place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMay 18, 2015
My typical day at work are great i have the change to meet new people and talk to them. I have learn so much at this job at i will definitely continue doing everything i learn in my daily basis. I love my co-workers they are truly the greatest and awesome people i know they help me and anybody else that needs help or has any concern about your job. I really dont see any hard part at my job i just enjoy every part of it.
Pros
free lunches, free uniforms
Quick and easy work study position
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYApril 9, 2015
Quick and easy work study position. Great boss at the Center for Academic Success. There's flexibility and nice students.
Small Division I College
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMarch 25, 2015
Opportunity to work with athletes on a more personal level due to the size of the school and athletics program. Opportunity to work as a graduate assistant and pursue masters degree. Staff was nice for the most part.
Pros
Free Housing and education with stipend
Cool and relaxed atmosphere with friendly co-workers
Academic Affairs Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2015
A typical day at work involved waking up early and getting there on time, and sitting down in front of a computer monitor and inputting various facts and figures about the students of Manhattan College, such as grades, credits, financial aid, etc. While it may seem tedious, the work was eased thanks to the lovely co-workers whom I had the pleasure of getting to know and work with; they truly made the job more fun and enjoyable. It is also worth mentioning that one could take an hour long break at anytime, though usually it was for lunch at about twelve or one o'clock in the afternoon. After a couple of more hours of number-crunching it was time to pack up and go home. What the biggest things I learned while working there were: a) time management and b) a positive work ethic.
Pros
invitations to free lunches, could take break at anytime, lively crew
Cons
lateness was not tolerated
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYFebruary 28, 2015
work on Mondays, I learned how to communicate with students and makes class fun to students. The most enjoyable part for this job is that I am able to share the Chinese culture to America students.
Pros
discount meal
Cons
no healthy care
Part time job at my alma mater
Advanced Chemistry Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYSeptember 24, 2014
This was a great job to supplement my grad schoolwork. My manager was one of my teachers and was very supportive when I was job searching outside of the school.
Full of new experiences
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 10, 2014
As the Assistant Director of the Advanced Placement at Manhattan College I interact with many teachers in a daily basis, provide the with the information relevant to the workshop they are interested in. I send many emails and make many phone calls to schools, districts and High School Principals.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
heavy work load
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2014
job is alright but to much over time. They say you can attend school for free but that's only when you don't have to be stuck at work for almost 24 hrs because people decide to call out everyday.
Pros
free schooling
Cons
overtime
Dull and boring workplace with no organization
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  NJJune 27, 2014
I learned nothing as an intern, it was horrible. aibrygalrbgaklrhbga
asgrybdlrigbhd'gg
agdaubgad;igubciosrgbocnsdigaoisugbapsrgbaskfjna'sgnas'ogfngubairlgrgargahatrjrstjtj
Productive work place
Student Consultant/ Research and Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYJanuary 8, 2014
I learned quickly on the job. There were times when I need to educate myself on certain software and hardware. Self-taught.
Watching students enjoy the food I prepare for them
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2013
Over the years I have enjoyed cooking for the school as a whole. My Co-Workers and I interact and work as a cohesive group. The hardest part of the job is trying to feed everyone all at once,its not easy at times,but things get done.
Pros
having a bbq for all of the school faculty
Cons
working for a third party contractor
The College is a first rate institution
Assistant Professor/Coordinator.. (Current Employee) –  Riverdale is a good location.October 16, 2013
I coordinate getting people into their B.S. Degree Completion Program, counseling them and then teaching them a myriad of courses.
Teaching, training and counseling are my passion. The hardest part of the job was to get adult students into the program. However, I have been accomplishing this monumental task.
Amazing atmosphere , like family
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2013
Small college with big heart. Amazing work opportunity. familiar faces everywhere you go. Fun loving community. Cant help but feel like its home.