Manhattan College Employee Reviews

Being an assistant is awesome.
Assistant to the History Department (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYDecember 14, 2016
A typical day was always easy and relaxed. The tasks you do as an assistant aren't ever very hard. If you at least have a beginner level knowledge of filing and computers the job will be smooth sailings, You will like the people you work with and you get a relaxed work environment.
The Hardest Part of the job
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYDecember 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job it you have to balance the research work with your school work load. Sometime you will be running a experiment for 4 hours and you will have a 3 hour class after that/
Productive and engaging research experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYNovember 15, 2016
Allowed me to enhance my previous skills in programming while simultaneously broadening my skill base. Engaging research experience which led to three publications in various academic journals
Great place to work but needs improvement in being a private college.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 2, 2016
I work at Manhattan College in the Public Safety Department and enjpyed what I do but would like an opportunity to grow and Manhattan College isn't the place for me to do so. Overall, it's a great and friendly atmosphere but its open to the public which needs to improve on making it private with strict rules.
Pros
After a few years I can go to the school free.
Cons
Long walks to get around especially climbing up/down stairs.
Very political and a circus joke of a management
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Being a catholic oriented institution causes it to sponge out the idea of being traditional and one sided. Favoritism is heavily induced within the Public Safety Department and you are not well appreciated. The pay isn't enough for the games that are played at the job place. Union is a joke and half of the co-workers there are too low ambitious to do anything about it. Medical is good. M1 and M3 head officials are highly irrational and stern to not seek out the welfare of their fellow public safety officers.
Pros
Hour long lunches and medical
Cons
Favoritism, Mandatory Overtime, Terrible management and rude staff
Great place to meet new friends
Supplemental Instructor/ Tutor - Business Math (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 6, 2016
The tutoring center was a place for students with different majors could meet and become not only co-workers but also friends that they might not have made otherwise. The workplace is very relaxed but studious. A typical day included either showing up for an appointment someone had with you for a specific course, or showing up for your shift for the potential walk in students that need help.
Pros
Great People, convenient
Cons
Small work space
Varied Levels of Understanding
Client Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Client ServicesJuly 12, 2016
Throughout Manhattan College's infrastructure are a myriad of individuals who have varied skill sets. Typically those responsible for maintaining the hardware and software of the machine will lack the understanding or know how to complete the work done by other departments, such as Operations, who primarily handle the day to day functions or operations of devices that computers attach to for use. At the end of the day everyone did their best to spread information when it was necessary, but it was clear some of the higher-up staff sat around and waited for some of the Helpdesk Team to clean up as much of the "mess" as possible.
Pros
Free Hardware when old devices break
Cons
The majority of the individuals that you interact with
Nice school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2016
Good teachers
Productive atmosphere
Typical day : combined my courses and classes with my research project
Students at Manhattan College are very friendly and open-minded. As a international student, I haven't have any difficulties to be integrated.
One of my favorite places to work
Play-By-Play Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYDecember 8, 2015
The athletic department at Manhattan College was one of my favorite places to be. The relationships you build with everyone, from walk-on's to the AD, makes you feel like you're a real part of the success of the school. Each team had its own pros/cons, but overall, I will always have nothing but pride for the school.
Great work environment with a diverse group of co-workers
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYOctober 3, 2015
It is a position that will help you grow as a person because you are performing research work with many different people you may or may not know at first, but become friends later on. The social networking is great. The amount of knowledge you can learn from being a graduate research assistant is limitless. There can be exceptionally long days.

Want to know more about Manhattan College?

Ask a question
racist organization
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  bronx nySeptember 2, 2015
Security management is a absolute joke..i feel.bad for those i left behind. ..female guards are made to feel like objects by upper management
Pros
Cons
overtime
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Hands down, my favorite job. In the end, it was just that. Room for advancement comes with who you're friendly with. It's easy to get along with colleagues and make life-long friends here. The president has made substantial changes--for the better.
Overnight Resource Management
Overnight Circulation Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYJuly 18, 2015
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
Maintains security by following procedures; opening and closing Library.
Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Assist students researching and checking out items
Pros
Unlimited educational resources
Cons
very quiet environment
sharing culture with students
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  BRONX, NYJuly 17, 2015
From teaching assistant, I learned to communicate with students, sharing culture and knowledge.The hardest part of this job is to organize the class well. The most enjoyable part of this job is that students are happy when they knows more knowledge. it is a fun job.
Pros
DISCOURT LUNCH
Cons
FEW WORKING HOURS
Loved working in the Office
Admissions Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Admissions OfficeJuly 8, 2015
Got to meet hundreds of perspective students and toured them around Manhattan's campus further interesting them in what we have to offer. Great staff and fun job.
Productive, Interesting place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMay 18, 2015
My typical day at work are great i have the change to meet new people and talk to them. I have learn so much at this job at i will definitely continue doing everything i learn in my daily basis. I love my co-workers they are truly the greatest and awesome people i know they help me and anybody else that needs help or has any concern about your job. I really dont see any hard part at my job i just enjoy every part of it.
Pros
free lunches, free uniforms
Quick and easy work study position
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYApril 9, 2015
Quick and easy work study position. Great boss at the Center for Academic Success. There's flexibility and nice students.
Small Division I College
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMarch 25, 2015
Opportunity to work with athletes on a more personal level due to the size of the school and athletics program. Opportunity to work as a graduate assistant and pursue masters degree. Staff was nice for the most part.
Pros
Free Housing and education with stipend
Cool and relaxed atmosphere with friendly co-workers
Academic Affairs Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2015
A typical day at work involved waking up early and getting there on time, and sitting down in front of a computer monitor and inputting various facts and figures about the students of Manhattan College, such as grades, credits, financial aid, etc. While it may seem tedious, the work was eased thanks to the lovely co-workers whom I had the pleasure of getting to know and work with; they truly made the job more fun and enjoyable. It is also worth mentioning that one could take an hour long break at anytime, though usually it was for lunch at about twelve or one o'clock in the afternoon. After a couple of more hours of number-crunching it was time to pack up and go home. What the biggest things I learned while working there were: a) time management and b) a positive work ethic.
Pros
Invitations to free lunches, could take break at anytime, lively crew
Cons
lateness was not tolerated
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYFebruary 28, 2015
work on Mondays, I learned how to communicate with students and makes class fun to students. The most enjoyable part for this job is that I am able to share the Chinese culture to America students.
Pros
discount meal
Cons
no healthy care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manhattan College. Our community is ready to answer.

Manhattan College Reviews by Location