Manhattan College Employee Reviews

Very collaborative, nurturing environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYJanuary 10, 2018
The College was a wonderful place to work. People were supportive, and there was a sense of shared purpose that came from the College's mission as a Catholic institution of higher education.
Pros
Atmosphere, beauty of location, people
Cons
no significant cons.
Engineering Program during High School
Group member/Student (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 21, 2017
Worked with 50 other students about once every two weeks for a program called ACE (Architecture, Civil, Electrical) Mentorship Program. Professional engineers mentored, and helped us students brainstorm ideas for an airport. The mentors were very nice and professional, and very informative too. The hardest part of the program was coming up with ideas that everyone could agree on. The best part was learning new engineering concepts such as ethics, LEED, and leadership
Less established athletic department, at the time!
Head Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYNovember 30, 2017
I came and went as a I pleased. The athletic director trusted me to build the lacrosse program and guide the players. I had the freedom to make program decisions without consulting the athletic director.
Print Shop (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYNovember 26, 2017
Very easy-going and overall a great job to have on campus! The manager for my position is great and very kind with scheduling. If for some reason I cannot make a shift she is very accommodating!
Teaching Electrical and computer science
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Electrical and computer science deptSeptember 12, 2017
Its good experience but I am working part time and want to move to university or industry that is more advanced . More opportunities for professional growth .
Pros
Honorable and delivering knowledge is satisfactory
Cons
Professional growth not possible
Real Life Application
Economics / Finance Business Management Student (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYJune 28, 2017
Throughout my tenure at Manhattan College they taught me how to properly apply all of the topics I've learned. All lessons were relevant and the teaching staff is second to none.
Place to learn
Fireman (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2017
Very busy, hands on training. Big campus many buildings many positions free tuition for family and yourself. Library available. Uniforms and tools. Great learning
Pros
Off 3 days a week in the summer
Cons
Far from my home
Great productive workplace, great mentors
Regional admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 22, 2017
Great work experience, opportunity to meet and network with people around the world. Also, get to work with young adults and help them with their future. It is a very fulfilling job.
Friendly Environment
Office Assistant - Orientation Office (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYApril 30, 2017
This job help me obtain some office skills and organizational skills that have helped me not only in the office but also with my school work. Overall it is a beneficial job.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Low pay.
Sports events are entertaining to work
Athletics Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYApril 28, 2017
Manhattan College is a small school, which means working the sports events involves interacting with many of your classmates. When you work the sports events you are allowed to enjoy the environment, while working.

Want to know more about Manhattan College?

Ask a question
Working at Manhattan College
Alumni Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2017
Working at Manhattan College is great. Depending on the office you work in, it is enjoyable to come in everyday and see your coworkers and tackle the day ahead. Some offices are boring, cut and dry- and others are vibrant and full of conversation. Overall, depending on the office, MC is a great place to work.
Truly a wonderful place
Language Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 14, 2017
Manhattan College was a great place for me and I encourage anyone thinking of working in a college setting to consider this institution. You will not regret the staff or your time.
A stimulating and supportive atmosphere
Graduate Assistant to the Dean of Students (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2017
Manhattan College has provided a stimulating and supportive work environment in which I was able to learn effective team management techniques in both theory and practice. The work environment was exceptional in that it allowed degrees of flexibility to accommodate my studies so long as I met all of my obligations to the office.
Pros
very positive company culture, Very supportive team of employees and coworkers.
Cons
Occasional difficulties with hardware necessary to perform duties.
Graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
I worked there as a graduate student. I received a scholarship to work for center for urban resilience and sustainability center at Manhattan college.
Fun college atmosphere
Secretary to Director of Graduate Programs (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMarch 29, 2017
Best job I ever had. Fun and student oriented. Learning atmosphere for everyone and staff were encouraged to participate in student events. Working school calendar was great with small children.
Pros
Ability to audit classes
Cons
In 1993 pay scale was low.
Zero job security
Head Women's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYMarch 28, 2017
Expect people to work for nothing. Management does not direct its employees in a professional and encouraging way. Expectations exceed pay levels. People in charge do not direct employees well. They do not appreciate the work that is completed.
Professional
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMarch 3, 2017
This is a very professional education work enviornment that fosters the best amount of knolelldd. The workplace is very nice and claen. i learne what it has
Being an assistant is awesome.
Assistant to the History Department (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYDecember 14, 2016
A typical day was always easy and relaxed. The tasks you do as an assistant aren't ever very hard. If you at least have a beginner level knowledge of filing and computers the job will be smooth sailings, You will like the people you work with and you get a relaxed work environment.
The Hardest Part of the job
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NYDecember 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job it you have to balance the research work with your school work load. Sometime you will be running a experiment for 4 hours and you will have a 3 hour class after that/
Productive and engaging research experience
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NYNovember 15, 2016
Allowed me to enhance my previous skills in programming while simultaneously broadening my skill base. Engaging research experience which led to three publications in various academic journals