Manhattanville College Employee Reviews

Fitness Monitor
Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 16, 2015
Great job and place to work. Not stressful or over-bearing, and allows for interaction between students, faculty, and staff.
Great program
Mentor for the Jump Start Program (Current Employee) –  Schools in the Bx and NYCMay 3, 2015
The Jump Start Program enrollment is declining and my work hours are declining. The teachers I work with are great, but I need more consistency in my salary.
Pros
Respect my expertise
Cons
No steady hours
Productive and a great learning experience
First Year Mentor (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 21, 2015
Once a week I would meet with and Mentor college freshman in order to integrate them into the College life style. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with and we were all set on helping those around us. The hardest part about being a Mentor would most likely be getting the Mentees excite about the Mentor Program. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be getting to know my assigned students.
Productive,Respectful Work place
Tele-counselor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 18, 2015
-filing paper
talking to students about the school
helping out new employess
Hardest part was doing open house
most enjoyale part was being with good employess and talking to students about the school
College Norms and Noisy Dorms
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 8, 2015
The atmosphere is amazing and people tend to be great but working for room and board seems to pan out to less than minimum wage. The duties are excessive for the pay.
good experience
Studio Art Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 24, 2015
This is the first place I work with. Although it is a on campus job, still teach me a lot. I learnt how to coorpriate with others, and how to manage my time .
Nice place to work
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Good place to work for. Staff is friendly and helpful. Students are nice and enjoy learning. Bad work compensation or job security.
Manhattanville college
Office Assistant, Athletics Department (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 27, 2015
I worked as an assistant to the athletic director at school. He assigned me different daily tasks to complete for each day.
Excellent Employer
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYDecember 16, 2014
A typical day at MVP Camp was playing and coaching with children.
Pros
outside during the summer all day
Cons
outside during the summer all day
Good first working experience
Video Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 27, 2014
It was good to work at Manhattanville College, I was able to perform tasks related to my career interests such as Marketing and Communications Studies.
Great atmosphere but poor management and compensation
Director of Golf (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 11, 2014
Great experience, however the management was poorly structured and not very transparent. In addition, compensation was not proportionate to the amount of work that was put into it.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
compensation
Producitve
Campus News Reporter and Columnist, Pub Wrap (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Great Environment
I learned macro management
Great co-workers
Great Benefits
Micro management was difficult
Graduate Level Intern/Teacher’s Assistant
Graduate Level Intern/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 16, 2014
● Taught undergraduate level three dimensional design, sculpture, painting, and photography
● Aided and instructed students with projects, and provide constructive feedback on works
● Assist undergraduate students in photography lab
● In charge of ordering supplies and maintaining photo lab
● Ran critiques to aide professors in the grading process
Receptionist and Customer Service
Customer Service and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 5, 2014
My hours were from 9:00 AM to 5 PM. I worked in the Registrar's office. I provided all administrative duties handling questions of billing, tuition, refunds, add and drop courses classes, cancelations, certifications, medical verifications. My coworkers we all team players. The hardest part of my job the foreign students the different languages.

I rate my position a 10.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
A fun place to work and learn in Higher Ed
Network Operation Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 4, 2014
Manhattanville College is a small yet diverse and multicultural college located in Purchase NY. The community host many events that joins staff, faculty, students, and alumni together.
The most memorable experience are the rare cases of computer problems that needs troubleshooting. This allows the mind to revisit the basics and logical methods that are not normally accessed during normal day-to-day tasks.
I have learn to hone in and be more proficient in solving issues more efficiently.
Excellent College
Dance Teacher (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 4, 2014
• Instructed and mentored college students in the Fundamentals of Psychology course.
• Conducted review sessions, taught effective studying strategies, created review sheets.
A Good Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Research and organize topics for future papers and book publication
Assist in planning social departmental gathering and lectures
Perform general office work some which includes photocopying, filing, and assisting with correspondence
Work hand in head with the head of the philosophy department .
this is a fun, healthy team organized environment
Student Accounts Rep (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 10, 2013
my job mostly conssit of assisting the students with their bills and setting up payments. i like to believe i'm more than the lady who collects payments. i have built a relationship with most of the students and they also come by to ask me college questions, life questions and general everyday questions. i enjoy the one on one with the students.

i'm also fortunate enought to work with pretty friendly and helpful people.
Pros
free education
Cons
commute to work is full of traffic
Productive and fun working environment
Student Fitness Center Monitor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 21, 2013
It was a typical work enviroment but pleasureable becasue I got to know different students and employees on my campus. It taught me managerial and communication skills. Sometime co-workers could be frustrating to work with because they wouldn't show up on time for their shifts but it taught me patience and to communicate with the people about schedule changes and other incidents that came up. There was no really hard part to the job, it was a simple fun way to meet more people and gain responsibility with balancing school and basketball as well.
Pros
meeting more people
Cons
n/a
Wonderful place to work
Supplemental Instructor, Roman Art (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 7, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed both positions I held while at Manhattanville college.
As an art history office assistant, I came in during my scheduled hours and performed any tasks needed, which included filing students applications for honors, sorting students tests, organizing areas of the office, and scanning books into the digital system for future student use. I also organized bibliographies as needed for the professors current works-in-progress or research projects.
As a supplemental instructor I attended classes regularly (for a course I already successfully completed in the past), taking note of students skills and struggles, prepared for and held weekly meetings to review the material covered in class with students as well as help them prepare and study for exams.
Pros
flexible hours, rewarding, enjoyable
Cons
wasn't full time, would have done it forever if it was!

4.3