Manhattanville College Employee Reviews

Manhattanville's Women's Basketball Manager
Team Manager- Women's Basketball Team (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 6, 2016
This internship has allowed for me to increase my knowledge in the field of sports with: team building and culture, marketing, management, and higher IQ in sports.
Great Way to Make Money on Campus
Scene Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYFebruary 2, 2017
This was a great way to make money on campus. The theater is close to the dorms and the hours are flexible pertaining to your personal class schedule.
Good place
Adjunct Professor for Theater (Former Employee) –  New York, USANovember 30, 2016
A great place just outside of the hussle and bussle of metropolitan New York, it is a thriving place. Its location workd well for its theatre and dance programmes.
Fun job
Adjunct French Professor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 1, 2017
Great to interact with college age French learners.
I enjoyed being on a college campus.
The cafeteria was wonderful.

It is a great place to work.
5 Stars!
Campus Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  2900 Purchase Street, Purchase NYSeptember 23, 2016
This is possibly the best job I have ever had. The staff is welcoming, the pay is fair, the job has variety and the campus life is vibrant as could be.
Pros
Great people
Cons
None that come to mind
Great atmosphere but poor management and compensation
Director of Golf (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 11, 2014
Great experience, however the management was poorly structured and not very transparent. In addition, compensation was not proportionate to the amount of work that was put into it.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
A fun college job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working as a resident assistance. I created monthly social and academic programs to enable student engagement and to meet the needs of a diversified campus. Additionally, I supported students with their personal, social, and academic development by facilitating community building activities and providing tutoring services when necessary.
Pros
Made great friends
Cons
The pay was horrible
Nice place to work
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Good place to work for. Staff is friendly and helpful. Students are nice and enjoy learning. Bad work compensation or job security.
Producitve
Campus News Reporter and Columnist, Pub Wrap (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Great Environment
I learned macro management
Great co-workers
Great Benefits
Micro management was difficult
Wonderful place to work
Supplemental Instructor, Roman Art (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 7, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed both positions I held while at Manhattanville college.
As an art history office assistant, I came in during my scheduled hours and performed any tasks needed, which included filing students applications for honors, sorting students tests, organizing areas of the office, and scanning books into the digital system for future student use. I also organized bibliographies as needed for the professors current works-in-progress or research projects.
As a supplemental instructor I attended classes regularly (for a course I already successfully completed in the past), taking note of students skills and struggles, prepared for and held weekly meetings to review the material covered in class with students as well as help them prepare and study for exams.
Pros
Flexible hours, rewarding, enjoyable
Cons
Wasn't full time, would have done it forever if it was!
Great program
Mentor for the Jump Start Program (Current Employee) –  Schools in the Bx and NYCMay 3, 2015
The Jump Start Program enrollment is declining and my work hours are declining. The teachers I work with are great, but I need more consistency in my salary.
Pros
Respect my expertise
Cons
No steady hours
Management has changed since i left so cant review
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 21, 2013
Management has changed since i left so cant review. The entire administration at the college has changed since i was there, so i cant in good conscience say anything about it.
Productive and fun working environment
Student Fitness Center Monitor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 21, 2013
It was a typical work enviroment but pleasureable becasue I got to know different students and employees on my campus. It taught me managerial and communication skills. Sometime co-workers could be frustrating to work with because they wouldn't show up on time for their shifts but it taught me patience and to communicate with the people about schedule changes and other incidents that came up. There was no really hard part to the job, it was a simple fun way to meet more people and gain responsibility with balancing school and basketball as well.
Pros
Meeting more people
Cons
N/A
Manhattanville is a beautiful place to work
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 7, 2012
The campus and culture at Manhattanville is unmatched by any surrounding schools. I really loved working there and attending school there for two years.
Good first working experience
Video Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 27, 2014
It was good to work at Manhattanville College, I was able to perform tasks related to my career interests such as Marketing and Communications Studies.
A fun place to work and learn in Higher Ed
Network Operation Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 4, 2014
Manhattanville College is a small yet diverse and multicultural college located in Purchase NY. The community host many events that joins staff, faculty, students, and alumni together.
The most memorable experience are the rare cases of computer problems that needs troubleshooting. This allows the mind to revisit the basics and logical methods that are not normally accessed during normal day-to-day tasks.
I have learn to hone in and be more proficient in solving issues more efficiently.
Beautiful Campus, great Faculty
Media Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 19, 2012
Current Leadership In disarray. No Current resident President.
The school is undergoing transformations and staffing. Due to the lack of endowments the college had to reduce the size of it staff and faculty. Their current enrollment is down and they are unable to keep students due to the lack of amenities and modern facilities for the amount of tuition that is charged.
Pros
great campus location
Cons
lack of modern facilities
this is a fun, healthy team organized environment
Student Accounts Rep (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 10, 2013
my job mostly conssit of assisting the students with their bills and setting up payments. i like to believe i'm more than the lady who collects payments. i have built a relationship with most of the students and they also come by to ask me college questions, life questions and general everyday questions. i enjoy the one on one with the students.

i'm also fortunate enought to work with pretty friendly and helpful people.
Pros
free education
Cons
commute to work is full of traffic
Productive and a great learning experience
First Year Mentor (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 21, 2015
Once a week I would meet with and Mentor college freshman in order to integrate them into the College life style. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with and we were all set on helping those around us. The hardest part about being a Mentor would most likely be getting the Mentees excite about the Mentor Program. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be getting to know my assigned students.
Receptionist and Customer Service
Customer Service and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 5, 2014
My hours were from 9:00 AM to 5 PM. I worked in the Registrar's office. I provided all administrative duties handling questions of billing, tuition, refunds, add and drop courses classes, cancelations, certifications, medical verifications. My coworkers we all team players. The hardest part of my job the foreign students the different languages.

I rate my position a 10.
Pros
no pros
Cons
No Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manhattanville College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3