Manhattanville College Employee Reviews

productive and continuing education
System Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 24, 2017
It was very nice place to work. The best thing was an option to continue your studies there. The management was very understanding. The campus was very nice.
Pros
good cafteria
Cons
late shifts
Friendly and learning atmosphere
Athletic Trainer Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Working at Manhattanville College as an athletic trainer assistant, I learned a lot about the field. The head athletic trainer there was very enthusiastic about educating his employees. He guided us towards every skill we had to know and made sure we knew it before he let us do anything hands on with any athlete. The most enjoyable part of this job was the atmosphere, being able to build relationships with the people who worked and got treated in the athletic training facility.
It is what you make it
Student (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Manhattanville is a great college depending on what you want to take away from it. There are great people and a supportive culture. I loved every year of my experience!
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of resources at times
n/a
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYAugust 11, 2017
n/a n/a n/a There is a poor campus culture from the student's perspectives all the way up to the faculty and staff in the "castle". There are also high turn over rates at this college.
Reslife Rules
SI/PT (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 18, 2017
I love working in reslife. The RD's and central office staff are awesome. No matter what they have your back and will always be their to support you. The familial bond is the best part about working with reslife
Better communication between offices and caring workers needed
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 14, 2017
Great environment, beautiful campus, and some amazing people. Overall, it was a good place to work, but there are major downsides. Sometimes, I wondered what some of the employees and offices do at all. It was difficult to coordinate with other offices, retrieve information from them.
fun place
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 30, 2017
The supervisors were fun and easy to get along with. If you did your work, you were on their good side and they did not have an issue with certain requests you may have.
great learning experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 25, 2017
this was a great experience to expose me to different office tasks. staff is helpful and extremely nice. students are a pleasure to work with. location is beautiful
A Great School to Effect College Culture
Writing Fellow (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 13, 2017
This is a great place to work if you want to work at a small school and have an effect on the overall college's culture. The students have a lot of potential, and they need a positive instructor to help them realize the importance of their education.
cool environment but busy
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NY 10577April 26, 2017
Loved the people I work with, but very stressful and fast paced sometimes. Working in a stressful environment with some intense clients always leaves for an interesting outcome.
This school is all talk
Set Scene Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 13, 2017
Working here if fine. I wouldn't take it too seriously tho. The career development center doesn't care about helping their students find a job nor do they stick to their scheduled appointments. They don't handle disputes well either. They also don't seem to respect women and let the offender get away with everything, but thats another story. My advice, DON'T come here.
Productive and fun workplace
Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
I enjoyed working there for various reasons. First, there was a team effort with everything we did. Secondly, we found a balance with productiveness and having fun!
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short breaks
Team Game Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 12, 2017
Professional management team, beautiful clean work environment. Flexible with work availability and fairly compensated for the work requirements. Recommend as place of employment.
Pros
work enviroment
Fun job
Adjunct French Professor (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 1, 2017
Great to interact with college age French learners.
I enjoyed being on a college campus.
The cafeteria was wonderful.

It is a great place to work.
Great Way to Make Money on Campus
Scene Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYFebruary 2, 2017
This was a great way to make money on campus. The theater is close to the dorms and the hours are flexible pertaining to your personal class schedule.
Librarian
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYDecember 22, 2016
I would describe a day at my job as Mundane. I love the environment and the way my coworkers treat me. I check books out and I'm able to do my homework. So for that reason I consider my job and easy and manageable job. I hope to get a summer internship in New York City or near White Plains New York to expand my abilities.
Good place
Adjunct Professor for Theater (Former Employee) –  New York, USANovember 30, 2016
A great place just outside of the hussle and bussle of metropolitan New York, it is a thriving place. Its location workd well for its theatre and dance programmes.
5 Stars!
Campus Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  2900 Purchase Street, Purchase NYSeptember 23, 2016
This is possibly the best job I have ever had. The staff is welcoming, the pay is fair, the job has variety and the campus life is vibrant as could be.
Pros
Great people
Cons
None that come to mind
Manhattanville's Women's Basketball Manager
Team Manager- Women's Basketball Team (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 6, 2016
This internship has allowed for me to increase my knowledge in the field of sports with: team building and culture, marketing, management, and higher IQ in sports.
A fun college job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working as a resident assistance. I created monthly social and academic programs to enable student engagement and to meet the needs of a diversified campus. Additionally, I supported students with their personal, social, and academic development by facilitating community building activities and providing tutoring services when necessary.
Pros
Made great friends
Cons
The pay was horrible