Manhattanville College

Manhattanville College Employer Reviews

Graduate Level Intern/Teacher’s Assistant
Graduate Level Intern/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Purchase, NYSeptember 16, 2014
● Taught undergraduate level three dimensional design, sculpture, painting, and photography
● Aided and instructed students with projects, and provide constructive feedback on works
● Assist undergraduate students in photography lab
● In charge of ordering supplies and maintaining photo lab
● Ran critiques to aide professors in the grading process
Receptionist and Customer Service
Customer Service and Receptionist (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJune 5, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no cons
My hours were from 9:00 AM to 5 PM. I worked in the Registrar's office. I provided all administrative duties handling questions of billing, tuition, refunds, add and drop courses classes, cancelations, certifications, medical verifications. My coworkers we all team players. The hardest part of my job the foreign students the different languages.

I – more... rate my position a 10. – less
A fun place to work and learn in Higher Ed
Network Operation Analyst, Information Technology (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJune 4, 2014
Manhattanville College is a small yet diverse and multicultural college located in Purchase NY. The community host many events that joins staff, faculty, students, and alumni together.
The most memorable experience are the rare cases of computer problems that needs troubleshooting. This allows the mind to revisit the basics and logical methods that – more... are not normally accessed during normal day-to-day tasks.
I have learn to hone in and be more proficient in solving issues more efficiently. – less
Excellent College
Dance Teacher (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMarch 4, 2014
• Instructed and mentored college students in the Fundamentals of Psychology course.
• Conducted review sessions, taught effective studying strategies, created review sheets.
A Good Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Research and organize topics for future papers and book publication
Assist in planning social departmental gathering and lectures
Perform general office work some which includes photocopying, filing, and assisting with correspondence
Work hand in head with the head of the philosophy department .
this is a fun, healthy team organized environment
Student Accounts Rep (Current Employee), Purchase, NYOctober 10, 2013
Pros: free education
Cons: commute to work is full of traffic
my job mostly conssit of assisting the students with their bills and setting up payments. i like to believe i'm more than the lady who collects payments. i have built a relationship with most of the students and they also come by to ask me college questions, life questions and general everyday questions. i enjoy the one on one with the students.

i'm – more... also fortunate enought to work with pretty friendly and helpful people. – less
Productive and fun working environment
Student Fitness Center Monitor (Former Employee), Purchase, NYAugust 21, 2013
Pros: meeting more people
Cons: n/a
It was a typical work enviroment but pleasureable becasue I got to know different students and employees on my campus. It taught me managerial and communication skills. Sometime co-workers could be frustrating to work with because they wouldn't show up on time for their shifts but it taught me patience and to communicate with the people about schedule – more... changes and other incidents that came up. There was no really hard part to the job, it was a simple fun way to meet more people and gain responsibility with balancing school and basketball as well. – less
Wonderful place to work
Supplemental Instructor, Roman Art (Former Employee), Purchase, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, rewarding, enjoyable
Cons: wasn't full time, would have done it forever if it was!
I thoroughly enjoyed both positions I held while at Manhattanville college.
As an art history office assistant, I came in during my scheduled hours and performed any tasks needed, which included filing students applications for honors, sorting students tests, organizing areas of the office, and scanning books into the digital system for future student – more... use. I also organized bibliographies as needed for the professors current works-in-progress or research projects.
As a supplemental instructor I attended classes regularly (for a course I already successfully completed in the past), taking note of students skills and struggles, prepared for and held weekly meetings to review the material covered in class with students as well as help them prepare and study for exams. – less
Good work environment and helpful staff
Admissions Department Intern (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMay 29, 2013
There is always a lot of work going on, however team work always comes into play which makes the job fun and easy.
Productive and fun
Office Assistant, Center for Career Development (Former Employee), Purchase, NYApril 1, 2013
Really great place to work. Great bosses and co-workers. Learned a great deal on dealing with students and assisting them in any way that i can.
Management has changed since i left so cant review
Web Content Manager (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJanuary 21, 2013
Management has changed since i left so cant review. The entire administration at the college has changed since i was there, so i cant in good conscience say anything about it.
Beautiful Campus, great Faculty
Media Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Purchase, NYAugust 19, 2012
Pros: great campus location
Cons: lack of modern facilities
Current Leadership In disarray. No Current resident President.
The school is undergoing transformations and staffing. Due to the lack of endowments the college had to reduce the size of it staff and faculty. Their current enrollment is down and they are unable to keep students due to the lack of amenities and modern facilities for the amount of tuition – more... that is charged. – less
Great work/study program.
Game Assistant/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJuly 10, 2012
Helped me pay for school through work study program. Worked well around my class hours.
Students are wonderful
Assistant Professor, Adjunct (Current Employee), Purchase, NYApril 29, 2012
Pros: students
Cons: cannot add much more time
Every term is a new challenge and students report that they learn a great deal.
Manhattanville is a beautiful place to work
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Purchase, NYApril 7, 2012
The campus and culture at Manhattanville is unmatched by any surrounding schools. I really loved working there and attending school there for two years.

About Manhattanville College

Manhattanville College is a private liberal arts institution offering undergraduate and masters degree programs in more than 40 – Read more