Manheim Auto Auctions Employee Reviews

Culture is changing for the worse
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
While Manheim does not pay the market rate, they do offer a lot of benefits and a great work life balance. At least until recently. They went through major layoffs and a management change and life at Manheim has been awful since. The culture now is no longer focused on work life balance. They want more and more hours, no extra pay, and they are cutting back on benefits. Stay away from this company for now.
Automtive Reconditioner (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAOctober 8, 2017
Great place to work, Hours are good, benefits priced very low, management is understanding. Stress level low compared to other jobs. In a field where work can be limited, this place is busy all year round.
Good workplace
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for Manheim, but I moved to Tulsa, OK to be closer to my aging Mother. I would have stayed there if I did not move. It was hard to tell people that sometimes they had to drive their end of lease vehicle 2 states over and that they had to pay for any damage to the vehicle or overmileage on the spot.
Pros
Good healthcare and managers
Cons
short breaks
SALES (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
Given over 2000 accounts in my book of business. Was required to make at least 25 live calls a day and motivate dealers to use our services and platform.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Micro Management.
A typical day at work
Driver forklift (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
A typical Day at work is fun but sometimes stressful. one min you may have to be in on place doing something but someone else may need you in a whole different part of the lot !
productive and fun place
QA -ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 3, 2017
Great work culture.management is good, can advance your career.
they trained people,without discrimination to contractor. Co- worker are really helpful.
hostile work enviornment
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 2, 2017
I would not recommend working at this establishment. I experienced a hostile work environment more times than not as well as poor management and unreal expectations. Lastly unfair compensation.
Fun and productive
Lot operator (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 1, 2017
If you're into cars, this might be the place for you. You get a chance to drive some exciting vehicles. From Mustangs and Camaros to RR and Aston Martins. The exotic cars weren't always available for you to drive, but there were lots of other nice cars, from classics to fixed up and fast.
fast paced, always something to be done
Commercial Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCSeptember 30, 2017
Very fasted paced, always something to be done. As soon as you get it done, it is time to start on the next sale. There are plenty of different departments, so you can move around.
Pros
GREAT Benefits
Clerical
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
I really loved working with Manheim. Even though i work in the office side of the company ever once and awhile i would go out and look at the cars. This job was a very fast pace job .It require a lot of paperwork.But i loved it
Great environment,
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZSeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work! Corporate but it doesn't feel like a typical corporate work environment. Management promotes from within and encourages advancement.
Pros
Benefits a great, awesome retirement plan
Cons
Bonus plan for employees not the best
Easy going
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94544September 27, 2017
Typical day at work, easy going all you do is locate and park cars in correct lane and spot number. Some different tasks here and there taking them for requested services. Learned a lot about auctions and cars, old and newer cars. Management good depending what department you work for but overall good but lacks in getting the equipment we request that'll help us get the job done easily. Workplace has their good and bad people just depends who you talk to. Hardest part of the job is the day of the auction which is Wednesday's and just getting last minute requests about a car they added in the sale and trying to locate it. Most enjoyable is driving the cars from older to newer kind.
Pros
Driving all sorts of cars
Cons
no benefits if part time
Very busy work days
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Heavy face-to-face interaction with customers
High stress, fast paced environment
-They have their favorites
- clock watchers
-1/2 days on Fridays
ok work culture
Pros
-1/2 days on Fridays
Family environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 22, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Believes in work/life balance. The diversity of the employees is the best part of the job with the oldest employee being 90 years young. The employees make the job worth coming to work everyday.
Good Gig
Contractor/System Developer I (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
Things were good until they changed the CIO and the leadership team and direction.
Good work setup
Revamped a Tibco comlex
Good Manager
Good when I was there
Not being able to get more involved
Events
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Missing the boat on becoming a real content producer
poor management
quadrant coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 14, 2017
walk cars with rep and then contact sublets to make sure car is flowing in the process at a timely manor

learned everything from stocking in a car to reconditioning a car

too lacks of a mangaer

no communication
Commercial Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2017
Management needs developmental growth on how to work with diverse backgrounds and cultures. Management needs to show more appreciation towards their employees.
making sure the cars was clean
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCSeptember 7, 2017
very busy getting the car clean to go thur the auction very nasty dirty cars 2dollars per car so you had to do a lot of cars in 8hrs people wasnt friendly
Pros
you can get the chance to drive all the cars
Cons
didnt pay anymoney
Fast pace
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 6, 2017
Long hours car dealer are not nice. This was stressful position. Management was always being replaced. work environment was hostel. Hard part of the job keeping a smile on your face. Most enjoyable helping people in different cities.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
lots of different people
Wonderful if you love Fast Paced!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
I loved working for Manheim. I intended to retire from Manheim. The only reason I am leaving is because my position is being eliminated and I was laid off due to a role change initiative to better the company with efficiency. It is extremely fast paced and ever evolving. No two days are ever the same. However, the people you work with are dedicated and everyone works tirelessly. I'm truly heartbroken that I have to leave.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, 24+ paid days off per year
Cons
Ever changing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manheim Auto Auctions. Our community is ready to answer.