This position ensures the accurate and efficient processing of vehicle titles by verifying title information is correct, maintaining knowledge of current laws regarding vehicle titles, and interacting with customers and regulatory agencies to resolve title issues.
- Process and re-assign titles for vehicles sold by the auction.
- Examine vehicle title for accuracy and conformity to specified requirements. Verify acceptance of the title in the state for which it is filed. Confirm accurate title VIN number, odometer reading, releases of liens, and that titles contain no alteration, etc.
- Determine negotiability of title document and assess for potential fraud. Report any title discrepancies.
- Resolve titling issues through interaction with customers, dealers and regulatory agencies. Work with manager/supervisor to negotiate price adjustment between buyer and seller for a title problem, if necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of current DMV laws and regulations as they relate to vehicle titles and interpret titling regulations in each state for which vehicles are processed.
- Receive and route telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel or department.
- Perform other duties such as processing sale day transactions using the AS400 and providing customer service.
- Run outstanding title reports, review and contact sellers regarding outstanding titles.
- Issue gate passes for no-sale vehicles and purchases.
- Assist with sale day balancing activities.
- Run 15-day outstanding title report for consignment vehicles sold without title. Match invoices against report and contact sellers to obtain title. Notate title status in system.
- Assist with title and check audits.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 or more years of related experience required in the auction/automobile industry or at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Effective communication skills required.
- Must possess good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Notary seals and stamps preferred.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception.