Manheim

Manheim Employer Reviews

stay clear of this place.....favoritism, liars, cheats
vehicle check in (Former Employee), nevadaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: there are non
Cons: bust your ads for nothing, don't get recognized for your hard work & dedication, get lied to, have false accusations brought up against you.
After 6, most 7 years working for thus company, I was finally let go. I can honest say I was relieved when I was fired. However, managers throughout this company love to pick their favorites, and when they do not like you they will do everything in their will power to get you fired. I was falsely accused of so many things. I finally gave up. As with – more... my termination I was falsely accused of many accusations.
This once was a great place to work, but is not anymore. I HIGHLY SUGGEST IF YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, SPEAK SPANISH. As the manager is Hispanic & favors those of his of his own culture.
They also say they care about their employees, BS. Expect little training & then be thrown to the wolves. They love to see people fail.
If you do apply for this job best of luck, keep to yourself, & just do your best & don't let them take advantage of you. – less
Very much a who know's who corporation.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: it was a job!
Worked hard for many years with great reviews. Then when I hit the max on vacation benifits it was over because I work and live in an "at will state." What a waste of time and energy....
warehouse

Experience:
Manheim
Recon Detail Jacksonville, FL
Registered automobile in for recon 09/2013 to Present
Scanner in for washing and Vacuum
Buff and wax with a hand buffer
Check all automobile for debrief
Supervise the crew in right direction

Mayflower A&A Transfers and Storage,
Education: – more... Montezuma, GA
Macon County High 1994
Diploma
Road Master Drivers School 2009 – less
Friendly work enivornment
Car Transporter/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Carleton, MIMay 7, 2014
Pros: drive nice cars
typically drive cars, on auction days.
Work in office.
Work load is moderate
and co workers are friendly
Very unorganized
Block clerk (Former Employee), Newburgh NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: very unorganized and unprofessional
Waste of time. Poor hours and no advancement. They say you can do one thing and then turn around and say no. Very surprised by the immaturity.
LIARS, CHEATS, THIEVES, MANIPULATORS- THE WORST!!!
Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: lies, low pay, good ol' boy network, long hours, shifty management, horrible human resources, etc.
WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR WELL OVER A DECADE AND PLANNED TO STAY UNTIL I RETIRED. THAT IS UNTIL CORPORATE RUINED ALL OF THE AUCTIONS- FIRING PEOPLE SO THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY BENEFITS (AND THEN TRYING TO RE-HIRE THEM AS SUBCONTRACTORS TO AVOID BENEFITS), CUTTING JOBS, NO RAISES, TELLING 20+ YEAR EMPLOYEES THEY COULD TAKE A HORRIBLE PACKAGE NOW OR – more... LOSE THEIR JOB IN 3 MONTHS, ETC.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! THEY TALK A GOOD GAME ABOUT OPPORTUNITY AND JOB GROWTH BUT IT'S ALL SMOKE. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES AT ALL! IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH PROFIT THE HIGH LEVEL MANAGERS CAN SHOW SO THEY CAN GET THEIR BIG SALARIES AND BONUSES! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NUMBER TO THEM AND THEY DON'T CARE WHETHER YOU CAN SUPPORT YOURSELF OR A FAMILY- IT'S ALL ABOUT GIVING EVERY PENNY TO THE BIG SHOTS.

WHEN YOU DO MAKE "TOO MUCH" MONEY, THEY'LL FIND AN EXCUSE TO TERMINATE YOU BY CALLING IT A "POSITION ELIMINATION". THAT'S THE WAY THEY GET AROUND LAWSUITS. THEN THEY HIRE SOMEONE CHEAPER TO DO YOUR JOB AND GIVE THEM A DIFFERENT TITLE SO IT'S ALL NICE AND LEGAL.

FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO WORK...YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID! – less
most fun and challenging job i ever had.want to go back.
MGR.ASSISTANT,Q.C.AND PRODUCTION MGR. SUPERVISOR. (Former Employee), L.V. NV.April 1, 2014
Pros: busy plenty of work, some real good people, loved it.
Cons: later felt not important or recognized by mgrs.
WORKED IN L.V. NV.ABOUT 9 YEARS.STARTED OUT AS BODY MAN,WON 3 EMPLOYEE OF MONTH AND ONE FOR THE YEAR.I WAS ASKED TO BE MGR.ASSISTANT THEN IN CHARGE OF Q.C.. AND PRODUCTION MGR AND SUPERVISOR IN BODY SHOP.LOVED IT WHEN WE GOT ALL THE CARS READY ON TIME FOR SALE DAY.I MISS THAT JOB SO MUCH,I QUIT IN 2011 BUT SHOULD NOT HAVE JUST BECAUSE OF MONEY.I LIKED – more... THE PEOPLE I MET OVER THE YEARS AND LEARNED MORE HOW TO MANAGE PEOPLE REGULATE HOURS TO AVOID TO MUCH OVER TIME.23 PEOPLE KEEP YOU BUSY.I WISH THEY WOULD READ THIS AND CALL ME BACK TO FIX THE SHOP AGAIN. – less
Busy, busy...Enjoy being busy
Head Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2014
Very busy day as soon as you hit the door. The hardest part of working for Manheim is that you had no team work for the most part and little back-up from management. The most enjoyable part of my job was the actual work, posting money and serving my customers.
Great company led by Cox
Senior Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2014
Manheim is in transformation as part of Cox Automotive strategy, big future and growth potential. Cox leadership and culture very focused on mix of employee satisfaction and business results.
Excellent Diverse Place
Security Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Ever changing inventory and stategic plans. Great teams and leaders.
Horrible Place to work - would compare it to a sweatshop
Contractor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Worked here as a contractor for a short amount of time and from day one it was a bad working environment. Was only trained for one hour and then thrown straight into working. The managers get annoyed if you ask questions and expect you to be a mind reader. Was yelled out for using the wrong font on my third day of work. Do not work here unless you want – more... to work in a sweatshop and be miserable. – less
Fantastic place to start your career.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CaFebruary 2, 2014
Believes in ongoing training and development for their team members and also has competitive benefits.
Fun Place to work
Sales Day Driver (Former Employee), College Park, GAJanuary 22, 2014
love driving cars there and it seemd as though they really liked their workers!
All talk
driver (Current Employee), milwaukeeJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no sympathy for working in herendous weather conditions, horrible management, awful pay, no advancement oppurtunities.
I've worked at a manheim auction for 6 years, and like everyone else says, the only plus are the benefits. That's how they reel you in. I have applied for several jobs to better myself and they just won't let me move up the ladder. Definitely a blue collar group. Management is horrible, the way things are operated is a joke. there is no orientation – more... or training, horrible starting wage. They lie about a lot of stuff. They expect you to be there everyday they say no matter what, even if your mom and dad die, manheim first/your life second. From what I've been through I would not recommend this place as worthy employer to nobody. – less
Crew leader
Crew Leader/ Driver (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 7, 2014
this place was alot of fun yet alot of work but it was worth it. great pay and good friends what more could you ask for at a job
Good Company
Lane Clerk (Former Employee), Darlington, SCJanuary 5, 2014
You get to see what dealers really by cars for. It's great to interact with the different dealerships along the east coast.
Downsized Workplace
Driver (Current Employee), JRB & Associates, Inc.December 9, 2013
Pros: income to help out.
Cons: temporary staffing employee based.
Manheim has a downsized workforce that consists of Temporary Staffing Agencies; that offer no benefits of any kind, just minimum wage.
Not what it once was
Cr Writer (Former Employee), severalDecember 5, 2013
Company is strong.Bennefits are good..Decent payt ,not great.Mgt under pressure tends to micro manage at times..They will cut your hours or lay you off at the slightest sign of slowing down.Will send you home early at the drop of a hat.Be careful here as job security is not high on their list.
Productive learning enviroment to work in!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2013
Awesome management who are willing to teach you! I love the atmosphere and the co-workers that I work with here. The diversity in this workplace enviroment is classic!
Transporter Service
Auction Driver Solution (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
The auto auction can be a fun place to work at times, but you have to be caution while drive cause the dealers sometime walk right in front of the vehicles.Also you have to watch for other auction drivers that are coming out the bay.The management keep the safety rule in the motion with an fresh speech and friendly reminder each day before work.There – more... really isnt anything hard about the auction expect it get bore somtime repeating the same routine.The enjoyable thing is you get to drive nice up to date vehicles. – less

1 2 3

About Manheim

Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's – Read more