Manitowoc Employee Reviews

Moved all Sellersburg manufacturing to Mexico.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INJuly 18, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company due to the lack of job Security they cannot offer you. They moved manufacturing to Mexico. They have few office jobs that may or may not move.
Pros
Cons
Moved manufacturing to Mexico.
I started as a Part-time receptionist, and later split my position as HR Support
Customer Service/HR Support (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 17, 2017
This was a very nice job; I did like it a lot. I did feel I wanted to ask more questions about certain tasks, and wasn't sure if I should. I liked the versatility of this position. Changes each day. Good job!
Fast paced
Technical Documents Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Shady Grove, PAJune 30, 2017
I received my Yellow Belt and Red Belt in Lean Six Sigma and also took APICS training. There are many opportunities to succeed as long as you are willing to apply yourself.
Good pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 22, 2017
Management is terrible. If you are not one of their favorites you get treated like dirt. The inbound supervisor cussed and screamed at people everyday, especially if he was hung over or out of pills which he bought off employees.I was wrongfully terminated because they did not like me.
Pros
Good pay easy money
Cons
Management and Favortism bad gain share program
Unstable work environment
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAJune 14, 2017
Unstable company. Very economic driven; layoffs, hire, layoff, etc...
The software management doesn't seem to know just what they want. I was hired with them knowing full well that I didn't have a background in many of the technologies they were using. When I didn't learn everything in a month, I was constantly reminded that my tenure may be short.
companey moved
Welder and Fabricator jornay man (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 13, 2017
the company was very safety oriented. building cranes was very gratifying to see them get built from sheet steel to a fully functional crane. I was fortunate to see all aspects of the proses from burning to layout ,forming small weldments large weldments to boom shop.
Excelant Job Experience
SAP FI/CO - Lead Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Shady Grove, PAJune 13, 2017
It's an wonderful experience for me. One of the best place to work in South PA. I have been working for my current employer Manitowoc Cranes, since June 2013. Manitowoc Cranes is a manufacturing company. Most of our products are Projects System based and customer specified order only. I provide Global SAP Finance and some Controlling area support that are basically implemented with PS, MM, & SD Modules. I believe with my knowledge and experience in SAP.
Over all a good company
Process Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Covington, TNMay 28, 2017
The people that's in charge need to have more people skills Very good place to work if you love the work environment of a warehouse leadership is need more and this place and advancement takes along time if you are not buddy buddy with the people in charge.
mantiwoc
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2017
A fast pace work day and a daily quota to meet. Very friendly employees and always there to help. Ownership has changed a lot and is no longer in arround.
Working at Manitowoc
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INMay 6, 2017
I loved my job at Manitowoc. I hated it that they ended our jobs there. We were a close knit family. It was a good place to work for.
The work wasn't hard but like any other place, they expected you to be there and do your job.
Pros
we weren't coworkers we were family

Want to know more about Manitowoc?

Ask a question
Manitowoc is progressively improving it's value proposition to customers and shareholders.
Director Supply Chain & Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 28, 2017
Manitowoc is making changes to enable it's future long-term growth and profitability. The company was challenging when it was being split into two businesses, but that should insure long-term direction and strength.
Strong welding ability, hard working, take pride in my work performance, enjoy learning new skills
Welder in boom shop (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 18, 2017
Welded with various types of wires and sizes. Lots of pipe to pipe/cord to cord welding. Used pulse and cv settings. Knowledgeable of running and using settings on wire sizes from .028-.052 solid wire, metal core, flux core, also hardened wires of those sizes. Some .045 aluminum. Also ran hand held sub-arc with 1/16 wire.
productive and fun place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 16, 2017
the manitowoc co.was a good place to work,with good compensation and benefits, job security,profet sharing ,401k match 27 days of vacation eight paid holidays,
Global mindset
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 9, 2017
Worked as primary sysadmin at Manitowoc location prior to company split. Learned much from peers on site as well as remote. Management was confusing at worst, and vague at best, global tasks came from Corporate and regard to local issues was lacking. Hardest part of the job was addressing local needs with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Comfortable lunch hours, great benefits
Cons
Management, Company split
Good work for Good Pay
Test Rigger (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 28, 2017
Daily work consists of rigging and testing cranes. The job is well balanced for family life. Year round work, no layoffs. Very flexable with time off that is needed.
Cons
They are moving their facility to PA
Not a great place but not a bad place either
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INMarch 17, 2017
The work atmosphere here was mostly relaxed. There are times (like the end of each month) when tempers flare, but over all not a bad place to work. The best part about working here are the people you meet & the friendships you develop. The worst parts are the communication between departments & lack of good leadership at times. You have to be able to just smile & laugh about it & go with the flow or you will not last.
Pros
Coworkers & 4 day work week
Cons
Company moved to Mexico
Very nice place to work
Manufacturing Engineer/Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 4, 2017
During my 19 years of service, Manitowoc has been an excellent place to work. It provided me with a great deal of experiences with heavy machine fabricating, assembling and testing that I would not otherwise have gotten.
I enjoyed the work employed. The coworkers were also wonderful.
Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 7, 2017
The actual job was interesting and challenging. My coworkers were all wonderful, devoted, and driven to deliver the best product possible. Everyday brought a new challenge. There were ample opportunities for self improvement, continuing education, and even first responder training for volunteers. The company was very safety oriented and had one of the lowest recordable injury and loss time injury numbers in heavy manufacturing.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Poor management
GREAT company to work for. However, like most companies, they're sourcing contract work to cheapen labor and it's hurting project deadlines.
Mechanical Design Engineer - R&D (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Great culture, friendly colleagues, management too. Pay was less than the last job I took, but the workload was less. Promises of getting hired on as permanent after 6 months and hard work like the typical run-around. But honestly I didn't really mind because I was still treated equally and I worked hard to impress my peers and superiors. Interesting benefit: You get free food that the world-renowned chef's cook up in the kitchen for some trial tests! Could be croissants, beef brisket, southwest salad, some italian sandwiches with special sauces, pastries, or waffle fries! The hardest part of the job was the quick rotation of a few employees in the middle of a huge project. Having to catch someone up on a project takes time so they not only understand, but they can contribute to the project by doing their tasks as soon as possible to meet deadlines. Employee turnover made additional unnecessary workloads on remaining employees, of course that's not the management's fault for the employees leaving. The employees that left were all older and slower than we wanted them to be. I guess when it comes down to it, they're used to projects taking longer than a few months. But I know how quickly things can be done--I digress. If you're a fresh college graduate, this is a great environment to grow in. Plenty of things to learn and the ability to get hands on experience!
Opportunity to learn
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shady Grove, PAJanuary 29, 2017
Manitowoc Cranes offers a unique environment to learn new skills. If you can handle it, management is hands off and you are permitted to prioritize your own work as long as you are completing your required job tasks.