Mankato Clinic Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Technologist 3 (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 19, 2016
In the just under 3 years I worked at the Clinic I had 3 different managers, two of the three had absolutely no experience in the field they were hired to manage. They use annual performance reviews to determine raise amoints, but in my department the managers graded things they never observed first hand. And even if they had, 2 of the 3 managers would have had no idea if we were doing the job right anyway. The insurance is good and the pto is nice, but poor management leads to an unpleasant work environment.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Great benefits but no advancement
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 4, 2016
This company is management-driven. The employees are there to make the managers look good, at any expense to the employees. This may include freezing PTO for a department, even when a medical test is warranted or an employee's child is getting married in another state. No time off, even if there are over two weeks banked due to making up time before the freeze. If an employee thinks they are doing all the right things for the company, they will not be rewarded. As far as advancement, they claim to have a program that helps employees advance, but even my manager at one time told me nothing is done about it. It's only there to look good. They hire management with no experience then look surprised when they learn the manager isn't successful. To make matters more confusing, they just keep going on the same way, not making any improvements. Management is immune to needing to get their work up to par, but the employees below them are given few chances. Maybe other departments are fun, but not mine.
Pros
Benefits excellent, if you are allowed to use them
Cons
Advancement almost impossible, management doesn't listen to suggestions
Opportunity to experince the clinical laboratory.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 25, 2016
Fast paced- there were a large volume of tests on a daily basis. Contrary to performing venipuctures for donors at the plasma center, I learned to perform blood draws on patients that were often sick and sometimes didn't care to have their blood drawn.
Pros
Allowed me to observe to day to day routines in the clinical laboratory.
Cons
30 mile commute.
Great company, but little chance for advancement.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MankatoJune 5, 2016
The Mankato Clinic is a wonderful place to work for, but there is no/little place for advancement. They also tend to cater to those who have issues and problems that may be more personal in nature vs. strictly work related (ie: I don't like working with this person so I'm going to complain to my manager about something they do.) I have seen more wonderful employees leave the clinic due to this, and there seems to be no attempt to keep those good employees (some of those have worked at the clinic 10+ years) because there is a well known "revolving door" policy. If you don't like it, there's the door.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of PTO.
Cons
Lack of advancement
Great benefits, great culture, great leadership!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 25, 2016
I have worked at the Mankato Clinic for over eight years and I find it to be an amazing place to work. The employees focus on what is best for patients and also treat each other as family.
Leadership is very transparent and share information about the success of the Clinic.
We received the Star Tribune award for Top Work Places in Minnesota, which is based on a in-depth survey of employees.
It is a shame that a couple former disgruntled employees filled out a low rating on this page regarding the Clinic as the opinions they shared are based on a very small minority.
Apply - you will love it here!
Pros
Great culture, great benefits, profit sharing, great employees and leadership
Cons
Can't think of any
Wonderful place to work!
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 20, 2015
Great atmosphere and team to work with! Always felt like a valued employee. The company makes it easy to feel satisfaction at the end of a work day.
Good place to work!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56001September 23, 2015
Always something different to do!
Clean and comfortable.
Good benefits.
Good location.
Small department.
Friendly upper management.
Great care/ awful place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  MankatoJuly 22, 2015
Hands down the most dysfunctional working environment I have encountered. Management was awful. The job itself was wonderful. Unfortunately the mission statement of this company is nothing more than a laminated piece of plastic yielding empty promises.
Pros
location
Cons
Low moral, awful management, unorganized
Patient-Centered Care
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 9, 2015
Mankato Clinic does it's best to meet the needs of all patient's with flexible scheduling, extended-hours, and multiple locations.
Management rude, unprofessional
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 29, 2014
Low pay, several rude managers who used bully tactics on employees. Management and many providers have no regard, or treat other staff with respect. If other staff don't like you they will go to their manager with complaints. It's a complain first type of environment.
Pros
Clinic setting
Cons
Rude unprofessional managers, surrounded by gossip.
Average place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 25, 2014
Supervisor was rude and awful to patients. Doctors are good at what they do but not great toward staff. Good pay and benefits
Pros
location
Cons
1 hour lunches unpaid
Mankato Clinic Review
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 15, 2014
I enjoy working at the Mankato Clinic. Everyone is very open and friendly to help. It feels like a large family and everyone is very loving
Okay place to work
Gerontological Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with the residents at several nursing homes and taking care of their chronic and/or acute care needs.
Work varied from day to day.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 2, 2013
One day we would work the clinic side and the next the endoscopy side helping tech procedures. Fun place to work.
Pros
Uniform provided.
Cons
Low pay.
Nursing at Mankato Clinic
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 2, 2012
I loved this job! left to follow the provider I worked for. The management was great to work for, you were treated like a real person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mankato Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Mankato Clinic Reviews by Location