Manley Deas Kochalski LLC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Aweful Management and Training
title (Former Employee) –  columbusJune 17, 2014
Worked there short term in 2013. This company is in desperate need of a real training program and most of all needs new management.
Pros
dress code
Cons
management to employee relations
The last place any paralegal wants to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2013
Perhaps a great place to work if you have a liberal arts degree and don't know what to do after college, but this place is not for anyone seriously interested in working in a legal environment. Run as fast as you can in the other direction if offered employment here. Management is unresponsive to the needs of their staff and only care about completing reports for the partners. The firm used to offer very lucrative bonuses but has ceased doing so.
Pros
Hours, lax dress code
Cons
Poor management, unresponsive to staff, practice very little law
MDK review
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2013
great place to work if you want a laid back environment. Duties can be stressful
Pros
no dress code
Productive and relaxed law firm
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2012
The law firm is relaxed on what time we are to come in. As long as we get 40 hours by the end of the week, most managers are fine with what ever time we come in. I currently prepare Motions and Orders to be submitted to the courts to progress our foreclosure case. We represent the lenders in each of our cases, which there are many of, meaning that on a daily basis I create various documents that are used by our clients in order to reposes the house in order to cover the debt that is owed by the borrower. The only differences in my day are based on county requirements, which means that I would need to change wordings in the documents or add other documents to the motions and orders so that these documents can be successfully submitted to court. There is not much dealings with my co-workers apart from notifying other departments that we have received a document from the court that their department must deal with and make the appropriate steps in order to progress the case. The hardest part of the job is when complications arise in the case forcing us to delay our judgments and figure out what went wrong, how can we alleviate the problem, and what do we need to do in order to progress the case.
Pros
relaxed on the daily hours
Cons
pay