Manpower
4,940 reviews

Manpower Employee Reviews

Great Company (Manpower) But hours, pay and labor smh
Manpower Temp (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 29, 2015
clock in work 12hr two day on two day off, Then work one month off one month and the contract is 1000hrs or 6 months what ever comes last. I learn working for a Manpower got me jobs faster but anything could happen. The management is good and the co-workers are too. The hardest part of the job is waiting for straight work, like 40hr every week until the contract time is up. what i like most about manpower the staff personality
Manpower
Program Manager (Former Employee), Renton, WAMay 28, 2015
Good company to work for.

The job was for 3 months and lasted for almost a year

Good group of people to work with.
Did not work with other people they placed me in apposition and it was a good fit.
Very respectful enviroment
Principal Administrative Aide (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Nice professional enviroment
Cons: Mostly temp assigment
The good thing is that personnel is very professional. the down side is that most assignments are temporary. I need a permanent job.
Fun work place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch after meetings
Cons: position was short lived
My typical work day involves purging documents and creating files.

I learned that children can get help just like us adults.

The management for this company was very well put together I had no problems with them.

My coworkers were very welcoming.

The hardest part of the job was organizing the filing system.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with many different people.
Good experience
Support Service Supervisor & Recruiter (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WI & Round Rock, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Management, Opportunity & Support
Cons: Pay could be better
I worked at the home office & a branch location. I enjoyed the overall experience. Good, clear objectives & support by management and human resources which contributed to optimal performance and customer satisfaction.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE TO WORK
Inspector Merck Pharmaceuticals (Current Employee), Merck & CO, 4633 Merck Road, WILSON NC 27893May 28, 2015
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE TO WORK A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK,INSPECT PARTS,PACKED BOTTLES IN APPROPRIATE PACKAGING AND MAINTAIN THE FLOOR EQUIPMENT
a typical work day
painter (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 28, 2015
we got this new machine in that would sort the pants and shirts then it would put them by color and by number I ran this machine from 4 am until 11 am then my day was over but I had to make sure everything was done before I left
Molder
Molder Operator (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIMay 27, 2015
It was a very easy, but very boring job. I learned how to mold. My co-workers are okay, could be better. The hardest part was working in a factory with no air, or windows. I enjoyed the job because of how straight forward it was.
Great company, fun people, interesting jobs
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2015
Pros: Interesting jobs
Cons: Pay could be higher
Fun people to work with, good company, interesting jobs, competitive pay, opportunities to improve and learn new skills, meet new people
Diverse environment and coworkers.
Factory Worker (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNMay 27, 2015
Pros: Diverse learning environment.
Cons: Health and life insurance, job insecurity.
Manpower is a temporary staffing agency that places team members in many different work environments. This provides opportunities for the team members to learn more in different situations. This also provides the workers the chance to work with a variety of team members.
Location just opening
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio TxMay 27, 2015
Location is just currently opening and is still going through its growing pains. Long work hours and seven days a week. Good hours if you are not family oriented.
better commucation between parties
Wiring Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 27, 2015
. At the beginning everything seem fine.. but after worker there a couple months it went sour. Poor communication between manpower company,employment place, and manpower workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2015
I was only there for five months before I found something full time. I was grateful for the young man that help get my foot in the door. Sometimes, it's very hard to start over, you just don't know where to start or where to go....
Adequate training and comfortable work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Adequate training and breaks.
Cons: None
Training was provided by supervisors. I became familiar with FSA enrollment, using strong customer service skills. There was a diverse group of people working in my section. The hardest part of the job was answering some customer questions. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new and having the support of supervisors.
Ok to get into someplace quick but not to work for in the long term
General Labor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2015
The hardest part about working for a staffing agency is the low pay while you work for them. Most of the time these are used as a quick way to find work if you suddenly lose a job and aren't recommended, in my opinion, to work for them in the long term
Great Job
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assist/File Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 26, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: none
All was the same each day, learn daily, management was great, co-worker great, nothing was hard on this job, just being bless with a job.
fun helping others in need
Forklift Operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee), Quakertown, PAMay 26, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no benifits
picking orders of frozen foods, playing tetris with the pallet with stacking, shrink wrapping pallets, forklift, replenishing stock from above, working in the cold is my favorite
Good place to work while looking for a job
Help Desk Operator (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VirginiaMay 25, 2015
Very helpful, check onsite all the time to see if there are any problems. Jobs vary and hours vary. Have to be flexible. Most jobs are just temporary.
Good for quick money, but overall job security is a problem
Contract Worker (Former Employee), Allegan, MIMay 23, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: no job security, poor work ethic, training is rushed, apathy
Working for Manpower gave me experience, but some of the work was not permanent. It felt like as soon as you got attached to the work, they would end your assignment. Sometimes it was not always Manpower's fault, but in fact the contractor themselves they brought you into. Most of the time, the job assignment was given to you with neat instructions. Other times it was a mess, mostly because the company I would be contracted to had no clue how to even train their employees.

The best experience of training I received was while working for Perrigo. Orientation for temporary workers was fun, they gave us a free meal at the end of the week, and they handled us with care to provide a great training experience. However, it all changed when we went to work on the production floor with the employees. Training was rushed and hurried, and also other coworkers talked down to me. This was the only staffing agency where being a Manpower worker was NOT a good thing. I was often referred to as "Manpower" and called expendable quite a few times, while trying to maintaining a cheerful attitude at work. I once told a girl on the line floor at Perrigo that I was excited to be hired in someday, and she said "No, that's gonna be a long time before that happens. You are expendable." Other Manpower employees I worked with had a poor attitude about themselves, mostly due to being treated unfairly. One woman I met called herself a "peon." Yes, it really was that bad. Work environment was tense, and employees at these jobs would not care if you were there one day or gone the next. Supervisors tried – more... to feign caring, but would do nothing about the problems at hand if they were any I brought up, such as bullying, or intimidation.

I did not enjoy the treatment I received, but worked through the problems because I needed money. I was often told to leave by employees at my jobs. They didn't understand the job market, and also did not understand my position there. I tried to make friends, but often left with no one to talk to.

I left in January knowing I was done with this treatment. I talked to the branch manager of Manpower in my location I go to, but often times it felt like you could never speak your issues. I called to relay a message to her, but was told to write a letter. I live 20 mins away from this building, so that was not an option.

Hopefully the stability of the company has changed since my departure, as I know some have better success stories. – less
was a direct hire
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), Pemco aircraft maintenanceMay 22, 2015
Pros: no problems with pay
Cons: didn't have much work
I was sent to Manpower from Pemco as a Direct hire I really didn't deal with Manpower much they direct deposited my pay on time never had any problems when i was laid off from pemco they didn't have many other jobs to send me out to

1 2 3 4 5

About Manpower

Manpower is devoted to enriching the lives of those through meaningful employment opportunities and focuses on future advancement. – Read more

Manpower Salaries