Manpower Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,394 reviews matching the search
Horrible
National Scanning Center (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 21, 2016
Manpower is a temp agency, but they have no plans to hire anyone on permanently. Management were always criticizing instead of uplifting and telling you what you were doing well at. The job was boring, which is just a personal opinion. Manpower were laying off employees, and ended up laying off the wrong employees. When the employee went to Manpower about the issue, they wrote it off and told HR the employee resigned, hurting their opportunity for unemployment. There was limited opportunities for advancement and pay raises.
Pros
Cons
Management, Company
Positive Company Culture
Onsite Supervisor/Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 3, 2016
ManpowerGroup is a great company to work for. We work with strong ethics, and strive to make work and life balance work. Management, at all levels, are easy to communicate with and are approachable. For the size of company, there is a sense of organic culture where everyone can collaborate and share ideas together.
Pros
Culture, Team Environments, Fast Pace
Cons
Opportunities to advance, internal career development.
A great place to work in between jobs.
Clerical / Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Manpower Temp Agency is a great place to work while you are in search of a permanent job. I gained vast knowledge in the field of convention registration and great typing skills. I used my years of customer service experience and gained more respect for assisting those new to an event and how to give directions and assist customers/clients in every possible way.

The work was very busy and time passed so fast because there is always something to do on a temporary assignment I enjoyed working with and for different people and cultures. I loved the diversity of working at different locations and with people from all walks of life.
Pros
When working conventions you see things you wouldn't if you weren't working or invited to attend
Cons
No set daily schedule so some days no lunch or breaks and no benefits
Highly rewarding career
Staffing assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 16, 2016
Manpower staffing is a highly rewarding job. Working with people to find work and manage employees is very rewarding, but can be demanding/stressful. The job is flexible allowing time to be devoted to family functions within reason. Compensation is low at first but goes up and is fair. As a result the employees stay with the company leaving little room for new hires. The company lays off the employees with the least amount of time first, making the first few years of job security a little unstable.
Pros
Flexibility, reasonable pay, sense of doing something good
Cons
demaning and stressfull
Great company to work for
Recruiter Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2016
I had a great experience working there. I was able to move up, grow and learn. However management could do a better job when bringing a new boss to a department they have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
Culture and growth
Cons
Some management and compensation
For a temporary company Experis is friendly but the pay compared to other temporary companies is low.
Data Submitter (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day on my job today is different than what I was hired to perform 4 years ago at the same rate of pay. What started out as being a data processor has ended up with my testing new programming tools and being put in charge of training others how to use these new applications.
Pros
There are no real pros other than I have a job.
Cons
Even when the job description changes, there is no hope of a raise to match the increased functions a person may have to perform.
I enjoy working at Synovus, they are sending my job to Atlanta is only reason I am leaving.l
Loan Reviw (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 11, 2016
I review Home loans to Unsecured loans to make sure the codes are correct. The management is great they are very caring and understanding. I enjoy working with my co-workers, everyone is very understanding. We all get along and help each other when someone is behind. The end of the month when the loan get really heavy. Getting all the loans out at the end of the month.
Pros
Insurance, discounts on loans
Cons
We work long hours to get the work out
Friendly work environment Conducive to Success
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIFebruary 16, 2016
Days are fairly busy at the office. Between the numerous resident requests, walk-ins, phone calls, interviews and work order requests, the days go by rapidly due to the need to constantly multi-task. I learned to always give 100% and to learn something new everyday. Always be amendable to necessary change.
Pros
Interesting Assignments
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, low compensation rates
Excellent opportunities for growth.
TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2015
Manpower is an excellent agency at which to work. Competitive wages along with advancement opportunities. Communication with associates for assistance is good.
Coworkers were friendly. Management was excellent.
Busy days with future transferrable job skills.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Only two year contract. Medical benefits less than optimal.
i liked the people there
Forklift Operator/ machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIFebruary 10, 2016
the management team there was really good. there was not many benefits there though. the pay was competitive for the type of work.
Working hard for their employees
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for Manpower. They are attentive to their employee's career goals. I learned valuable skills to apply across a diverse genre of positions. Management was sometimes challenged to be cohesive.
Pros
Diverse opportunities
Cons
Communications are sometimes slow
This company is a joke and full of backstabbers
Staffing Specialist / Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNMarch 20, 2016
Typically we would interview and find new people to fill jobs. I was not trained properly and was expected just to know everything. Which is fine, I can manage on my own. The real problem is with management and co-workers! They are a complete joke, play favorites, and do nothing to make sure that everyone is following the same policy. The particular co-worker I had the most unpleasant time being with was a pathological liar and did whatever she wanted without getting in trouble... ever!! I made the mistake of listening to my branch manager at the time and doing what I was told. The co-worker then made sure to point it out to the DM and then of course my branch manager lied about it. The most enjoyable part of that job was the day that I left. I would never recommend Manpower to anyone, it is more like jr high with all the games. If you work for them, watch your back.
Work day
Network Technician/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 24, 2015
This was a contract company, worked in different companies.
Learn a lot different plate forms, systems.
Good management always gave me contracts and kept me working.
Good co-workers
Hardest part is the traveling to where ever the job was at and sometimes working graveyard shift.
Enjoyable part working with different systems and learning a lot.
Pros
Working with different systems and learning a lot, fair pay
Cons
Traveling long distance, but no benefits, workign what ever shift work might be in.
After 20 years I now have the privalage to work from my home office.
Virtual Recruiter-RPO Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Home based in Galveston TexasJanuary 7, 2016
I am a Sr. Virtual Contract Recruiter RPO, Specialist, home based in Texas. I source and recruit Management Territory Teams in Indianapolis and the State of Michigan for 4 Hiring Managers and one Director of Sales.

This is a very stressful position. One would need to be available at times in the evenings in order to be successful in reaching professionals that are working during the day.

I am paid hourly and no over time is available. I put in 10 hours a day with no lunch and I am only paid for 40 hours. I am making only half of what someone with my experience and success should be earning. I started my career at the same pay rate 20 years ago. You receive no bonuses, commission, kudos or feedback.

No PTO, Health Benefits are offered and I started receiving Holiday pay after one year of service.

The only upside is that my office is at home and that saves me gas money, professional attire, and the comfort of being in my home with my puppy all day.

I do not ask for anything from Manpower, I feel like they should have already offered a pat on the back and a raise is well over due after 4 year of being used and abused while I am working hard and stressing to meet deadlines the Upper Management worries that we do not know how to use a Boolean string and they have company paid entertainment and make a lot more money for basically working PR with Comcast and they actually have time for lunch and dinner. I work hard and long hours half of those hours are free, all to make the Uppers look good.

A thank you is at least a recognition. I am still waiting for mine.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
You HAVE to work OT with no pay to meet their expectations.
It all depends on where they send you.
Dumper (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 7, 2016
I was sent to Conagra Foods in Dothan which was great. I usually was at the back of a big roaster pushing product through and conveyer belt. Many co-workers were very helping and others no so much being that I mostly worked with other temporary workers. The supervisor of Manpower workers at the time was very uptight about a lot. Anything Conagra supervisors told us was ok to do, she would fire people for doing and it could have been the smallest thing. The hardest part of the job was just not knowing really what you will be doing the next day because you are filling spots for people who are not coming in the next day or have been fired. The most enjoyable part of the job was really just doing what i had to do which was easy, because I was by myself for 8-12 hours a day.
Pros
Getting paid every week with hours that you would be able to hold out until next pay period.
Cons
Short breaks, rude supervisors and not many helping co-workers.
Company lies and takes advantage of workers.
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 16, 2016
I applied for a "lab" position for Manpower at a well known factory in Cape Girardeau, but instead was made to do hard manufacturing work. Manpower lied everyday about something else. Even when asking direct questions, it is difficult if not impossible to get a direct honest answer. The ad for the job on indeed said it paid $10/hr, but when I signed paperwork at manpower it said 7.65 for orientation and 9/hr after that. They said I would be working manufacturing until the lab opened on the 24th, but actually they just wanted to train for the factory first so you can be utilized there also. I figured I would be given a relatively easy job, but instead I was made to walk the entire length of the site for 10 hours, and push and pull carts and stack boxes. This is not a "lab" position.
Pros
Coworkers are nice hardworking folks.
Cons
Management lacks integrity. No lockers, desk or person area. Misled, treated like commodities, felt like a prisoner, second class to other workers..
The packaging position I hold allows me to work with good people who are always willing to help when needed. I am able to use skills
Packaging/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced and always staying busy
I haven't learned a lot of new jobs but I have been able to use skills that were developed in previous work history.
Management is very friendly and compliment when you are doing a good job
Co-workers are friendly and are will to help when help is needed
Haven't found a hard part of the job at this time
The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling comfortable with the tasks that I am being asked to do because I am already familiar with this type of work.
Pros
Fast paced. Always had work to do.
Cons
Getting started late.
very resourceful company
Various Temporary Positions (Former Employee) –  Portland MetroJanuary 29, 2016
Manpower found me a job very quickly and if the job didn't work out, they found me another job in a timely matter. Manpower is a great way to start a career or just get on your feet with a somewhat stable job.
Pros
found me a job quickly, friendly staff
Cons
no benefits, low pay, no permanent status
Manpower Callcenter
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 13, 2016
This was not the greatest job i have had but it was ok. I learned that people think that if they call customer service and make threats they usually get want they want. All they have to do is esculate the call to the next level. Working in the call center environment is not always the same for all call centers. Cell phone call centers always deal with angry customers who beleive they should be reimbersed for their bad behavior because their phone had a issue. The hardest part of the job is have to listen you people call you foul names and after awhile it does take a toll. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home for the weekend.
Pros
Manpowers management group were awesome people
Cons
the hours were not great
A Good Temporary Service
Data Entry/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2016
Assigned to Boeing Litigation Department, Boeing Law Office in Building 100, Magellan Behavioral Health, and Smith-Kline Beecham (Now Quest Technologies) in data-entry and clerical work.
Typed summaries for the litigation files for Boeing.
Learned legal language while at Boeing and got along with the staff well. The hardest part was condensing down to paragraphs several documents. I enjoyed the research part of the job.
Management was split at times. Two lawyers wanted my services which created a tense work environment; but it was worked out. Smith-Kline Beecham was where I learned Medical Coding. A proper code was required for the lab work so we could bill their respective insurance companies. I enjoyed the staff and the way we worked together. Management was good.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the staff
Cons
Had to work with gloves while typing at Smith-Kline Beecham