Manpower

5.4K reviews

Manpower Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Medical Assistant/Float Pool (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FlAugust 31, 2015
They are a really great company to work for. If you are looking for a temp to permanent position then this is the place to start. The downfall is; you will not want to lose them as your management team.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Clerical (Former Employee), Walker, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: able to get me work right away
Cons: no Cons
working for Manpower Temporary Service,
They were able to get me a job right away, the pay was good, the work experience was good. I enjoyed the work they found me.
lots of fun jobs iv'e been on fun fast pace work environments
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Fernley, NVAugust 31, 2015
Pros: very helpful in finding me work
Cons: Temp work
i loved working for manpower they were very helpful in finding me work when i was having a ruff time find work on my own.I had fun at all the jobs i was sent out on and it was hard fast pace work which i love
A real job
Assembler (Former Employee), Marlboro MAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: I get have more time. Writing my book .
Cons: Need five minutes to review scope.MY scope is pretty old and a single input.
I need a 40 hours job . I need to make a living .The job cite close to home and I love electronics .Been doing it for a long time .
Manpower is a good temporary employment company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ludington, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: They have ties to many employers.
Cons: You'll be job-shopping again if the assignment ends.
Manpower has been a good option for me. I haven't yet been "hired-in", and that's frustrating, but I'm also fussy about where I want to commit to long-term, so that's more my fault not theirs. If you're a good worker and they have openings, you should be working soon!
Good place to work for
Assistant Recruiter (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 31, 2015
Manpower has a great staff to provide many business services to companies and employees alike.There is a friendly and fun atmosphere in the Eau Claire office that associates feel welcome in whenever they enter the office.
Productive workplace
Body (Former Employee), Greenville, ALAugust 30, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria, free gatorade, friendly employees
Cons: shorts break
Fun experience and don't regret it. Twelve hours were tough but time flew by once I got to know other employees. Would recommend this to someone else.
Great Company
Purchasing Expeditor (Former Employee), mebane, ncAugust 30, 2015
This company cares about its employees, make sure that they are treated fairly on the job site, and help you with getting hired onto the company they placed you at.
productive workplace
Machine Operator/Laborer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: working good hours.
Cons: laid off
I made sure production ran smoothly through out the day. I worked on the machinery if it jammed and unjammed it. The workplace was very productive.
No concern about employees
Manufacturing (Former Employee), Greenwood, IndianaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Represents good companies
Cons: Communication, concern for its employees, lied about pay contract.
Manpower personnel was extremely unprofessional. I endured major pay issues and lack of communication. Try other agencies before this one.
Manpower is a churner and burner
Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: They want to hire really good recruiters.
Cons: stagnant, petty, catty, toxic
Most leadership had a typically sarcastic Philly attitude and overall the leadership fosters a toxic work environment.
Manpower always kept me busy & gave me the chance to work with various different levels of management & gave me tremendous confidence & experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Melville, NYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Gave me tremendous flexibility since I was not a permanent employee; if I wanted to take off, I could with no problem.
Cons: Received no healthcare benefits; had to go to Company every week to submit time sheets back then, at the beginning of employment, had no paid days off. Had to learn to walk into different environments which was difficult at times, & had to learn how each company operated & what software packages they used.
My typical day at work varied because I worked at various companies, some of which were well-known. I did typical administrative assistant work: typing correspondence, filing, answering phone calls, using different software packages that no longer exist, unfortuntely. It was at the time before Microsoft came out. Management at all different places were different, but generally very helpful, kind and patience with learning different areas of each company. Co-workers varied from company to company, but generally were nice and helpful. Hardes part of my job was going into strange places when assignments would end and learning new software. The most enjoyable part of my various jobs was meeting all different people and learning how different companies operated. It gave me the change to work with multiple-age generations.
Temporary employment agency
Production Technician/Filling (Current Employee), Tannersville, PaAugust 27, 2015
Have no real concern about you, simply hire you and send you off. Quick employment but no benefits. Co-workers are all good, however there is a lot of workplace drama.
Learned to work as part of a team.
Assembly (Former Employee), Rockton, ILAugust 27, 2015
Co workers had bad attitudes/Language. Hardest part of the job was standing on cement floors for 10 hours per day. Most enjoyable part of the job was receiving free ice cream during breaks.
Decent pay and a great learning experience, but bad work/life balance
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 27, 2015
Manpower is an excellent place to learn almost any office skill you may need in the future. You definitely deal with a little bit of everything- sales, customer service, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, staffing, recruiting, compliance, etc, but the work life balance is near non existent. There is a pattern in corporate of understaffing all of the local branches, so you are generally saddled with intense workload, as well as associates out on jobs all hours of the day, night, and weekends. If a customer needs someone on a Saturday, you're expected to jump. Corporate also does not make it easy to obtain the information you need to fix problems, and sometimes makes it near impossible to get from point a to point b without losing your mind.

Also, they keep most of the recruiters in the company as "internal temps" for upwards of 2 years or so, basically avoiding giving their own employees paid time off or decent benefits. the pay is not bad and you end up working with some great people doing interesting things, but you should definitely weigh the pros against the cons!
temp service
Temporary Associate (Former Employee), Findlay, OHAugust 26, 2015
places you at a job, if you do a good job you get hired in, gets you in the door ok place to work for if you need a job, got me into roki america, also bridgestone
Not a permanent work solution
skilled/unskilled worker (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: I had some kind of work
Cons: I was never going to find something permanent
I was able to get maybe 1 day of work a week when when calling in 20 minutes after the Kenosha office opened and even when I was offered a permanent position at a site MP made no attempt to contact me about it am gave me the equivalent of 'you never asked us about it'
Manpower was a temporary agency
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 26, 2015
Did filing for a car dealership.

Shifted files from one room to another room.

Boxed up files to be sent to storage.

The co-workers were friendly.
Great professional atmosphere with excellent teamwork
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Company culture, earnings potential, office happy hours
Cons: low room for growth
Working with Manpower was definitely memorable for me. I consider myself to be privileged to work with such a fine staff. Although the work/life balance was a bit off, the collaborating teams were such a pleasure to work with in achieving our common goal.
great teamwork
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: good break
A typical day at work is busy. I learned how to get along with others and communicate well. My co-workers were very hard working and helpful. The hardest part of the job was lifting the boxes. The most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Headquarters