Manpower Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,667 reviews matching the search
Galpon's support line
Technical support line (Former Employee) –  LisbonAugust 9, 2016
In Galpon's support line basicaly the job was about answering calls from angry costumer's, for reading comunication, and give information about the service and about the invoicing.
With this I learned to maintain calm in tough and stressfull situations with the help of the manager's and colleagues, i also learned how to understand the electricity and natural gas bills.
The hardest part was definitely the angry costumer's and the great amount of stress that situations caused.
The most enjoyable part was the colleagues (mostly in difficult times were really helpfull) and the flexibility of this job.
Pros
Good Colleagues and good flexibility with the study's
Cons
To much stress
Always Different
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 24, 2016
Arrive first day to completely new surroundings. Meet with the supervisor to learn what was expected of me and get any assignments that needed to be done first. Learn computer system then start doing the work assigned. Never was treated poorly at any place I was assigned. People were always kind and willing to answer questions for me. Always meeting new people was a thrill but the hardest part was leaving at the end of the assignment because of usually having a blast. Always feeling wanted and needed, never "just a temp."
Pros
Learning so many computer programs
Cons
Choosing between assignments
great learning postion
File Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 11, 2016
I truly appreciate the experience and new work environment at Novad Mortgage. I learned a lot about mortgages, deeds, and subordinate notes. Dealing with original documents. Management and co- workers where very warming, we work as a team and got things done as a team. The hardest part of my job was when our work area changed location. We had hundred of boxes stacked to the ceiling filled with original documents. Therefore we had to move, climb and re-sort all files, but it was ok we were away form our desk a lot because of the task. The labor wasn't a problem, because we worked as a team to get the job done
Pros
the team work
Cons
insurance was expensive
Did not clear my backgroud with the company
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 20, 2016
The company i worked for was in bid for contract the manpower associate did not verify my background for company hire only temporary placement as needed for the company. i worked 6 months and 3 of orientation to have my background check comeback as not meeting company requirments the work was decent and managment was happy to have a dedicated worker. 80+ optional a week. Family knit enviorment but the comunication was terible between coworkers and people were worried about the plant closing.
Pros
optional overtime
Learning experience with a twist
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 20, 2016
The company was great to work for, I learned a lot about self-discipline and how to work as a team with people. Overall everything was great, the pay, the work, the hours, the management. The only thing that I didn't like was none of my coworkers spoke English, as English is my first and only language, it created a lot of barriers that led to other problems. Training was very hard sometimes because I was being taught by people who did not really speak fluent English. I loved how it was very easy-going, it was fast paced but we got to have many breaks and listen to music/audio books while working.
Pros
Pay, management, hours
Cons
Coworkers didnt speak english, schedule wasnt flexible
Very busy fast paced job. Everyone was very helpful and nice.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  ZoetisAugust 9, 2016
Working at Zoetis was awesome. I was bummed when I was let go, but I knew because I missed too many days as a temp (due to hospital stays) that it wouldn't last. Everyone was nice and helpful, I learned something new every single day I worked there. Very busy face paced lines kept me busy. I wish I could go back but being let go, I can't.
Pros
Good pay, good people, clean environment
Cons
Working 12 days straight and 2 off.
Happy workplace.
IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Metro manilaAugust 23, 2016
• Handling of VM's
• Managing Active Directory
Installing OS/application on VM's and Servers. Technical support to the end users for their VM's, Network troubleshooting.
• VPN Creating an account
i learned different type of application on how to use/support them.
Co-workers are friendly
hardest part of the job is solving problem you don't usually encounter.
enjoyable part of the job is you will learn a lot on being an system administrator.
Very productive workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of myself entering numbers into a computer system. I learned how to read transcripts and receipts to enter into the computer system. The management was very nice and helpful at the same time. My coworkers were very friendly and helped whenever needed. The hardest part of my job was having to double check your work to make sure that everything was entered in correctly. The most enjoyable part was entering in the information.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
15 minute breaks
Over all- Pretty good
Order filler (Former Employee) –  Savanna, ILJuly 9, 2016
Good money can be made if your willing to work 7 days a week. Otherwise it's still above average for compensation. The largest downside is the host company's management (this is a temp agency) rarely hires it's temps no matter how good a workers performance or work ethics. Nor are you allowed to apply for any open positions while employed as a temp there. All in all, if you're just looking for a job for now, it's good. I stayed there a year as a temp.
manpower messed up my paper work so i was not able to get a better placement
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJune 30, 2016
manpower would you send to only three factories and only one of them was decent to work at. the other two, chiyoda and heartland, would continuously make you do overtime and you would have to work on very little sleep.
Pros
there are none
Cons
you work on very little sleep every night and day, you don't get paid compensation, you won't get time off, and they won't accept doctor's notes explaining the reason why you missed work
A means to an end
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  CFS clerkAugust 4, 2016
My first assignment at the company was processing security clearances at postal HQ in Washington DC. The work load was medium to heavy, and my manager/co-worker was reasonable. The second assignment was processing CFS at the post office in Hyattsville MD. The hours were a bit stressful (2nd shift) and my co-workers were a bit difficult. Postal culture is inherently stressful and this was born out in the daily routine.
Working for Manpower
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working on-site at the Honeywell plant in Phoenix, AZ. The program was a contract and we were not told this until Manpower lost the contract. They did take care of their employees and found them work at the hub in Phoenix. My overall experience working for Manpower was good. I just think that the program was mismanaged.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
The program I worked on was mismanaged and lost
Good work enviroment, Great poeple.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2016
Get to work at 5 AM clock in. Stand all day, its good as long as you are working. I learned how to package take order. Management was great because they were understanding as long as you are productive and want to work. co workers were nice and helpful. Standing all day, Plus your back hurts at the end of the day. End of the day to see what work you did. (my progress)
Pros
They give you a set amount of days to miss in a month.
Great hours with friendly people
Quality person (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIAugust 10, 2016
A typical day at work would include friendly techs, learning, communication, and staying busy. What I have learned was what to look for if a defect was found. Looking for misaligned zipper, bag tint, tab registration, tab appearance, label appearance, label registration, carbon, and holes. Mostly on my own but made sure I talked to the next shift auditor on the day of what to look out for.
Productive workplace
Document Examiner Miami (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2016
In a typical day an applicant would come to the office to apply for a license and I will process electronic finger print, help him complete the application and give them a temporary license. if they need to renew the license I will take the picture for them and give it to them the same day. I would also answer the phones making appointment for the applicants to come to the office and give them all the information regarding the license they want to apply for. I also have to explain the laws and procedures to new applicants.
Pros
school tuitions
Very nice and calm place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2016
I would come in at 7:30 am. Setup my computer to get ready for that days data entry for the OTC. I learned a lot about taxes! Management was great! Very helpful when needed and always kind. Loved my co-workers, very nice people and easy to talk to. Hardest part was knowing it was only a temp job. The most enjoyable part was I got to work for the OTC! How awesome is that!?!
Pros
Nice and calm atmosphere
Cons
Temp position
Reviewer
BB&T Mortgage Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 7, 2016
A typical day as a reviewer would be to grab a stack of loans that you would be working with for that day. As a reviewer I would look through each individual document to determine if it is needed in order to purchase a loan. if in fact the document was needed I would sort every document needed in a standard order so that the group of associated who handled the loan after me would be able to locate those documents easily and continue their job.
Very fast past work place with plenty of Work.
Production Worker/ line Worker, and picker... (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 3, 2016
ConAirs Fast paste production, working at this job tought me to be fast on my feet and Quick with my hands. Far as the Management team I enjoyed that they were actually hands on workers, and worked as hard as everyone else, and made us feel equal as employees.
Even though we worked from the Sweat of a brow the people were always seemingly pleasant and fun to be around.
Pros
Always plenty of jobs within the department.
Cons
Low Pay with no compensation.
Typical temporary staffing agency
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 5, 2016
You really cannot expect much from a staffing agency. They put me into an entry level position with a company that promptly went on strike. After the assignment ended there was no more work available. Getting in touch with my contact is impossible, as she is never in the office. It takes a day or two for my calls or emails to be returned. When you are looking for work, waiting a day or two just to talk with someone and get an update on the situation is torture.

Manpower seems to care about their clients and the money the clients pay much more than the people who do the work for them. As far as staffing agencies go, I would recommend finding one with a little more compassion and integrity.
Pros
Found me one assignment
Cons
Took too long to respond to queries, unprofessional attitudes
Warehouse Associate
WEARHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Crozet, VAJuly 17, 2016
Working in face pace movers to have orders ship out within 2 business days of original ship date. Pick orders for other associates to pack and label. being trained when new equipment coming in and when new merchandise come on how the merchants expected the item(s) pack
Pros
Hour lunches and free stuff sometimes
Cons
Hot warehouse and a lot of laying off and coming back to work