Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 6,211 reviews matching the search
Personable and understanding
Clerical, Warehouse, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 21, 2017
Since I have worked through Manpower starting in July, 2016, I have had great work relations with the office staff. They understand my abilities and need to find financial stability. I have the ability to tell them I would not feel comfortable with the job assignment so that they may find a person with the right fit for the job. The assignments have also been quite generous for weekly payment as well as hours. I have enjoyed meeting the staff of the businesses and being able to get to know them.
Pros
Employee appreciation and/or after hours compensation
Cons
seemingly dishonest in the employment duration
it was good work with this company
Ruote driver (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 19, 2017
everyday we follow the company sate regulations as a clean room, did learned a lot be more carefully work with medical device and safe regulation ,management was always good some friendly other more strict about the culture ,we were from different country so .sometimes we shares the food or their culture ,One of the hard part of the job was the translate and communicated with other people,the enjoyable can I sed the job was done right ,
Profesional work enviroment with good co-workers
Skidloader (Current Employee) –  Ada, MIJanuary 19, 2017
My typical day at work is a calm quiet routine usually. I leaned that in manufacturing work environments is that it takes patience and a good attitude. I would say the management in this company are a group of people who are very smart and collective. The workplace culture was fun and encouraging. The hardest part about the job I would say is it would sometime be kinda hot and humid in there sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is we would get free coffee and and a easy work flow.
Pros
Free coffee, Great co-workers
Cons
Dry work conditions
Great Temporary Agency
Welder (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALFebruary 2, 2017
Manpower provided many opportunities. They took great pride in ensuring that the employees always had jobs to go to. They encouraged contractors to think outside of the box, in other words, don't get stuck in one area, explore all opportunities. The hardest part of this job was having to leave an environment when I had gotten use to it and had developed a relationship with the permanent employees.
Pros
Many opportunities provided.
Cons
This company will keep you busy - this "con" is a good one.
I Love Manpower
DIL Investor Package/Curative Associate-Relocated (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2017
I have been off and on with Manpower for many years. From Mississippi, Tennessee, Wisconsin to Minnesota. They always find me wonderful jobs at Banks, Mortgage Companies or Art Businesses. Always very professional and organized places. They try their best to fit the right person with the best position. In fact, I need to let them know I am in Arizona.
Pros
Great work environment, easy time reporting
Cons
High Recruiter turnover
Productive and sociable workplace
Palletizer, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 22, 2017
The temperature would often varied due to temperature outside.
I learned how to stack food product accordingly on wooden pallets, I've learned how to be a forklift operator, an inspector of production, as a farm hand I learned how to build cotton modules. Though my farm hand experience didn't come from the temp agency(Manpower). I can honestly say all opportunities of employment had good and fair management, I also can say that their wasn't a hard part or task from any of these job facilities, there was always an enjoyable part or task, which involved me learning something new.
Great Head Hunter/Professional HR Consultant Firm
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
ManPower assisted me with obtaining one of the best work opportunities in my lifetime. I was placed on one opportunity, which I was hired full-time after the probationary period. I gained experience that laid the foundation for my current career, Construction and Development with SunTrust Mortgage.

Sadly, this opportunity ended after a couple of years, due to the Nationwide economic downturn. However, the ManPower staff did find other placements that assisted me with similar roles during the recession.
Pros
Great with coupling experience and work opportunities
Friendly workplace
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Everyday had to unload boxes out of containers. If they needed me I would put labels on boxes in another department which was very easy. The management was fine they wouldn't push you to work too hard especially during the summer. Everyone was friendly whether it was a lead, supervisor, manager, or co-worker. Hardest part of the job was unloading containers during the summer because it can get to about 120 degrees in a container on a 100 degree day so you have to stay hydrated. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting labels on boxes because it was so easy.
Pros
Good exercise
Cons
Lay offs
Great
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 18, 2017
I learned so much from Manpower a lot of manufacturing, I came out with so many other skills that I didn't have before working for them.
They do all they can to find work for you, and put their neck out for you as well. All the Co-Worker I've worked with were amazing and so helpful. The hardest part of my job is liking a job, but it only being tempory. I enjoyed most about my job is learning new skills. There was never a job I had went on that I didn't leave with a new skill, or a better and faster way to do something. I love working for ManPower
A typical day at work
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2017
• Assisted with managing all environmental, security and safety aspects of manufacturing facility in a cost efficient manner while maintaining compliance with all federal, state and local requirements.
• Ensured the plant operated in a safe manner through policy development, training, and implementation of HSSE projects, continuous improvement and change initiatives that would enable the improvement of HSSE performance
• Reported assurance to the Head Safety Coordinator and Plant Manager that HSSE programs, policies, and expectations were effectively implemented and adhered the operating functions within the facility, and engaged the peer leaders
• Managed facility MSDS book
Great Company
Temp (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 6, 2017
I learn quickly and go about my new assignment with confidence and eagerness to learn more. So far in this company i haven't found any jobs that are hard. Manpower places each individual according to there skill set. The most enjoyable part to me is when i learn something new and can take that skill set and apply to future positions. The rep always gives you all the information you need to be prepared for the position from what to wear to how to get there.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
sometimes theres no work
Worked at Benteler Automotive through Manpower.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2017
I was sent to Benteler through Manpower. I started out on a line where I would run a tube cutter, an I.O. machine and I also made collectors that we used on the line. I did that for over 15 months than I was moved to a can weld machine. I would punch holes in cans, run a machine that etched the bar code on the part and welded
another part onto the can.
Pros
Raises every 90 days.
Cons
Took a long time to be hired into Benteler.
Good place to temp at
Temp (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 4, 2017
I was placed at two locations while working for manpower. One was uncommon schools where we walked house to house to hand out flyers for events to the parents who had children attending the school. The other location was the l3 building in camden connected to cooper hospital. While working the i worked with a scanning company called scanning america i preped the papers to be scanned. I recieved good pay while working with manpower i was paid at least 10 an hour.
Good, enjoyed my last assignment with company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoyed my assignment, had to be flexible but sometimes on clear as to what was needed due to abrupt changes. Leads weren't sure as to what changes we would incur that day because they weren't understanding themselves. Really enjoyed people i worked with on my team we helped one another
Pros
Always had pot lucks, and food ordered for us
Cons
Not knowing exactly what needed in doing work correctly
A great Place to Work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILDecember 22, 2016
I had a great experience working for Manpower. I was helped and placed through a couple different Manpower offices, and had success getting hired full-time by employers. Only thing I've noted over the years is the dwindling of contracts and the versatility of trying placements until one fits. Temp jobs used to have that, as a beautiful and attractive feature. Not so much anymore. Lack of contracts limits my ability to try different spots until I find the right one for me. Seems now... if you don't fit, your stuck or you're on the job search again.
productive and good place to work for.
Assembler Operator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 21, 2016
The company is a good company to work for,but its the clients who we work for they,re clients have no compassion for convicted felons who try to come home and turn there lives around and be a productive citzen they will keep you on as a temp all the way up to your 90 days or more then when its time to hire you in your no use to them like Jac Products,they will let u go even if your a good worker.
Pros
good assingments
Cons
being a convicted felon trying to change
Call form Dispacher.
Warehouse Worker, Packer (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 16, 2016
When dispatched to the food manufacturer, the fourman who is diected by management inform all employer in a brief summy of safety rules and conpany news. Manpower emploees must be clock in at six twenty five.

Then we are asigned are work stations, with company employee as well as manpowers employer. It feel that everyone is their to help you, as well as showing you what to do and to remind you of safety rules.

To the hardest part of the job is the fast pace, but some now we all seem to make as enjoyable as we can.
Pros
Working as team, everyone helping each other.
Cons
Working at a fast pace can make difficult sometimes
Senior Tax Manager/Instructor
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 11, 2016
Because the job is seasonal, you get out of it what you put into it. The bonuses can be very beneficial when you're a top performer; however it is many times not allotted to employees, who put in hard work for the advancement of the company.

Since the company is franchised, corporate cannot allot how bonuses are given, which oftentimes leaves many employees "slighted" or denied bonuses.

Your career is determined by the franchise owner, and his/her personal motives with little/no regulations.
Pros
Learning tax laws
Cons
Non receipt of bonuses earned; little regulation of management by corporate.
I say that it's a good company to work for. And they are very productive.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Covington, TNDecember 7, 2016
I would have to move the product around with the forklift at a normal speed. And I was always learning more about several safety rules. That is the most important thing to learn. That meaning, doing your job in the safe way will help you and the people around you. The management and the co-workers was best part of the job. We would help each other with work if needed. And we also made sure that we help the new people to help them get the hang of things. That always put a smile on a lot of faces and kept things moving. I enjoyed working for them. It was a job that I can say , I had a group of great people around me.
Pros
Free food when we meet safety goals
Front desk
CLERICAL AND FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 6, 2016
There is no typical day at work, each day is a new situation, and you meet and deal with different people. There are always interchangeable customers, internal and external in a business. Try to be on time and make everybody happy is what is expected. I have always completed my work as expected, and usually by its deadline.
Pros
You learn all kinds of different approaches at different businesses.
Cons
If you get to like the people, you still have to change work venues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.