Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 5,948 reviews matching the search
Recruiter Who Won't Work There Again
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 29, 2016
As a Recruiter there is absolutely no job security. Even more so as a Virtual Recruiter. Also there is a month or more wait in between contracts with them once a contract ends. Benefits are horrible as a Virtual Recruiter. You are usually required to work more than the 40 hour work week and all phone calls made on your personal work phone are monitored and recorded. High micro-managing, high work load and very metrics driven. Work/life balance is horrible even as a Virtual Recruiter and there are multiple recruiters working the same roles at different pay ranges and recent college graduates supervising Senior Recruiters in Senior Management roles.
Cons
High work loads, all calls are monitored and recorded and very bad benefits
was a great job
Customer Service Rep of Inbound Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2016
the job itself was amazing but the politics that went along with Bernard are somewhat lacking in the management level.

Average day was spent taking calls for all sorts of reasons and upselling all customers if possible and transferring them to the appropriate departments when necessary,

I learned that I absolutlely love the job and dealing with people. I just hated the favoritism and the drama that occurred in the Bernard workplace.

Hardest part of my job was the drama and gossip that I had to deal with in the office,

The most enjoyable was my customers. They make me happy, even the angry ones. I take it as a challenge to make my clients happy or at least satisfied.
Pros
the clients
Cons
shortened hours
Do not come here, unless your desperate
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 4, 2016
i was told that i would be making a certain amount of a shift percentage, that was not true, i was told that raises came at certain times of being on the job, not true. their on site representative was never available, he would not answer phone calls, or emails. poor service
Pros
CAN possibly help you get a good job
Cons
poor management, poor details of jobs, poor knowledge of industries they represent
They keep quality workers working at all times. Working hard pays off.
Manpower Temp (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2016
It was overall a great experience. When I needed a job and steady income they were a big help. As I began to work and recommendations from the companies and from coworkers began to pour in they moved me to the front of the line for jobs and kept me working. I have no issues, however I have plenty of praise for the business.
Pros
They are always appreciative of hard working employees, and make sure that you are taken care of in between jobs
Cons
There is a ceiling on what the employees can earn, and the payment process can sometimes be fickle, But they stick with you until you get your money, and do not waiver in their efforts are successful in taking care of their employees.
Meh
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 23, 2016
It's a Temp. Agency. I was sent to be a data entry clerk at a warehouse. On a typical day, you show up to work and key in whatever is on each pallet. Everything must be entered and precises because it's all going to be sent to the repair center. My typing skills improved...somewhat. Management was helpful as far as providing the proper equipment for back support. There was no room for advancement or raises. The worse part about the job was having to deal with the heat and the cold in an aluminum warehouse. They did provide Gatorade.....up until a certain point other than that you'd have to bring your own water.
Pros
No pros
Cons
the heat, the cold, the environment, no advancement in the work area, no raises and no appreciation
Excellent Colleagues, Confusing Chain of Command
Onsite Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 28, 2016
Manpower is an excellent company to work for. They staff their branch offices with talent that truly cares about the associate and their task-based structure is clean and efficient. However, the chain of command with regard to corporate reporting is confusing. At any given time, a staff member will report to multiple people in upper management with no clear idea as to who their direct corporate supervisor is. Communication needs work.
Pros
competitive salary, talented co-workers, excellent work/life balance
Cons
lack of communication/clarity with corporate office
You don't have room to grow
Laborer Worker (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LANovember 9, 2016
The hours are to long and the pay is not enough . After your 90 days is the only pay raise you get. You don't have room for growth , I feel for the hours we be there we should get paid more.
Pros
Friendly people and sweet employees
Cons
Long hours and not enough pay
Mostly fast paced work environment, good teamwork.
Press Operator / Core Test (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 21, 2016
Generally friendly coworkers and management, both willing to help when needed. Not recommended for those who don't like working long hours, otherwise a fine manufacturing plant to work at.
Pros
Comfortable breakroom, relatively clean work environment, generally fast paced.
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, slow downs are noticeable, particularly in press room.
Good Company
MANPOWER/ERMCO- Production Associate Assembled (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 11, 2016
Temporary, yet good job assignments. The work was challenging, and inspirational. I was even afforded the opportunity to receive First Aid/first responder, and EHS Auditor certificate training at one of the job sites. I had some great managers and co-workers on most of my assignments.
Pros
Periodic pay raises.
Cons
Bi-weekly pay periods.
Decent Company To Work For
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Daleville, INSeptember 22, 2016
The company was decent to work for. I enjoyed most of my time there. The contract though I was capped out at 10.50 an hr and there wouldn't be another raise for me so I had to find another job. They were good to me when my mother died and my pastor died the following year as well.
Pros
free merchandise and lunch
Cons
short lunches and breaks, temper tantrum customers, escalated calls
Over all- Pretty good
Order filler (Former Employee) –  Savanna, ILJuly 9, 2016
Good money can be made if your willing to work 7 days a week. Otherwise it's still above average for compensation. The largest downside is the host company's management (this is a temp agency) rarely hires it's temps no matter how good a workers performance or work ethics. Nor are you allowed to apply for any open positions while employed as a temp there. All in all, if you're just looking for a job for now, it's good. I stayed there a year as a temp.
Whats expected from a Temp or Temp to hire contract company.
Data Administrator/Entry (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 26, 2016
I was lucky enough to land a spot at Cessna for my contract. If your a on time and work hard then the company is great. Helps to get your foot in the door.
Pros
They look after the contractors if you let them know whats going on, help to get your foot in the door with a company
Cons
Benefits and its mostly Temp work
the work was fun and easy to do
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOOctober 30, 2016
the typical day at work can be fun and stressful its depend on everything. what have i learned that manpower will help you out when something bad happens. lot of work i have done some of there management was good like helping out workers come by and see how you or the other workers doing.sometimes the management are not so welcoming at all they put you somewhere you dont want to be in everyone allows have problems with other. everyone had that one worker you like and other time you dont want to be around them alot of co-workers i have worked with have rude disrespectful to other. and sometimes the workers are nice to each other. the hardest part of my job was making new friends. walking to a job and helping other out
Pros
food to and drinks are there when you need something to eat
Cons
short breaks and long lunch time
A hardworking environment with a good humored team on the line.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 13, 2016
I usually had a good day. For me its the people that make the job. In this case the people I worked with were awesome and made the day go by quick and the work was fun. I learned how to move quickly and efficiently without mistakes. The quality from me was what was expected and a lot of times more because we were always needing to exceed the usual demand for the job and I was successful at playing me role on the team to make sure fulfilled our quota and I believe for me that was the hardest part because the quota was raised due to a bigger demand for the product.
Pros
steady breaks. reasonable lunches and sometimes about once a month they would have free lunches/
Cons
low wages
Working for Manpower
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working on-site at the Honeywell plant in Phoenix, AZ. The program was a contract and we were not told this until Manpower lost the contract. They did take care of their employees and found them work at the hub in Phoenix. My overall experience working for Manpower was good. I just think that the program was mismanaged.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
The program I worked on was mismanaged and lost
Horrible
National Scanning Center (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 21, 2016
Manpower is a temp agency, but they have no plans to hire anyone on permanently. Management were always criticizing instead of uplifting and telling you what you were doing well at. The job was boring, which is just a personal opinion. Manpower were laying off employees, and ended up laying off the wrong employees. When the employee went to Manpower about the issue, they wrote it off and told HR the employee resigned, hurting their opportunity for unemployment. There was limited opportunities for advancement and pay raises.
Pros
Cons
Management, Company
Corporate culture and values are spot on!
Talent Acquisition / Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2016
Many excellent qualities about Manpower. Training and development are hard to beat, some of the benefits are great as well. Corporate leadership is intuitive and helpful
Pros
Corporate direction
Cons
communication could be better between lower level managers and executive leadership
Bad Experience for me..
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2016
I endured working for this company for 1 year, i have not been hired and there's a lot of micro managing especially with the assignment i was given, No one has advanced but the "supervisor" who make working there a nightmare, even some of my co-workers were fired from Manpower completely for just asking for a new Assignment and for even telling them about the problems inside of the assignment that we were working for, you can't even get a day off with out them threatening you about getting fired, you can only get a day off if you fall ill or have a doctors appointment, or family emergency, Then to be questioned about why you're calling off or running late every single time and being asked when your appointment was scheduled and why you're going to the hospital is crazy! if you are able to endure a tough place like i did for 1 year then go for it but otherwise Please be aware of everything about this company before you apply if you even do want to apply..
Contract work
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 11, 2016
Contracted to Dell (formerly EMC Corporation). The job is good. Minimal oversight by Manpower as Dell management handles the immediate job functions. Management and co-workers are good.
Pros
Easy going and willing to work with you on anything that comes up.
Cons
Manpower wages and benefits are inadequate.
Conagra
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 6, 2016
A typical days work consisted of working on a production line. I enjoyed this line of work and the pay was good. My experience with the management team was good as well. I would recommend anyone to apply and work for this company.
Pros
pay, work load and hours
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.