Manpower Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,498 reviews matching the search
No employee support
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2016
I worked for Manpower and the employer decided they did not like the way I looked. Came to me and told me I was being replaced by someone younger. Manpower done absolutely nothing. I am presently out of work now. I call Manpower every morning and report I am available for work and they have not supplied me with anything. They never even acknowledged that I worked on the assignment for 5 years straight with only 3 days off. Today it has been 3 months off work. I apply online to a Manpower and other companies. One of the other comments said they will call when you are on your way out the door and tell you that you are no longer needed is so true.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no support
Production Line Work
SC Johnson Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIApril 15, 2016
I did not enjoy working 12 hour days. I did the same repetitive movements all day long. It really was a boring job. I felt like I was a robot.
work enviroment was dificult at times
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2016
depending on the company , certain jobs were not in my skill set . they at times sent me on assignments for less than a week.
Pros
there were not any
Cons
no consistant work
They were helpful in some ways.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 14, 2016
I would recommend others only if you want something short term.

Most enjoyable part is meeting new people.

The hardest part about the job is leaving when I really liked the job.
Pros
Learn more about computer skills.
Cons
too low paying wanted longer term assignments
ok work place
Packer (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 14, 2016
forced to do 12 hour shifts 4-5 days a week plus work sat or sunday
i like getting paid weekly
i like communicating through emails with man power
Pros
pay
Cons
not fairto employees my boyfriend lost his job because he took workmen's comp then he lost that
convinience at the cost of fair earned wages
administration (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDApril 13, 2016
It was very nice dealing with representatives from Manpower and getting a job with no benefits and surcharge for every working hour.
Very nice people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 12, 2016
Manpower tries really hard to accommodate to place there employees to place them where they would feel comfortable. the office manager and the staff are great people,
Productive busy and fun place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 12, 2016
Fast paced and controlled chaos. I learned about the state requirement for special education. I learned scheduling multiple directors schedules and travel. Scheduling 230 students IEP and EDC's...re-evaluations and annual reviews. The most challenging part of my job was coordinating a students care team for his or her annual review or 3 year re-evaluation, The most rewarding part of my job was watching the students transition from one phase of special education to the next.
Pros
Longer lunch
Cons
Healthcare
office work
assistant girl scout leader (Former Employee) –  Elkins, ARApril 12, 2016
driving cars to the company the next day drive thur people would bid on the car that I drive thur

driving a stick was not my deal
Pros
fun and learning
Cons
don't like just standing in one place doing industrial
a temp service
Maintenance/CMM (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNApril 12, 2016
The job is different from the company itself. The job is not advancing. The company doesn't care as long as your at work so the get paid.
Fast-Paced, Friendly and Professional environment
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77018April 11, 2016
I learned alot working the differnt jobs at manpower. It was a good experience coming right out of highschool into the job force.
ok
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 10, 2016
some staff are decent. some make way too much money to do nothing but screw you around. don't deal with issues very well nor pay very well. don't try to help out those who have records.
Productive workplace
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJApril 8, 2016
I was covering for someone that was out sick. My duties were to prepare excel worksheets, scan papers for CPA, and filed papers. I learned how to use a scanner (very old fashioned) and basic concept of quickbooks. Management was very busy and didn't have much impact on their workers. The hardest part of the job was filing out the time sheets. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to order lunch with other workers.
Pros
small company, ability to order lunch with other people, nice location
Cons
didn't learn a lot
Cancellation of assignment
Administrative support positions (Former Employee) –  New London, CT 06320April 8, 2016
Manpower's cancellation of assignment was poor. They would call on the phone as you were walking out the door and say the client didn't need you anymore. Manpower was fairly consistent with continuous job placement. There was never much promise in an assignment turning into a permanent position.
Pros
Good resource interim employment
Cons
Poor employee relations techniques
assembly
Temp jobs in production and manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 7, 2016
easy job learned a lot. I worked with other people. I put lids and labels on bottles and then put the bottles in a box for shipping.
great place to learn new skills
Bilingual Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 7, 2016
big company with a lot going for it. small warehouse team but that made it easier to work one on one with people and problem solve a lot easier.
Pros
small group of people that created good friendsships
Cons
management needed a little help
good
Finance (Current Employee) –  Morgantown wvApril 7, 2016
Manpower is a good company to work for. I have been lucky enough to get a position at Mylan Pharmaceuticals through this company.
so so.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 7, 2016
Not the best job, doidnt really like being cussed out every ho of the day by customers. but i supoose it could have been worse.
I enjoyed working for Manpoer
Benefits Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2016
Awesome place to work Great team environment, weekly pay, overall management is there for its employees. Great compensation
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Temporary Assignments
It all depends on where they send you.
Dumper (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 7, 2016
I was sent to Conagra Foods in Dothan which was great. I usually was at the back of a big roaster pushing product through and conveyer belt. Many co-workers were very helping and others no so much being that I mostly worked with other temporary workers. The supervisor of Manpower workers at the time was very uptight about a lot. Anything Conagra supervisors told us was ok to do, she would fire people for doing and it could have been the smallest thing. The hardest part of the job was just not knowing really what you will be doing the next day because you are filling spots for people who are not coming in the next day or have been fired. The most enjoyable part of the job was really just doing what i had to do which was easy, because I was by myself for 8-12 hours a day.
Pros
Getting paid every week with hours that you would be able to hold out until next pay period.
Cons
Short breaks, rude supervisors and not many helping co-workers.