Manpower Employee Reviews

Found 6,339 reviews matching the search
Whats expected from a Temp or Temp to hire contract company.
Data Administrator/Entry (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 26, 2016
I was lucky enough to land a spot at Cessna for my contract. If your a on time and work hard then the company is great. Helps to get your foot in the door.
Pros
They look after the contractors if you let them know whats going on, help to get your foot in the door with a company
Cons
Benefits and its mostly Temp work
Not a horrible job but also not a great job
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 28, 2016
the pace that was required was raised to an almost unmanageable level which considering a lot of judgement calls were required on the parts made it all but impossible to catch all the mistakes
temp assignment
Distribution (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 21, 2017
worked for 1 year offer college paid good. no pay raise in one year? temp assignment. no insurance for almost one year because they did not send me info
Manpower
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 10, 2016
Support HR management in job placement of employees. Maintain files, answer phones. I enjoyed helping people complete resumes. Overall working for this company was okay, but no room for advancement.
Its alright. Not the best.
Manual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIFebruary 27, 2017
It's an ok place to work. I would go through them if I'm desperate for money. They put you in work environments that really really suck. Jobs that most people won't do. So I guess there is alot of work to be done. It also pays low for the amount of work done. You feel extremely tired and broke still even after a 10hr to 12hr day. I usually don't recommend this place unless I don't know you. Not my first pick.
Pros
Always enough work to go around
Cons
Lots of work, but very low pay, no benefits
Monotonous
Packager/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Security work is very boring and the pay was very low with small raises given. Not something I would consider ever doing again.
Decent Company To Work For
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Daleville, INSeptember 22, 2016
The company was decent to work for. I enjoyed most of my time there. The contract though I was capped out at 10.50 an hr and there wouldn't be another raise for me so I had to find another job. They were good to me when my mother died and my pastor died the following year as well.
Pros
free merchandise and lunch
Cons
short lunches and breaks, temper tantrum customers, escalated calls
Very Unpredictable
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater, PAMarch 15, 2017
Working through manpower can be a great to get work when you need it. The downside is that the campaigns are very unpredictable. You can be laid off before you have acquired enough working hours to receive unemployment benefits. This happened to me right before Christmas one year and was very difficult to bounce back. Overall it still is a great option due to their commitment to employee safety, and they also pay weekly.
Great
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 27, 2017
Love this job my manager was phenomenal very understanding very family-oriented. Easy work very busy day some very slow days. , my only complaint is it took my boss's boss forever to approve us to get our benefits we are promised after 90 days. I was there 8 months and have finally just gotten approved for benefits before I left to pursue a different job opportunity
Pros
Great branch manager
Bad Experience for me..
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2016
I endured working for this company for 1 year, i have not been hired and there's a lot of micro managing especially with the assignment i was given, No one has advanced but the "supervisor" who make working there a nightmare, even some of my co-workers were fired from Manpower completely for just asking for a new Assignment and for even telling them about the problems inside of the assignment that we were working for, you can't even get a day off with out them threatening you about getting fired, you can only get a day off if you fall ill or have a doctors appointment, or family emergency, Then to be questioned about why you're calling off or running late every single time and being asked when your appointment was scheduled and why you're going to the hospital is crazy! if you are able to endure a tough place like i did for 1 year then go for it but otherwise Please be aware of everything about this company before you apply if you even do want to apply..
If a New Job is Needed Go to Manpower.
Clerk / Receptionist / Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 3, 2017
They had a wide variety of temporary and temp-to-perm positions and were very supportive of their temps in general. The clients they contracted with were better employers than those using other agencies.
Pros
Easy Assumption of an Assignment / New Job / Benefits After Required Number of Hours
Cons
Temporary Nature of Most Work
culture was different a lot of different languages.
Human Resources Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 25, 2016
The hardest part of this job for me was the fact that everyone thought their job was their job and training was not given fairly.A typical work day was never discovered. Most co-workers seemed nice. The hardest part of the job was training to learn the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to learn it.The management were great in general. I learned that Management has to play a large role in being proactive in the day to day logistics of any position.
Awesome workplace
Receptionist/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Manpower Staffing is a energetic agency, the company would keep the employers updated on new employment. Working for manpower gave me opportunities to grow and find long term employment. Manpower is one of the fast growing temporary agency with great professional management
Pros
Great pay
Fun, laid back, productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oregon, OHNovember 7, 2016
I worked Monday through friday , sometimes weekends & good hours & overtime. I assembled car parts for Toyota and Honda. I learned how to count the car parts, scan the bar code letting them know it was counted, pact & readyvro be shipped out. Management was good, I loved they worked with you & helped you when you needed the help. My coworkers where fun & entergtic, the time would fly by and we wouldn't even know it. There really wasnt anything hard about my job. I loved everything about my job.
Pros
Sit down or stand up, you can choose. Leave on our lunch break to a restaurant, pot lucks
Great place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 23, 2017
It is a temp agency, they work on finding a job for you, I liked it since it gave me a chance to accept a position or turn it down.
I had the opportunity to work in different settings.
You do have to stay on top of management though, they aren't the best at getting back to people,
Pros
variety of jobs
Cons
sometimes no jobs are available
Always got rave reviews from the clients I worked for so no complaints
Disassembling Technician (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 5, 2016
A typical day varied. I worked at a bunch of companies. But I could tell you the environments were extremely adherent to safety. I enjoyed the work. And the people at all the assignments I went to were great which made the days easier no matter what the job was. Hard part I guess would be is adjusting to new environments and keeping up with the pace. But that was part of the fun for me.

As far as advancement, not quite sure exactly, how to put it, but the companies will hire if you do your job.
Pros
It kept me consistently working for the past 3 years, the companies I worked for had some great people
Cons
Not enough money
It's all about the numbers
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 15, 2017
Expect overtime to fill customer orders as needed. My learning experience varied. I worked for several areas across the country and had numerous managers. Training is helpful. It was meaningful to help people find work. The hardest part of the job was to find work for those playing the system and they don't show up for the first day.
Pros
Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Working with dishonest people
Customer Service Driven, Opportunity to advance, and Decent work environment
Savings Catcher Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 14, 2016
This is a perfect starter job. The pay is decent and the hours aren't at all grueling. We are considered third party company so we were really not allowed to interact with Walmart associates and we could not participate in any activities with them. So if they were having some sort of lunch we were not allowed to join. But overall this is a great job to start a good career.
Simple work, not a career.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, MONovember 6, 2016
I'm not going to be extremely thorough of this company because they are a temporary agency. Although they promote the idea of temp to hire I found that a bit hard to believe with both of my assignments. I put fourth great effort and had a positive attitude through out both assignments but was ever offered a full position with either company unfortunately.
Pros
Quick work assignment
Cons
Low pay, temp work, no benefits
Exciting temporary position with great management and coworkers
SMT Support (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 26, 2016
I was on a temporary assignment with a great company. My duties were to assist the SMT (surface mount technology). I would receive in the tape and reels for inventory, count remaining components left on the reel and then assign them to a location in inventory. I would also change out feeders with new reels so that production could continue.
Everyone I worked with was wonderful and very helpful. Management was great. Never an issue with being able to go in and talk to them, what ever the subject may be.
Pros
I continuously learned new thing daily and they always made me feel apart of the team
Cons
I knew going in that this was just a temporary assignment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manpower. Our community is ready to answer.