Manpower

5.9K reviews

Manpower Employee Reviews

What people are saying about Manpower

• Weekly pay
  • A lot of factory temp jobs
  • Short-term assignments
  • See more...
Found 4,313 reviews matching the search
productive fun adventure
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and employees within organization.
Greet clients entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
Answer phones, take message and forward calls to requested staff.
Communicate, analyze data, and or transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
Hear and forward complaints from customers, to management.
Initiate orientation and registration of clients for work activity and job searches.
Career planning, such as having knowledge of EFM, community partners & resources.
Knowledge of the Choices Assessment program and client orientations.
Use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Dealt with over 100+ clients per day at a fast paced environment and multi-tasking.
Remain courteous and maintained a professional manner at all times.
Productive and safe work environment with various companies.
Production Helper (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2013
A typical day working for Manpower includes working hard, fast, and all day. You can expect to sweat it out and have a blast making new aquaintances at factories mostly. The hardest part of my job was knowing how to not work too hard or too fast. You dont want to burn out. But the coworkers at every turn were helpful and courteous to me the whole way. I would have to say that the best part was getting to learn new skills that I can use in any career I pursue.
Pros
occational company celebrations for all man power employees ie. employee apreciation day, they provide health insurance options, the hours keep you busy, learn new skills you can take with you to other jobs.
Cons
it is a temp agency so expect to get layed off a lot, companies that ask for you through manpower often only want you to fill a temporary need, not all the jobs are in the same area.
ManPower Fed Ex Package Handling
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJanuary 3, 2015
Working for Fed Ex during the holidays was a fast pace experience for me , which required me to learning alot of interesting information in a short period of time. My seasonal work schedule were for only ten days, and every morning I had to arrive at 6:00A.M. for a four hour shift. Handling, Scanning, and organizing heavy packages on the conveyer belts was a primary duty of mine as a package handler. Especially around 9:00 A.M. when packages from the storage bins/Trucks must be unloaded at fast pace to be shipped out at a reasonable time. After we unloaded all the packages, I must check the conveyer belts for any packages that were not being shipped out. Placing the packages back on the conveyer belt to be relable, and restocked. Management broke down details of what our work load entails. The hardest part of thee job was weekends, when business packages were not suppose to be shipped out. The most enjoyable part was that Fed Ex is an exciting learning experience for me
Pros
four hour shift
Cons
only non business days
Most day were ok
pleater operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 9, 2014
go in a 6 turn machine on to warm up I enjoyed running the pleaders at Millipore I liked running them I was great at that job for what I was told. I had very little mistake my paper work was great. The only other place they put me at was in packaging with I loved as well. Total years employed through temp services was ( I believe over 2 years)
Management- I have seen good and bad! I got along with everyone that I worked with.
I didn't find anything to hard just a lot of repetitive motion. I thing that is why I liked the pleader so much you are always moving and looking around.
Most enjoyable part of the job is just going to a 40 plus hour work week and seeing a smile on people face everyday!
Pros
need to keep up with the flow
Cons
sometimes it is hard depending on the equipment you are working on
Quiet independant job place
Bio-finisher (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater, PAJuly 4, 2014
Working overnight there was a parking lot that held over 500 cars. I would park my car and walk to the building that I worked at. I would have to change out of my clothes and into this suit that would keep all the outside germs outside and the inside germs inside. My job was to inspect all of the vaccine vials and make sure that there were no discrepancies. If there were then I would seperate them from the ones without particles.
What I have learned is that when inspecting the vials you need to make sure that you dont fall asleep cause it can get boring, make sure you do not miss anything in the vials, and if you get tired let someone know so that they can let you take an eye break.
Management they were there just incase you had questions, this job is very repeatitive.
The hardest part of this job would be that you needed to get enough rest to make sure that your eyes do not get tired for inspecting the vials.
The most enjoyable part of this job would be that it is very easy.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
easy to get tired
i have so much fun working with my co-workers because there's no discrimination at all and i love to work in the place specially when overtime comes
Production operator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJuly 13, 2013
i used to work for almost 4 years in xyratex under manpower agency, i work swingshift assembling drives, testing chassis, configuring and packing, one thing that i like with our supervisor is that he let me do not only in one stuff, he wants me to be flexible and streghten out our ability at work, the hardest part of the job and i thought that i couldn't do it is that when they moved me to warranty section but through believing and trust to myself and ofcourse listening and following instruction of the job would really help to keep my job better, i love my co workers cause there's no discrimination at all and also my supervisor coz he treated his people as equal to everybody.
Pros
free launches sometimes if we realy did a good job
Cons
healthcare
It was decent. Could have been better.
Contractor at P&G (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJune 27, 2013
It was not the greatest. I worked 12.5 hour swing shifts. Which was really not that bad but I did it for 8 months. Most of the people were nice people to work with, Besides some of the Team Leaders. But over all it was not a bad place to work. I worked from 7am/pm to 7:30pm/am and I had four breaks a shift. Unless i was busy and behind. Then I would only take one to two breaks a shift. I learned how to drive a forklift and a clamp truck and a tugger. I drove one everyday that I worked. I also learned how to work according to the time. Unless something went wrong. My co-workers were pretty good. Most of the people were nice, except the people that were half asleep. The hardest part of my job, was when something went wrong. Because when something went wrong during my job it made a really big mess. The most enjoyable part of my job was driving the forklifts and clamp trucks, The fork lift and clamp truck are the something just different front pieces.
Pros
got four lunches a shift.
Cons
20 minute breaks, and swing shifts
Temporary per diem postion -
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTSeptember 27, 2012
Fast paced enjoyable environment, everyone helping each other out. The importance of always watching and forever checking the before and after products, how the temperature from one freezer would effect the pressure of the two other freezers and how the fill was affect by the level of product in the fruit feeder. How important it is to react quickly and safely when something happens ( and FO in product, back-up of pints, lids catch in feeder) can save a lot of waste. Management was always there to help when needed and resolve issues. Co-workers always made sure new people understood and were ready to help out when ever needed or had time. Hardest part of job was knowing it would end. Getting to know everyone and learning the jobs well enough to be able to help out when ever needed or if I had time.
Pros
free ice cream, no travel time, overtime, breaks enforced
Cons
the job ended
Filler/Packer at Baxter Healthcare
Filler (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCOctober 19, 2015
a typical day at work at Baxter's Healthcare consists of repetitive movements while you fill/pack I.V. bags. I've learned that team work is a must in an environment like this. My co-workers were mostly helpful but there's always going to be the ones who are not. The hardest part of my job was being sent to a different area and being expected to keep up with others when I didn't have enough training. Also, the hardest part, was to have to "prove" my competence for so long and not be able to get hired on permanently while they hired others straight through and they had no idea what they were doing. (which is the reason I left ) The most enjoyable part is knowing my hard work always paid off and I was helping people to live their lives and get the supplies the needed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of standing but I always managed!
Was an intitution for a variety of jobs
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2015
My job was as a lunch lady in a high school. I cooked and prepped food for 2,300. We served for two breakfast and two lunch periods. Everything was teamwork and communication and there was always some kind of job needed to be done. I learned how much work those ladies put into their jobs and how much dedication you must put in to have all that food done on time. Manger was a nice woman and she worked her hardest to communicate well to us. Co-workers all had opposing personalities but they all still had to work together to get the job done therefore I did not have much of a problem with them. It was hard being thrown in the kitchen and not knowing how to work the ovens or how to make certain foods and sometimes I struggled getting answers at times. However I did enjoy working in a fast pace and cleaning.
Productive: Always trying to obtain the best people for the job.
Supervisor-( Target Distribution Center) (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Currently, work is 4:00P.M.- 2:00 A.M. Tuesday- Friday.
I have learned a lot while working at the Target Distribution Center, under Manpower. I have learned a lot about how to manage people that I am over and how that differs from leading people in the Military. Management at Manpower is great. They do fine job hiring people who are willing to work hard and maintain a high level of respect for everyone while they are working. My co-workers are always respectful and are will to share tips to make the job easier on everyone. We all work well as a team. The hardest part of my job would be the long hours on my feet. The best part of my current job is learning something new on a daily basis. I daily get to learn something new about myself, and those who I am over.
Pros
i am able to be home with my family everyday.
Cons
short breaks for the hours i work. sometimes get sent home early, not enough work to be done.
Temp agency, assigned to different places as they are available
Temp-worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 28, 2013
They were very quick at finding a position to start right after applying, most of it was seasonal work with no chance of getting hired on, or just short term day by day work at different factories that were behind or needed extra help to get their work completed. You don't need to have any experience to work in most of the places they work with, and with the companies that work with manpower for seasonal work that's available for a period of time every year, they can request that manpower call people that had worked there and done well they year before. You get paid weekly, on a pay card so your money is available Thursday nights at midnight.
Pros
you get to experience different types of jobs, pay is usually pretty good...the least i made through them was 8.50 and hour.
Cons
its not a permanent job, some end without any notice.
Unless you want to feel worse about being unemployed, dont go here.
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CaJanuary 23, 2013
I had been applying everywhere with no avail and then Manpower called me. I want to mention that I have my AA and have had a steady career as an admin asst in the Hort industry. The job I got called for was for a Vitamin Company in Scotts Valley. The hours are awful, the pay is awful and the supervisor, as well as permanent staff, treat you like garbage. It was hard to swallow my pride and make $8 a day simply twisting on caps. When I explained to Manpower that while I respected they found me a job for some temporary income, this was not my forte. They SAID they would look for something else, but I later overheard, that this particular company was their ONLY client. So, all hope was lost and I have left Manpower. Their staff is also very unfriendly.
Cons
cheap pay, no training
I reported to the onsite supervisor.
Consultant/Assignment Employee (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2014
At International Paper in Memphis, Tennessee: I reconciled open invoices in the Food Service Division. I learned that cleaning up old messes can be tedious. I was a temp worker, therefore, most people didn't even acknowledge my existence. No one was rude just busy. Knowing that I did not plan to be there any longer than I had to be made it hard to build any lasting relationships with co-workers. I was brought in to clean up a big pile of over due invoices, and I was given the liberty to track down and research deliveries and claimed payments as well as contradicted contract terms. In the Global Supply chain department my assignment was not nearly as much fun. I performed data entry and reported compilations in the form of a box car report.
Pros
regular breaks
Cons
it wasn't where i wanted to be
The working environments were positive; which increase my confidence in the assignments offered. I really enjoyed working for Manpower.
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2012
1. Report to the work site, perform daily tasks, complete time sheet and submit it at the end of the week.

2. Duplication techniques, how to make customized forms, shrink wrapping, processing UPS and Federal Express online, preparation and typing legal cases for the circuit courts and updating the legal libruary.

3. Management was cooperative and provided assistance when needed.

3. Co-workers were respectful and courteous.

4. The most difficult part of the job was duplicating last minute orders that required working at a fast pace and long hours under high pressure.

5. Being invited to holiday celebration during work hours, meeting new people and the festive atmosphere.
Pros
the opportunity to perform a variety of task
Cons
employment gaps
Review from the past and recent
Shirt-Printing Artist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 26, 2012
I've been working with Manpower since 2006.
The first people I worked with were serious enough for a person like me who was looking for a summer job.
The second year 2007 I found an ad at my community college for a nice position and the ad directed me to contact Manpower in Schaumburg. I started with a different position than the one in the ad... However I was happy with what i had and did not demand an explanation to why Manpower recruiters lied to me.
2008 and 2009 I was lied to on multiple occasions but I still forhabe. 2010 and 2011 were the most difficult years working with Manpower. I constantly told them the range where is my preference for work and they kept calling me with offers from outside that range...just to ditch me.
Pros
sometimes have work for you right away
Cons
sloppy, lazy, non professional recruiters come in to replace the profess
A very helpful company when looking for employment.
"DLS" Direct Line Support (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOOctober 30, 2013
Arrive at 7am for the start up meeting were you learn all the new posts of job openings to updated safty matters.7:30am we are all asigned to our set locations on the Proctor & Gamble site. Management comes around often to check that everything is all right and if you need any help with your particular task.We break at 9am 12pm 2pm and 4pm in break rooms or set smoke areas for all employees. The hardest part of the day happens if the line isn't running correctly then the work that is required to do is now doubled. It all pays off because the weekly check is what keeps you going.
Pros
12 hour shifts with lots of o.t. most of the time.
Cons
only four thirty min.breaks for the 12 hour shift
Dead End
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Medford, WIApril 9, 2013
I worked for manpower assigned to a local cheese production plant. I worked here for over a year. i was told it was full time when i recieved the job and only reached 40 hours 3 times in that year. I was released from the assignment because i injured my neck off the job and had a 3 month work restriction. i was still able to work but unable to work on the assembly line which was not my job description to begin with. i was told employees get hired onto the assigned company after 6 months. not one person was hired on while i worked there and some employees where there for over 3 years without even the notion of being hired on. Often times they would lie about rules and change policys to the immediate circumstances. on numerous occations i had to retrieve a rule book and point out the error in there way, and this often ended with myself recieving a warning for insubordination.
A great place to work in between jobs.
Clerical / Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Manpower Temp Agency is a great place to work while you are in search of a permanent job. I gained vast knowledge in the field of convention registration and great typing skills. I used my years of customer service experience and gained more respect for assisting those new to an event and how to give directions and assist customers/clients in every possible way.

The work was very busy and time passed so fast because there is always something to do on a temporary assignment I enjoyed working with and for different people and cultures. I loved the diversity of working at different locations and with people from all walks of life.
Pros
When working conventions you see things you wouldn't if you weren't working or invited to attend
Cons
No set daily schedule so some days no lunch or breaks and no benefits
Laid off after only a few weeks working there.
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 10, 2015
They hired about three people and myself at the same time saying that they were looking far and wide for people to fill the "many" open positions they had. Though to my dismay they laid off most of all their employees at the warehouse I had only just started working at. They had me employed for less then a month before they let me go after making seem like they were going to have work for me for quite a while. Not to mention when the day that they had been laying off people they didn't even bother to let me know so I had shown up to work only to be told to leave by security and when I called the Manpower office they also told me they had no inattention of laying me off and told me to just keep going to work, just to be told the following monday I was supposed to be laid off the week before. So I would only recommend working for Manpower if you want to only have a job for month before you're back to looking for a job again.
Pros
none.
Cons
horrible management.