Mansfield Oil Company Employee Reviews in United States

Former Employee
Sales (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 17, 2015
Way too much favoritism. Unreasonable management. If you can't brown nose then you don't belong here. Please don't waste your time.
Friendly environment
Logistics Analyst / CSR for DEF (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2015
I believe Mansfield makes a good point to hire people who will seem to work with the teams well, which is very good as it makes working much easier when you can easily get along with someone.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Some of the management
Horrible Place to Work
Fleet Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 13, 2015
Upper Level Management does not support the employees.
H/R covers for Upper Level Management and lets unethical things happen all the time.
Co-workers are a good group of people.
The hardest part of the job is that it never ends. 24/7/365.
Good Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 25, 2015
Great Company to work for overall.
In my area asking questions weren't responded to by my Supervisor and Co-Workers with more seniority and much less knowledge were referred to me to ask question to because I was the newest employee. The Co-Workers didn't have a clue what some of the answers were so I had to get them on my own. My Supervisor would not respond to questions.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Politics and expressing views or asking questions not very open
Don't believe every review
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 15, 2015
There have been many positive reviews put here recently in the past few months that are coming directly from upper management and executives.

The negative reviews on this company are completely accurate.

This company is extremely unethical and blind to what is causing the high turnover rate.

The only department that I think has any worth is the HR department. The group understands the frustrations of the employees however their hands are tied with most instances because most complaints have nothing to do with employment laws.

While working at Mansfield I did learn quite a few things while at MOC and I am grateful for that. I did not think highly of management but there's nothing I could do about it when the boss and the boss's boss are weekend boating buddies. Most of the coworkers were extremely unpleasant to be around and basically snobbish. The hardest part of my job was biting my tongue. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I walked out the front door on my last day.
Pros
Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5
Cons
Thanksgiving lands on a Thursday.....Please work from home -Management
Lots of Development Opportunity and a Fun Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleApril 9, 2015
I have been at Mansfield for 2 years and it has been a very positive experience. I know many of the reviews here are negative, but I have to say this company is aware of its' weaknesses and is trying to fix them. That is one of the reasons why I like working here, they see a problem - they try to fix it instead of ignore the issue.

I have to agree that the long hours are embraced here, but it is definitely not required. I choose to work late, I am not forced to, and I don't do it all the time. Upper Management is actually great - not everyone - but especially the CEO. Michael Mansfield is a great guy and is very humble, he loves his employees and the company.

This is a great place to learn, if you don't want to move up in the organization and learn a LOT, then you might not be fit for the culture. It is very fast paced and there is always innovation going on at all times.

The benefits are really nice, especially the tuition reimbursement, scholarship, volunteer day off, and free gym. Pay is OK, pretty much right at what the market pays, and vacation is fair.

Overall, Mansfield is a great place to work is you are willing to put up with a fast paced environment, you can handle the growing pains (some of the things mentioned here in other reviews), and want to learn/grow within the industry.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, Free Gym, Health benefits are affordable, Yearly Bonus, Work/Life Balance is OK, compensation is OK
Cons
management needs some more training (lower level management mostly), minimal holidays (6 total), steep learning curve
Fast paced high growth place to work with great people and awesome customers
President (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 31, 2015
Mansfield is a rapidly growing business in a the huge trillion dollar energy industry with operations across the US and Canada. The company is going through a transition from scrappy up and comer to established industry leader after adding nearly a billion dollars in new sales per year for the past 7 years. This transition is leading to less seat of your pants decision making and management and to more structured process and procedures. Employees who love the start up like environment of very demanding hours with huge highs but sometimes equally large lows may not like the transition, but those that crave more predictable work with more manageable hours and more structure to their job will love it. Despite maturing the place is still rapidly growing and promotes mostly from within so upward mobility is good with new management and leadership positions all the time. One downside to all this rapid promotion is that with lots of new managers some are learning on the job and are not as polished as all employees would like. Despite this challenge the company believes providing employees with these first leadership opportunities is the right way to develop the best team overall and that it is the right way to reward and motivate employees with the talent and drive to succeed.
Pros
high growth, financially stable, frequent promotions, great customers
Cons
demanding work, some long hours
Great place to work - training could improve
Adminsitrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville GaMarch 12, 2015
It is a very fast paced environment - therefore many managers do not have time to thoroughly train employees. Employees become sucessful if they figure out a resource to assist them with things they need to learn to do their job better. If you are an entry level person - the challenges are greater. You must rely on your department co-workers, I.T. and the admin staff to assist you. The I.T. department guys are very helpful on equipment but I often relied on the company admin staff to assist with Microsoft issues - otherwise I had to google how to use certain aspects of the various programs. I was partially considered part of the admin staff but I did not report to the admin manager therefore - I fell behind the other admins over time - compared to the newer admins that were managed by admin manager. The admin team's comrodery was impressive and I may have been able to stay with the company had I had a manager that would teach me more. There is never a slow day - bordom does not exist in this compnay. It is every day that you realize it is time to go home and you feel like you just walked in the door. The upper level management is great and tries their best to interact with employees and they appear to appreciate everyone's efforts. Mid level managers for 50% of the departments lack management skills - but the other 50% have great qualities that help the company continue to grow. If you are a slow learner and are not comfortable learning on your own - this is not the company for you. But otherwise, it a great place to work, stable, good benefits, freindly people and many have  more... an open door policy - even the CEO.  less
Pros
the people and upper managemnt
Cons
the fast pace - no time to enjoy your accomplishments.
re-dispatcher
Re-dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Mansfield is a great company some of the issues is the management there. My supervisor was not helpful. I love the work I do and helping our customer.
Pros
christmas bonus and other benefits
Productive, fast paced work place.
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2014
• Supported the DEF customer service group with direct customers service and distribution network throughout the U.S.
• Supported the Mansfield DEF department via multiline phone system, taking incoming calls regarding placement of order and/or possible problems with delivery.
• Monitored sites and placed orders when necessary. Providing proactive responses to avoid logistic issues.
• Routed and coordinated deliveries with a nationwide network of distributors; providing the most cost effective and efficient deliveries benefiting both client and company.
• Assisted invoicing team with billing and correction of any errors that may occur within that process.
• Error rate of bill processing > 1%.
• Constant problem solving and use of analytical skills; highly effective trouble shooting skills to provide exceptional customer service and timely arrival of product.
Brown Nosing at its Finest!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 18, 2014
This place is almost a replica of the movie "Office Space". If you aren't a butt kisser then this place is not for you. Supervisors have their "favorites" and if you aren't stuck so far up your supervisor's butt that you can tell what he/she had for breakfast then you might as well search for another job. Coworkers will refuse to do their work causing you to do double. When you confront your supervisor over 7 times in a 3 month period nothing gets done about it. Requesting off for Black Friday or Christmas Eve 1 year in advance does not mean a thing when the "favorite" wants to have off those days. The "Open Door" policy is just for looks....it's not really there. No one in any department knows what any one else's responsibilies are and no one takes responsibility for anything. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Stupid emails regarding the quality of the light roast coffee seem to be more important than anything. The Executive Assistant to the owner thinks she runs the place....she's just a secretary. You have to formally request for I.T. to do their job. The websites are always down and the systems are slow. The programs are less than par. I could go on and on.....
Pros
the dark roast coffee
Cons
pay vs duties, communication, favoritism, nepotism
Company & executive management are wonderful
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 3, 2014
Mansfield is a great company. They love their employees, and reward them for hard work.
worst compnay ever
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Management is horrible, company moral is low, pay isnt't comparable to work, benefits expensive
Worst company I have ever been
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 18, 2014
All the negative reviews here are very true. There is a 'bully' culture (I was yelled in the face by an employee on my first week and my boss said it was normal). You will feel a detrimental stress from day 1 that will consume your every energy.
Complete favoritism: don't mess with 'the boy's club'.
Management has super high expectations and then 'you have to figure it out'. Truth is, they give no other tools and you end up feeling frustrated, worthless and then quit.
The company has outrageous turnaround, specially the technology team (don't go there).
You won't really get anywhere unless you live and die on that company. Work-life balance is the worst I have ever seen.
Worst place ever to work!
Hard worker unappreciated and under paid (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 7, 2014
I Would Highly Recommend You To Stay Away! The management Is Horrible And The Executives Have No earthy Idea What Is Going On! Favoritism Is An Understatement! They Don't Care About The Employees And Talk To You In The Most Disrespectful Way Ever! The Fleet Department Is Full Of Hypocrites Just As Account Managers As Well. If You Are Seeking Advancement OR Think You Will Make Decent Money, Please Seek Elsewhere! Every Year Your Pay Cycle Will Change And Your Checks Will Get Lower And Lower! The Bonuses Are A Joke...Especially When They Are All Different. But You Can Count On Management And Their Favorites Getting The Highest Amount!
Pros
me quitting!
Cons
pay, messy management, lack of management skills, drama in the work place, excuses, lies, and no one takes fault for anything
challenging at times - lots of room to move up if you have the incentive
Manager of Supply and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Fast paced highly corporate type atmosphere. Takes a while to get used to the different departments (there are many). Some social events to encourage team building. Lots of ways to advance by volunteering for process improvement type committees etc. This does require after hours commitment. Overall a pleasant place to work.
Pros
friendly fast paced atmosphere
Cons
high employee turnover
Transportation Dept.
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Gainesville GaDecember 15, 2013
I cant speak for other departments,but you hear the same things throughtout. Transportation is definitly a "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" environment.If you're not in the click, forget about advancement or bonuses.
Numerous broken promises in this department yet they expect you to always step up when called on. Let's face it. If you work in this department, just go in, turn a blind eye, close your ears, and definitly dont ask questions that might clarify processes, yet undermine your superior.
I was told by current employee, that if you could work for certain people in this department, you would be ok. "Guess I found out the hard way"
Pros
good coffee and benefits
Cons
work hours, no lunches, pay low for responsibilities, credibility of management
Horrible Upper Management
Transportation (Current Employee) –  GADecember 4, 2013
The co-workers are great but the upper management is oblivious to the work load and employee moral, wanting you to work 10+ hours a day though getting paid salary for 8. The company is planning on "implementing" new technology so they can keep the same amount of workers and quadrople the work load. Stay away.
Pros
co - workers
Cons
everything else
The accounting department was restrictive.
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 18, 2013
The accounting department was oppressive. We were required to work 8 hours without talking. They even refused to allow us to listen to music via head earphones. There was no opportunity for advancement. Reviews were sent back to managers to downplay an employees accomplishments. Quarterly meetings informed us of the great job we were doing and that we were moving up the Forbes Ladder, yet there was never any money for raises.
Pros
competitive benefits
Cons
the accounting department employees were treated very unfairly compared to the other departments
Significant turnover and management does not care
Generic (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 7, 2013
Stay away from this company if you are looking to grow. This is a great place for someone who is seeking a position that they can stay in for the duration of their career. Co-workers are nice, but management is very open with their desire that you work hard with little investment in training or tools to do your job. Most newcomers become frustrated and leave within a year of their start date. The company turned over a fourth of its employees in the last year and there have been no significant changes by management to address this very real problem. Nepotism also runs rampant within the company. Again, it's fine if you want to finish your career in the same chair you started in; but that is much different than what is being sold to new recruits.
Pros
most co-workers are friendly, great location if you live northeast of atlanta
Cons
lack of growth, investment or caring of its employees; lack of accountability in management

2.8