Mansfield Oil Company Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for; great leadership.
Sales Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Mansfield. The leadership made employees feel appreciated. They seem to genuinely seek input from employees. There was opportunity for advancement,great benefits, and a productive environment.
Woork Life
Logistics Analyst/Carrier Relations (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 22, 2017
This company is merely a stepping stone company. Mansfield does not care about employees needs or family life. The work load is just too intense. Managers are not very educated and company does not promote enough from within.
Pros
coffee
Cons
everything else.
Productive company, job security low.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 18, 2017
I learned a lot about my craft there. Plenty of work.
Job security was bad because the company has such a high turnover, most people don't last. Some of the technology way out of date, which slowed things a bit. I was lucky to obtain this job, even though it was temporary.
Pros
Nice folks there.
Cons
No job security.
Strong leadership with old white men mentality
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 28, 2017
Solid company with great aspiration. Only drawbacks are missing fringe benefits and the execs at top have old school white men mentality.
Attempts have been made to reach out to the remote offices and to do family events each year.
Pros
Get a paid day off work to volunteer
Cons
Falling short of fringe benefits
Good job security. Terrible co-workers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 21, 2017
Its a solid company in a strong industry. Lacks innovation. Started a new program although it was unfinished, adding double the work for all employees until it is completed. Workload is extremely heavy and you must continue to perform at a high level despite not being allowed to work OT. Management is not helpful or understanding. People are very rude and you will spend most of your day fighting out of your corner as people are constantly snatching for pieces of you. Company does not listen or take action on employee concerns. No real culture besides work to death and be perfect at all times. Turn over rate is extremely high because of the unrealistic expectations of a ridiculous work load.
Pros
Salary, job security, room for advancement
Cons
No culture, rude co-workers, brown nosing, unrealistic expectations, extreme workload, no employee appreciation
This company operates in a political realm.
Freight Payables (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I worked at Mansfield years ago and was fairly new to the corporate world. I quickly learned that politics play a key role in one's success there.
Pros
Decent pay to employees.
Cons
This company is very political and if you're not with the "in" group, you will struggle.
Great job, poor management
Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Mansfield always promised things, such as promotions to get you to work harder, and would always fall through on there end. The Management at this company is terrible (with the exception of a select few). Money was great, loved my job personally, but the supervisors made everyday there your worst nightmare.
Pros
great benefits, and pay
Cons
no growth, poor managment
Extremely stressful and demanding but good
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 18, 2017
High demand customer related business, review of pricing always top priority, good customer service and experienced people to answer questions, daily reports
Pros
Lunch, good to employees, benefits
Cons
Supervisors, being placed in jobs that did not ask for, etc.
Poor place to work
LTL Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 17, 2017
Mansfield is a horrible place to work. There is no live/work balance and they do not care about your family life. The benefits are poor and when injured the benefits department was unwilling to help.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, hostile environment
Old school mentality company but fast pace
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 16, 2016
Company has long time employees (over 25 years) so most are set in their ways. The plus is that there is always someone to ask and use as a resource.
great place to gain experience
SR Operations Specialist (Assistant to Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 12, 2016
great place to gain experience, there many different roles can try to branch off to. They have everything from accounting, to finance, to tax department.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
work/life balance
Overall great place to work
Inventory Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 31, 2016
Great environment, promotes healthy lifestyle, and amazing employee incentives. The hardest part of the job is the down time and the most enjoyable part is the learning new aspects of what I do and being able to train with other departments.
Pros
Employee incentives and benefits
Cons
Atmosphere can be very quiet at times.
Former Employee
Sales (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 17, 2015
Way too much favoritism. Unreasonable management. If you can't brown nose then you don't belong here. Please don't waste your time.
Cons
Good place if you are starting out
Invoicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 2, 2015
Manfield is a good learning company. If you are straight out of college and do not have a lot of work experience this is the company for you to be.

If you have experience or show that you have gained any knowledge of the business in your time with this company, management does not want you there.

Managers do not want anyone elses better ideas but their own.
Friendly environment
Logistics Analyst / CSR for DEF (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2015
I believe Mansfield makes a good point to hire people who will seem to work with the teams well, which is very good as it makes working much easier when you can easily get along with someone.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Some of the management
Horrible Place to Work
Fleet Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 13, 2015
Upper Level Management does not support the employees.
H/R covers for Upper Level Management and lets unethical things happen all the time.
Co-workers are a good group of people.
The hardest part of the job is that it never ends. 24/7/365.
Good Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 25, 2015
Great Company to work for overall.
In my area asking questions weren't responded to by my Supervisor and Co-Workers with more seniority and much less knowledge were referred to me to ask question to because I was the newest employee. The Co-Workers didn't have a clue what some of the answers were so I had to get them on my own. My Supervisor would not respond to questions.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Politics and expressing views or asking questions not very open
Don't believe every review
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 15, 2015
There have been many positive reviews put here recently in the past few months that are coming directly from upper management and executives.

The negative reviews on this company are completely accurate.

This company is extremely unethical and blind to what is causing the high turnover rate.

The only department that I think has any worth is the HR department. The group understands the frustrations of the employees however their hands are tied with most instances because most complaints have nothing to do with employment laws.

While working at Mansfield I did learn quite a few things while at MOC and I am grateful for that. I did not think highly of management but there's nothing I could do about it when the boss and the boss's boss are weekend boating buddies. Most of the coworkers were extremely unpleasant to be around and basically snobbish. The hardest part of my job was biting my tongue. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I walked out the front door on my last day.
Pros
Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5
Cons
Thanksgiving lands on a Thursday.....Please work from home -Management
Lots of Development Opportunity and a Fun Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleApril 9, 2015
I have been at Mansfield for 2 years and it has been a very positive experience. I know many of the reviews here are negative, but I have to say this company is aware of its' weaknesses and is trying to fix them. That is one of the reasons why I like working here, they see a problem - they try to fix it instead of ignore the issue.

I have to agree that the long hours are embraced here, but it is definitely not required. I choose to work late, I am not forced to, and I don't do it all the time. Upper Management is actually great - not everyone - but especially the CEO. Michael Mansfield is a great guy and is very humble, he loves his employees and the company.

This is a great place to learn, if you don't want to move up in the organization and learn a LOT, then you might not be fit for the culture. It is very fast paced and there is always innovation going on at all times.

The benefits are really nice, especially the tuition reimbursement, scholarship, volunteer day off, and free gym. Pay is OK, pretty much right at what the market pays, and vacation is fair.

Overall, Mansfield is a great place to work is you are willing to put up with a fast paced environment, you can handle the growing pains (some of the things mentioned here in other reviews), and want to learn/grow within the industry.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, Free Gym, Health benefits are affordable, Yearly Bonus, Work/Life Balance is OK, compensation is OK
Cons
management needs some more training (lower level management mostly), minimal holidays (6 total), steep learning curve
Fast paced high growth place to work with great people and awesome customers
President (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 31, 2015
Mansfield is a rapidly growing business in a the huge trillion dollar energy industry with operations across the US and Canada. The company is going through a transition from scrappy up and comer to established industry leader after adding nearly a billion dollars in new sales per year for the past 7 years. This transition is leading to less seat of your pants decision making and management and to more structured process and procedures. Employees who love the start up like environment of very demanding hours with huge highs but sometimes equally large lows may not like the transition, but those that crave more predictable work with more manageable hours and more structure to their job will love it. Despite maturing the place is still rapidly growing and promotes mostly from within so upward mobility is good with new management and leadership positions all the time. One downside to all this rapid promotion is that with lots of new managers some are learning on the job and are not as polished as all employees would like. Despite this challenge the company believes providing employees with these first leadership opportunities is the right way to develop the best team overall and that it is the right way to reward and motivate employees with the talent and drive to succeed.
Pros
high growth, financially stable, frequent promotions, great customers
Cons
demanding work, some long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mansfield Oil Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9