Mansfield Oil Company

Mansfield Oil Company Employer Reviews

Company & executive management are wonderful
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJune 3, 2014
Mansfield is a great company. They love their employees, and reward them for hard work.
worst compnay ever
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Management is horrible, company moral is low, pay isnt't comparable to work, benefits expensive
Worst company I have ever been
Former Employee (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 18, 2014
All the negative reviews here are very true. There is a 'bully' culture (I was yelled in the face by an employee on my first week and my boss said it was normal). You will feel a detrimental stress from day 1 that will consume your every energy.
Complete favoritism: don't mess with 'the boy's club'.
Management has super high expectations and then 'you – more... have to figure it out'. Truth is, they give no other tools and you end up feeling frustrated, worthless and then quit.
The company has outrageous turnaround, specially the technology team (don't go there).
You won't really get anywhere unless you live and die on that company. Work-life balance is the worst I have ever seen. – less
Worst place ever to work!
Hard worker unappreciated and under paid (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: me quitting!
Cons: pay, messy management, lack of management skills, drama in the work place, excuses, lies, and no one takes fault for anything
I Would Highly Recommend You To Stay Away! The management Is Horrible And The Executives Have No earthy Idea What Is Going On! Favoritism Is An Understatement! They Don't Care About The Employees And Talk To You In The Most Disrespectful Way Ever! The Fleet Department Is Full Of Hypocrites Just As Account Managers As Well. If You Are Seeking Advancement – more... OR Think You Will Make Decent Money, Please Seek Elsewhere! Every Year Your Pay Cycle Will Change And Your Checks Will Get Lower And Lower! The Bonuses Are A Joke...Especially When They Are All Different. But You Can Count On Management And Their Favorites Getting The Highest Amount! – less
challenging at times - lots of room to move up if you have the incentive
Manager of Supply and Distribution (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: friendly fast paced atmosphere
Cons: high employee turnover
Fast paced highly corporate type atmosphere. Takes a while to get used to the different departments (there are many). Some social events to encourage team building. Lots of ways to advance by volunteering for process improvement type committees etc. This does require after hours commitment. Overall a pleasant place to work.
Transportation Dept.
Transportation (Current Employee), Gainesville GaDecember 15, 2013
Pros: good coffee and benefits
Cons: work hours, no lunches, pay low for responsibilities, credibility of management
I cant speak for other departments,but you hear the same things throughtout. Transportation is definitly a "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" environment.If you're not in the click, forget about advancement or bonuses.
Numerous broken promises in this department yet they expect you to always step up when called on. Let's face it. If you – more... work in this department, just go in, turn a blind eye, close your ears, and definitly dont ask questions that might clarify processes, yet undermine your superior.
I was told by current employee, that if you could work for certain people in this department, you would be ok. "Guess I found out the hard way" – less
Horrible Upper Management
Transportation (Current Employee), GADecember 4, 2013
Pros: co - workers
Cons: everything else
The co-workers are great but the upper management is oblivious to the work load and employee moral, wanting you to work 10+ hours a day though getting paid salary for 8. The company is planning on "implementing" new technology so they can keep the same amount of workers and quadrople the work load. Stay away.
The accounting department was restrictive.
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: competitive benefits
Cons: the accounting department employees were treated very unfairly compared to the other departments
The accounting department was oppressive. We were required to work 8 hours without talking. They even refused to allow us to listen to music via head earphones. There was no opportunity for advancement. Reviews were sent back to managers to downplay an employees accomplishments. Quarterly meetings informed us of the great job we were doing and that – more... we were moving up the Forbes Ladder, yet there was never any money for raises. – less
Significant turnover and management does not care
Generic (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: most co-workers are friendly, great location if you live northeast of atlanta
Cons: lack of growth, investment or caring of its employees; lack of accountability in management
Stay away from this company if you are looking to grow. This is a great place for someone who is seeking a position that they can stay in for the duration of their career. Co-workers are nice, but management is very open with their desire that you work hard with little investment in training or tools to do your job. Most newcomers become frustrated – more... and leave within a year of their start date. The company turned over a fourth of its employees in the last year and there have been no significant changes by management to address this very real problem. Nepotism also runs rampant within the company. Again, it's fine if you want to finish your career in the same chair you started in; but that is much different than what is being sold to new recruits. – less
Great place along with great people to work with
Billing Analyst I (Current Employee), Gainesville, GASeptember 21, 2013
Co-workers and Boss are great people along with the company has a whole.
Great Company Overall
Pre-Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 25, 2013
Very Routine, learned about different types of fuels. Co-workers were ok. Discipline needed for the job.
Ok in Minnesota
Plant Coordinator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 20, 2013
Pros: technology is above average.
Cons: benifits and pay are below average in this market.
Communication from management is not the greatest. The company relays heavily on tax breaks to grow the business. All employees are required to sign a 2 year non-compete agreement. Pay and benefits are below Twin Cities average. Advancement at Mansfield requires a move to GA.
Never Trust this HR department!
Manager of Accounting (Former Employee), Gainesville, GeorgiaFebruary 10, 2013
I was hired to work for Mansfield in a Managment position- a lateral move for me but closer to home. Resigned from a great job and in less than two days after starting at Mansfield, was told that they no longer wanted to continue my employment. Thank goodness my old company let me come back! BEWARE! In Georgia (a right to work state) there is nothing – more... you can do so you are trusting the HR team to make their decisions BEFORE you resign from your current job. That did not happen at Mansfield. – less
Very Unprofessional Office Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CaOctober 30, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: they don't care if you don't get a 15 break
I felt like I started a new HIGH SCHOOL. The office environment was very unprofessional and other employees in other states recognized the problems in the Irvine office and warned me of the issues. Unfortunately the powers that be in the Irvine office did not mind the revolving door of employees.
I liked the work, not the environment
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits, bonuses.
Cons: management was micromanaged
Overall I liked the company, after a lot of restructuring I felt that I was not in a stable place. I was told that growth was an option, then things changed.
Progressive
Corporate Recruiter (Downstream) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2012
Pros: large company close to home
•a typical day at work- You manage your individual area. Must be an area expert.
•what you learned: DDI, managed affirmative action and EEOC. Budget reviews and recruitment process
•management: Very detailed
•your co-workers: Very detailed
•the hardest part of the job: Managing change
•the most enjoyable part of the job: Learning new tasks
Productive, Fast Paced Enviornment
Supply Analyst (Current Employee), GAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: good people, local company, rewarding job
Cons: long hours
Must be able to multi-task. Fast paced but fun enviornment. Very knowledgeable co-workers help challenge each other.
A fast pace workplace with experienced, professional team players collaborating on a daily basis.
Assistant Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2012
Pros: constant team recognitions, innovative ideas for company growth
Cons: healthcare benefits were limited
A fast pace workplace with experienced and professional team players collaborating on a daily basis for the common goal - TEAM SUCCESS!. Although the atmosphere created challenges at times, the team of office professionals stepped up to the challenge and executed the company's initiatives individually and collectively.
A stable environment
Carrier Relations Intern (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 9, 2012
Pros: free coffee, free thanksgiving dinner, annual golf tournament
Cons: lower than average pay
Mansfield is a growing company in the growing energy industry. While its core business is petroleum based products it has expanded to include bio-fuels, renewable energy and additives. The company is definitely on a positive track toward the future. While this brings about a certain level of stability the job itself is somewhat routine and the jobs – more... are not terribly complex. The company is also in a transformation from what was a small town company to a large national corporation. The organization is still pretty flat and pay is still pegged to a more rural level of compensation. While no one is going broke working for the company, the possibility for pay increases and advancement is limited for now. Overall though morale is good, work-life balance is adequate, and people seem to enjoy their jobs. – less