Mansfield University Employee Reviews

Amazing nothing to complain about!
Financial Aid Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAJuly 4, 2016
It was just amazing overall. If there was more time for me to work there I would go back to work there in a heartbeat. The staff was very friendly and everyone was treated respectfully and kindly.
Pros
friendly
Cons
Great people to work with and a privilege to see and help the students
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PAMay 30, 2016
My current position is very fulfilling and I've had the opportunity to learn so much from some very knowledgeable professionals. As with all jobs, there are some departments that make the job very difficult and have created a very negative environment, but overall, the University is an amazing place to work.
Awesome
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAMay 11, 2016
This was my College, I loved working in the North Hall Library. The other Students and Student Workers were fantastic.I put away the returned materials and helped students find materials.
Great place for football
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAAugust 6, 2015
Great sports culture. The coaching staff was excellent. The student-athletes were great to coach. There are times when the athletes need that extra guidance but that made the job that much more exciting.
Excellent academic atmsophere collaborating with professorial personnel.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 14, 2014
My Graduate Assistant career at Mansfield University involved daily collaboration with faculty, administration and students.
nice place to work
Utility Plant Operator/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 1, 2014
excellent work place, fellow workers were great, salary and benefits were good. all different aspects of the jobs such as a different job each day was great
Pros
good salary
Student Oriented
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAMay 24, 2014
Upholding a work study position at Mansfield University really helped me balance out my studies and a job.
Great place, but position was cut
Academic Advisor/Career Exploration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 7, 2013
I would keep this job if it became permanent. I love advising and teaching students here.
Pros
nice small campus.
Cons
large scale retrenchments
Getting Me Where I'm Going
Substitute Art Educator (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 21, 2013
In this experience, I was completing my Master's Degree of Education in Art Education. This time involved creating and completing my master's level research paper examining how arts are essential for positive student outcomes. The most challenging portion of this experience was finishing up the paper and doing the final edits and reviews. The most enjoyable part of the project was completing the research and collaborating with my overseeing professor. I was able to teach college classes through this experience and I learned that I would greatly welcome more opportunities teaching higher education-the experience validated my want for being a college profession in the future.
Terrible place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  campusJanuary 8, 2013
Mansfield University is a terribly depressing place to work. Very unfriendly environment. Difficult to work here if you weren't born and raised in rural Mansfield.

No pay raises... ever. Performance reviews are a joke and meaningless. The gossip on this campus is out of control and management seems to condone it. Low morale has led to poor cooperation, low productivity and increased turnover. Managment never shows gratitude for a job well done.

There's no recognition, no thank you's, no "good job", no NOTHING!

Great, highly qualified people quit on a regular basis due to the way they're treated. I've never seen so much turnover in a company which really says alot given the state of our economy. New people don't stay. Ever. The only people who stay here are the ones who began their career here 20 years ago and are now biding their time to retire.

Food is horrendous; on campus and off. Nothing to do here. Rentals are outrageously expensive due to the drillers. A $300/month apartment is now going for $1200/month.

No career advancement or planning, very little if any training is approved. Only union personnel get tuition waivers which makes no sense (managers kids get it, but not managers). Executive management are all dinosaurs. No young minds or fresh ideas. Not forward thinking or innovative at all. Trying to get anyone on board to support positive change is like nailing water to a tree. Impossible!

If you want to work here, go into to it knowing it's just a job. It's not challenging or fun - it's depressing and stifling. And get used to living on your starting pay....
  more... it won't change!  less
Pros
very good health insurance and nice gym that can be used for free
Cons
no pay increases, no incentives, no career planning or ways to advance
Sat in on organizations' requests for financial support
COF, At-Large Voting Member (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PADecember 11, 2012
I would vote on whether or not I felt an organization should be given money for a designated purpose.
Small town but good university. Very professional environment.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAJuly 1, 2012
Small town but good university, very professional environment, excellent salary and benefits.
Pros
nice faculty
Cons
too small a town and far away from everywhere.

4.5