Mansfield University

Mansfield University Employer Reviews

Excellent academic atmsophere collaborating with professorial personnel.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Mansfield, PADecember 14, 2014
My Graduate Assistant career at Mansfield University involved daily collaboration with faculty, administration and students.
nice place to work
Utility Plant Operator/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, PADecember 1, 2014
Pros: good salary
excellent work place, fellow workers were great, salary and benefits were good. all different aspects of the jobs such as a different job each day was great
Student Oriented
Work Study (Former Employee), Mansfield, PAMay 24, 2014
Upholding a work study position at Mansfield University really helped me balance out my studies and a job.
Getting Me Where I'm Going
Substitute Art Educator (Former Employee), PAAugust 21, 2013
In this experience, I was completing my Master's Degree of Education in Art Education. This time involved creating and completing my master's level research paper examining how arts are essential for positive student outcomes. The most challenging portion of this experience was finishing up the paper and doing the final edits and reviews. The most enjoyable – more... part of the project was completing the research and collaborating with my overseeing professor. I was able to teach college classes through this experience and I learned that I would greatly welcome more opportunities teaching higher education-the experience validated my want for being a college profession in the future. – less
Terrible place to work
employee (Former Employee), campusJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: very good health insurance and nice gym that can be used for free
Cons: no pay increases, no incentives, no career planning or ways to advance
Mansfield University is a terribly depressing place to work. Very unfriendly environment. Difficult to work here if you weren't born and raised in rural Mansfield.

No pay raises... ever. Performance reviews are a joke and meaningless. The gossip on this campus is out of control and management seems to condone it. Low morale has led to poor cooperation, – more... low productivity and increased turnover. Managment never shows gratitude for a job well done.

There's no recognition, no thank you's, no "good job", no NOTHING!

Great, highly qualified people quit on a regular basis due to the way they're treated. I've never seen so much turnover in a company which really says alot given the state of our economy. New people don't stay. Ever. The only people who stay here are the ones who began their career here 20 years ago and are now biding their time to retire.

Food is horrendous; on campus and off. Nothing to do here. Rentals are outrageously expensive due to the drillers. A $300/month apartment is now going for $1200/month.

No career advancement or planning, very little if any training is approved. Only union personnel get tuition waivers which makes no sense (managers kids get it, but not managers). Executive management are all dinosaurs. No young minds or fresh ideas. Not forward thinking or innovative at all. Trying to get anyone on board to support positive change is like nailing water to a tree. Impossible!

If you want to work here, go into to it knowing it's just a job. It's not challenging or fun - it's depressing and stifling. And get used to living on your starting pay.... it won't change! – less
Sat in on organizations' requests for financial support
COF, At-Large Voting Member (Former Employee), Mansfield, PADecember 11, 2012
I would vote on whether or not I felt an organization should be given money for a designated purpose.
Mansfield University is a fun place to work.
Orientation Team Leader (Former Employee), Mansfield PAJuly 9, 2012
I learned to interact effectively with parents and students alike.
Small town but good university. Very professional environment.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Mansfield, PAJuly 1, 2012
Pros: nice faculty
Cons: too small a town and far away from everywhere.
Small town but good university, very professional environment, excellent salary and benefits.