Business Analyst – Financial Reporting
Wall St, New York
Contract - $850
Business Analyst; Front to Back Office; OTC Derivatives; Securities; FX; Financial Reporting; Financial Accounting; Reference Data; Data Management; Data Modelling Data Sourcing; Data Warehousing; Data Mining; Data Migration; Data Analysis; Trade Life Cycle; Gathering Requirements; Documenting; Regulatory Reporting;
Mansion House Consulting Ltd is an independent international business and technology company focussed exclusively on the Finance Service Sector. We provide innovative solutions to the corporate and transaction banking, capital markets, wealth and investment management communities specialising primarily in Global Change Management programmes. We have offices in London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore.
Our client, a tier 1 Investment Bank is in the process of implementing a combined solution for the production of financial, regulatory and risk reporting. The programme is focused around the creation of a single financial data warehouse which combines all of the financial and reference data required to satisfy the reporting and regulatory requirements.
The current position is looking for a business analyst to work on the population of this financial data warehouse. Understanding the data requirements and tracking down reliable sources for this data is key to the success of the overall project.
Duties will include:
- Documenting business and functional requirements.
- Working with the client to simplify the current data sourcing and management processes in order to reconcile accounts more efficiently.
- Looking at ways to improve the manner in which Trading P&L and Balance Sheet activities are managed in accordance with the regulatory reporting requirements.
- Identifying new ways to use the financial data for a reporting perspective.
- Identifying and communicating with stakeholders in order to gather and document data.
Key skills required:
- Excellent understanding of the front to back trade life cycle gained from working previously in/alongside front office.
- In depth multiple product knowledge which must include at least one of the following: bonds; Securities; OTC derivatives (Interest & Credit).
- Strong understanding of reference data for products – counterparty data or instrument data.
- Excellent Data Modelling skills and the ability to manipulate multiple complex data streams.
- Understanding of system development lifecycle including testing.
- Extensive Investment Banking background, particularly within Financial Reporting.
All candidates will be proficient in project methodology and ideally come from a business background as there will be extensive interaction with Senior SMEs.
For those that take the time to respond to this advert we wish to say thank you, however if you do not receive any response within four working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion. Thank you