Manteca Unified School District

Manteca Unified School District Employer Reviews

Great school district to work at
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Manteca, CANovember 25, 2014
I had enjoyed my tenure as a substitute teacher, I was afforded the opportunity to teach from kindergarten to High school seniors.
many of the schools in the surrounding district were very organized and I would like to teach there again if I am given the opportunity.
Enjoyable
School Site Assistant (Current Employee), Manteca, CASeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed everything about this place. The work enviroment made me want to go everyday.
Substitute teaching
Long-Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Manteca, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: good experience and prep to becoming a teacher
Cons: teachers do not get paid enough money in exchange, for all the responsibilities attached to their certifiction
Introduced to a new group of students, sometimes 3-5 times a week. Learned to apply classroom management skills, which created a safe and fun environment for learning.
School Site Experiences
Teacher (Current Employee), Veritas School 1600 Pagola AveOctober 16, 2013
Pros: the ability to see the future
Cons: to much emphasis put on assessments and accountability instead of the students as individual people.
Typical Day:
* 6 periods a day
8th grade only
2 English Language Arts classes ~ reading literature via an anthology or novel studies, vocabulary, grammar, writing
2 U.S. History classes ~ exploring and learning about U.S. History from the Revolutionary War to Civil War through reading, discussions and projects such as: power points, presentations, group learning
2 PE classes ~ team sports, basic exercises and cardio

I learn something new every single day ~ each day is different and a new learning adventure

Principal allows teachers to teach to the best of their ability and does not try to micromanage which allows us to feel confident in what we do

Working in a departmentalized environment allows for strong collaboration and it is very important to be a team player. I am fortunate to work with a team of dedicated teachers who support one another and work as a team to help our students succeed.

The hardest part of my job is the continuos change in curriculum requirements and the lack of support from the District Office level and State level.

I am a teacher because I enjoy watching students learn. I love the "aha" moment when something finally "clicks" and the student smiles because they know that I know they understand.

I enjoy the rapport I develop with the students and watching them as they learn, grow and mature into young adults. And I enjoy calling their names as they walk across the stage to get their 8th grade diploma.
great at first
Custodian/Campus Supervisor (Former Employee), Manteca, CAJuly 4, 2013
i greatly enjoyed working for m.u.s.d untill they started cutting wages by 8.5 percent. then at the same time raising health benifets
fun
Yard Supervisor/Office Assistant (Current Employee), manteca,caJune 20, 2013
watch kids
meet new people
pretty easy day of work
get to see how kids act at that age
Productive and fun work place
College Preparatory Tutor (Current Employee), Manteca, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: interaction with student, great enviorment
Cons: not enough work hours.
It's a great environment to work in with great employees. I learned how to communicate better with a wide variety of people. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with students and being able to reteach lessons when necessary.
Great opportunity to work with kids.
Classified Substitute (Current Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 4, 2013
On campus for normal school hours. Do not work more then 4 hours a day. Supervise students from grades K-8. Really enjoy interacting with the students during their breaks.
I great company!
Para Child Development (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJune 12, 2012
I love working with the students and staff. It is nice to be able to invest in a young child's future. I love the education field. Very rewarding!