Manteca Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

flexible
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I was a substitute and filled in for certain jobs. I was not in one spot long enough to be able to review a particular position. Overall, this position was very flexible and expanded your ability to meet people and learn different duties, which was enjoyable.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not stable
A Great Work Schedule for Young Moms
Nutrition Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAOctober 5, 2015
I joined the Manteca Unified School District in February 2015. My role as a Nutrition Service Assistant mainly consists of safely preparing & serving school meals, adhering to State & County regulations for proper food handling, and doing my best to help promote nutritious food choices for the students I serve.

Working in a small elementary school setting has its benefits; low volume of children, but many opportunities to make a personal & genuine connection. I enjoy working with my co-workers. Everyone is hard working & pull their weight so the team meets goals timely & efficiently. We are constantly multi-tasking & working together. It is a fast paced environment, but the right co-workers make the load easier to bear.

The hardest part of the job is watching kids throw away their trays of food without a second thought. Most children will try new things once, and others will not even consider it. Knowing the value of a good meal makes it very difficult for me to accept the wastefulness that goes on in our schools: it teaches our children not to appreciate the hard work that goes into growing & cooking their food.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children grow & mature. Children are our most valuable asset, and I am honored to be able to serve our future generations. Lastly, with my current schedule, I am able to enjoy afternoons, school breaks, and summer vacation with my own children. Nothing beats that!
Pros
Working with children, Summer vacation
Focused on student learning.
School Board Trustee (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 28, 2015
During my term as school board trustee, I was able to witness firsthand just how focused the district administration is on the education of all of its students. They are very receptive to any legitimate program that might improve parental involvement and student academic achievement.
Fun place to work
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CaJuly 16, 2015
Fun place to work, good co-workers, interaction with students, management in helpful, wish I could work longer hours.
Fun place to work
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 19, 2015
Love working with kids and teachers but too bad they only have part time openings will love if they have full time openings
Pros
part time
Cons
very flexible
Satisfactory employment opportunities
Temp for various positions (Current Employee) –  Manteca CaMay 18, 2015
Manteca Unified is always willing to offer employment opportunities in a wide range of occupations throughout the school year.
Cons
No work during summer months
Short hours, once a month pay, but friendly staff.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 6, 2015
Jobs come, and go on the daily for subs. The hours can be nice, however, some of the jobs are only for two hours. You can end up working five days a week, but only get 10-14 hours. The pay is only once a month. This is not the work place to rely on for your monthly income. Unless you're working in the district office, or as a teacher. The staff is what makes this job tolerable, but then again only getting paid once a month is rather difficult. Especially when it's on the 10th, and not the 1st. Most landlords want their rent paid by the 5th. Besides that, it's an alright work place. Like I said, I don't recommend this for your entire income. It's great to have as an extra income if you already have a part-time job.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
short breaks, kids can be extremely defiant, and once a month pay.
great experience
SSA (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 24, 2015
staff is very helpful in job placements, typical work day as a temp is short maybe 2-4 hrs a day.. Still a good place to start with MUSD
Pros
great experience
Cons
Short days
Very Fun
Substitute Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 23, 2015
Just help with office work and get assigned jobs that were fairly easy to accomplish without any training. The hardest part was filling out a high-task job with knowing nothing about the type of duties that were to be performed.
Productive work place with fun people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Manteca,CAMarch 17, 2015
I tutored second and third graders in reading comprehension and writing composition. It was stressful at times but over all a very good experience. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who wouldn't listen, my coworkers were nice, and the most enjoyable part was seeing the kids grow in their learning
Great Work Place
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I loved working for Manteca Unified School. I got to enjoy going to a lot of the different schools around Manteca to be a substitute clerical worker. All of the school sites were very welcoming and helpful. If I had a chance to go back I would.
Great school district to work at
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CANovember 25, 2014
I had enjoyed my tenure as a substitute teacher, I was afforded the opportunity to teach from kindergarten to High school seniors.
many of the schools in the surrounding district were very organized and I would like to teach there again if I am given the opportunity.
Enjoyable
School Site Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed everything about this place. The work enviroment made me want to go everyday.
Substitute teaching
Long-Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 1, 2014
Introduced to a new group of students, sometimes 3-5 times a week. Learned to apply classroom management skills, which created a safe and fun environment for learning.
Pros
good experience and prep to becoming a teacher
Cons
teachers do not get paid enough money in exchange, for all the responsibilities attached to their certifiction
School Site Experiences
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Veritas School 1600 Pagola AveOctober 16, 2013
Typical Day:
* 6 periods a day
8th grade only
2 English Language Arts classes ~ reading literature via an anthology or novel studies, vocabulary, grammar, writing
2 U.S. History classes ~ exploring and learning about U.S. History from the Revolutionary War to Civil War through reading, discussions and projects such as: power points, presentations, group learning
2 PE classes ~ team sports, basic exercises and cardio

I learn something new every single day ~ each day is different and a new learning adventure

Principal allows teachers to teach to the best of their ability and does not try to micromanage which allows us to feel confident in what we do

Working in a departmentalized environment allows for strong collaboration and it is very important to be a team player. I am fortunate to work with a team of dedicated teachers who support one another and work as a team to help our students succeed.

The hardest part of my job is the continuos change in curriculum requirements and the lack of support from the District Office level and State level.

I am a teacher because I enjoy watching students learn. I love the "aha" moment when something finally "clicks" and the student smiles because they know that I know they understand.

I enjoy the rapport I develop with the students and watching them as they learn, grow and mature into young adults. And I enjoy calling their names as they walk across the stage to get their 8th grade diploma.
Pros
the ability to see the future
Cons
to much emphasis put on assessments and accountability instead of the students as individual people.
great at first
Custodian/Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 4, 2013
i greatly enjoyed working for m.u.s.d untill they started cutting wages by 8.5 percent. then at the same time raising health benifets
fun
Yard Supervisor/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  manteca,caJune 20, 2013
watch kids
meet new people
pretty easy day of work
get to see how kids act at that age
Productive and fun work place
College Preparatory Tutor (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 20, 2013
It's a great environment to work in with great employees. I learned how to communicate better with a wide variety of people. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with students and being able to reteach lessons when necessary.
Pros
interaction with student, great enviorment
Cons
not enough work hours.
Great opportunity to work with kids.
Classified Substitute (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 4, 2013
On campus for normal school hours. Do not work more then 4 hours a day. Supervise students from grades K-8. Really enjoy interacting with the students during their breaks.
I great company!
Para Child Development (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 12, 2012
I love working with the students and staff. It is nice to be able to invest in a young child's future. I love the education field. Very rewarding!

4.2