Manteca Unified School District Employee Reviews

Serious and organized
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 21, 2017
I worked as a tutor through MUSD at Brock Elliott Elementary and it was a good experience for a first job. It is only for and hour or two hours 4 days a week.
This is a wonderful district to work for.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  All different school sitesMay 31, 2017
I have been a substitute teacher with Manteca Unified School District for 10 years. I have a a wonder experiences as a day to day substitute as well as a long term substitute on a few occasions.
During my time as a long term sub I was supported by some wonderful mentor teachers that helped me succeed.
Pros
Wonderful mentor teachers
Cons
The budget for pencils and copies was very low
Great experience
Mechanic Intern (Former Employee) –  2271 W. Loise AveApril 13, 2017
A typical day in shop was very calm. Maintain the shop sweep the floor clean up oil. change the oil on the buses, doing complete maintance. I would organize the shelves in the back room.
liked working with the children
SCHOOL SITE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 4, 2017
Work with children, supervising them on the playground. You must have patience and be willing to do some "detective" work to get to the truth in all situations that occur on the playground. I enjoy having the same schedule as my daughter, winter and spring break and summer break. Not having the backing of new administration.
Pros
same schedule as my daughter
Cons
new management is lacking
Great management
Classified Substitute (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 29, 2016
A typical day at work was getting to the office and begin the journal entry, customer service, scanning paperwork of daily attendance, and record keeping.
Great place for a substitute teacher to work at!
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 13, 2016
Located in a medium-sized but fairly quiet town. They gave us a training orientation so we weren't completely unprepared to start in the classroom. Some schools are more challenging than others, but there is no shortage of work as long as you're willing to teach at all grade levels. Compensation is reasonable but the position, by nature, doesn't offer any advancement.There also isn't a lot of contact or culture between substitute teachers and the district office staff or full-time teachers; you just kind of feel your way around until you become comfortable and gradually get to know people. Everybody is still very welcoming. The district feels like it's pretty well-managed.
Sud Janitor
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CASeptember 29, 2016
Gather and empty trash and trash bins
Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming them
Clean bathrooms and stock them with soap, toilet paper, and other supplies
Keep buildings secure by locking doors
Clean spills and other hazards using sponges and squeegees
Wash windows, walls, and glass
Order cleaning supplies
Change light bulbs
Notify managers when the building needs major repairs

I use a variety of tools and equipment. Simple cleaning tools may include mops, brooms, rakes, and shovels. Other tools may include snow blowers and floor buffers. Some janitors may be responsible for small electrical or plumbing repairs, for example, repairing a leaky faucet.
Nutrition Service Assistant
Nutrition Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston Ranch, CASeptember 23, 2016
Best Supervisors I have ever had. Great support for work and personal endeavors. Work schedule hours make it possible to pursue education, care for a school age child, and/or maintain your own business on the side.
Pros
Meals provided. Happy staff.
Cons
Fast paced work and sometimes physically demanding.
Fun workplace, coworkers are reliable and company really helps you move up in the company
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAApril 28, 2016
Working for InShape was an amazing experience. I felt welcomed and at home by the members and coworkers every time I went into work. My supervisors were really good at adjusting and making the work schedule on time and fair for everyone.
Pros
Work schedule's were adjusted to everyone's needs
Cons
Lunches would often be skipped because of how busy it was and short staffed we were.
flexible
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 29, 2016
I was a substitute and filled in for certain jobs. I was not in one spot long enough to be able to review a particular position. Overall, this position was very flexible and expanded your ability to meet people and learn different duties, which was enjoyable.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not stable
A Great Work Schedule for Young Moms
Nutrition Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAOctober 5, 2015
I joined the Manteca Unified School District in February 2015. My role as a Nutrition Service Assistant mainly consists of safely preparing & serving school meals, adhering to State & County regulations for proper food handling, and doing my best to help promote nutritious food choices for the students I serve.

Working in a small elementary school setting has its benefits; low volume of children, but many opportunities to make a personal & genuine connection. I enjoy working with my co-workers. Everyone is hard working & pull their weight so the team meets goals timely & efficiently. We are constantly multi-tasking & working together. It is a fast paced environment, but the right co-workers make the load easier to bear.

The hardest part of the job is watching kids throw away their trays of food without a second thought. Most children will try new things once, and others will not even consider it. Knowing the value of a good meal makes it very difficult for me to accept the wastefulness that goes on in our schools: it teaches our children not to appreciate the hard work that goes into growing & cooking their food.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children grow & mature. Children are our most valuable asset, and I am honored to be able to serve our future generations. Lastly, with my current schedule, I am able to enjoy afternoons, school breaks, and summer vacation with my own children. Nothing beats that!
Pros
Working with children, Summer vacation
Focused on student learning.
School Board Trustee (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 28, 2015
During my term as school board trustee, I was able to witness firsthand just how focused the district administration is on the education of all of its students. They are very receptive to any legitimate program that might improve parental involvement and student academic achievement.
Fun place to work
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CaJuly 16, 2015
Fun place to work, good co-workers, interaction with students, management in helpful, wish I could work longer hours.
Fun place to work
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 19, 2015
Love working with kids and teachers but too bad they only have part time openings will love if they have full time openings
Pros
part time
Cons
very flexible
Satisfactory employment opportunities
Temp for various positions (Current Employee) –  Manteca CaMay 18, 2015
Manteca Unified is always willing to offer employment opportunities in a wide range of occupations throughout the school year.
Cons
No work during summer months
Short hours, once a month pay, but friendly staff.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 6, 2015
Jobs come, and go on the daily for subs. The hours can be nice, however, some of the jobs are only for two hours. You can end up working five days a week, but only get 10-14 hours. The pay is only once a month. This is not the work place to rely on for your monthly income. Unless you're working in the district office, or as a teacher. The staff is what makes this job tolerable, but then again only getting paid once a month is rather difficult. Especially when it's on the 10th, and not the 1st. Most landlords want their rent paid by the 5th. Besides that, it's an alright work place. Like I said, I don't recommend this for your entire income. It's great to have as an extra income if you already have a part-time job.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
short breaks, kids can be extremely defiant, and once a month pay.
great experience
SSA (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAApril 24, 2015
staff is very helpful in job placements, typical work day as a temp is short maybe 2-4 hrs a day.. Still a good place to start with MUSD
Pros
great experience
Cons
Short days
Very Fun
Substitute Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMarch 23, 2015
Just help with office work and get assigned jobs that were fairly easy to accomplish without any training. The hardest part was filling out a high-task job with knowing nothing about the type of duties that were to be performed.
Productive work place with fun people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Manteca,CAMarch 17, 2015
I tutored second and third graders in reading comprehension and writing composition. It was stressful at times but over all a very good experience. The hardest part of the job was dealing with children who wouldn't listen, my coworkers were nice, and the most enjoyable part was seeing the kids grow in their learning
Great Work Place
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I loved working for Manteca Unified School. I got to enjoy going to a lot of the different schools around Manteca to be a substitute clerical worker. All of the school sites were very welcoming and helpful. If I had a chance to go back I would.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Manteca Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2