Position reports to: President & CEO
Scope of the Position: Maximize membership through recruitment, referrals, and assisting in member retention with special attention paid to annual revenue goals for membership. A key component of this position will be working with local and state government to advocate for and resolve challenges faced by manufactures.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Membership Retention and Recruitment
- Develop and implement a membership retention strategy for current members and a growth strategy for attracting new members working in conjunction with the membership committee of MAP’s Board.
- Assist in the development of membership marketing and promotional materials, including welcome kits, certificates, membership cards, and other collateral materials.
- Assume responsibility for the management of accurate member information and assist the VP of Operations with renewals.
- Respond to Companies requests for information and assistance and work to resolve obstacles they may encounter with government agencies.
- Work to develop effective membership programs.
- Work closely with MAP’s various partners in assisting companies.
- Responsible for updating MAP’s website with information helpful to companies.
Policy Analysis and Development
- Review and analyze State and Municipal legislation and other policies that may pose a threat to manufacturing.
- Keep the President & CEO informed about upcoming, relevant legislation.
- Be prepared to organize companies to debate harmful legislation and/or policies.
- Interact with political offices at the local and state levels to advocate for the manufacturing sector.
- Stay informed on current trends and factors that affect industrial economic development policies.
- Participate in, meet with, and solicit from groups to discuss policy development and implementation of MAP programs and products. Coordinate and facilitate, as needed, communications, meetings and activities.
- Oversee Sage Act database and ensure the information is kept up-to-date and accurate with all other employees.
- Minimum Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor degree from accredited university, preferably in business administration, marketing/ sales, economic development or other related fields.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to work in a team setting with both staff and volunteers, and the vision to see new opportunities and respond to them.
- Demonstrated initiative and drive to meet goals. Applies creative problem-solving to reach end results. Dynamic and innovative thinker.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing membership or member services department.
- Experience with Sage Act preferred.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with members, employees, partners and other community leaders.
- Creativity, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Applicant must exhibit a professional appearance.
- Applicant must possess a passion for providing high quality member service and commitment to exceeding expectations.
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Job descriptions are subject to change by MAP as the needs of the City and requirements of the job change.
Please send cover letter & resume to the link. Thank you.