Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

Productive, Inspiring, Ethical,
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: 37 hour work week
There is no typical day when you are in property management. It change by the minute. In the morning there is daily tasks, but in a quick second that can change depending on the needs or emergencies that come up within the building.

It is always busy with a myriad of taks on the list, but I enjoy my work. Property Manager is always availalbe for any – more... inquiries we have, any suggestions and takes the time to introduce new tools which we can learn and grow from. We work diligently to get everything done.

Work isn't always predictable or easy, but it is challenging and enjoyable. – less
Professional, organized
Actuarial Intern, Life Insurance Line of Business (Former Employee), Hochiminh, VietnamSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: professional team
Cons: short breaks
Typical day:
- Open memo, checklist to see what needs to be done
- Do the jobs, report to supervisor/manager
Financial Sector
Control-M Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2013
Learned about the investments market and how it works for Manulife to make them successful
Great team of hard working motivated people
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 2, 2013
I worked as a systems analyst for the annuities business unit. During that time, I supported multiple business applications. I worked directly with the business to address and resolve incidents/bugs; planned, tested, and managed the implementation of application enhancements and upgrades.
Great Learning Environment
Annuities Service Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2012
If you want to learn the ins and out of the mutual fund industry this is the place to work
new office with all the amenities to make working comfortable
Evening Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo OntarioFebruary 14, 2012
Pros: ergonomic working environment, great benefits great people to work with
Cons: nothing i can think of
new office - on bus route - great amenities (cafeteria, area to heat up food, cooked food etc), facilities were new and modern, cubicles were ergonomic for your working comfort
great bunch of people, had a great respect for their employees
good pay and benefits
just a great place to work
Good Place to work
Insurance (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 15, 2014
Great experience and movement potential. I started out as a student and moved to various other roles throughout my career. Good pay and good work life balance.
Productive and a good work environment.
Travel Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Fast-paced work, team spirit and friendly environment. Submitting claims to Examiners after adjudicating them for approvals.
A wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: long hours
It is a wonderful place to work. Great employees, clean and wonderful environment.
Good but not great
Business Systems Analyst at Affinity Markets (Current Employee), toronto, onJune 27, 2014
Pros: good work / life balance
Cons: low work and team spirit.
Government pace of work. Lots of bureaucracy and politics.
Summer Job
Clerk (Former Employee), Hong KongJune 7, 2014
Ø Assist 60 insurance agents with their projects, including diary management for agents
Ø Prepare documents, leaflets and forms for internal meetings and client meetings
Ø Answer calls and field questions from clients
Ø Keep tracks on the productivity and the number of leave days of each agent
Ø Troubleshoot any technical issues with the printers, – more... computers and coffee machines – less
Productive fun work place
Case Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: contract work, takes a while to get permanent status
Great work atmosphere, flexible work schedule, with opportunities to grow within the company.
One of the worst places to work
Senior Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 2, 2014
Cons: corrupt management
Poor Management
Bad co-workers
One of the worst places to work.
Top rated financial institution
Consultant (Former Employee), Yonge and BloorMay 7, 2014
IFRS conversion and development of the new training programme
Productive and fun work place. I enjoy the people.
Processor (Current Employee), WaterlooApril 27, 2014
I have enjoyed working with the company but I feel it is time to expand my knowledge in this field or a related position.
QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 23, 2014
April 2010 to Present
• Managing overall test execution of the claims automation system belonging to the group benefit solutions division of Manulife financial.
• Working closely with the business system analyst.
• Managing testing with team of 4 testers at offshore including the overall responsibility for test execution, tracking, completion of testing – more... within time and as per plan and preparing weekly status report to project manager.
• Conducts defect meetings to follow up on the outstanding defects with attendance from the BAs/testers, developers and project manager.
• Organized testing based on Risk Based Approach in Quality Center and created Test Scripts based on Test Scenarios in Quality Centre
• Improved the testing process by introducing and with hands on experiencing with testing automation tools.
• Involved in the development of Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test scripts according to Requirements, Wire frames and Use Case documents
• COBOL, DB2, JCL, HP Quality Centre 10, HP Quick Test Professional 11, , SQL, SQL Server, Java, WebSphere Application Server, TCP/IP, XML, IE, Firefox, Windows XP, 2000, 7 – less
Stable and large growth company
PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 21, 2014
There are many departments, many with young and passionate people along with tenured and open minded individuals. The company creates opportunities for those willing to work for it, to succeed. It is also very focused on the shareholder, while also seeking solutions that meet the needs of its clients.
Fun at Work
Medical Tele-interviewer (Former Employee), PhilippinesApril 15, 2014
Pros: i was able to deal with many different kinds of people, improved my communication skills and the way on how to handle stress in a certain situation
Cons: overtime without pay
Working as a Medical Tele-Interviewer was a lot of fun, i was able to talk with different kinds of people over the phone and learn a lot from them. I was able to improve my communication skills and patience. Now talking about my colleagues, they were all nice and easy to get along with. I was able to easily adjust to them. For me, i found my Job enjoyable.
Typical Day
CUSTOMER SERVICE PENSION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 15, 2014
Fast paced, high pressure, have to be organised and prepared to jump quickly from task to task
Great salary and benefits
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2014
I was there through an agency on a temporary contract in a department that was becoming obsolete and therefore I knew well in advance that it was only a temporary, contract position. The job was very repetitive, sitting all day in front of a computer, however, it was a nice work environment and I was paid well, treated well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos