Manulife Financial

Manulife Financial Employer Reviews

Financial Giant
Actuarial Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2014
- highly professional working environment
- talent co-workers
- challenging and interesting work
- well balanced payroll
Great opportunity for exposure to many business partners
Training Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Learned a lot about mutual funds within a very large business unit.
NA
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2014

I have developed strong analytical skills to execute a variety of complex and diversified financial and accounting activities in Manulife.
Productive and fun place
Quality Analyst Level II (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesAugust 22, 2014
I started working as a business process associate, wherein I handle policy changes and inquiries on their insurance policies. As I moved on and step up I was moved into a higher level of team until I was promoted to Quality Assurance Analyst. I am involved in auditing other associates' processes and have done software testing on the system that we are using which includes Mainframe and web based software. The business has been relying on my reports on the system testing results for their upgrades and releases.
Great place to work!
Senior Compensation Consultant (Current Employee), WaterlooAugust 19, 2014
Stable, progressive and mature organization to work for. Great vision and resources to realize that.
Fantastic Workplace
Client Account Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: everything
There is a reason why there is no turnover at Mirvish Productions, and the average employee has been working there since the 1980s. It is a fantastic environment, in which the managers actually care about the welfare of their employees, and the relationships are very amicable.
Long-standing Canadian Company, globally diverse
Director (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 1, 2014
Canadian company
Large, diverse business
Many opportunities across the globe
Technical Trainer- US Group Pensions (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2014
Wonderful place to work.
Good Benefits
Great flexibility
Friendly Staff and co workers
Good Place to work
Insurance (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 15, 2014
Great experience and movement potential. I started out as a student and moved to various other roles throughout my career. Good pay and good work life balance.
Productive and a good work environment.
Travel Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Fast-paced work, team spirit and friendly environment. Submitting claims to Examiners after adjudicating them for approvals.
A wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: long hours
It is a wonderful place to work. Great employees, clean and wonderful environment.
Good but not great
Business Systems Analyst at Affinity Markets (Current Employee), toronto, onJune 27, 2014
Pros: good work / life balance
Cons: low work and team spirit.
Government pace of work. Lots of bureaucracy and politics.
Summer Job
Clerk (Former Employee), Hong KongJune 7, 2014
Ø Assist 60 insurance agents with their projects, including diary management for agents
Ø Prepare documents, leaflets and forms for internal meetings and client meetings
Ø Answer calls and field questions from clients
Ø Keep tracks on the productivity and the number of leave days of each agent
Ø Troubleshoot any technical issues with the printers, computers and coffee machines
Productive fun work place
Case Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: contract work, takes a while to get permanent status
Great work atmosphere, flexible work schedule, with opportunities to grow within the company.
One of the worst places to work
Senior Controls Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 2, 2014
Cons: corrupt management
Poor Management
Bad co-workers
One of the worst places to work.
Top rated financial institution
Consultant (Former Employee), Yonge and BloorMay 7, 2014
IFRS conversion and development of the new training programme
Productive and fun work place. I enjoy the people.
Processor (Current Employee), WaterlooApril 27, 2014
I have enjoyed working with the company but I feel it is time to expand my knowledge in this field or a related position.
QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 23, 2014
April 2010 to Present
• Managing overall test execution of the claims automation system belonging to the group benefit solutions division of Manulife financial.
• Working closely with the business system analyst.
• Managing testing with team of 4 testers at offshore including the overall responsibility for test execution, tracking, completion of testing within time and as per plan and preparing weekly status report to project manager.
• Conducts defect meetings to follow up on the outstanding defects with attendance from the BAs/testers, developers and project manager.
• Organized testing based on Risk Based Approach in Quality Center and created Test Scripts based on Test Scenarios in Quality Centre
• Improved the testing process by introducing and with hands on experiencing with testing automation tools.
• Involved in the development of Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test scripts according to Requirements, Wire frames and Use Case documents
• COBOL, DB2, JCL, HP Quality Centre 10, HP Quick Test Professional 11, , SQL, SQL Server, Java, WebSphere Application Server, TCP/IP, XML, IE, Firefox, Windows XP, 2000, 7
Stable and large growth company
PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 21, 2014
There are many departments, many with young and passionate people along with tenured and open minded individuals. The company creates opportunities for those willing to work for it, to succeed. It is also very focused on the shareholder, while also seeking solutions that meet the needs of its clients.
Fun at Work
Medical Tele-interviewer (Former Employee), PhilippinesApril 15, 2014
Pros: i was able to deal with many different kinds of people, improved my communication skills and the way on how to handle stress in a certain situation
Cons: overtime without pay
Working as a Medical Tele-Interviewer was a lot of fun, i was able to talk with different kinds of people over the phone and learn a lot from them. I was able to improve my communication skills and patience. Now talking about my colleagues, they were all nice and easy to get along with. I was able to easily adjust to them. For me, i found my Job enjoyable.

About Manulife Financial

Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services company with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. – Read more

Manulife Financial Photos