MAP Communications Employee Reviews

Easy job but kind of strict
Virtual Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2017
I love the call center enviornment and it's the best job I've had yet. I just wish that there was a little more color on the work floor. It's a boring color scheme .
Pros
Easy
Cons
Set hours
Fast Paced, Simple but Tedious
Specialty Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 3, 2017
Typical work day is face paced, usually 30-60 calls per hour. Strict but very employee oriented. I like to learn but I feel like I've leaned everything there. It doesn't challenge me enough anymore
Pros
face paced
Cons
restricted breaks and limited free time
good job
Facility Maintenance / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 13, 2017
easy going workplace, everyone was very down to earth. Many different schedules so could work there at almost anytime. You will be on the phone if you dont like phone work, not the job for you.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
very redundant work
not a bad job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 6, 2017
the time restraints and point system are somewhat trivial. But a decent job nonetheless. working holidays are mandatory even if falls on your normally scheduled off day
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
point system
Productive Workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 15, 2017
I learned patients and how to handle many varieties of clients. The typical day at work is assisting every caller to the best of my ability. There is a diversity in the workplace culture as well.
Agent
Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
Agents answer phones for different companies and take messages from the clients or patients to then deliver the message to either the Doctor,Nurse or Lawyer.
Good place to work with close co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 23, 2017
This job was alright besides constantly having to be on the phone all day. I did enjoy the people I worked with and the opportunities for advancement but having to deal with some on the callers just was not worth it.
Pros
good pay, overtime always available
Cons
short breaks
Untrustworthy
Switch Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMarch 23, 2017
being a switchboard operator was great, however, this job was mostly beneficial as I was attending school. Schedule was very flexible and so it was very accommodating. Minimal critical thinking. Overall, this was my first professional job and although it wasn't ideal, it created the platform for the professionalism I exhibit today.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long travel, unreasonable management.
Relaxed Environmentgro
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 23, 2017
Call center environment and no room for growth. Sometimes you were required to work long hours and availability on the weekend was mandatory. Overall, the job wasn't terrible.
Easy Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 10, 2017
I only worked at Map Communications for a year. I wish I would have stayed because it seem that you could move up the ladder fast with this company. Within only a year working for them I receive several raises totaling an extra $2 an hour. It was a simple job, we were an answering service taking calls and sending messages to clients. Easy job, easy money. The people I worked with was very fun and it was a relaxed atmosphere. With this company you can advance your career.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
You had to work either a Saturday or Sunday in your schedule

Want to know more about MAP Communications?

Ask a question
Progressing company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 12, 2016
enjoyable job with rewards for great service to customers and they also prepare you for what problems or situations you may come in contact with on a daily basis.
There are things to improve
Answering Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2016
I could practice English and learn to understand different accent.
For me it was very nice to meet my coworkers.
I had a supervisor who was always ready to help.
Pros
Payments always on time
Cons
They have no benefits
It pays great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 25, 2016
This job was good for someone that does not have any children and no personal life. In this position you were to remain at your desk and on the phone the entire shift. It was nerve racking to not be able to get up and stretch your legs.
It was very stressful
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 14, 2016
For me this job was overly stressful. During training, which was a week long process, we were told that we would rarely get any angry calls. Boy were they wrong, at least once a shift I would get some very angry person on the phone yelling at me for things that weren't my fault. I think that was the hardest part of the job. The best part was where I felt like I was doing everything right and I felt like I was helping people. Management was okay, we didn't really interact with management or our coworkers. Everyone just kind of kept to themselves and it just didn't seem very friendly.
Pros
nice break room, casual Fridays, advancement opportunities.
Cons
having to request bathroom breaks, no days off even for in climate weather
Professional and Fun work place
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 13, 2016
I love this company. They are all about their employees. They promote within the company, and it's laid back. The supervisors are very down to earth, and the job can be challenging but they encourage their employees, and train them to successfully maintain a professionalism that promotes how awesome the company really is.
Overall good company with long term employment and benefits.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 19, 2016
Good work place. Think there should be more communication from corporate company with management, more training on new hires and management. Fun work place and good incentives and bonuses.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Lack communication from upper management.
productive, professional, and serious
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 20, 2016
i learned how to be more comfortable with communicating with people i do not know. my co-workers were all understanding and helpful.
didnt enjoy working there much
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 25, 2016
I guess the job wasnt meant for me
Had to role play for companies i know little to nothing about Phraseology differed with every different profile so quality was never to standards
Very great place for more experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2015
It's a pretty decent job that's the least I can say. Like any company it has it's ups and downs but the great thing about this company is there is room for growth.
Map is a good place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 4, 2015
Map is a productive place to work with great co-workers. Also the ability to exceed and move up is very good. They make their employees feel like family with different events they have for us. Also they make you want to do the best job you can because of the rewards you are able to get.
Pros
Awards for good customer service.
Cons
Calls come in back to back, constantly taking calls.