MAP Communications Employee Reviews in United States

It pays great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 25, 2016
This job was good for someone that does not have any children and no personal life. In this position you were to remain at your desk and on the phone the entire shift. It was nerve racking to not be able to get up and stretch your legs.
It was very stressful
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 14, 2016
For me this job was overly stressful. During training, which was a week long process, we were told that we would rarely get any angry calls. Boy were they wrong, at least once a shift I would get some very angry person on the phone yelling at me for things that weren't my fault. I think that was the hardest part of the job. The best part was where I felt like I was doing everything right and I felt like I was helping people. Management was okay, we didn't really interact with management or our coworkers. Everyone just kind of kept to themselves and it just didn't seem very friendly.
Pros
nice break room, casual Fridays, advancement opportunities.
Cons
having to request bathroom breaks, no days off even for in climate weather
Professional and Fun work place
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 13, 2016
I love this company. They are all about their employees. They promote within the company, and it's laid back. The supervisors are very down to earth, and the job can be challenging but they encourage their employees, and train them to successfully maintain a professionalism that promotes how awesome the company really is.
productive, professional, and serious
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 20, 2016
i learned how to be more comfortable with communicating with people i do not know. my co-workers were all understanding and helpful.
didnt enjoy working there much
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 25, 2016
I guess the job wasnt meant for me
Had to role play for companies i know little to nothing about Phraseology differed with every different profile so quality was never to standards
Very great place for more experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2015
It's a pretty decent job that's the least I can say. Like any company it has it's ups and downs but the great thing about this company is there is room for growth.
Map is a good place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 4, 2015
Map is a productive place to work with great co-workers. Also the ability to exceed and move up is very good. They make their employees feel like family with different events they have for us. Also they make you want to do the best job you can because of the rewards you are able to get.
Pros
Awards for good customer service.
Cons
Calls come in back to back, constantly taking calls.
Map Communication Review
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working at this company these past few months however the work life balance is something that I am unable to sustain and i'm looking for a position that would be closer to home and have an ability to grow within the company. I have strong interpersonal skills that will greatly benefit any company in bringing customer satisfactions.
Pros
Coworkers, ability to help poeople
Cons
Work life balance
Only take this job if you have no other options
Virtual Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 26, 2015
I only worked here for about a month before deciding to move on to bigger and better opportunities. The job itself is easy, laid-back and low stress; typical day-to-day duties include sitting at a desk all day answering calls, inputting information into the system and relaying messages. However, doing literally nothing but taking calls for eight consecutive hours can get boring. You get two thirty minutes breaks which always change. Sometimes the company you're scripting for doesn't always have the full information available, so it can get frustrating when callers ask and it isn't provided to you. While it is easy, the job is very repetitive. This place has pretty draconian attendance policies; if you are literally even a minute late clocking in, it will count against you. They monitor you from the time you log on, to the very seconds/minutes you're off the phone, and you need approval for bathroom breaks.They aren't flexible with scheduling and don't like when employees need the day off for any important reason (sick days, family obligations, emergencies, etc). Management is also extremely strict and conservative with dress codes. The first 30 days, they will "grade" you every week based on how you handle your calls. They micromanage their employees like crazy. I honestly felt like I was back in high school here rather than at a job for adults. The only good reason to work here is if you have no other options, and/or if you need a stepping stone while looking for something better.
It's a job....
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of taking calls ALL DAY. it's a good place to go if you REALLLLLLLY need a job. Starting pay is 8.50$ hourly with the chance for advancement. I got promoted to 10$ hourly within 2 months of being there. Upper management does display favoritism towards those who have been there alot longer and there is a new training class almost every 2 weeks which shows you how high the turnover rate is. You get 2 30 minute breaks everyday and they vary everyday. That was a big negative for me, as I would prefer to have the same breaks everyday. Also the training supervisor who monitors you the first 30 days is very condescending and talks to you like you're a school kid with no common sense. The company is very big on attendance and they have no sympathy for you if you can't make it to work for an actual reason. All they care about is if you have a doctor's note & you can tell them you have an emergency and have to leave and they still ask if you're coming back the same day. This company is all about making money, not it's employees and it's really hard to establish relationships with coworkers because you're literally answering calls ALL DAY. Alot of the callers are angry or upset so you have to deal with that frequently. Bottom line, if you absolutely NEED a job and can't find anywhere else then you could apply here but it's not an enjoyable job.
Call center
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 28, 2015
Fast pace call center. very strict on rules and regulations. little growth within the company. management is equal and understanding
Phone receptionist with customer service skills.
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2015
This job is very customer oriented. They go above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Customer service is key with any position at this company. I learned to listen and be patient. Each call is different an needs your undivided attention. I learned to handle irate callers and calm them in a soothing way. I enjoyed getting to speak to a wide variety of callers each day. I knew once I had spoken with the caller that I had helped that caller and had made a difference in their day.
Pros
Never boring, friendly environment, employee owned and operated
Cons
Hours not very flexible.
Productive and a great learning experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me at Map Communications was to learn different personalities of each customer. I learned how to balance getting to know a customer and creating a positive atmosphere in each call. The management was very warm and opened to feedback. My co-workers made work fun for me. The hardest part of the job was the fact that every customer wasn't as friendly but management provide different ways in which we could try to please them, even when they were upset. Overall, I really did enjoy working for such a great company.
Able to provide personable and resourceful problem solving in emergency situations.
Remote ER Medical Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Knowledge to think and act quickly in emergency situations. Pleasing speaking voice, clear enunciation, tact, courtesy, and good hearing. Patient with difficult callers, and not quick tempered.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Short breaks
Typical call center company
Specialty Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 11, 2015
Typical call center company with limited opportunity for advancement if you have a limited availibility. Was able to perfect my typing speed and telephone voice.
Enjoy working here family orenintated work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at MAP it was a great atomosphere to be in. I never had any issues. I would honestly recomend this job to family and friends. Anyone would enjoy working here I know I did.
Typically good job over all.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Desk job where you answer phones all day, with two thirty minutes break. Have to follow specific scripts and have to have certain percentage of quality for you to stay employed.
productive enviroment
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2014
it was fun learning to answering phone calls for several hundred companies. it was fast paced and the day would go by very quickly. hardest part was following the written script for every phone call. co workers were always so bright and chipper
Not a fun workplace, but the people there are nice.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VaOctober 20, 2014
At work, typically as soon as you enter the work place, you get on the phones. You handle calls for various companies all over the United States, and sometimes in Canada. The hardest part of being with the company itself, is the acting. Some calls require you to act as if you are part of the company, and when there is limited information given to you, such as a company not allowing you to know their business hours, it is hard to act like you work for the company. The easiest part is just typing up the messages for the companies.
Cons
short breaks, long shifts on weekends
organized company and they work with you
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Good company, good work ethics, organized and friendly people
Pros
always flexible in schedule
Cons
short breaks