MAP Communications Employee Reviews

Easy Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 10, 2017
I only worked at Map Communications for a year. I wish I would have stayed because it seem that you could move up the ladder fast with this company. Within only a year working for them I receive several raises totaling an extra $2 an hour. It was a simple job, we were an answering service taking calls and sending messages to clients. Easy job, easy money. The people I worked with was very fun and it was a relaxed atmosphere. With this company you can advance your career.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
You had to work either a Saturday or Sunday in your schedule
Progressing company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 12, 2016
enjoyable job with rewards for great service to customers and they also prepare you for what problems or situations you may come in contact with on a daily basis.
It was very stressful
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 14, 2016
For me this job was overly stressful. During training, which was a week long process, we were told that we would rarely get any angry calls. Boy were they wrong, at least once a shift I would get some very angry person on the phone yelling at me for things that weren't my fault. I think that was the hardest part of the job. The best part was where I felt like I was doing everything right and I felt like I was helping people. Management was okay, we didn't really interact with management or our coworkers. Everyone just kind of kept to themselves and it just didn't seem very friendly.
Pros
nice break room, casual Fridays, advancement opportunities.
Cons
having to request bathroom breaks, no days off even for in climate weather
Professional and Fun work place
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 13, 2016
I love this company. They are all about their employees. They promote within the company, and it's laid back. The supervisors are very down to earth, and the job can be challenging but they encourage their employees, and train them to successfully maintain a professionalism that promotes how awesome the company really is.
Overall good company with long term employment and benefits.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 19, 2016
Good work place. Think there should be more communication from corporate company with management, more training on new hires and management. Fun work place and good incentives and bonuses.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Lack communication from upper management.
It pays great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 25, 2016
This job was good for someone that does not have any children and no personal life. In this position you were to remain at your desk and on the phone the entire shift. It was nerve racking to not be able to get up and stretch your legs.
productive, professional, and serious
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 20, 2016
i learned how to be more comfortable with communicating with people i do not know. my co-workers were all understanding and helpful.
Map is a good place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 4, 2015
Map is a productive place to work with great co-workers. Also the ability to exceed and move up is very good. They make their employees feel like family with different events they have for us. Also they make you want to do the best job you can because of the rewards you are able to get.
Pros
Awards for good customer service.
Cons
Calls come in back to back, constantly taking calls.
didnt enjoy working there much
Virtual Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 25, 2016
I guess the job wasnt meant for me
Had to role play for companies i know little to nothing about Phraseology differed with every different profile so quality was never to standards
Map Communication Review
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working at this company these past few months however the work life balance is something that I am unable to sustain and i'm looking for a position that would be closer to home and have an ability to grow within the company. I have strong interpersonal skills that will greatly benefit any company in bringing customer satisfactions.
Pros
Coworkers, ability to help poeople
Cons
Work life balance
Very great place for more experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2015
It's a pretty decent job that's the least I can say. Like any company it has it's ups and downs but the great thing about this company is there is room for growth.
Phone receptionist with customer service skills.
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2015
This job is very customer oriented. They go above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Customer service is key with any position at this company. I learned to listen and be patient. Each call is different an needs your undivided attention. I learned to handle irate callers and calm them in a soothing way. I enjoyed getting to speak to a wide variety of callers each day. I knew once I had spoken with the caller that I had helped that caller and had made a difference in their day.
Pros
Never boring, friendly environment, employee owned and operated
Cons
Hours not very flexible.
Productive and a great learning experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me at Map Communications was to learn different personalities of each customer. I learned how to balance getting to know a customer and creating a positive atmosphere in each call. The management was very warm and opened to feedback. My co-workers made work fun for me. The hardest part of the job was the fact that every customer wasn't as friendly but management provide different ways in which we could try to please them, even when they were upset. Overall, I really did enjoy working for such a great company.
Not a fun workplace, but the people there are nice.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VaOctober 20, 2014
At work, typically as soon as you enter the work place, you get on the phones. You handle calls for various companies all over the United States, and sometimes in Canada. The hardest part of being with the company itself, is the acting. Some calls require you to act as if you are part of the company, and when there is limited information given to you, such as a company not allowing you to know their business hours, it is hard to act like you work for the company. The easiest part is just typing up the messages for the companies.
Cons
Short breaks, long shifts on weekends
Decent Place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 30, 2013
I answered calls and took messages all day. The coworkers were great and pay and benefits were decent. The hardest part of the job was explaining to people that I couldn't just transfer them I had to leave an actual message, then hearing and seeing they have been leaving messages for their doctor for days/weeks and the doctors or other clients didn't call back.
Cons
Was not flexible towards family illnesses and missing work due to sick newborns
Fun work place at times
Operater / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 28, 2013
A typical day at work consist of a heavy volume of calls, including a variety of different company's. Working there I learned how to keep calm in an environment where I had to deal with the emotions of everyday people.
The hours were flexible for the most part.
Co-workers were great.
I enjoyed the night shift the most due to having to supervise other co-workers and teach them what I learned.
I also had the opportunity to train fellow employees.
The hardest part of the job was basically trying to keep a level head when dealing with customers.
Pros
pto, flexible hours, holiday parties
Cons
short breaks, working in a small office that was always air conditioned
Will treat you well if you treat them well.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 18, 2013
Generally a good company, but working in a call center isn't for everybody. Although I completely agree with maintaining high standards, I find the quality expectations for receptionists to be a little too high for the type of job this is. There is a high turn-over rate, and the work can get pretty stressful. Aside from that, this company really cares about the employees, and tries to work with them as much as possible. They have excellent benefits and perks for their employees.
Pros
They throw a great Christmas Party!
Cons
Don't count on having your weekend/day off completely off, especially if the call center is busy.
Exhausting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 13, 2012
If you are sensitive to rudeness then this is not the job for you. That being said, If you can handle the occasional angry customer, this is a good "foot-in-the-door" job for business. advancement is almost guaranteed if you are willing to go the extra mile, but beware - all calls are recorded!
Pros
not very selective
Cons
a lot of call volume, and you get yelled at a lot (by customers)
Able to provide personable and resourceful problem solving in emergency situations.
Remote ER Medical Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Knowledge to think and act quickly in emergency situations. Pleasing speaking voice, clear enunciation, tact, courtesy, and good hearing. Patient with difficult callers, and not quick tempered.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Short breaks
Nice as a Part Time Job
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake Greenbrier VaJanuary 12, 2014
You are limited to breaks
There is no PTO until your first year
Management do not look out for your best interest
Very repetitive and sometimes stressful
Travel is not worth the pay
You are put on a point system for being late with no exceptions to important holidays, appointments, or family issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAP Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9