MAP Communications

MAP Communications Employee Reviews

Call center
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 28, 2015
Fast pace call center. very strict on rules and regulations. little growth within the company. management is equal and understanding
Phone receptionist with customer service skills.
Senior Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 27, 2015
Pros: Never boring, friendly environment, employee owned and operated
Cons: Hours not very flexible.
This job is very customer oriented. They go above and beyond to make sure the customer is happy. Customer service is key with any position at this company. I learned to listen and be patient. Each call is different an needs your undivided attention. I learned to handle irate callers and calm them in a soothing way. I enjoyed getting to speak to a wide variety of callers each day. I knew once I had spoken with the caller that I had helped that caller and had made a difference in their day.
Productive and a great learning experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me at Map Communications was to learn different personalities of each customer. I learned how to balance getting to know a customer and creating a positive atmosphere in each call. The management was very warm and opened to feedback. My co-workers made work fun for me. The hardest part of the job was the fact that every customer wasn't as friendly but management provide different ways in which we could try to please them, even when they were upset. Overall, I really did enjoy working for such a great company.
Able to provide personable and resourceful problem solving in emergency situations.
Remote ER Medical Dispatcher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Worked from home
Cons: Short breaks
Knowledge to think and act quickly in emergency situations. Pleasing speaking voice, clear enunciation, tact, courtesy, and good hearing. Patient with difficult callers, and not quick tempered.
Typical call center company
Specialty Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 11, 2015
Typical call center company with limited opportunity for advancement if you have a limited availibility. Was able to perfect my typing speed and telephone voice.
Enjoy working here family orenintated work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at MAP it was a great atomosphere to be in. I never had any issues. I would honestly recomend this job to family and friends. Anyone would enjoy working here I know I did.
Typically good job over all.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Desk job where you answer phones all day, with two thirty minutes break. Have to follow specific scripts and have to have certain percentage of quality for you to stay employed.
productive enviroment
receptionist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2014
it was fun learning to answering phone calls for several hundred companies. it was fast paced and the day would go by very quickly. hardest part was following the written script for every phone call. co workers were always so bright and chipper
Not a fun workplace, but the people there are nice.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VaOctober 20, 2014
Cons: short breaks, long shifts on weekends
At work, typically as soon as you enter the work place, you get on the phones. You handle calls for various companies all over the United States, and sometimes in Canada. The hardest part of being with the company itself, is the acting. Some calls require you to act as if you are part of the company, and when there is limited information given to you, such as a company not allowing you to know their business hours, it is hard to act like you work for the company. The easiest part is just typing up the messages for the companies.
organized company and they work with you
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Lake Success, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: always flexible in schedule
Cons: short breaks
Good company, good work ethics, organized and friendly people
terrible place to work for and do business with
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 30, 2014
awful job to work for. I would never work for map again. I would not recommend others to get this job, that's why this place is always hiring because people quit.
worked for 100 % employee built and owned company with benefits
General Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, raise in pay, room for advancement, bonuses and incentives, casual days, excessive overtime
Cons: short break times, lack of leniency to personal life, demanding work level, hidden cliques
typical day at work required us to be on the phone an average of 7 hrs 53 minutes in order to be considered an equally qualified and successful representative of the company. Required us to dress professionally and be efficient and learn the desired script necessary to further assist the customer. We were graded based off of performance weekly and percentile wise by the month for quality. Enjoyed the atmosphere for the most part, it was segregated based off the departments which of course were paid more. I loved interacting with my co-workers. some of them made an impression on me and will remember some of them fondly. My tenure there help me get through one of the worst financial seasons of my personal life and I found my best friend and soon to be wife there so that will be the most enjoyable part of the job. the hardest was the fact I had to leave the job and working in the snow. I am grateful for the experience most of all!
fun enviorment & excellent benefits
Receptionist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks & sit all day
handle incoming calls for answering service as receptionist. The calls are pressured & fun with the change of different business calls. You sit all day may be hard for some. There is room for advancement & management people are very good people.
A very Productive place to work at.
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 1, 2014
like working there and a nice place to work at. The benefits is nice and they have 401k and dental and health.
N/A
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 16, 2014
Nothing to say. The place is confused along with supervisors
Nice as a Part Time Job
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Chesapeake Greenbrier VaJanuary 12, 2014
You are limited to breaks
There is no PTO until your first year
Management do not look out for your best interest
Very repetitive and sometimes stressful
Travel is not worth the pay
You are put on a point system for being late with no exceptions to important holidays, appointments, or family issues
Family oriented work enviornment
Sr. Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 11, 2014
The company is a very good place to work and they really care about their employees. Really wish I was still thee.
its okay.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 29, 2013
the most enjoyable part about the job was the team building exercises. it was considered a fun atmosphere and they also have an employee owned right to their stock so you can invest your money as well as earn your normal pay
Will treat you well if you treat them well.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: they throw a great christmas party!
Cons: don't count on having your weekend/day off completely off, especially if the call center is busy.
Generally a good company, but working in a call center isn't for everybody. Although I completely agree with maintaining high standards, I find the quality expectations for receptionists to be a little too high for the type of job this is. There is a high turn-over rate, and the work can get pretty stressful. Aside from that, this company really cares about the employees, and tries to work with them as much as possible. They have excellent benefits and perks for their employees.
Perfect for stability/plenty of hours if wanted
Receptionist (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: benefits after probationary period for full time
Cons: must basically stay stationary for entire shift
9 hour shift with 2 30 minute breaks/talk to lots of people around the country without leaving your desk/lots of repetition

MAP Communications Salaries