I. POSITION SUMMARY
A senior-level individual contributor within a MapQuest Technology team. Responsible for authoring and refactoring front-end software with mission-critical or customer-facing consequences. Works with teams across MapQuest and AOL to ensure long-term success of technical solutions.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Practices agile development methods and exemplifies core agile values of transparency, collaboration, embracing change and iterative development.
3. Develops functional prototypes that highlight new design concepts
4. Collaborates with product managers, UI designers and peers across MapQuest to develop outstanding consumer experiences.
5. Provides mentoring by leading periodic code and sprint reviews.
6. Provides broad perspective on risks, development alternatives and expected technical debt in ‘Sprint-0’ meetings.
7. Routinely works with peers in other Technology teams to ensure interoperability and scalability.
III. QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
Education: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years of experience in software development with proven track-record of delivering high-value, high-quality, consumer-facing solutions.
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills.