MAPCO Express

MAPCO Express Employer Reviews

A difficult job, but with fun people.
Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great manager (at my location) and coworkers.
Cons: standing on your feet all day with no breaks.
A day at Mapco often (for me) started early in the morning, and demanded long hours of standing on your feet, politely dealing with often irrational people, and almost always without breaks. However, the people who worked with me (especially my manager) were very nice and sensible people, making the day tolerable. Sometimes I would visit and buy lunch – more... there when not currently working. The manager at my Mapco location was actually the only supervisor I've had did not outwardly despise me and everyone around them like the other jobs I've had. While often irritated at customers like the rest of us, he did not show it to the customers, and would generally act very nice. The hardest part of the job is everything to do with the actual work - standing for long hours on your feet with no breaks, politely dealing with aforementioned irrational customers, and cleaning pumps. The best parts were the people, but for me, stocking. I like organizing things, so I'd get satisfaction out of making sure all the shelves were stocked as full and neatly as possible, and making sure the overstock shelves were organized and small. – less
Great place to work if you love people
General Manager Mentor/Trainer (Current Employee), Mount Juliet/Hendersonville, TNAugust 25, 2014
A typical day starts with ensuring all operations are functionally sound. Time management is essential.
Dead end job and dying company
Cashier/Maintenance/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 23, 2014
Pros: discount on sandwiches
Cons: no breaks, lunches, low pay, no advancement, little training
The Company itself is a disaster waiting to happen. To get into any management position it depends on who's ring you have to kiss and how much you have to suck up to those around him. Human Resources is a joke and never help you when you have questions. Like "How much vacation time have I earned?" or "How many sick days do I have left?" You are told – more... to talk to your manager who has to talk to the District Manager?
All the Positions there are called something different from what they actually are so that they can pay the employees less.The Manager is actually the Store Operations Manager to make sure the shifts are covered and to check in vendors. The CSL is supposed to be the Assistant Manager but is really the Head Cashier. The District Manager is over the area, but acts as a Manager for Each and Every Store. The Company wastes so much money it's simply amazing. There is not a lunch break,"per se" You have to work that out amongst the other employees.
If another similar company came into the area and found out how the company was run it would be ripe for a takeover or buy out. It needs to be overhauled and set back up from the Top down. HR needs to do what HR is supposed to do not just accounting and paperwork. Managers need to manage, District Managers need to manage the district.
What finally got to me were the Corporate Outings. Where they rent a bus and visit the Mapco's. Like it was a school outing or like the rich coming to see what the poor people are like.
Gheesh!!! – less
Productive and fun workplace
cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Everyone was friendly and easy to get along with. I learned to sell lottery tickets. The most enjoyable part was the customers. It was a family oriented business.
Work you to death with no benefits!!!!
Part-time Associate (Former Employee), TNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: some good customers.
Cons: very low pay for what is expected you to do in an 8 hour shift.
They work you full time hours but won't hire you in as a full-time employee with not benefits but expect you to work 40 plus hours.
Mapco
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: lack of integrity
A typical day was coming in and serving the customers. I learned about the ways of keeping the store clean, route to effectively get things done in a timely matter. How to help and handle different types of customers. Management was a different story my manger at the time asked me to the destroy product of management and that's when I had to report – more... him and put in my two weeks notice. My co-workers I never got to know because I was alone on from 4-closed. the hardest part of the job was quitting because I liked the job, the most enjoyment was working there with the customers. – less
enjoy working with people
Cashier (Former Employee), Rome, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: low pay and hours
run register, stock coolers and shelves when possible, keep store neat and clean as possible
Fun atmosphere, good people, but not an ideal employer
Store Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: meeting people, great people to work with, fun every day.
Cons: low pay, terrible corporate policy's and upper management.
I learned to love working with people here. I had fun every day working at Mapco and even after all of the negative aspects are included I would still love to work there.
nice work place
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 24, 2014
the management was going down the drain since a lot of stores where closing in Memphis customers complained of high cost
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee), Alpine, ALJune 24, 2014
Love my co-workers they are the reason I go to work every day.
A decent place for employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Rainbow City, ALJune 15, 2014
Pros: nice environment and people
Cons: no breaks; low pay
I have always worked in customer service and retail mostly. So I have a lot of experience in being a cashier, and taking care of customers. That is why I chose to work here. The job wasn't bad, or too hard.

What I liked most about it was I was in an environment I was used to and comfortable with. All of my coworkers were really nice.

What I liked – more... the least was that I mostly had to work third shift, and because of that I didn't get to spend any time with my kids. It was very difficult and strenuous on my body and mind, I had a hard time trying to sleep during the day.

Management was really great, she was very nice and always acknowledged and told me I was doing a great job.

I enjoyed working here, but they weren't able to put me on a different shift. – less
GREAT PLACE
Sales Associate/ Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 9, 2014
A JOB IS WHATEVER YOU MAKE OF IT. I REALLY ENJOYED MY JOB TO THE FULLEST
Everyday is a good day!
Sales Associate/ Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 27, 2014
Everyday consist of open and closing shifts. Greeting customers as they come and leave the store. Stocking shelves and draining floor coolers. Keeping coffee fresh every 3 hours, etc
Great atmosphere, awesome customers
CASHIER (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNApril 21, 2014
Pros: pretty lenient in how it was paced, not too rushed but too boring either.
Cons: none!
The overall experience was great, I had great co-workers who showed me how to do things and the management was very helpful and cared deeply for their workers, just overall a great place to work.
LOVED THE JOB
Cashier (Former Employee), Rossville, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: working nights
I like working here till I got a new boss that was just a jerk. the fist boss I worked for there cared about her employees and would hear them out not last few after that well all jerks or snobby
Enjoyed my time there.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashland, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: nasty customers
Typical day at work was cleaning, stocking, running register, keeping the roller grill stocked. I learned how to be very patient and customer service skills my manager was great as well as most of my co-workers. i would say the hardest part of the job was making sure everything got done for your shift and any extra work that was needed, just a matter – more... of time management. – less
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 15, 2014
I had a great management team at this company. When I went through a tragic accident with my children they were very compassionate and told me to take whatever time I needed off work without worry. They are very team oriented and strive for every employee to feel like they have ownership in the company.
Mapco
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), no where, tnApril 13, 2014
Cons: salary, expectations, policies are a little ridiculous on some things
I worked for Mapco for 2 years as an assistant manager, I HATED it. The company did not care for its employees or customers at all. All they care about is money. They work their managers too hard (my manager worked 80-90 hours a week) and they expected more out of them. They have such a high turn over rate with employees because they treat them so badly. – more... All you will ever hear is negativity, it truly is the type of job that you will wake up resenting that you have to go in and be somewhere where you will never truly advance, and if you do your salary will not increase by much at all. I've gotten comments on how terrible this company is from customers who saw how we were worked and treated. The best part about the job is your customers, I had a few regular customers that I enjoyed getting to see almost everyday. – less
Poor higher management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 3, 2014
Pros: was close to home
The store itself was a great place to work but upper management was not very desirable.
Great place if you want no time off
Store Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: at time you may end up working 14 to 19 hours with out a break or any help
Average day is good in the store, but if you have any staffing issues they expect you to work non stop and to stay under budget

1 2 3 4 5

About MAPCO Express

Delek US Holdings'¬†US¬†petroleum business is a delectable mix of refining, fuel marketing, and retail operations. The company, – Read more