MAPCO Express

MAPCO Express Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Unprofessioinal DM Leskiesta Perry
One of the worst managed companies ever! The stores were old, ragged and understaffed. The training is incomplete, and when you bring it to upper managements attention it becomes an issue, hands down worst company ever.
It was my "goal" job.
Clerk/Deli (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly customers, employee discounts, frequent breaks.
Cons: Rules and regulations.
I loved working there, and I busted my butt working there. I worked full time hours being part time (40+ hours). I was always on call and never missed a day. I loved my managers. I was fired for using my personal rewards card, which is breach of Employee contract, grounds for immediate termination. I understand what I did was wrong, it just hit home because of everything I put myself through for that store, at the end of the day, I was just another clock to punch.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 30, 2015
A typical day was working with food and pleasing guests. My managers was great. I loved to work with all of my co workers. the most enjoyable part was when i got to work both sides of the store.
A good place to gain experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Bellevue, TNMarch 27, 2015
Cons: Few opportunities for advancement; rarely promote from within
Mapco is a fast-paced, busy environment. This job teaches how to perform tasks both effectively and efficiently. This job also teaches the necessary skills to deal with rude or unruly customers because of the general anonymity of the environment. The majority of my coworkers were great. However, there was the occasional coworker who created problems.

The store management was great, but the company's general managers were unnecessarily harsh and often had contradictory expectations. Also general managers changed so often that it caused confusion.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with the extreme business of an interstate adjacent convenience store, as well as the occasional rudeness or strange occurrences of the general public.

The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how to master the tasks there. I also liked forming relationships with the regular customers and my coworkers.
friendly co-workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Heth ArkansasMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pleasant people to work with.
Over my 5 yr. employment, it was very productive and usually a joy to go to work. I advanced rather rapidly per their training.
Less pay but expect hard work
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no breaks, no raises
Terrible place to work. Its always something going on at the store been there for almost a year havent recieved a evaluation or anything that consist of a raise, ohh thats right they dont give raises.
If i had something better i would leave im very unhappy there.
Great first Job in hight school
Mapco Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 21, 2015
I was given an opportunity to learn customer service while going to high school. I was responsible for all store up keep and running the register.
A Day A Mapco.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2015
The hardest part of the job is remembering to remain calm when customers get rude. Its doable I have done it several times, serving up kindness with a smile.
Easy and Laid back Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: lot of free time
Cons: no one was on time
Working grave yard for a gas station allowed me to catch up on my bucket reading list. There wasn't many traffic in the store that late at night but I did have my regulars that made things interesting. I didn't really interact with any other employees since I usually worked solo, but I wasn't really impressed with their professionalism or the managers, many times I worked over my scheduled time because the manger or coworker wouldn't show up on time for their shift.
Decent Job
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks and coffee
Cons: no breaks, not very good hours, poor management
Sometimes busy but kind of relaxing. I learned a lot about management and what it takes. My co-workers that are left are excellent people and good workers. There is nothing really hard about the job at all. It is just tedious and it can get tiresome. I enjoy the job more when I have someone else working with me.
same as other review
CSL (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: depends on what you are wanting for a job
Cons: depends on the area the store is located
this is the same company as the other mapco express. not a great job for me. management is hard to work for at times
Ok.
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Lacks good management. The company does not take care of employees.
Sales associate (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Good place to work and where one comes across some very interesting people.
Working in gas station isn't always what you think it is
Customer Service Assoicate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 12, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: working the night shift by yourself
I was fearful about applying to gas station but once I got the hang of things it was good. They were very flexible with me since I was in school. The customers got close to you. For example, since I worked the night shift by myself I would have a customer come in every night to stay with me to ensure my safety.
Good full time work
Assistant Manager in training / Cashier (Former Employee), Chatsworth, GADecember 9, 2014
work involves cleaning, cashiering, stocking, shift paper work, lottery, customer service with a smile.
I really loved my coworkers.
a lot of 2nd shift work and i had to push to get 36 hours a week, but the manager was good to work with. Benefits are there, they just aren't great. holiday pay and vacation pay is also available after the probationary period.
easy goin job
Cashier (Former Employee), Petersburg, VANovember 15, 2014
no hard work and will train you to do everything in the store. co-workers was fun to work with
work days
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2014
some days are good and some days are bad but im very patient and don't get as irritated as others. I can get the job done but I love working with others. Im a positive person and can have a conversation with anyone. People say im very outgoing.
not a place you want to work
Middle Managent (Former Employee), HQOctober 23, 2014
def. not a place you want to work. HIGH PRESSURE and stress environment. very destructive environment
good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), east ridge tnOctober 23, 2014
good place to work decent benefits great people to work with had fun on the job while getting the job done right
No day ever the same
Customer Service, Manager, District Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2014
Pros: getting to meet different people every day
Cons: never knew hours going to work
It has been over 10 years since I have worked here so sure much has changed.

1 2 3 4 5

About MAPCO Express

Delek US Holdings'¬†US¬†petroleum business is a delectable mix of refining, fuel marketing, and retail operations. The company, – Read more

MAPCO Express Salaries