MAPCO Express

MAPCO Express Employer Reviews

enjoy working with people
Cashier (Former Employee), Rome, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: low pay and hours
run register, stock coolers and shelves when possible, keep store neat and clean as possible
Fun atmosphere, good people, but not an ideal employer
Store Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2014
Pros: meeting people, great people to work with, fun every day.
Cons: low pay, terrible corporate policy's and upper management.
I learned to love working with people here. I had fun every day working at Mapco and even after all of the negative aspects are included I would still love to work there.
nice work place
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 24, 2014
the management was going down the drain since a lot of stores where closing in Memphis customers complained of high cost
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee), Alpine, ALJune 24, 2014
Love my co-workers they are the reason I go to work every day.
A decent place for employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Rainbow City, ALJune 15, 2014
Pros: nice environment and people
Cons: no breaks; low pay
I have always worked in customer service and retail mostly. So I have a lot of experience in being a cashier, and taking care of customers. That is why I chose to work here. The job wasn't bad, or too hard.

What I liked most about it was I was in an environment I was used to and comfortable with. All of my coworkers were really nice.

What I liked the least was that I mostly had to work third shift, and because of that I didn't get to spend any time with my kids. It was very difficult and strenuous on my body and mind, I had a hard time trying to sleep during the day.

Management was really great, she was very nice and always acknowledged and told me I was doing a great job.

I enjoyed working here, but they weren't able to put me on a different shift.
GREAT PLACE
Sales Associate/ Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 9, 2014
A JOB IS WHATEVER YOU MAKE OF IT. I REALLY ENJOYED MY JOB TO THE FULLEST
Everyday is a good day!
Sales Associate/ Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 27, 2014
Everyday consist of open and closing shifts. Greeting customers as they come and leave the store. Stocking shelves and draining floor coolers. Keeping coffee fresh every 3 hours, etc
Great atmosphere, awesome customers
CASHIER (Former Employee), Mount Juliet, TNApril 21, 2014
Pros: pretty lenient in how it was paced, not too rushed but too boring either.
Cons: none!
The overall experience was great, I had great co-workers who showed me how to do things and the management was very helpful and cared deeply for their workers, just overall a great place to work.
LOVED THE JOB
Cashier (Former Employee), Rossville, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: working nights
I like working here till I got a new boss that was just a jerk. the fist boss I worked for there cared about her employees and would hear them out not last few after that well all jerks or snobby
Enjoyed my time there.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ashland, VAApril 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: nasty customers
Typical day at work was cleaning, stocking, running register, keeping the roller grill stocked. I learned how to be very patient and customer service skills my manager was great as well as most of my co-workers. i would say the hardest part of the job was making sure everything got done for your shift and any extra work that was needed, just a matter of time management.
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 15, 2014
I had a great management team at this company. When I went through a tragic accident with my children they were very compassionate and told me to take whatever time I needed off work without worry. They are very team oriented and strive for every employee to feel like they have ownership in the company.
Mapco
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), no where, tnApril 13, 2014
Cons: salary, expectations, policies are a little ridiculous on some things
I worked for Mapco for 2 years as an assistant manager, I HATED it. The company did not care for its employees or customers at all. All they care about is money. They work their managers too hard (my manager worked 80-90 hours a week) and they expected more out of them. They have such a high turn over rate with employees because they treat them so badly. All you will ever hear is negativity, it truly is the type of job that you will wake up resenting that you have to go in and be somewhere where you will never truly advance, and if you do your salary will not increase by much at all. I've gotten comments on how terrible this company is from customers who saw how we were worked and treated. The best part about the job is your customers, I had a few regular customers that I enjoyed getting to see almost everyday.
Poor higher management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 3, 2014
Pros: was close to home
The store itself was a great place to work but upper management was not very desirable.
Great place if you want no time off
Store Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: at time you may end up working 14 to 19 hours with out a break or any help
Average day is good in the store, but if you have any staffing issues they expect you to work non stop and to stay under budget
Daily activities
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2014
• Maintained clean & orderly checkout area
• Issued receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
• Handled all monies accordingly
• Stocked shelves & marked prices as directed
Fun Work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 14, 2014
It was a great place to work. My manager was very understanding about personal situations and always made our schedule to fit certain things.
Fun day-to-day job, GREAT experience
Cook (Former Employee), Madison, TNMarch 3, 2014
Pros: safe work place, fun, easy work
Cons: short / no breaks
During my time working there, I experienced great teamwork.The management was able to work with my lifestyle and hourly requirements.I enjoyed working there!
AN OKAY JOB
Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: working solo, free drinks
Cons: no security
IT WAS EASY WORK THEY JUST FIRE YOU OVER DUMB THINGS LIKE 20 0R 40 DOLLAR SHORTAGES LIKE THAT'S STUPID WHY NOT JUST LET THEM PAY IT BACK... DONT RECOMMEND THIS JOB TO ANYONE
Work Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2014
Had to proform great customer service.
Stock
Handle large amount of cash.
Print off Money Orders
Inventory
Different tyupes of People you encountered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: hours and benefits
Management did not stay to assist if you needed it. The pay was not equipped with experience. Long hours and not enough compensation or benefits. I enjoyed the customers.

About MAPCO Express

Delek US Holdings' US petroleum business is a delectable mix of refining, fuel marketing, and retail operations. The company, – Read more