Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

What started out to be a great place to work turned into a nightmare.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 25, 2016
I started as a cashier and my manager at the time promoted me to asst manager within 3 months. I was then borrowed out to different stores to help their sales and inventory problems. Within 2 years I was given my own store to manage. Even though I and my employees increased sales and customer relations the District Manager at the time was ridiculously demanding. We accomplished all tasks given and then some but the DM was never satisfied. Unfortunately I did leave the store but only because I had to move out of state.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
District Manager
A fun workplace to work
Foodservice Lead (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 21, 2016
I like working there because I'm a people person. I get alone with everybody. I love to communicate with people. My main priority is customer service.
Productive place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 21, 2016
Never a dull moment. I enjoyed meeting new customers, seeing daily customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to hire honest employees. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I worked with them for many years. I had to leave for health reasons I am looking for part time work.
Unorganized
Store Manager, Achievements (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2016
Mapco needs to improve their training their program for Managers.
The training program only last four weeks and it is not enough time if you've never worked in that type of environment.
Receptionist / Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2016
While employed with BP Amoco I was allowed to work at my own pace. My team could depend on me to accomplish all tasks that I had for the day. Very good business to work for.
Pros
I worked with a lot of nice peolple
Cons
sold to Williams Left a lot of people without jobs
Fast Paced Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNSeptember 12, 2016
Upbeat, fast paced environment with lots to do. Customer service is a must, and physical activity is required. Management is mostly good, and overtime is great.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and discounts on products
Cons
Few breaks and customers
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview, TNSeptember 12, 2016
I'm looking to move my career path towards something with advancement options and this job clearly isn't in that direction .......................,,,,,,,,,
Pros
It is very close to home
Cons
Terrible hours to work with around my toddlers schedule
management was aweful, good customers made it worth it
Cashier/Food Prep/Management (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 3, 2016
the HQ is ran horribly, and you get very little pay and benefits, but the nice regular customers really make it worth while to be there.

the bottom line is if you want to work around nice people and be underneath idiots, work here.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
bad management
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAAugust 29, 2016
I love the work just not second shift because I dont get to see my daughter .it's a fun place love the people I just want more time with my daughter and family
MAPCO gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, TNAugust 26, 2016
Typical work day involved cashiering, gas station attendant, food prep, inventorying, customer service, janitorial. What I learned was never get hired in a place with a friend. Management there was not professional at all. The hardest part of the job was putting up with the mental abuse. But the greatest part of the job was meeting all the customers.
Pros
Meeting the customers
Cons
poor managment
Minimum wage Maximum effort
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 24, 2016
Taco Bell was a great stepping stone into the workforce for me at the age of 16, unfortunately the amount of work needed for you to do with such low pay can motivate you to find work elsewhere.
Great place to advance at
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2016
I loved this job. I believe that this company does treat the employees with respect atleast my dm did. the company works at a team for the most part
Mapco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is mild to moderately stressful. Management is unhelpful most of the time. The best thing about this job is that if you work here, you learn how to handle stress of all levels and can handle pretty much anything.
I like working at Mapco nice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 13, 2016
Working with Mapco Express was a first time experience for me. But I had a very supportive manager and wonderful coworkers who did not hesitate to help in any way I needed. I learned to interact better with people through daily face to face exchange. I enjoyed every aspect of my job with Mapco Express.
Great Place To Work
A.S.M./Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2016
High expectations, with often busy store, and lots to clean. You aren't good enough if you don't have everything spotless 2 hours after your shift ends. Management varies by location, some are good, but most are highly demanding and do not want you to live outside work. co-workers vary, but most I came across wanted to pawn off all their work on you, and lay all blame on you aswell. Hardest part of working there was the demanding hours, and the lazy co-workers making you work 9-11 hour shifts when you're scheduled 8. The best part of working is the amazing customers, it's like a family, and they learn to love you, just as you learn to love them.
Refreshing yet disappointing
Mangement Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 31, 2016
It was a great learning experience. Enjoyed working with the public but the management should re-train. The management really needs a people skill workshop. The customers were the only reason for enduring the treatment you are subjected to while in their employment. There are not any set time for breaks including bathroom breaks. The employees do not view each other as part of a whole but instead as an individual. No team work. It was not even encouraged.
Pros
The environment.
Cons
No breaks
Interesting
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2016
I had fun dealing with people and building relationships with customers that I dealt with on a daily base, worked with a lot of good people whom I learned many things from.
Underpaid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2016
The job is underpaid for the responsibility. You will need a second income to be able to pay for any living expenses. I do not like being forced by Indeed to do this review.
Good if you have no life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2016
Pros
Above minimum pay, tons of hours.
Cons
can't go home until co-worker relieves you, management expects beyond perfection.
Solid job for flexible schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2016
Working for Mapco is a good job, but the more flexible your schedule the better. Expect to clean and stock store, not just sit behind the counter. Management is strict but can be fair. Angry costumers are the most difficult part of the day, but regulars that you get to know can make the day better.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No "true" breaks, bad health insurrence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8