Mapco Mart Employee Reviews in United States

MAPCO gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Fort, TNAugust 26, 2016
Typical work day involved cashiering, gas station attendant, food prep, inventorying, customer service, janitorial. What I learned was never get hired in a place with a friend. Management there was not professional at all. The hardest part of the job was putting up with the mental abuse. But the greatest part of the job was meeting all the customers.
Pros
Meeting the customers
Cons
poor managment
Minimum wage Maximum effort
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 24, 2016
Taco Bell was a great stepping stone into the workforce for me at the age of 16, unfortunately the amount of work needed for you to do with such low pay can motivate you to find work elsewhere.
Great place to advance at
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2016
I loved this job. I believe that this company does treat the employees with respect atleast my dm did. the company works at a team for the most part
Mapco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 14, 2016
A typical day at work is mild to moderately stressful. Management is unhelpful most of the time. The best thing about this job is that if you work here, you learn how to handle stress of all levels and can handle pretty much anything.
I like working at Mapco nice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 13, 2016
Working with Mapco Express was a first time experience for me. But I had a very supportive manager and wonderful coworkers who did not hesitate to help in any way I needed. I learned to interact better with people through daily face to face exchange. I enjoyed every aspect of my job with Mapco Express.
Great Place To Work
A.S.M./Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2016
High expectations, with often busy store, and lots to clean. You aren't good enough if you don't have everything spotless 2 hours after your shift ends. Management varies by location, some are good, but most are highly demanding and do not want you to live outside work. co-workers vary, but most I came across wanted to pawn off all their work on you, and lay all blame on you aswell. Hardest part of working there was the demanding hours, and the lazy co-workers making you work 9-11 hour shifts when you're scheduled 8. The best part of working is the amazing customers, it's like a family, and they learn to love you, just as you learn to love them.
Refreshing yet disappointing
Mangement Trainee (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 31, 2016
It was a great learning experience. Enjoyed working with the public but the management should re-train. The management really needs a people skill workshop. The customers were the only reason for enduring the treatment you are subjected to while in their employment. There are not any set time for breaks including bathroom breaks. The employees do not view each other as part of a whole but instead as an individual. No team work. It was not even encouraged.
Pros
The environment.
Cons
No breaks
Interesting
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2016
I had fun dealing with people and building relationships with customers that I dealt with on a daily base, worked with a lot of good people whom I learned many things from.
Underpaid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2016
The job is underpaid for the responsibility. You will need a second income to be able to pay for any living expenses. I do not like being forced by Indeed to do this review.
Good if you have no life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2016
Pros
Above minimum pay, tons of hours.
Cons
can't go home until co-worker relieves you, management expects beyond perfection.
Solid job for flexible schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2016
Working for Mapco is a good job, but the more flexible your schedule the better. Expect to clean and stock store, not just sit behind the counter. Management is strict but can be fair. Angry costumers are the most difficult part of the day, but regulars that you get to know can make the day better.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No "true" breaks, bad health insurrence
Busy working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARMay 10, 2016
Constantly on your toes, and always learning new stuff. Busy and lots of work that has to be done. Hardest part of the job is having to work with busy truckers.. when they are in a hurry they get mad fast. Best part of the job would be that the manager was able to help me when my sons busy doctors schedule.Most enjoyable part of the job where my supportive customers, the ones i had grown close to and had a relationship with.
Pros
works with hours
Cons
short term leave
Terrible & Disrespectful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAMay 10, 2016
The atmosphere & customers were not a problem. It was the fact of being under paid, & over worked. Hired me as a part-time employee but expecting me too work full time hours 40+ but only paying & giving me the benefits of a part time employee. Manager & co-workers always disrespectful & cussing all the time. It was just all & all a terrible job.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
No breaks, couldnt eat or drink anything, underpaid
A enjoyable work environment.
Edit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 9, 2016
My co-workers and I worked as a team to complete month end. Everyone was willing to assist one another so that we could accomplish the goals of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job were the meetings because they provided information needed to help the company in growing.
Pros
Free lunches and bonuses.
Stay away
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 25, 2016
It was good at first but when management gets frustrated it gets taken out on employees. Vendors are horrible and district just doesn't care.
Pros
Employee beverage program, gift card for christmas
Cons
no breaks, no free coffee or drink, no break on gas, management doesnt know what they are doing
Working with the public is something I enjoy
Prep & Cook Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TN 37062April 23, 2016
I have always loved to cook and when I started working for Mapco I had the ability to train other co-workers the correct procedure on handling food products for consumers great place to work at
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
great customers and coworkers the rest sucks
cashier (Former Employee) –  jasper tnApril 15, 2016
none do not work for this company manager sucks coworkers are great not enough money for what you got to do none this is not for cashier to start out new or training
no lunch breaks
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2016
Mapco is a good place to work if you have the right management they have great benefits for their full time employees not much room for advancement they hire outside of the company
It was a place to make money and provide for your family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cross Plains, TNApril 11, 2016
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great experience with customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alpine, ALMarch 27, 2016
During opening shift, I would arrive a hour before opening to prep all breakfast items (biscuits, coffee, sandwiches), as well as double check all gasoline records and registers to ensure everything is correct from the night before. Then, throughout the day, maintain customer service to ensure excellent service.
During closing shift, I would have to clean floors, keep the coolers stocked, keep ice machines filled, and just like the morning shift, maintain customer service.
Pros
Great manager, great regular customers.
Cons
No advancement

2.8