Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

not a company you can grow with
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 9, 2017
Extreely an unorganized company with untrained unknowing managment and regional managment. You do not receive any benefits what so ever. You will hate working for this company
Usually a fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Monteagle, TNOctober 3, 2017
Mapco is a great place to work. It's normally relaxed and customers are usually great. The only problem with working at Mapco is how you get stuck working alone on the weekends, which is no big deal unless you're located by the interstate.
Pros
Double Points, Great boss, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No breaks, bad pay, no benefits.
Mapco is horrbile
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2017
The upper management at Mapco is horrible, they work you like a dog. They tend to think that the Memphis market is like the Nashville market. So they think we should do whatever Nashville is doing.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
No employees
day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
was the the cashier responsible for ring up customers and keeping the store clean.also had to to keep the store well stock and sign for store orders..
Horrible
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
The management was the worst I have experienced. New manager constantly verbally abused the employees that she wanted to go or did not like. This is the worst job I have ever worked for.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
I loved my job
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 18, 2017
It sucks that I was let go for the reason that I was let go for bc I really liked my job at Mapco. I wish that I still worked for them. I hope that I can come back and work for Mapco Mart again.
Work Environment
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 17, 2017
This place is a very fast pace place of employment due to the consumer traffic that comes in and out on all times. (Since the store is a 24 hour gas station that is usually opens after 10 pm).
Pros
Benefits of Mapco Rewards Card
Cons
Location. Lack of unity at times
Stressful environment, favouritism with employees
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 15, 2017
Some place I would never work again would have to be for Mapco. There was to much favoritism amongst employees and Management. Part timers have no benefits at all and the pay scale is absolutely terrible. Especially having to deal with all the stress and tension of the job itself. Definitely not worth it.
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Mapco was an ok place to work if you need to get a job in a hurry or you dont have kids or need a little extra money but the shifts you have to work can be long.
I enjoyed working for mapco
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company but the lack of hours and pay made me have to look other place for a better job I had issues in not getting a raise or more hours when asked management had there picks
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Fast and steady environment
not enough hours to much to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARSeptember 8, 2017
I had three shift and i had to do all the side work. it was crazy hours one morning one grave yard one evening. the management was unorganized along with everything else.
Not a place to advance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GASeptember 8, 2017
You don't want to work here. Both District Manager and Store manager are fairly sexist. No raises ever, no regular schedule. No benefits. Inconsistent
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, inconvenient, inconsistent, poor management
work needs help
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 2, 2017
maybe if we get to know our manager the store wouldn't be so crazy. Everybody there has an attitude and nobody tries to get along with on another. The manager doesn't communicate with us much.
Pros
you have a smooth, cool co-worker
Cons
runs out of everything, manager never there, too many attitude
Face paced. Low hours, low pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
Very temporary, manager communication terrible. Meet new people. Work at a fast pace. The pay is very low and not worth it. Cleaning and prepping for rushes is common.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flintstone, GAAugust 30, 2017
The store I was employed at was very small, it was only myself, another cashier and our manager. The regular customers made it a fun place to work, because I came to know everyone personally, and made a lot of friends. Unfortunately my store was sold to another company and they let us all go because there were no transfer opportunities for other stores.
Gas station
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2017
I worked in a second shift 2 PM - 10 PM. The work hours were flexible. I was endowed with additional learning responsibilities that helped me build my experience.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Helena, ARAugust 30, 2017
Fun laid back. I learn new products in the store great management . I would recommend anyone to work here. Nothing is never to hard for me its always a challenge. Fun place to work when you have great customers.
Unproductive and very stressful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White House, TN 37188August 28, 2017
My Manager and I are still friends to this day. I absolutely love her, but the Mapco Company does not care at all about the employees. My car was vandalized. I went through the Management Training and never received the Management pay. I took care of a store, but was treated badly!!!!
Easy place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 25, 2017
Management sucked my last two months at this location. But other then that it's a fairly easy going place to work. Gets busy at times but also gets slow.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 17, 2017
Gas sales were important so you started your day with a gas survey. All of your paperwork had to be turned in by 10 so that was done first. Once all the reports were finished I would stock the safe, check the store to make sure all shelf and end caps were properly stocked. Oversee the set up of lunch and clean up from breakfast in the deli. Do inventory on products, check in vendors throughout the day.