Mapco Mart Employee Reviews

productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at work was fast pace. I learned excellent customer service. The management was unorganized. The workplace culture was ok. the hardest part of the job was working eight hours or more without a break. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no breaks
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2017
like it because its the type of work i like to do you see different people everyday learn how to deal with it to also how to deal with lottery and money
Leave
Cashier/Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37404February 20, 2017
Maybe a good company but very unprofessional management. High turnover rate and a busy part of town, which lead to a lot of lost long time customers and business.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's a gas station job
Wonderful job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Enjoyed the experience,great learning experience.Moderate management.Great structure great co workers. Wonderful team work. Loved meeting new people great customers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment
meh i hated it
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAFebruary 17, 2017
It was an okay job. I loved the customers the employees are what made me hate coming to work. The managers wanted you to do their job while not getting their pay grade
Decent workplace
Assistant Manager (CSL) (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 16, 2017
Fun-filled environment most of the time
Managers were required to give 100% at all times
Short-staffed at times
Fairly easy job
Ok place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARFebruary 10, 2017
Mapco is a gas station. Typical gas station work. The people were nice to work with but management was not.

Pay is minimum wage, unless you work an overnight shift.
I love working for MAPCO
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 31, 2017
I love working for MAPCO, benefits at the office are great, most supervisors are easy to work alongside, it is a growing company, paid vacation and paid sick time
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 26, 2017
I loved working here and my manager was always attentive to your needs. If I ever needed more hours or time off, they'd work with me. Only downside is there are NO benefits unless you work 40hours. (Which is rare for part-timers)
Pros
Customers
Benefits
You meet a wide varity of people on a daily basis
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 15, 2017
Do your job and what is expected of you and you should be fine. You have assined tasks everyday that must be done to keep the place running and clean. If everyone does there part it all runs smoothly.
Cons
Breaks between customers. Which could mean no breaks.
Just a basic convenient store job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJanuary 12, 2017
The company could be much better but they would rather pay basic employees low wages while hiring people to sit and watch us on camera from Nashville 2 dollars more an hour then us to make sure we ask customers if they have or want a rewards card.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2017
Great people to work with . The management is always changing which means moving up is always an option. Very clean place with not many problems at all.
A journey into management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2016
I enjoyed the customer and employee relations. The upper level management left a lot to be desired. The company itself is very involved with fundraising for charities, which I enjoyed immensely. The biggest issue with this company is the management does not always stand behind it's managers.
This job is what you make it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 21, 2016
Mapco isn't the best, but you can make it the best. I've helped and met a lot of people. Work was easy. When not dealing with customers, I'm cleaning or conversing with the civilians around. Sadly, gas stations are low paying jobs, that loves making the load more than what it is, which affects the number of team members. Benefits only apply to full time employees, but more than likely everyone will be working full time hours(including part time).
Pros
Weekly pay, easy work
Cons
No advancement, no breaks, usually working the store alone.
gas station with no order
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 18, 2016
learned how to run register; count safe, handle money; and ring in customers as well as do lottery count. store was ran semi decent. could have been a lot more order as far as how the manager ran it.
Pros
got to work in the mornings, discount on some food items
Cons
schedule was never consistant, sometimes was the only cashier at rush hour
Fun, a chance to advance
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Armuchee, GADecember 16, 2016
I loved working here. I loved my coworkers and my boss. I loved the people. It is a place that you could easily talk to people and your boss as well as coworkers. The staff is great.
Pros
A good place to advance your career.
Cons
Having to be rude to people that come in drunk
fast paced, easy, but poorly compensated.
CSL (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 2, 2016
everything at mapco kind of runs on a schedule. you have set things to do, maybe even set times to do them, depending on which shift you're on. mostly the job is brewing coffee, keeping the entire store and lot clean, stocking stuff in your downtime, and mostly staying on register. the job is easy to advance in...sometimes. the assistant managing is the same work as a regular team member, with more tasks such as inventory management, office work, and basically learn the inner workings of a convenience store. the management at store level, in my very honest opinion, were wonderful. though there is a turnover rate, i feel like it's mostly due to employees leaving for higher pay. it's hard to get a raise, and when you do it's usually after learning management skills, but it's not by much. that makes the job a lot less fun but i feel like the hardest part of the job is when one of your systems crash or you run out of fuel. that's where the job gets truly stressful! the most enjoyable part is the people you meet along the way. you meet a lot of different people when working at a gas station, and i feel like mapco is a great place to do that. overall it's good if you like to stay busy, you're always busy. the rewards system is great (when it works) and the rewards you as an employee get are good. it's having a good attitude, making sure you put the customer and their satisfaction first. it was very fun, but had a lot of not fun parts.
Pros
the employee discount, discounted food, discounted gas, team members build points as they sign people up for rewards cards which gives bigger discounts.
Cons
low pay and it's hard to get a raise
Retail , nice job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 30, 2016
A good part time job, you could flex your hours. It was fun helping customers to find things. There was always some training going on to help you learn more about the company
Overall a good experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GANovember 29, 2016
The hardest part of doing this job, was the indecisiveness of the corporate office on how they wanted to view different aspects of the company. Overall good experience.
Great entry level positions.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Old Fort, TNNovember 22, 2016
Good cashiers typically do not stand in one place all day. When you're not helping customers, there is stock, cleaning, cooking, and other requirements to be met, usually by one individual. Management is usually very friendly and helpful, but also will make sure you stay within policy guidelines. Closing shift is especially difficult, as there is a through cleaning of the store as well as full stocking and closing shift paperwork, but dealing with the customers and carrying conversations is usually worth your time.
Pros
Plenty of hours.
Cons
Few to no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mapco Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7