MAPEI Corporation Employee Reviews

Strong company with great career potential for hardworkers.
Maintenance II Technician (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Italian based manufacturing company with multiple plants/offices that provides quality products. Temporary and permanent full time work available. Most positions are production which include 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts. Some new employees will start working nights. Training provided on the job, as well as for job advancement. Casual atmosphere with good benefits.
Pros
Paid time off, 401k, Bonuses, holiday parties, Stable career
Cons
Bureaucracy
Human Resources Review
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I recently started work in the Human Resources department at MAPEI and it has been an interesting ride so far.
I've met so many great people. People who have worked for this organization for over 10, 20 and some even 25+ years.

Typically, I'm in an office by myself with little interruptions, which is nice. There is constant pressure on most employees (not me, yet) and some people seem disgruntled. Some people have a difficult time managing the large workloads while others seem to be cool, collective and calm.

I enjoy working in a fast paced and ever changing manufacturing environment. Everyday has been something a little different than the day before. My co-workers have been extremely helpful but some of the people not in HR have been a little difficult to read or interact with from time to time.

The hardest part of my job is probably the communication. People in higher level roles travel often and can be difficult to get a hold of.
Pros
Benefits, Competitive Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, Growth
Cons
Company culture.
Gained Experience
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I gained alot of experience. Operated a lot of machinery, operated a forklift and worked with Pallets. Good place to work. Good benefits given after 90 days.
Worst company I have ever worked for. Very hostile environment. The only good thing about MAPEI is the benefits - decent healthcare and 401K
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 27, 2015
Other than the benefits -decent healthcare, dental and 401 K - MAPEI is a terrible place to work, I would not recommend it to my enemy. The environment is hostile and 90% of Management do not know how to create a balanced work environment. Managers lock themselves in their offices and think you are bothering them if you do need to go see them. It is basically a hostile environment where only friends and family get promoted. I would give the overall rating as less than one star.
Pros
health benefits, 401 K
Cons
Hostile environment, Low salary, no place for promotion, different rules for different people, High turnover rate
lack of modivation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 9, 2016
During the time employed by this company management would vanish after the first meeting of the day. The necessary checks and balances at this company were not adhered to.
Pros
The paychecks were on time
Cons
No control in the plant. Let the strong survive mentality.
Everyone is really upbeat and pleasant
Powder Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 15, 2016
I love it here, but every now and again management wants the unthinkable in terms of you coming into work on your days off. It's like here are your days off, just kidding!! I like a work/life balance.
Pros
The overtime is nice.
Cons
sometimes there can be way too much overtime.
Great company to work for
Purchasing Assistant/Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2016
As long as you communicate with the supervisors and the managers your life will be very easy working for MAPEI.

It is a growing company that will allow you to grow along with it.
Great company to be employed with.
Administrative Assistant, I (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 23, 2015
As a Customer Service Representative, I entered customer orders, answered all incoming calls, and processed complaints. I learned how to produce a great rapport with customers. I also learned the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and some Power Point. I had the pleasure of working with one of the best group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team inside of a company that produced good relationships with our customers as well as providing them with a great product. The management was wonderful in the way they were involved with all employees.
Pros
awesome benefits
no understanding of USA workers expectations and needs
ex employee (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL 33442May 11, 2016
corporate cultivates and atmosphere of distrust and in fighting
no trust between departments, and in most cases, for good reason
little chance for advancement within company
Fun place to work
Human Resources Generalist II (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Very good ambiance to work, nice people and very fun place to work. But they have a several problem in the management team.
Pros
benefits and compensations
Cons
management
Mapei is a place to build a career and grow with the company.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South River, NJDecember 3, 2015
Mapei is excellent with benefits and for the most part they are like a well oiled machine. You can start from the bottom and work your way up, you just need to work hard and show you have interest.
Pros
Steady hours, locations world wide, great benefits
Only thing good is the benefits
Liquid Production Manager (Current Employee) –  GarlandSeptember 7, 2013
Typical corporate structured company. Priority is money not employees. Company prefers to invest is equipment and acquisitions versus paying competitive pay and raises then brag to the employees of how well their doing. Mix messages? Yep!

Core company is in Milan Italy and their philosophy is family first, however the leadership team in the US "says" the same thing but expects you to be loyal to the company, change schedules, work 12-16 hour days, cancel your vacations without paying you back, cancelled Thanksgivings, Christmas's and didn't give pay increases for 4 years and told everyone be glad you have a job!

Senior Management are fools, liars and inconsistent. They state policies and procedures but change or ignore them to better themselves. They promote family members to managers to positions that require degrees even if they lack the education. Positions are created without posting jobs, unethical things are being done daily but everyone gets a cut up on the top. They killed the bonus program they put in place without telling the employees. The truth was we could achieve it and the payout was affecting their bonuses.
Constant product issues are another issue. This is due to a poor R&D lab and leadership. They develop products on a whim and don't realize the MFG costs. 90% of their stuff goes out before they test it?
Pros
Resign fast
Cons
Staying there
Productive and safe work place
PROCESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 22, 2016
• Work well in a team environment.
• Participates in safety, health and environmental programs
• Works in safe manner at all times.
• Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
• Preparing batches of formulas.
• Keep the area of operation neat and clean.
• Lifting and moving up to 50 lbs.
no complaints
Fork lift Operator/ Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 28, 2016
could get stressful at time but i did love all the overtime that was available. This is a very people friendly facility and gave their employees a great vacation packet
Good Company, but no chance for advancement
Plant Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Garland, TexasNovember 12, 2013
I have really enjoyed working for MAPEI and planned to retire there at the end of my working career. However, they know that I do not plan on leaving so there are limited opportunities to advance.
Pros
Close to home, inexpensive benefits
Cons
No chance to advance
Horrible
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  west chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Worked there for almost 5 years and stayed there 4 years too long. Management does what they want with no regard for employees. The worst place ive ever worked at... Make too many rules and nobody obeys them. Too much heavy lifting and too many people standing around not helping
Pros
Benefits, overtime, employees
Cons
everything else
they offer great benefits!
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 12, 2013
Working at mapei for over 3 years has been great but i am ready to move on and i don't see any type of opportunity for me. i want to step up to something else that will improve my career as a warehouse associate.
Pros
As a first shift employee hours are good. 7am-3:30pm
Cons
bad management
This is the best plant to work !!!!
Production supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 23, 2012
This company has really good benefits for the employers. Really competitive company, good team work. All i can say it good but really far from my home.
Pros
everything is ok
Cons
to far from my house that the only i can say.
N/a
General Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits, strives to be best in class. Company is growing and embraces diversity.
poor management and enployees
production (Former Employee) –  fort lauderdale, flDecember 8, 2013
I'm a young guy who learns very fast. Safe and an very efficient worker. Unfortunately, I was the only one. The others were very bad forklift drivers (simple crash everyday by them), no one picks up after themselves, and always low on product. Management was very lazy and allowing all the crew to do even their jobs! The job is very dirty, unorganized, and people hated it. You out work yourself til your drentched and pay seems like crumbs to what you actually put in work wise. Very little time to spend with the family because overtime was always needed and given freely. Lacking communication, no sense of professionalism, and a corrupt company.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
everything else!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAPEI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

66%