MAPEI Corporation Employee Reviews

Mapei is a place to build a career and grow with the company.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South River, NJDecember 3, 2015
Mapei is excellent with benefits and for the most part they are like a well oiled machine. You can start from the bottom and work your way up, you just need to work hard and show you have interest.
Pros
Steady hours, locations world wide, great benefits
Worst company I have ever worked for. Very hostile environment. The only good thing about MAPEI is the benefits - decent healthcare and 401K
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 27, 2015
Other than the benefits -decent healthcare, dental and 401 K - MAPEI is a terrible place to work, I would not recommend it to my enemy. The environment is hostile and 90% of Management do not know how to create a balanced work environment. Managers lock themselves in their offices and think you are bothering them if you do need to go see them. It is basically a hostile environment where only friends and family get promoted. I would give the overall rating as less than one star.
Pros
health benefits, 401 K
Cons
Hostile environment, Low salary, no place for promotion, different rules for different people, High turnover rate
Great company to be employed with.
Administrative Assistant, I (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 23, 2015
As a Customer Service Representative, I entered customer orders, answered all incoming calls, and processed complaints. I learned how to produce a great rapport with customers. I also learned the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and some Power Point. I had the pleasure of working with one of the best group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team inside of a company that produced good relationships with our customers as well as providing them with a great product. The management was wonderful in the way they were involved with all employees.
Pros
awesome benefits
Nice place to work with friendly co-workers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 4, 2015
Great company. I have really nice co-workers which make the job easy and a joy to work for. The managers here treat everyone fairly and they make working here fun, by celebrating all of the national holidays.
N/A
General Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits, strives to be best in class. Company is growing and embraces diversity.
I enjoyed working for Mapei Corp. it was a great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 17, 2015
I would start my day by getting my area in order before my shift started so I would go in a little early I enjoy working with others so this position was great for me I also enjoy working in a warehouse.
Pros
I enjoy working in a fast pace environment.
Cons
I didn't have any cons with my position at Mapei
Mapei
Warehouse lead supervisor (Former Employee) –  West chicago, IllinoisMay 14, 2015
Worked 3rd shift which was 11PM-730AM everyone that was on receiving was fun to work with but, the other shifts we over lapped with were quite intorrable. In the early morning around 5AM the big boss would patrol the warehouse and go head hunting. I wouldn't reccommend this unless you really need a job.
Pros
3rd Shift Laid Back
Cons
Everything Else
Excellent Company, Great family atmosphere
Plant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale, FloridaMay 13, 2015
Typical day at Mapei starts with the morning reports that needed to be completed for the Unit Manager, Once completed, I then complete my daily reports. Once completed I then work with all new hire employees with their first set of training.
Pros
Great company who celebrates greatness
Cons
There were no clear cons to this company
Great Company
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2015
Great Company to work for. Benefits are great, they care about there employees. I would recommend this company to others.
a good company
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 10, 2015
Is a very good company to work for, the management there is horrible. There is alot of favortism there. On the coporate end of the company, is great.

Want to know more about MAPEI Corporation?

Ask a question
Productive Compayn
Operator 3 (Chemical Batch Maker) (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 16, 2015
Great environment to work in, co-workers are great, I have learned a great deal about different products. The job is not hard, you just got to be careful when handling chemicals.
n/a
maintenance (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2015
This companie dosent fail to let you know that you are easily replaced. Job security is not something they care bout you could be fired out of the blue
If you want your life spend time with your family this is not the place
process ll operator (Current Employee) –  garland,txFebruary 2, 2015
This company sucks works lot of overtime ,not enough time to spend with family,sometime they will make you work on your off days even if you don't want to, *that last mintue stuff * and they only give 1hr lunch which sucks, not good place to work plus they only care about there family and not the employees
Horrible
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  west chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Worked there for almost 5 years and stayed there 4 years too long. Management does what they want with no regard for employees. The worst place ive ever worked at... Make too many rules and nobody obeys them. Too much heavy lifting and too many people standing around not helping
Pros
benefits, overtime, employees
Cons
everything else
Fast Pace productive Hard working Company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2014
I have my own office in the Shipping Dept. This dept. is responsible for incoming shipment and out going. Daily I control loads making sure the weight is accurate contacting customers in more weight is needed to fill these loads. In control of all UPS parcel that goes out to customers, billing, and LTL's .. I also schedule with freight carries to set appointment to pick up freight, truck loads. I am usually the last clerk here making sure the end of the day is smooth al loads picked up and everything shipped for the day.
Pros
free coofee
Cons
advancement is limited
Productive and not organized
Material Handler/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2014
Typical work day for me is that I go in and there are back orders to be picked. Trucks are there to pick up the delivery at their scheduled time and the orders haven't been picked. So usually I go in and start picking an order and would also have to load.. as a result of it being a back order it usually we have to take a late lunch with no breaks in between. It's very busy and fast paced but hard work goes unnoticed.
Pros
good pto, good health benefits
Cons
hot in the summer, cold in the winter, dirty and dusty, lack of equpment, poor scheduling
great job and fun environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 8, 2014
I learned a lot about chemicals (mixing and different kinds). Co-workers laughed and got along but also got the work done in a timely manner.
Pros
growth within the company, work environment
Cons
not enough hours
poor management and enployees
production (Former Employee) –  fort lauderdale, flDecember 8, 2013
I'm a young guy who learns very fast. Safe and an very efficient worker. Unfortunately, I was the only one. The others were very bad forklift drivers (simple crash everyday by them), no one picks up after themselves, and always low on product. Management was very lazy and allowing all the crew to do even their jobs! The job is very dirty, unorganized, and people hated it. You out work yourself til your drentched and pay seems like crumbs to what you actually put in work wise. Very little time to spend with the family because overtime was always needed and given freely. Lacking communication, no sense of professionalism, and a corrupt company.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
everything else!!!!
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 20, 2013
Easy Days. no good bosses, dumb people who cannot read or right, nothing hard about it and the pay is no good.
Good Company, but no chance for advancement
Plant Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Garland, TexasNovember 12, 2013
I have really enjoyed working for MAPEI and planned to retire there at the end of my working career. However, they know that I do not plan on leaving so there are limited opportunities to advance.
Pros
close to home, inexpensive benefits
Cons
no chance to advance