MAPEI Corporation Employee Reviews

Poor Leadership
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 26, 2017
Poor Management - great people but don't stay due to poor management of leadership - no incentive for advancement. Goals are set so high so employees can't achieve them and get their bonus.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
long hours, poor management
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry that you feel the management was not adequate.

I'm a bit surprised to hear about no incentive for advancement. We have competitive wages and offer performance and annual merit increases as well as increases for promotion. MAPEI is also on the fast track to have IDP (individual development plans) setup for all of our employees so that we can understand their personal and career goals and help them get there.

We'd love to hear more from you, feel free to reach out to hr@mapei.com.

No review
R&D (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 25, 2017
I don't like to review companies
Family company private. Depends on the department you wk the experience is different. Multicultural environment benefits are acceptable
Italian based company who clearly don't understand American laws
Process operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 4, 2017
Job is horrible as well as management please reconsider unless you very much like being belittled on a daily basis. Typical day made batches of epoxy while being micromanaged all day with people getting in your way making you mess up on a batch because they can't keep there hands off your devices.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything in your worst nightmare
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your experience at MAPEI.

As you may know, MAPEI is experiencing rapid growth. With our growth, we are focusing on becoming one of the best organizations as it relates to our culture and working environment. The experiences you've shared are not within the MAPEI norm and we'd like to rectify these issues.

Please reach out to hr@mapei.com so that we can properly investigate this.

Good company, bad management
Warehouse Clerk/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Overall the time here was okay. I enjoyed working at a fast pace & could get stressful during busy months. Management does not listen to complaints. Claims to be a team environment but my time here has shown that the hard working get screwed over by the slow paced workers that don't care for the job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, pto, company culture
Cons
Had to work during company holidays, management
Production
Shipping/Receiving/Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Busy warehouse fast-paced. Awesome employees and Supervisors. Ability to cross train and overtime. Location has quick access to main highway and gated parking lot.
poor management
Clerical (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
hectic place to work at and horrible at keeping organized. i was there to catch them up on their data entry and was doing above and beyond of what i had to do, and one day to another got laid off,
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience.

As you may know, MAPEI is going through rapid growth. With growth, sometimes there are growing pains. It sounds like you may have been experiencing some of those growing pains.

Please reach out to us so that we can properly address your concerns at hr@mapei.com.

fast paced environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Hardworking Employees with good teamwork values.
Days typically began by starting off where the last shift left off.
reported to the Shift lead to be given the job duties for the day.
Pros
family picnics
Great Company
Commercial Projects Sales Manager (CPM) (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2017
This is a very large international company with great opportunity to advance and learn.

MAPEI, has a number of lines including setting materials, adhesives and concrete restoration products.
Pros
Opprotunity.
Cons
Typical Corp. Bad Players, though very few.
forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
run for the hills dont even think about applying here this company does not care about its employees they will work you like a slave until they get every last bit of energy from you. management has no idea what they are doing my advice to anyone is dont apply here you will hate your life and will seriously hate everyone around you
Pros
Cons
management, breaks, hours, mandatory, the people
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience working at MAPEI.

Typically, when someone exits our organization, we conduct an exit interview in order to learn why someone is leaving and what we can do to change our culture, working environment and or processes. I do not know if you participated in our exit interview process but we'd like to hear more from you.

Please feel free to reach out to hr@mapei.com.

Small Company
Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 12, 2017
Harsh work environment, but that is to be expected working in a cement production plant, hot in the summers, no air conditioning an cold in the winters. Management was excellent, they understood the work but serious communication problems between workers because most did not speak English.
Pros
very demanding but fulfilling job
Cons
24 hour operations
Warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 30, 2017
Dealing with paint buckets everyday than the guys that have been there forever didn't like anybody new. So they made the job 10times harder on me but I got thru it everyday
December 18, 2017

This type of feedback is critical to our organization. While you no longer work for the organization, feel free to share details of your experience with hr@mapei.com and we can work to ensure this doesn't happen with other new employees.

Good luck in your new endeavors.

fair
Arodo machine operator/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 10, 2017
Short in people,no supervisor.Machines always breaking, have no replacement part on ground. Run out of raw materials almost everyday.I learned how to become a better lead ,and how to communicate with my workers.
December 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear that you've learned how to become a better leader and how to communicate with the people on your team

At MAPEI, we value our employees input. Please feel free to reach out to hr@mapei.com with any concerns you may have. We work everyday to improve the working environment at our organization.

Very laid back environment and a learning experience
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Typical day at Mapei would be responsibilities turned over from prior shift and and repairs or parts ordered to complete tasks. I'm continuing to learn more as my career goes on. The knowledge I know now from when I first started at Multipack Solutions is far more advanced and what I am able to apply at any company I come to. The management and co-workers are very helpful and I feel I can talk to them about anything. The hardest part of my job at Mapei is really getting to know the different types of machines, but eventually I will learn and adapt to all different machines and how they work.The most enjoyable and interesting part of my job is learning new things and applying them as I grow stronger in any task that is given to me.

I am very motivated, and I can provide certain information or suggestions that benefits the team.
Pros
Great learning experience with helpful colleagues
Cons
Too laid back at times
Strong company with great career potential for hardworkers.
Maintenance II Technician (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Italian based manufacturing company with multiple plants/offices that provides quality products. Temporary and permanent full time work available. Most positions are production which include 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts. Some new employees will start working nights. Training provided on the job, as well as for job advancement. Casual atmosphere with good benefits.
Pros
Paid time off, 401k, Bonuses, holiday parties, Stable career
Cons
Bureaucracy
Gained Experience
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I gained alot of experience. Operated a lot of machinery, operated a forklift and worked with Pallets. Good place to work. Good benefits given after 90 days.
Great company to work for
Purchasing Assistant/Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 6, 2016
As long as you communicate with the supervisors and the managers your life will be very easy working for MAPEI.

It is a growing company that will allow you to grow along with it.
Human Resources Review
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 13, 2016
I recently started work in the Human Resources department at MAPEI and it has been an interesting ride so far.
I've met so many great people. People who have worked for this organization for over 10, 20 and some even 25+ years.

Typically, I'm in an office by myself with little interruptions, which is nice. There is constant pressure on most employees (not me, yet) and some people seem disgruntled. Some people have a difficult time managing the large workloads while others seem to be cool, collective and calm.

I enjoy working in a fast paced and ever changing manufacturing environment. Everyday has been something a little different than the day before. My co-workers have been extremely helpful but some of the people not in HR have been a little difficult to read or interact with from time to time.

The hardest part of my job is probably the communication. People in higher level roles travel often and can be difficult to get a hold of.
Pros
Benefits, Competitive Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, Growth
Cons
Company culture.
lack of modivation
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 9, 2016
During the time employed by this company management would vanish after the first meeting of the day. The necessary checks and balances at this company were not adhered to.
Pros
The paychecks were on time
Cons
No control in the plant. Let the strong survive mentality.
Productive and safe work place
PROCESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 22, 2016
• Work well in a team environment.
• Participates in safety, health and environmental programs
• Works in safe manner at all times.
• Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
• Preparing batches of formulas.
• Keep the area of operation neat and clean.
• Lifting and moving up to 50 lbs.
no complaints
Fork lift Operator/ Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 28, 2016
could get stressful at time but i did love all the overtime that was available. This is a very people friendly facility and gave their employees a great vacation packet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAPEI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9