MAPEI Corporation

MAPEI Corporation Employee Reviews

Mapei
Warehouse lead supervisor (Former Employee), West chicago, IllinoisMay 14, 2015
Pros: 3rd Shift Laid Back
Cons: Everything Else
Worked 3rd shift which was 11PM-730AM everyone that was on receiving was fun to work with but, the other shifts we over lapped with were quite intorrable. In the early morning around 5AM the big boss would patrol the warehouse and go head hunting. I wouldn't reccommend this unless you really need a job.
Excellent Company, Great family atmosphere
Plant Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FloridaMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great company who celebrates greatness
Cons: There were no clear cons to this company
Typical day at Mapei starts with the morning reports that needed to be completed for the Unit Manager, Once completed, I then complete my daily reports. Once completed I then work with all new hire employees with their first set of training.
Great Company
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 26, 2015
Great Company to work for. Benefits are great, they care about there employees. I would recommend this company to others.
a good company
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 10, 2015
Is a very good company to work for, the management there is horrible. There is alot of favortism there. On the coporate end of the company, is great.
Productive Compayn
Operator 3 (Chemical Batch Maker) (Current Employee), Garland, TXMarch 16, 2015
Great environment to work in, co-workers are great, I have learned a great deal about different products. The job is not hard, you just got to be careful when handling chemicals.
n/a
maintenance (Former Employee), West Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2015
This companie dosent fail to let you know that you are easily replaced. Job security is not something they care bout you could be fired out of the blue
If you want your life spend time with your family this is not the place
process ll operator (Current Employee), garland,txFebruary 2, 2015
This company sucks works lot of overtime ,not enough time to spend with family,sometime they will make you work on your off days even if you don't want to, *that last mintue stuff * and they only give 1hr lunch which sucks, not good place to work plus they only care about there family and not the employees
Horrible
Lead Machine Operator (Former Employee), west chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, overtime, employees
Cons: everything else
Worked there for almost 5 years and stayed there 4 years too long. Management does what they want with no regard for employees. The worst place ive ever worked at... Make too many rules and nobody obeys them. Too much heavy lifting and too many people standing around not helping
Fast Pace productive Hard working Company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2014
Pros: free coofee
Cons: advancement is limited
I have my own office in the Shipping Dept. This dept. is responsible for incoming shipment and out going. Daily I control loads making sure the weight is accurate contacting customers in more weight is needed to fill these loads. In control of all UPS parcel that goes out to customers, billing, and LTL's .. I also schedule with freight carries to set appointment to pick up freight, truck loads. I am usually the last clerk here making sure the end of the day is smooth al loads picked up and everything shipped for the day.
Productive and not organized
Material Handler/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee), West Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good pto, good health benefits
Cons: hot in the summer, cold in the winter, dirty and dusty, lack of equpment, poor scheduling
Typical work day for me is that I go in and there are back orders to be picked. Trucks are there to pick up the delivery at their scheduled time and the orders haven't been picked. So usually I go in and start picking an order and would also have to load.. as a result of it being a back order it usually we have to take a late lunch with no breaks in between. It's very busy and fast paced but hard work goes unnoticed.
great job and fun environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 8, 2014
Pros: growth within the company, work environment
Cons: not enough hours
I learned a lot about chemicals (mixing and different kinds). Co-workers laughed and got along but also got the work done in a timely manner.
poor management and enployees
production (Former Employee), fort lauderdale, flDecember 8, 2013
Pros: uniforms
Cons: everything else!!!!
I'm a young guy who learns very fast. Safe and an very efficient worker. Unfortunately, I was the only one. The others were very bad forklift drivers (simple crash everyday by them), no one picks up after themselves, and always low on product. Management was very lazy and allowing all the crew to do even their jobs! The job is very dirty, unorganized, and people hated it. You out work yourself til your drentched and pay seems like crumbs to what you actually put in work wise. Very little time to spend with the family because overtime was always needed and given freely. Lacking communication, no sense of professionalism, and a corrupt company.
Process Operator (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 20, 2013
Easy Days. no good bosses, dumb people who cannot read or right, nothing hard about it and the pay is no good.
Good Company, but no chance for advancement
Plant Production Planner (Current Employee), Garland, TexasNovember 12, 2013
Pros: close to home, inexpensive benefits
Cons: no chance to advance
I have really enjoyed working for MAPEI and planned to retire there at the end of my working career. However, they know that I do not plan on leaving so there are limited opportunities to advance.
Only thing good is the benefits
Liquid Production Manager (Current Employee), GarlandSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: resign fast
Cons: staying there
Typical corporate structured company. Priority is money not employees. Company prefers to invest is equipment and acquisitions versus paying competitive pay and raises then brag to the employees of how well their doing. Mix messages? Yep!

Core company is in Milan Italy and their philosophy is family first, however the leadership team in the US "says" the same thing but expects you to be loyal to the company, change schedules, work 12-16 hour days, cancel your vacations without paying you back, cancelled Thanksgivings, Christmas's and didn't give pay increases for 4 years and told everyone be glad – more... you have a job!

Senior Management are fools, liars and inconsistent. They state policies and procedures but change or ignore them to better themselves. They promote family members to managers to positions that require degrees even if they lack the education. Positions are created without posting jobs, unethical things are being done daily but everyone gets a cut up on the top. They killed the bonus program they put in place without telling the employees. The truth was we could achieve it and the payout was affecting their bonuses.
Constant product issues are another issue. This is due to a poor R&D lab and leadership. They develop products on a whim and don't realize the MFG costs. 90% of their stuff goes out before they test it? – less
they offer great benefits!
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Garland, TXAugust 12, 2013
Pros: as a first shift employee hours are good. 7am-3:30pm
Cons: bad management
Working at mapei for over 3 years has been great but i am ready to move on and i don't see any type of opportunity for me. i want to step up to something else that will improve my career as a warehouse associate.
good place to work
supervisor (Former Employee), south river , njApril 30, 2013
i liked working here. the workers helped each other and we had many hard days there
very dirty place to work but good people
Supervisor in MFG (Former Employee), south river , njApril 30, 2013
supervised 12 people on 2 shifts they listened and i hope i helped them improve work conditions
A superior company to work for
Production Artist FREELANCE (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLApril 14, 2013
Pros: just great!
Cons: there is a learning curve to understanding their system.
This company is unique. They have streamlined their entire internal system for passing work between departments and managers. It is not perfect, but the effort is to be applauded. Upper management is a little bit distant but offers so many internal perks that you just can't help wanting to work there. I freelanced there and had to endure an unpleasant commute and slightly lower pay than I'm accustomed to, but I'm new to the state, so, I do not want to be greedy. This corporation made you feel so much a part of everything, it was easy to overlook the shortcomings.
produtive and fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: great pay, good schedule
I truely enjoyed this job, great boss, good people to work with, great pay,great schedule.

MAPEI Corporation Salaries