MAPFRE Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 10, 2017
Co-Workers are fantastic, location is great. Provides opportunity to network and meet with other entrepreneur's on a weekly basis. Manager is the best. Provides training with exceptional benefits from day 1.
growing company
Policy Services Rep. II (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAJuly 7, 2017
there are lots of changes but most of them are good. Provides slower growth than I am used to but opportunity is there. values employee input and community service.
Job
Physical Damage Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJune 20, 2017
Management was good. A lot was expected out of workers. Claims adjusters have to deal with the brunt of the problems. Customers always getting into confrontations.
Benefits
Cons
every day tasks
way too much micro managing
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMay 5, 2017
Way to much micro managing! Be prepared to be drained daily. Management is very hard to please.Quality assurance is brutal. Expectations constantly changes. Not the best place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
too much pressure even the strongest individual will break
Too Many Polotics
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAApril 14, 2017
Not necessarily based on knowledge. Have to know someone to get anywhere in the company. Otherwise you pretty much stay stagnant. Pay very low for the industry
Great Place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAApril 11, 2017
Proud to have been a member of the Mapfre Team - Great benefits - Exceptional benefits package - Generous paid time off and holidays - Very fair place to work
Cons
Micromanagement
Overall Good Company
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 28, 2017
I have worked at MAPFRE for almost 9 years now and I would say MAPFRE Insurance is a good company to work for. They are very good to their employees.
Excellent Place to work
Customer Service Rep // Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 11, 2017
I started working at MAPFRE insurance in early 2016. There is nothing wrong as to why I am leaving. I am just relocating to Texas. Unfortunately we don't have an office in Texas or I would just relocate to there. I go to work around 7 everyday and open the Human Resources lobby. I then log into my phone and start taking calls around 8 am. I take 100 sometimes more calls a day. Calls ranging between claims,billing, and auto body calls. I leave work around 4:30 unless I do overtime which is until 6 pm. The hardest part of my job is probably having to deal with claims when something terrible has gone wrong in the accident and having to hear the pain in their voices. The most enjoyable part of my job is being in the lobby and greeting everyone. I am a people person!
Cons
hard to take time off
Low pay but good benefits
Support Services clerk (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 4, 2017
Management micromanages you until you just want to go cry in a corner which I've seen some employees do. You can't talk to your coworkers not even if you have a question about what you're doing. You're expected to bring questions to your supervisor but they usually do not have the answer. The pay is extremely low and it's near impossible to get a decent raise. I started at $12 an hour and after 4 years left making $12.89. Ridiculous. I had a manager who didn't like me and she would accuse me of doing the most ridiculous things like making a face at her. Really? How old are we here? They also treat you like you're a child and don't know anything.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
See above
Ambiente apropiado para trabajar
Directora Regional Técnica (Former Employee) –  CaliFebruary 21, 2017
Buen grupo empresarial, apoyo total dentro de un ambiente de respeto, educación y llevando a sus empleados a prepararse cada dia y superar obstaculos personales, profesionales.
Pros
Seguro medico, seguro vehiculo
Stable employment
Claims Adjuster Sr. Casualty (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAJanuary 26, 2017
This is a solid company who has never had layoffs since I have worked here. There is from frustration regarding the review process and lack of work from options.
Trabajo en equipo, reconocimiento a empleados
Asistente Administrativo (Former Employee) –  El SalvadorJanuary 25, 2017
Una buena empresa para empezar a conocer procesos administrativos
Pros
Buenos horarios de oficina
The potential is there, but MAPFRE has obstacles to overcome
Employee (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent benefits. Many great people. IT issues abound. Definite staffing issues in various departments; expectations from leadership are high with regard to exempt employees needing to put in time beyond 40 hours "to get the job done".
Pros
Excellent benefits and many great people
Cons
Staffing / IT / workload & work/life balance
Unreasonable workload
Claim Rep 1, PD (Former Employee) –  Webster, MADecember 17, 2016
An impossible amount of work, poor direction from managers, saw an employee puke at her desk, 4 people left in ambulances in one week and numerous people walk out every single week!
Pros
Insurance from day one and vacation days from day one
Cons
Little pay incentives, unmanageable work loads
Productive and busy work environment
Casualty/PIP Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 26, 2016
Benefits are great, and the work atmosphere is second to none. The people really make the job. We are a company that is continuing to change to make an impact. Management is leading the way
Pros
Good benefits Competitive wages
Cons
Work load and expectations can be high.
Buena empresa
Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEOctober 19, 2016
Trabajo en equipo, responsabilidad social, buenos beneficios
A decent job if you're comfortable staying in one place and dealing with irate customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 14, 2016
It was great to learn about the insurance business in general so you knew what changes to make to your personal policy... And coworkers were friendly. But working in the call center (or ECC as they call it) is not for the faint of heart. Very few truly enjoyed their jobs. You have to be prepared for people to scream/swear at you and degrade you because of the service they were provided, even if you took no part in the service yourself. Also you're only given 15 minutes throughout the day for personal time- aka to go to the bathroom, get coffee, make a phone call, etc. You have to clock in and out to use it and get scolded if you exceed it. Besides those 15 minutes, you're expected to be glued to your phone and take 200+ calls daily. Food days with coworkers and benefits were the perks of working there.
Pros
Food days, coworkers, benefits
Cons
Strict, 15 minutes to go to the bathroom all day, unreasonable QA guidelines
Enjoyable atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAJune 2, 2016
I use a daily workflow and a management system at the beginning of each day in order to achieve goals and sales, such as organize work space, read and return emails, documents, faxes voicemails, text messages, etc. update management system, I'm constantly helping and assisting clients with billing inquiries, endorsements, claims process more than half the time with Spanish speaking clients. Prospect new business and leads. I learn the different systems required, underwriting and claims process, as well as grow overall experience and knowledge in every aspect by dealing with customer needs and demands. Interact and communicate with claims, customer service, underwriting, and accounting. I enjoy the company of my colleagues and really appreciate all of them when we have the opportunity to see one another we all get along well. the hardest part of my job is when I can't complete a task on the same day, or encounter IT issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to helping clients in meeting their needs while I fulfill my own.
Pros
Great benefits package, enjoy my coworkers
Cons
difficult to advance in job placement
Official response from MAPFRE Insurance
June 24, 2016

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoy working at MAPFRE Insurance, with your customer and have several interesting responsibilities, but yet your star rating doesn't reflect that. Hoping that was an oversight and that you truly are happy here. You sound very productive and successful!

very confortable environment
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  dominican republicMay 12, 2016
i worked 10 years and always i was in contact with the last technologies on the market and the best administrative trend.
Typical Call center with horrible billing department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 8, 2015
Working in the billing department was horrific. Statments would get sent out late, or sometimes not at all. Then customers would call in very upset wondering why they were double billed and we were just required to tell them that we apologize but we didn't have a chance to send out the last bill. Very unprofessional, I'm suprised this company is still around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAPFRE Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.