MAPFRE Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable atmosphere
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAJune 2, 2016
I use a daily workflow and a management system at the beginning of each day in order to achieve goals and sales, such as organize work space, read and return emails, documents, faxes voicemails, text messages, etc. update management system, I'm constantly helping and assisting clients with billing inquiries, endorsements, claims process more than half the time with Spanish speaking clients. Prospect new business and leads. I learn the different systems required, underwriting and claims process, as well as grow overall experience and knowledge in every aspect by dealing with customer needs and demands. Interact and communicate with claims, customer service, underwriting, and accounting. I enjoy the company of my colleagues and really appreciate all of them when we have the opportunity to see one another we all get along well. the hardest part of my job is when I can't complete a task on the same day, or encounter IT issues. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to helping clients in meeting their needs while I fulfill my own.
Pros
Great benefits package, enjoy my coworkers
Cons
difficult to advance in job placement

Comment – June 24, 2016

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you enjoy working at MAPFRE Insurance, with your customer and have several interesting responsibilities, but yet your star rating doesn't reflect that. Hoping that was an oversight and that you truly are happy here. You sound very productive and successful!

very confortable environment
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  dominican republicMay 12, 2016
i worked 10 years and always i was in contact with the last technologies on the market and the best administrative trend.
Typical Call center with horrible billing department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 8, 2015
Working in the billing department was horrific. Statments would get sent out late, or sometimes not at all. Then customers would call in very upset wondering why they were double billed and we were just required to tell them that we apologize but we didn't have a chance to send out the last bill. Very unprofessional, I'm suprised this company is still around.
Good place to stop in and learn new skills. Not a great place to spend a career
Claims (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 8, 2015
This job is awesome for a while. It gets you real world experience. Some of the bosses are really awesome. You run into a lot of the problems that you do in the corporate world. Achievements are not recognized/rewarded. Yearly reviews are politicized with the biggest raises going to people who are good friends with management. Co-workers are generally pretty cool and you have a decent amount of time to socialize. Management expects a lot. The jobs here do not pay anywhere close to industry average since the facility is in the middle of nowhere and they expect that everyone is living in Webster or Thompson.
Pros
fun coworkers, some cool bosses.
Cons
sub-par pay rate, expectations are sky high for some positions, ratings are rigged so you can never exceed expectations unless you are friends with mgmt.
End User Support Specialist II (Desktop support technician)
End User Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 4, 2015
Check the Service Now queue, pick up tickets that have not been taken. Go through each ticket and decide which tickets need to be taken care of stat, and then the people that need to be taken care of right away, such as executives and the president. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and learning more about upgrading operating systems, installing and troubleshooting hardware peripherals. Tested any wireless device. Help users remotely. Check and fix any connectivity issues. My management was never really involved as we didn't have a supervisor, just a manager. That gave me the freedom to make decisions and do things on my own. We also worked together as a team if there was an issue you couldn't figure out, and then just documented the fix, in case someone else needs the information at a later date. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the large work volume, with a limited staff. I loved working on the wireless devices the most. I order them, negotiate with Verizon for better plans to meet our needs, and different devices that would work best for us.
Pros
401k, medical, eye, and dental insurance
Cons
rude employees, too much work and not enough people. no appreciation.
Productive Company that helps the community
Quick Response Team Rep (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 2, 2015
As a quick response team representative, I took many different types of calls. Some of the types of call I took were; customer service, endorsements, billing, first report claims, and even general inquiry calls. I learned allot about the insurance industry.

Management was very involved and co workers were friendly.

The hardest part of the job was the inconsistencies of the systems they had used. The best part of the job was the constant volume of calls.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
outdated systems
Management always pitches in.
Maintenance & Facilities Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Excellent place to work!! Upper management is always willing to help.
Nice Place to Work
Senior Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 21, 2014
Got new opportunities.
Different product development in last 3 years.
Good planning
Team Work
Pros
good planning, new opportunities
Location easily accessible
SENIOR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAApril 23, 2014
Average benefits with comparable pay for the area.
Talented co-workers.
A boiler room operation.
Project Manager - Agile Methodology (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2013
You are there as a chess piece,to get done what needs to be done, with no training or documentation to assist you. There is no coaching and absolutely no managerial oversight. The only positive is that you are there with a lot of other talented people and any learning is from interaction with them. This company is in the process of migrating as many jobs overseas that they can and as fast as they can.
Pros
a paycheck.
Cons
too many to list.
Full of promise.
General Inquiry Rep/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 22, 2013
A typical day at Mapfre for me, is always being on phones, transfering calls, directing people where they need to go in the department/company chain. Through those calls, there would be incoming appraisals that would be sent out as well. Before working with Mapfre, I had no idea what insurance was about. I can now understand many Insurance terms and how each department works and what they do. The most enjoyble part about this job, is how much typing and working with computers there is.
Pros
great benefits. tons of pto
Cons
so many people, these leads to less communication.
Bodily Injury Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 4, 2013
Good place to work, very interesting. Stable company, good people to work. Every day learning work.
Worst experience of my life
Grunt (Former Employee) –  GilbertApril 1, 2013
Unorganized and micromanaged by Massachusetts. No respect for employees
Cons
too numerous to mention