MAPFRE Employee Reviews in United States

Gone Downhill
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAJanuary 30, 2016
Gone are the days of mother Commerce. Management plays favorites. One group has three times more work than the others and nobody cares. Extremely stressful.
Pros
Benefits are OK
Cons
Too many to list
Un Lugar de trabajo donde requieren mucha produccion.
Claims Approver (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 19, 2016
Es un area donde el objetivo principal es el pago de reclamciones.
luego de lograr unos numeros requeridos a diario de produccion. se tiene que hacer varias tareas clericales. en el caso de mi puesto tengo varias tareas adicionales a la produccion.
Pros
breaks de 15 min
Cons
salario bajo
A very empowering philsophy.
Insurance Supervisor, Material Damage Department (Former Employee) –  Webster, MassJuly 22, 2015
A great company which allowed me to grow as a supervisor. I was given the opportunity to design and implemented a state wide customer service program which eventually was expanded national with over 8 figures of saving to the company. Highly regarded program by both management and MAPHRE customers.
Pros
Allowed to take a leadership role in a growing company.
Cons
After many successes program was being changed with a different focus.
Stranded
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 22, 2015
enjoyed working here for the most parts. The management was very unprofessional, they provided an assist line to assist coordinators, they rarely answered and when they did they had an attitude and did not want to help.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unprofessional and high turnaround rate
Very relaxful work environment
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 15, 2013
On an average day my work flow consist of me answering calls from stranded motorist, I collect information from and dispatch roadside assistance to the vehilce's breakdown location. I learned the importance in probing and asking questions, management was committed in making the work enviroment vey enjoyable and plesant. My co-workers were definitely fun to be around and make the work day go by very fast time. The hardest part of my job, I would say os having to let the stranded motorist know they no longer have an active roadside assistance service and must pay for the service. However, what I love about the job is the satisfaction I get when I am able to help the standed motorist secure help in their stressful situation
Pros
flexibility in using cell phones, tablets, & mp3 devices while on the production floor
Cons
short breaks
All the time I worked outside.
Independent Insurance Agent/ Property and Casualty (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 13, 2015
How Independent Insurance Agent my work always was outside of the companies, but my experience was excellent when I call to the producer service department. Never has problem with a claim. Always paid my commission on time.
Great Medical, Dental, and Eye Coverage.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 10, 2012
The above is probably the only good thing about this place. Everyone n the building is fake. I have been with this company before it was taken over by The Commerce Insurance Co. and then when The Commerce Insurance merged with Mapfre Ins. Co. The building was one a small family style office. Everyone was caring and actually enjoyed the work that was being presented to them. Once the company became an organization, it all went down-hill. The kindest, sweetest, most knowledgeable managers and supervisors were pushed out either voluntarily or by force and the absolute worst managers and supervisors were brought in. I would not recommend this place to anyone looking for employment. There is no wonder whay the company is losing out on about $2-3 million a month. You do the math.
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 22, 2014
- Sitting at your desk taking multiple calls
- How to manage time
- Management usually walks around
- Co-workers are usually the people you trained with.
- Not able to contact team leads win you need them
- Being able to help customers
Real Challenge job experience
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 20, 2014
One of the best learning experience job environment, Learned to be organize & goal focus oriented. Demanding and well prepared management. I enjoy to accomplished all the task assigned.
Excellent Growing Company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 5, 2014
Is a company that you learn to be better and looking for success.
Interesting place to work
Providers Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  miami, flAugust 19, 2014
Very interesting place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn something new everyday.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no cons
Very productive but impersonal
Vicepresidente Auxiliar - MIS (Former Employee) –  Hatorey, PRDecember 24, 2012
A typical day is an 10 hr shift. I learned by myself, because was a time of lot of changes in the MIS Dept. A very good group of co-workers. I implement lot of the changes that they still using.
Pros
healthcare
Excellent company
Marketing & Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, Puerto RicoSeptember 25, 2012
I learned so much and had the opportunity to develop myself as a professional.
Pros
cafeteria, parking
Looking for appoiments
Promotor (Former Employee) –  BayamonSeptember 10, 2012
Making appoiments. I send to the streets to make appoiment for sale life assurance.