Maple Donuts Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAApril 5, 2016
This is the worst place to work. The owner screams obcentities at the employee over the PA system. The Production Manager is alcoholic and works less than 8 hours a day but mandates that you work 12. They hire a lot of child abusers.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
York, PA
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 31, 2016
Working here was a nightmare, when I first started as a dock worker at maple donut east york I thought I was going to be lifting 20 pounds or less and just walk a short distance but it was nothing like that. Everything indeed says about maple donut is not true at all its a hole different game once you're in their. Make sure you read all the papers the manager will have you sign during your 2nd interview. I've got payed less than what I was supposed to get paid so make sure you guys read their paper work! Because these guys are selfish and ignorant people I've also seen employees pick up donuts from the warehouse ground and putting it back on the tray instead of the trash.
Horrible place to work for.
shipping cleark (Former Employee) –  lake cityJuly 22, 2015
This place is horrible to work for they don't give good training. They treat you like slaves. There is a zero tolerance for mistakes. That means you must be a robot to work there. If you want a raise forget about it they don't do it and the way they do it is if your late they dock you and you have to wait 90 days after the day your late to be eligible. If you clock in too early you get docked for wanting to work. My suggestion is to stay away form this place. If you work in shipping the conditions are horrible. The shelving is mangled and half the racks look like they will fall down. More than half the racks aren't bolted to the ground. Your likeliness of getting hurt is very high especially with all the ice on the ground. Management and office workers are all unpleasant and think they are better than everyone. Everyone that works there is always moody and unpleasant. They only ones that are nice there is the front receptionist she is the only nice person there. Most people are two faced there as well.
Pros
Got to eat free donuts
Cons
the place is dirty and full of broken garage sale equipment
maple donuts
Packer (Former Employee) –  10307 Hall AveJuly 8, 2015
learn to work in group /team work about work safety ,food safety .co workers is good .box pack is some word hard when new but after some time easy.working with friend in line in team work is enjoyable.
Got to know some pretty great people.
line operator/packer (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 13, 2015
Working in a fast paced environment, I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. Those that I worked with worked as a team to get the job done efficiently and correctly.A lot of great friendships were formed and management, back in those days , was great. No question was ever a stupid question. The hardest part of the job, for me , was juggling two young children and the hours that I worked.
Pros
Great friendships formed and fun, plus benefits.
Cons
Sometimes long hours and changing shifts.
They don't hold up there end of the deal
employee (Former Employee) –  lake city paMarch 2, 2015
they use and abuse there employees. They don't give raises as promised you got to fight with them. They give you no life with ur family at all. It's a small business and they care for themselves and that's it they make u think its a great place to work for its not!!
Pros
i worked 3rd the ppl i worked with were great.
Cons
the whole place is dirty and nasty
very productive
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Hellam, PAOctober 13, 2014
just some of the days were awful because of the machines were always tearing up but other than that I liked my job
Pros
didnt have to clock out for breaks
Cons
have 10 minutes breaks which we didnt have to have
Small Business
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake City, PAJanuary 17, 2013
went in to make donuts and pack them the mangement was nice hard part about the job was i was not there long
Pros
i got along with everybody there
Cons
short breaks
nice people
Packer (Current Employee) –  Lake City, PAJanuary 13, 2013
I do a variety of different things there which keeps it interesting but they make you work mandatory over-time.
I waited on customers. I also filled and decorated an assortment of donuts.
Filler and decorating donuts (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 9, 2012
This job was unique. I would put icing on donuts that need it. And I would also fill them with peanut butter, creme, and other fillers.
Pros
good customer service skills
Cons
i was working third shift which didn't work with my husbands schedule.

2.8