Maple Grove Hospital

Maple Grove Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work
HealthCare Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 28, 2016
Excellent management. Great core workers who were always willing to share and learn. Friendly management team that cares for its employees. Love the holiday celebrations and most importantly, the impact each person has to the patients.
Excellent medical facility offering professional patient care
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 2, 2015
With accelerating growth in the Maple Grove area, as a radiology team we experienced unprecedented productivity numbers in our patient care responsibilities. Time management and efficiency along with delivering excellent patient care were critical in our success. We had a great team of radiology professionals working together.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the growth and balancing family life and work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing success through our hard work.
Pros
Professional team environment.
Cons
Somewhat slow response to growth and employees needs.
Wonderful culture with great care teams!
Respiratory Care Practitioner, RRT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2015
Great team environment! Management works closely with staff and finds great value in them, which helps team members provide the greatest, personalized care for their patients.
No longer a good environment
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 29, 2015
When I first got the job, it was a nice place to work. Staff is all very nice and makes it a good environment to be in. The management however, is a totally different story. Favoritism is always very noticeable. When duties aren't done every so often, the staff basically gets punished without being offered a better solution. Hypocrites. Tell you to fix the problems yourself, but then get in trouble for doing so. Staff also gets in trouble for things that if a supervisor/manager does, it's ignored and still turned against you. I, along with many others, have no more respect for the Maple Grove Hospital.
Pros
good coworkers, fast pace
Cons
management, poor raises
I had a good time working there
patient transport (Former Employee) –  Maple, MNFebruary 1, 2015
I had fun working at maple grove hospital and all my co-worker are very helpful people in my life. there is a lot of friendly people. the environment was clean and fun place to work
Pros
there was free luch sometime
Cons
sometime no break but i loved it because it was fun to work their
Terrible work environment
Ancillary services (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 26, 2014
hostile work environment. Forced overtime. No concern for pt care
RN (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Job was good. Pt volumes were adequate for staffing. Staffing was never an issue. The hardest part of the job was working nights.
Hostile environment
nurse (Current Employee) –  Labor and deliveryMarch 26, 2014
Management does not manage the workers the loudest nurses do. If the loud ones don't like you, they will make you feel unwelcome, will berate you and run to the manager behind your back without coming face to face with you. Certain workers are given double the assignments of other nurses and those nurses knew they were targeted. You were in or you were out. If you were out, the in ones let the manager know they didn't like you, and she complied. It was a hostile environment in nursing areas. Other floor nurses felt run down, overworked, under appreciated, signaled out, and burnt out. No breaks is the norm. Unsafe staffing is the norm. The lack of policy and procedures is unbelievable. The best part of the job was how beautiful the environment was. The CEO gives a spiel of what a great place it is to work, you soon find out it is worst then others. How does it get top 100 places to work....not by the nurses, Unless of course, you were there since the place opened. The nurses that were there since it opened, act as though they own the place. Mother head nurse , daughter staff nurse is coddled and given special attention from management. Co-workers workers worked hard, leaders, management did little of anything but attend meetings. Not supportive or helpful. The managers only berated you, no words of encouragement or acknowledgement were ever given even though patients gave you cards and gifts and good reviews
Pros
beautiful work environment, patients believe it is good
Cons
no breaks is the norm, management is destructive and ineffective
Mgh
Employee (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 13, 2014
MGH has an amazing culture that is purely patient centered and family focused, an amazing place to work were all members of the staff are seen as integral in the successful delivery of exceptional care.
Worst work environment I've encountered in 20+ years working
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 20, 2013
Saw more people fired, from entry-level to upper management, in my 1.5 years here than in all my other jobs combined. A very "big-brother is watching" environment. Managment could and would watch people's every move and specifically follow/harrass people until they were able to fire them or they quit. Also saw many questionable practices when it came to patient care and patient safety. I would not go anywhere near this hospital for all the money in the world.
Cons
extreme micromanagment, harrassment, questionable patient safety practices
Maple Grove culture is delivering healthcare as it ought to be.
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 8, 2013
We work together as a team and promote a positive,healthy working environment by respecting others and communicating in a respectable way to our coworkers and guests.
Pros
positive work environment. all team meetings.
Cons
small hospital with limited advancement
Great company in many areas
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee) –  maple grove, mnMarch 27, 2013
Competitive pay, wonderful benefits. Pleasant management, great co-workers, always had things to do.
I liked working with people
Food Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 13, 2013
Served food to patients on 3rd floor. Picked up dirty trays and worked in the dishroom.
Terribly dangerous for pts. and your license.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maple GroveDecember 4, 2012
Very high stress, under appreciated work enviorment! Director was chased out of Abbott by the nurses and she should be again! The PP manager is a joke,I have never seen her do one nursing action, but the Director has her as a buddy. It is an at will company and they use it after they use you up! Pay and promotions are slow and poor.
Pros
schedule
Cons
never a break! manage way to many pts that are of high accuity.
Work life Balance
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 3, 2012
Ability to balance life and work well. Ability to build strong working relationships/
Work life Balance
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 3, 2012
Ability to balance work and life. Excellent learning opportunities and ability to build strong working relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maple Grove Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6