MAPLETON PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Bad District
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2014
As a current employee, the district is understaffed and underfunded, leading the superintendent and other admin to ask WAY too much of all employees. Union is nearly useless for beginning employees. Staff is great, although outlook is bleak, at best.
Pros
great staff
Cons
terrible admin, long hours
A school type setting
head custodian (Current Employee) –  591 E.80th Ave.Denver,CO.80229March 16, 2014
Very busy and fast paced.I learned how to work with a varity of different machines and tools that are required to get the job done and learned how to do a varity repairs to the facility.I run a crew of 2 custodians under my supervision.Being a small district we are under staffed so we have to cover the building when crew members call in sick or are gone for long lengths of tme.The statisfaction of making someones day when you helped them out!
Pros
free lunches for helping out the food department with there daily cleaning duties.
Cons
short staffed in the custodial department, me and crew need to cover are own absences.
fun place to work at
para (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2013
I loved going to work everyday, I enjoyed working with the children!!
Pros
was a good place to work
Injoyable, inventful.
School Bus driver/mechanic (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 21, 2012
Picked up and dropped off kids, then worked in shop on buses. hardest part was dealing with kids on the bus. i loved work on buses, learning as much as i can.
Pros
great work experence, good hours.
Cons
health care and pay