Maplewood Senior Living Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
Resident Services Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 27, 2017
I am overjoyed to work for this company. It has amazing management and most of the cna's are phenomenal. I can't imagine being anywhere else. The residents are so happy there.
Pros
Coming to work
Cons
Leaving work
no good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 19, 2017
no communication no team work no good management no leadership not enjoyable at all i learned that its ever man for them self in that place they will let you burn if they could
Productive place to work , with lot of growth within company
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 19, 2017
It's good , nice and effective for me I don't have anything bad to say any problems I had was delt with quick and easy without any fuss soto me its good
Pros
Free lunch at times
Cons
No cons
Nice Place to Work, however hours are few but your day revolves around them
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2017
The managers, other servers, and kitchen staff are very nice and outgoing and actually care about the residents. There is a great atmosphere and employees get to know staff well.

However hours are very short for servers, as there are three shifts a day each around 2-3 hours long. This means that your entire day revolves around either lunch or dinner usually and if you have only one shift on a few consecutive days then all of those days you may not have any time for plans.

Also much of the staff doesn't want to take each other's shifts for reasons above.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short hours for part time work that revolve around key hours of the day, such as dinner, lunch, etc. You will have to plan your day around a two hour shift.
Great Residents, Expectations, and Staff
Intern (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, OHApril 19, 2017
I could not have picked a better place to begin my professional career. I have found some of the best mentors among this company that will have shaped me for all of my professional careers to follow. Not only are the staff compassionate and caring towards me, they are towards every resident as well. Everything they do is to make sure every resident has the best experience possible. The company expects 110%, 7 days a week and this is all resident focused. From the layout of the building, to the food that is served, to the activities, to the staff that is hired, the residents are in mind. Everyone I have gotten the opportunity to work with has a passion for what they do. The HEART philosophy isn't something that is just taught and never exhibited; this is a philosophy that the company stands on and every staff member follows through with. The HEART philosophy is humor, empathy, adult autonomy, reaching out, and trust/triumph. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who has a passion for the elderly. This company will prove how dementia care should be done, and follow through with it. It has set the standards high for my career to come.
Pros
Everything from dining, resdents, activities and staff
Cons
N/a
Horrible place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 26, 2017
The place sucks. They only care about money and appearance not the residents. They have meetings talking about things to improve but, nothing gets done about it. The ED'S are always on you about the little things. For example, when in the dining room breakfast,lunch and dinner they worry more about you not wearing your chef coat than asking if all the resident are in the dining room getting fed. Always asking people to pick up shifts almost every single day. The co workers are getting lazier by the minute and do not care about the residents. The ED'S are offering things to residents that are not available for them. None of the hard work done is not appreciated.
Pros
residents
Cons
everything
Newtown
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 13, 2017
This is one of the worst places to work especially if you're a server. The residents are great but the management needs work. Between the kitchen staff and upper management there is a lack of communication and marketing keeps putting us on the spot when new residents come in looking for second seating(which we have none). They are making the dining room look 5 star even tho it isn't in the residents' needs. We used to be able to take home the leftovers but now it's against the rules.
Fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 6, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed my time at Maplewood. I would not change much. The work environment was clean and pleasant. However, I did not enjoy the short breaks and I was only part time.
Pros
Job culture, residents, cleanliness
Cons
healthcare, short breaks
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 3, 2017
They promise pay increases you never get. Staff is cut so youre always short. Management is rude. CNA'S get the lowest pay underneath everyone. They always ask for aides to pick up shifts but call you into the office when you're in overtime. Most aides spend a month or two tops in here!!
Values=non existent at CF
Aide (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Horrible work environment from the top down. Have hired friends and family members created an unhealthy work atmosphere. Would not apply.

Want to know more about Maplewood Senior Living?

Ask a question
Hard worker, a bit of a protectionist, will not leave a job half done
RCA (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHFebruary 2, 2017
I am going to school to be an RN currently applying for the program. I am a dedicated worker and always try my best to help out even when I'm not scheduled. I am dependable, I'll show up at least 10 minutes early to ever shift and if for some reason something happens and I'm going to be a few minutes late I make sure to call in and let the staff know that I'm on my way. I love working as an RCA, I treat all my residents like they are family and most end up feeling like family.
fun place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 12, 2016
it's a good place to work, coworker are friendly and helpful. the best part about this job is that you meat different clients and different culture. and that's one of the thing that makes it enjoyable for me
staff is helpful and friendly
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTJuly 3, 2016
Upper management in Orange changes yearly, four different executive directors in four years. each one changes things to whatever they think it should be. the residents are the ones that count but they all complain about the 5% rent increases every year and we get 2% raises. nursing leaders change often as well, there's no consistency ! the work load changes every day because staff calls out so we have to make up for them...
Pros
dress down days
Cons
pay, cameras all over, feel like i'm being watched all the time
Horrible place to work.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 14, 2016
It's a horrific place to work. You constantly have to watch your back. It's more about image and money than the residents. From the bottom to the top. The residents are promised things that their not getting. The management are so arrogant rude and disrespectful condescending. Total jerks.
Your not appreciated for the work you do. Constant turn over DON's and ED's. Aides in and out by the dozen.. They hire anyone that comes through the door. You have a certificate your hired. Constantly complaining about the budget. It's all a show there. Your far from valued. The only positive about working at maplewood at newtown is the residents. That's it.That's what keeps me going..
Pros
Residents
Cons
everything else
Lack of comunication
RESIDENT SERVICES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHMay 3, 2016
I hardly saw managment, I couldn't believe the amount of call offs. Required to stay over time and time again. Not having the completed skills to work with certain residents.
Positive, Supportive & Innovative Company
Operations (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 26, 2016
Maplewood is an Innovative Company. Having always worked in the Retirement Living Industry it is a pleasure to work for a company that understands that all employees must have training that specializes in Dementia Care. Maplewood always prioritizes the residents and does what is best for them. I love the commitment to dining services and the quality of food that is served and the thought that is put into ensuring that programming conducted is engaging and centered around the residents and their likes & dislikes. The employees are also prioritized and there is much potential for career growth and promotion. I feel supported and proud to be a Maplewood employee.
Pros
Training, Dining, Programming, resident focus, employee focus, career growth
Bad workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTMarch 11, 2016
If anybody thinking to be a dishwasher at the maplewood please don't do unless you like. Washing dishes from the second floor & first floor.. Also cleaning up the kitchen by yourself when everybody leaves to go home & taking out the trash too & clean the floors etc.. They will make you do extra stuff that they didn't tell you in the interview.. Also make you work double shift almost everyday with bad pay .. I don't think anybody should work at Maplewood...
Worst place I ever work at
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 2, 2016
First and for most maplewood management needs to be retrain, they degrees they have on the wall are inpressive, but they have no common sense you will notice those things only if you work for them. The group interview is entry level, u don't even have to talk in the interview and they will hired you that's the kind of people they get, very revolving door, no room for advancement, always short in the nursing field, an aid can demand their hourly salary, because of that reason. The pay their is low they lie to u when it comes to raises, I would not recommend anybody looking for a future to work at any of the mapplewood they are all run by incompetent executive directors !!!!!!!
Pros
$2.00 lunch and dinners if u like micowave food
Cons
None whats so ever!!!
No Pay, No Advocacy
Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  West Yarmouth, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Maplewood will work you to the highest level of your license & not supply the staff or provide the pay to support you. They refuse time & a half or double time for any time you get mandated due to a call out or no show, and offer no short pay. Supplies have been cut, so we're jerryrigging a number of patient care devices, putting infection control at a low premium.

Co pays have doubled, our health insurance now costs more and Maplewood executives have flat out said that they're "trying to save money". Well they're doing it off the backs of their staff, and are not shy about it, and will do their best to ignore you. Patient safety and employee health are not priorities, the bottom dollar is.

Pros: Its very clean.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Everything else
oliver
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHFebruary 20, 2016
A friendly greeting to me every time I show up at work. I learn very fast and catch on to everything and notice everything. Management they take action on everything when there's a problem. co-workers their ok sometimes. hardest part of the job was when the servers were not scrapping there plates. The best part of the job was getting the work done.
Pros
free food
Cons
30 minute break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maplewood Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8