Marana Health Center Employee Reviews

Dont know
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 13, 2017
Worked faithfully there but other staff interfreared with everyones business. Not someplace recommend to work. If so do with watching your back. Do your work but keep to yourself.
Pros
good hours
Cons
nosey
lots of overtime
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2017
charting requires staying late nightly with poor functioning computer program. Company offers bonus, but after several years still have not achieved any bonus due to multiple criteria some o which includes not limited to patient satisfaction rating of 92% or higher, (one bad rating from patient ruins this), attending after hour meeting monthly 80% of the time, charts must be done in 2 days, smoking cessation, mammograms, phq9 and etc criteria as mandated by the federal government. Failure to meet all criteria all the time negates bonus that is given q 3 months. Job politics exists, but most of the people are great.
Pros
good benefits and holdiay
Cons
no chance for advancement for NPs
busy
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2017
busy offices, typical day at work was busy , learned new subjects, the hardest part of the job was leaving for the day with unfinished work, the most enjoyable part of the job the people
well organized
housing liaison (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZFebruary 13, 2017
great place to work however too many cliques. A typical day is always met with friendly staff. I learned about organization, being efficient and thorough. The entire job was very enjoyable, no difficult parts.
Pros
cafe
employee feedback
Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 23, 2016
Daily responsibilities included responding to all MHC clients presenting in a level I facility for crisis intervention. Coordination of care between IP and OP tx teams regarding client progress and plan for discharge. MHC provides the opportunity for professional development. Co-workers were knowledgeable and supportive. Challenges included covering all hospitalizations.
Pros
Flexibility, pay and supervision.
Cons
Distance to cover/demographic radius with only 1 liaison
Great healthcare programs
Nutrition education specialist (Current Employee) –  Marana,AZAugust 12, 2015
Great healthcare programs for people with no insurance, friendly staff and doctors, have a variety of services from WIC to behavioral health
Oppressive micromanagement
Non management (Former Employee) –  MaranaMarch 11, 2015
Company is unfair and oppressive in many ways with non-managerial employees. Management is on continuous mission to increase productively and add more duties to your workload including giving you other's work duties. Management can not be bothered with your concerns or needs/requests that do not factor into their expectations or attitudes which can be whimsical or unrealistic. Division and favoritism is common place and informants are the norm. You are expected to be autonomous but have no authority to make decisions and blame is never far behind. Management's attitude is that patients can never do wrong regardless and you are expected to endure without complaint. As other's have written in this review, AVOID AT ALL COSTS and no you will not be the exception.
Pros
Nice buildings
Cons
Misery
would look elsewhere
provider (Former Employee) –  clinicNovember 15, 2014
Overworked and under appreciated. Constant revolving door turnover of doctors, NP's, and all staff.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
not a good environment
Productive, Fast Paced, Fun eviroment
Front Office, Medical Records, Referrals (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 12, 2014
In 5 years MHC has been a great company to work for. You are always learning new things and new trades. There is consistent training available if you are uncomfortable with your work, and yearly training for health streams to keep you updated on what you need to know for your job duties. The benefits provided are amazing with this company. I could not have been luckier to get the experience I did with Marana Health Center.
Pros
Constant training, great coworkers
Cons
ability to advance in your career
answering the phone
Front office receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZSeptember 26, 2014
I loved anwsering the phone and talking to the patients. I was even able to know who they were before they could tell me their name. I learned that if you are happy, you make the patient happy. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, they were all very kind and team players.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
short lunch
Productive work environment with advancement opportunities
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 16, 2014
On a typical day at work I bring back patients, vital them, go through medications, allergies, historical surgeries and if the pt has recently been to the hospital or urgent care. I then input the above information into the pt's chart and give the vitals to the doctor. I learned how to vital properly, get procedures set up for the doctor and assist on them when needed. I also learned how to order vaccines for the patients with AHCCCS, who are self pay or are on our sliding fee program. My coworkers are great to work with, they help me when needed and I help them when needed. The hardest part of my job is working with the children who do not cooperate with the vitals.
Pros
We get an hour lunch and 40 hours of sick time every year.
Cons
Patients not getting reprimanded for repeatedly showing up late to their appointments.
micromanagement
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZMay 23, 2014
Company is top heavy with managers and not enough workers. Providers are governed by business persons and medical support is scarce. Providers have all the responsibility but no authority. They expect you to see as many patients as possible. Very poor work life balance.
Pros
???
Cons
you will be a work horse and underappreciated
Management is HORRIBLE.
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJanuary 31, 2014
The management team (not the CEO or anyone like that, but the management for front desk/MA's/etc) is a complete mess. It's literally like being in high school all over again. Avoid at all costs.
Company with great values
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Not enough organization within the office left employees very on edge
CDA providers provide great health care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZJune 19, 2013
CDA was a work place that provided space for my doctor and I to work for. I did my job as a medical assistant would, and provided the best patient care I could. The hardest part of working at this facility was that it did not work as a team to include management, so I would have to focus specifically on patient care to make everyday enjoyable.
Pros
patients, free doctor advise and lunches
Cons
micro management and unprofessional co workers
Interesting place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Marana, AZApril 17, 2012
My first position as Office Manager (real eye opener). Managed 5 employees including front desk and Back office. Posted all insurance payments and did follow up on all insurance denials. Assisted Insurance Biller in using the correct codes for all insurance claims. Also called all patients who were delinquent in their payments. Performed credentialing for new physician when regular physician left the company. Worked closely with Administrative Officer in the proper workings of the company. Purchased all the Administrative supplies.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
pay