Marathon Consulting, an eleven year old technology consulting firm headquartered in New York City, is looking for a smart, energetic, and dedicated Systems Administrator who has excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for providing timely and efficient day-to-day support of our clients’ workstations and peripherals. This is a full-time position, with half the amount of time traveling to client sites in the city and the other half working remotely from our Brooklyn office. 5+ years technical support experience in a windows environment is required. A+, N+, MCP or CCNA requested.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read the entire job posting before submitting your resume. All submissions without a cover letter and required skills/certifications will be deleted and not responded to.
We serve small to mid-sized organizations and our clients do business in a wide range of industries. We’re looking individuals who are willing to work hard and grow their skill set. We offer great opportunities for professional development in a friendly, dynamic environment.
Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000
Hours: 40 per week with the expectation of overtime and weekend work as required.
Benefits: All Marathon employees are given fortune 500 style benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily support of client servers, workstations, and peripherals; including troubleshooting and analysis of issues- both onsite and remotely via phone, email, and Remote control connections.
- Setup and configuration of desktops/servers
- Creation of documentation and/or specific procedures to help clients with repetitive tasks
- Monitoring assigned service calls to ensure timely response to our clients
- Act as a mentor to junior level engineers, assisting them on tickets and providing escalated support
- 5+ years work experience professional help desk support in an Active Directory environment
- Proficiency with Windows Servers and application servers such as Exchange, SQL, IIS
- Android, iPhone, blackberry phone support as well as email support
- Familiarity with backup and disaster recovery systems
- Ability to multitask and solve problems independently
- Desire for professional development
- Good understanding of networking
- Ability to take ownership of problems and assist others who need help
- Must be willing to dress appropriately for a corporate environment
- Working knowledge of OS X
- Administration of Linux systems
- Consulting experience supporting numerous users in a variety of industry settings
- Experience with VOIP solutions
This position is also referenced as:
Technical Support Representative
Field Service Technician