Marathon Oil

Marathon Oil Employer Reviews

Best Oil and Gas company to work for
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible
A very flexible Oil and Gas company to work for. Management is considerate of your work load and ensure you as an employee/non-employee is well taken care of.
Good starter company for oil and gas industry.
Tech (Current Employee), Eagle FordSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: push for production can be overwhelming
-analysis
-quality control
-reporting
-training on regular basis
-safety culture
Great Work Environment
Oil (Current Employee), San AntonioSeptember 3, 2014
Great working environment; healthy work/life balance; hectic work days filled with meetings upon meetings.
Informational and loved not only my customers but the job as well.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elkhart, INAugust 17, 2014
Pros: full time employment and great hours
Cons: pay rate
Great company to work for. I was the manager of the store for some time off and on. I would open the store, handle customers, vendors, truck orders, bill payments and banking deposits.
Very fun company to work for.
Operator (Former Employee), Cody, WYJuly 7, 2014
Started when I was 19 years old. Worked for them for 25 years. Had to retire do to company reorganization.
royalty department
Royalty Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
marathon oil was a great place to work, i started as temp and they hired me for full time
Very Active Professional Atmosphere
Sr. Geoscience Specialist (Former Employee), HoustonJune 18, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: new ceo made significent changes in corporate size
Active challenging work environment, strong professional atmosphere.
Amazing people and company to work for.
Marathon Oil was a good company with great benifits.
Gas Plant Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee), Iraan, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: it was a great place for advancement.
Cons: having to work holidays while on shift work.
I started out working in the maintenance with the mechanic's. I learned how to work on all types of pumps and compressors. Anything from minor to major repairs. Good fair management at the plant I worked with. There was all kinds of job opportunities there. I have been gone for quite a few years and still miss the people I worked with. Hardest part – more... of the job was the heat in the summer time. – less
Backstabbing
Assistant Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Gillette, WYApril 19, 2014
Unethical and backstabbing. They say there is future advancement, and your job is secure, but it isn't.
Bad Management
Intern (Former Employee), Gonzales, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch and breakfast
Cons: extreme weather and poor management
A typical say with Marathon would start in the early morning hours at 6 a.m. and would end at various hours. I was a lease operator/ SCADA operator, my job duties would include but not limited to; managing/control and recording well flow of oil in the Eagle Ford Shale region. The management seemed to be awfully rude, not organized and selfish. Wasn't – more... uncommon to be belittled by upper management. My fellow co-workers seem to be friendly, took awhile for them to open up to me and make me feel welcomed. The hardest part of the day would be dealing with the extreme weather conditions but nothing was more enjoyable than complimentary lunches and breakfasts. – less
Productive and Family-like environment
Law Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Marathon Oil was my first ever corporate job and I consider it a great first job in the corporate field. The people are somewhat friendly and helpful, but like all work places you have co-workers that are unique in their own way.
Productive, High work standrads, Good Owrk culture.
Sr. Civil Engineer/construction manager (Former Employee), Equatorial GuineaMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, ransportation, food, travel, rotational job
Cons: away from family.
Day to day construction Inspection, Planning, Keep Safety as priority, Monitoring work, coordination with operation team. Taking permit and executing work according in Brownfield projects.
Laid back company with good people
Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: company gym, 9/80, great work-life balance
Cons: advancement only for select few, outsourced accounting
Overall a great place to work. Nice, on-site cafeteria, great location, company gym, and great work-life balance. Some find limited potential to grow after awhile. Great place, but may not be a lasting fit for everyone. Most of the people there are great. It's a major part of why people stay.
great work atmoshere
Chiaf Operator (Former Employee), Robinson, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long work durations occationally
Supervised 6 man workforce, did daily payroll, wrote daily operational reports, quality control checks, made operational changes for reuired specs
Great Experience
Shore Base Dispatcher (Former Employee), Port Fourchon, LANovember 19, 2013
Base manager was the best man I've ever worked for! He taught me everything I know about the field.I'd love to work there again.
Cut throat managent
Sr regulatory compliance rep (Former Employee), OKC, OKNovember 8, 2013
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: back stabbing management
Uprooted my life moving to OKC. Let go 15 months later because they didn't want to pay my 6 figure salary after re-org. Buyer beware. Found my job requiring less then half the experience posted on the internet about a month before being released. Layer upon later of management.
Productive and down to business while still keeping it fun.
Incident Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 31, 2013
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: did not allow much telecommuting
For me, I have found many ways to adapt the types of services needed, based on the environment that is being supported. The key to positive Service Management success is always being able to establish processes that are repeatable, measureable and that can be effectively reported on --- this way, the functional portions can be mapped across IT (that – more... others are able to follow & repeat the process) --- upper management is able to measure the KPI's and receive digestible reports on overall performance of the team(s) and map it to an ROI. – less
Marathon as a Contractor
Active Directory / Security Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 17, 2013
Pros: knowledge that you can take with you when you leave.
Cons: not much of a chance for advancement and upper management was not very organized or helpful.
I worked at Marathon Oil for 13 months and about 80-90% of the employees were contractors in the Professional offices in the Galleria area of Houston. It seemed as though no matter if you gave 110%, the opportunity for becoming fulltime is very slim. Most companies reward their employees for giving amazing customer service but Winfred Bourn was not – more... one of those types of managers. I appreciated his knowledge and the opportunity to work there but it was not a place that you could call home. I did receive additional knowledge there that I was able to take with me but the positive morales were not something that existed. I have moved on and up but Marathon Oil is NOT a company that I would consider working for again especially because of the manager in the department that I worked. – less
Focused on Consistent Processes and Procedures
Contract Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2013
Documented processes were created to insure users were maintaining consistency when evaluating contracts
great company
Records Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: company has not embrace new technology
putting retention codes on documents, co-workers were a delight to work with

1 2 3

About Marathon Oil

Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe – Read more