Marathon Petroleum Company

Marathon Petroleum Company Employee Reviews

Challenging work enviornment
Specialties Marketing Propylene Scheduler (Current Employee), Findlay, OHApril 2, 2015
Love working for Marathon! One of the best things about my job is that it presents me with challenges every single day. There is also a great amount of communication with customers, refinining, accounting and other organizations within the company.
Productive workplace with opportunities for growth
Auditing Intern (Current Employee), Findlay, OHFebruary 1, 2015
Fast pace learning environment. Enjoyable staff and credible management. Competitive salary and benefits. Company has high retention rate. Many opportunities for growth and advancement.
it was ok
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Catlettsburg, KYNovember 4, 2014
not bad for an oil plant. good comp and benefits. Only was an intern so didn't experience full time. location leaves much to be desired as a place to live
Fast paced energetic work environment
Mechanic (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, pension, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, short lunch, lack of structure
A day at MPC garage is very busy. You never know what task you have to handle on any given day. I have learned many skills that I feel have helped further my career. The people are friendly. Of course with any job there are tough parts, and for MPC the hardest part is to be able to keep up with all the changes in company policies and guidelines. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we add value to the company by providing cost effective maintenance, and providing a reliable safe fleet to the customer.
Safe company that values its employees and their opinions/ feelings.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 9, 2014
A typical day involves scheduling business partners meetings and travel to be onsite for project development through implementation. Gathering project information with regard to scope, budget, and estimates to create Decision Support Pacakages and Authorization for Expenditure. Updating schedules, capturing any changes, completing cost tracking system, and communicating with stakeholders on project progress. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see an idea on paper through implementation in the field.
Great people to work with with excellent benefits.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Paul Park, MNFebruary 7, 2014
Supportive culture, great learning opportunities, and flexible schedules.
Safety intern
Environmental Health Intern - Oil Refinery (Former Employee), Canton, OHJanuary 2, 2014
The distance from Cleveland made this job undesirable aside from that a great working environment.
Great workplace, fast paced job
Transportation Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Canton, OhioOctober 7, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: none that i can think of
Management and co workers are easy to get along with and always worked as a team. Felt like a large family. Wide variety of duties which has helped me grow. Great benefits and raises.
Great home/work balance
Process Safety Information Coordinator (Current Employee), Robinson, ILAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work involved monitoring of process units and project development. The atmosphere is very friendly and supportive.
Strong Team Oriented Business
Administrative Assistant to Operations (Current Employee), Canton, OHAugust 1, 2013
Pros: stability of employment and continued professional development
Cons: i am a contracted employee, not full-time with the company itself.
I look forward to going to work everyday. I am in a position that works with my strengths in organization, time management, multitasking. My co-workers are goal oriented, focused and innovative. It is a nice environment to work in and my Team works well together. "One Team, One Goal."
overall good experience
Lab Technician (Current Employee), garyville, lousianaJuly 30, 2013
Pros: offer training
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Run analysis on petroleum products and fix instrument issues.
5 years experience so know what results to expect from analysis.
Good relationship with co-workers.
Fun people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Sebring, OHMay 15, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks, on call, low pay, no job security, too far away
Typically it would be stocking and checking products, making the food for on the racks, and running the cash register. The job was always fast paced.
Very little to complain about, excellent company to work for.
Chief Operator (retired) (Former Employee), Robinson, ILFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: good wages and benefits, reasonable work loads
Cons: did not like the shift work after we went to 12 hour shifts.
MPC was a very good place to work. Management genuinely cared about the health and well-being of their employees. Wages and benefits were competitive with other oil companies and generally better than anyone else in our area. Our facility was kept in excellent repair and kept technologically current.
Productive and challenging place to work
Training Specialist IV - TT&R, Operations Support (Current Employee), Findlay, OHJanuary 27, 2013
A Training Specialist for Marathon's Transport, Terminal, & Rail (TT&R) organization designs, developments, and evaluates job specific training for field personnel. Work with Subject Matter Expert teams in the development of task specific learning guides based on DACUM's performed on all field positions. Write learning guides which are used Qualified OJT Trainers.
Productive work environment
CRM Data Migration Consultant (Former Employee), Findlay, OHDecember 31, 2012
This project was one of its kind, where i enjoyed the work as with my previous projects. Had very good rapport with the managers and other colleagues.
Great Company with many tools to help you grow.
Senior Territory Manager (Former Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: independence
Cons: market conditions and competition
I was given ample authority to run a segment of the petroleum business in multiple states. I worked primarily out of my home, but was well linked with a district office and home office for the neeeded professional asistance. The hardest part of the job was some of the market realities which began to rear in 2007. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence.