MARATHON Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful workplace with family type atmosphere. Repeated customers from the neighborhood as well as customers off a main highway.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OhioOctober 17, 2015
A wonderful place to work. I met a lot of people there with whom I established great friendships. The manager Debbie Evans was a great trainer who had taught me how to run registers as well as the Lottery machines. On the weekends my boss would allow the High school which I had attended years ago, to have fund raiser car washes.Which,was always during my shift on Saturday morning.This consisted of the cheerleaders, baseball, or football teams. I developed a high regard for the owner which always was involved in the community.To be honest,everyone there will be greatly missed.
Pros
Anytime an appointment for a doctor or one of my sons coming in town happened, there was no problem in having the day off.
Cons
Driving in the snow to work in the winter, I lived about 25 miles away.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KY 40324February 15, 2016
Skilled and well organized providing excellent customer service. Great communication skills with financial management. Helped employees and company achieve goals monthly. Processed incoming orders, coordinated shipments, and deliveries with overnight inventory duties. Managed and promoted new products within company.
easy going productive workplace
Hot Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 24, 2016
a typical day at work would be preparing hot lunch and serving customers. I learned a lot about food prep and managing dates on the foods. I really liked working with my co workers and I loved my manager. the hardest part of the job was my shift 4:30am, that was hard to get up that early.
Pros
meeting new people, getting off work at 12:30
Cons
too early of a shift, others leaving their job up to me.
Great laid back Job
Framer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2016
Flexible and great pay with great co-workers. Easy assignments.
Work very early, great thing is that you get off early. The people you work with is a very diverse group of people age range is very diverse also.
Pros
work early get off early
Cons
temp
Normal gas station job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAJune 11, 2016
It wasn't anything special. Just a normal gas station job.
Made coffee, worked the register, cleaned, stocked the shelves.
Fast pace so the day went by quickly.
Pros
I had a job.
Cons
Only part time.
Productive, Fast-paced workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cusseta, GAMay 25, 2016
A work day for me is very fast-paced, learning new items and how to order items for the store. The hardest part of my job is to leave when my shift is over. I love working no matter the hours.
Enjoyed the work experience but I don't work for food!!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYDecember 2, 2015
Learned a lot however, some of the employees weren't paid cash like others of us,they were paid with food from the store and cigerettes. Not my business but, the boss kept "confusing"me and my work ethic and our aggreed upon pay rate for they ones getting paid in trade,which led to my checks "accidently" being short on more than one occasion. Not a good look!
Pros
Paid cash weekly
Cons
Paid cash weekly
productive and fun friends
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDMay 17, 2016
the hours were not that great, but the benefits are awesome.
the managers for the most part are super understanding.
heavy boxes.
Pros
Friends i had made
Cons
awful hours
friendly enviorment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2016
Marathon is a great place full of fantastic employees ,who provides awesome customer service.It is very fast paced , but I am still able to run it with my eyes closed .
Pros
company teaches great skills
Cons
management is relocated as of next year
Lite work load management stress
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTApril 8, 2016
enjoyed working with staff and patients . management very demanding of time. wanted me to travel to their other facilities an hour away. They did not like me refusing, to do this.
Pros
great nursing staff
Cons
unreasonable management
Above & Beyond
Supervisor - labaror (Former Employee) –  MarathonJune 26, 2015
Meeting with the company boss
Coordinating the work for the day
Selecting the workers for the job
Supervising the work
Maintaining & repairing tools
Making up the bills for the clients
Pros
Good pay + bonusses + benefits
Cons
Non
sociable co workers
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 15, 2016
Co workers were pretty cool. very easy to along with each other. If we worked overtime somebody among us would always buy everyone either Gatorade or energy drinks.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not very good pay
It was a kitchen I worked in.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 11, 2013
A typical day would start at 9:00 am. First thing would be to set up kitchen and start prep for the day, open doors by 10. Kitchen staff is responsible for taking orders/money, preparing food, and serving.
I learned a few new recipes. I also learned this was one of the oldest restaurants in Greenville due to the extremely low overhead.
The manager let me know daily that there would be no pay raise or advancement no matter how hard or long I worked. He would not pay extra for overtime. And when approached about this he drastically cut my hours.
My co workers were unmotivated and not very ambitious. Some would be nice to the customers face, then over cook or over spice the ordered food on purpose. It was all very childish.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the immature ways of the boss.
The most enjoyable parts of the job was our repeat customers and the day I left for the the last time.
Pros
repeat customers
Cons
managment, no advancement, no pay raise, immaturity, no insurance
My time at Marathon
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHApril 19, 2016
While working at Marathon I learned teamwork, customer service, and new skills. I enjoyed helping customers and getting to know my coworkers.
Responsible for customer service, ordering, inventory, scheduling, financials, hiring, training, and terminating
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIJanuary 4, 2016
i loved my job best job i had the work was stressful but had great rewards. The management was A++. work ethics were great employees got along no big issues.
Pros
all pros
Cons
Not someplace I would recommend for employment.
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clinton, INJune 21, 2013
The work wasn't too bad, nor were the costumers. I would work the cash register, sweep/mop the floors, keep ice machine and inventory stocked, count cigarettes, count and drop my money in the safe. The coworkers were nice people, but mainly old. Because of this, if there was any heavy lifting I would be called in to help. It felt very unfair because I would have to do things that they would not. I loved being able to talk to the costumers all day, I learned a lot from them. I didn't requested days off often, but one of the few times I did, for a family members graduation, they told me I had to work and wrote me up. This was even though I requested the day off a little over a month in advanced. The management team was very unfair and biased. I didn't appreciate how they picked on certain people. A few people had over time hours and they took their hours and put it on their next pay check so they didn't have to pay them the extra. We also did not get a break.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks, can't get over 29 hours, absolutely no health or other benefits, absolutely no opportunity for advancement
Normal Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 19, 2016
Had a set rhythm to environment. Since it was a 24 hr. location it was a steady workplace. Decent coworkers and management.
A source of income
Cashier/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2014
While working here the most i took from this job is business aspects of things the management was very unprofessional. I perfected my leadership skills being over a very unruly bunch of employees. I handled lots of difficult situations. I wouldn't choose to work for this type of business again if i would have to deal with that kind of unprofessional behavior again.
Pros
i made the schedule
Cons
no raise, unproffesional staff, unplesant work surroundidgs.
workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 29, 2015
I really enjoyed customer service as it was my first experience to deal with customers.Management team was very cooperative.
Could be better
I/E Technician (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 24, 2015
This job could be better. The benefits are the reason I work there. My retirement is important to me and they provide a good package for that.
Cons
work flow needs improvement

2.8