MARATHON Employee Reviews

Progressively changing business
Document and Data Management III (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 16, 2017
In the department I worked in was a family oriented environment. The hardest part of the job was during TAR (turn arounds) projects. That was very detailed documentations.
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wheelersburg, OHJune 7, 2017
All the people there are great. It is a very relaxed but professional company to work for. The environment is fast paced but not stressful. All in all great company.
Small gas station family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJune 7, 2017
Just your typical cashier activities. The work wasn't that complicated and i usually worked by myself so that was also a plus. The manager was very reasonable and understanding.
Fun
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 5, 2017
I was hot and it was cold i didnt get to becine full time but i always was inspired by greatness and leadership my manager was a real good attitude type of person
Pros
Holiday dinners
Cons
Long breaks
good work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 29, 2017
This is a friendly work environment. The mornings are the busy time of day, fellow coworkers are great at helping each other out. The management is friendly and understanding.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no benefits
crazy owner
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMay 24, 2017
this job was ok except the owner lived in Indianapolis and would randomly call asking why we were closed etc. when we were clearly open and I was taking care of customers.
fast paced and fun environment
Inventory Manager/Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 15, 2017
A typical day consisted of a fast paced environment with a variety of work to be done. The environment was clean and fun. The employees are dependable and the customers are very nice. The local vendors, merchandisers, and distributors were pleasant to interact with.
Pros
fast past and fun environment
Cons
no room for growth
fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain City, INMay 9, 2017
its was a family business really safe and fun place to work . i work as cashier as well as managing entire gas station. because the business was sold i had to move.
bad management
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 4, 2017
The store was nice but the hours were rough and constantly changing because it was run under three brother that alway fought over when they would work. They all had a tendency to take things from the store and then forget so the inventory was always off. Which created problems.
Pros
The environment and interaction with customers lead to a good relationship with local community
Cons
The family life of the owner lead to confusion
Marathon
Stock and Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  rogersville alMarch 16, 2017
i make sure that the floors are swept and counters are wiped down. i stock the coolers and make sure everything is the way it needs to be . that its clean .
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
short hours
Customer Service
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Alpena, MIFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and meeting new people every day. I also enjoy learning about my neighbors that I normally would not have met if I did not have this job. I have learned to both work along and in a team oriented environment. It has taught me to be task oriented and organized, as well as, time management skills.
Pros
work on own
Cons
no opportunity to move up
Managment is terrible
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2017
They do not care about your safety. Will put you in harm way. very disrespectful to customers. Surprised they are still in business.
Pros
Nothing good about this Place
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed being an Assistant Manager..... I enjoyed coming to work helping customers... Nothing was hard about the job the Manager was an awesome trainer...
Some time fun
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ionia, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Learn about relationship with costumer. I get lots hours but this is low income job. This job is good for short term or part time. The hardest part of this job is I takecare everything. But they don't pay me much. That's why I'm looking for another job so I can takecare of my family .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at work for me is starting work at 9am. I stock the coolers and then jump on the register. It teaches good communication skills with customers. Management is good. The co-workers are great. There is really no hard part about this jobs just common sense. Having a good laugh with your co-workers
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
No health care
Fun work environment
Cashier, Stocker, Maintenance, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46814December 27, 2016
Typical day was doing my usual routine, I learned how to print lottery tickets, how to change gas prices and more. The management was great. My co-workers were too. The hardest part of the job was staying in the cooler/freezer to organize. The most enjoyable part was the customers.
Great customers & employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, VANovember 22, 2016
Loved working there! Great customers and management! Learned how to deal with some difficult people! Had to move back to NC for family emergency-father was sick & passed away!
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
Great customers & safe environment
Good for meeting people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 14, 2016
Good to meet costumers from other countries and learning about their cultures. Not all the costumers are alike but you get a few that are very interesting.
A great experience for assisting me with much better social skills
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coleman, MINovember 1, 2016
On any given day I deal with some really great people, but a few people are crazy or rude, but I am very proud of how I handle these types of people. I take care of any orders that come in that day. I give great customer service to all the customers that come in. I work well by myself, but also with my co-workers. The most difficult part of my job would probably be when sometimes one of my co-workers doesn't clean the store as well as I do, that is frustrating, but I simply clean what she didn't do on her shift and go about the rest of my day as happy as ever. The best part of my job are the regular customers that come in everyday and they tell me how they love how well I treat them and how I know what they need or want.
Pros
The customers
Cons
No breaks or lunch
Easy and Fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinsman, OHOctober 18, 2016
Most of the customers are friendly, there's always something to do. I made good friends working there that I still keep in contact with today. The hardest part about the job was lifting some of the beer cases.
Pros
Good people, fun environment.
Cons
Irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARATHON. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8