Marbles: The Brain Store Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was fun while it lasted
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
The retail section of marbles, sadly, is no more. It is a niche market, and they should do well in their online format. The leadership seems to constantly be behind the curve.
Best Summer Yet
Brain Coach (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 5, 2017
The average day at Marbles was usually a very enjoyable one. A small team of dedicated and fun employees ran the whole shop and we often found ourselves playing with customers just as often as we sold them merchandise. I learned how to entice customers with cool gadgets and gifts without coming on too strongly. The managers quickly became my friends and I felt comfortable with almost the entire team. Fun was the key to our relative success as we proved that what we were selling was entertaining by playing with our clients. The hardest part of the job was going home at the end of the day when your shift was up as I never wanted to leave. Everything else about the relaxed atmosphere and brightly lit store was amazing in my book.
Inventory Specialist
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 24, 2017
I really enjoyed the job culture. I'd wished I had longer hours, but position was seasonal. Great working environment and location was in a high traffic mall. great for sales!
Productive, and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 15, 2017
Marbles the brain store was a usually a calm place. I learned a variety of things. I was a cashier which I have never done before. I learn how to communicate with customers. The hardest part of the job was when you had to learn how to play every single game and remember. The most enjoyable part of the job was having fun playing with the team to call the attention of the customers.
Great stepping stone for future jobs.
Brain Coach (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 11, 2017
While I worked at Marbles I learned many things including how to use a Cash Register, how to manage tills, how to engage with customers and many more. The management was alright, it felt as though I was unappreciated at times and that I had to bend over backwards just to get a little bit of recognition. The coworkers there were fantastic and I wish to spend some more time with them in the future.
Cons
Closed Down
There was never a day where it was really slow
Brain Coach (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2017
The thing that I liked about Marbles was that people knew what our store was about and their faces said it all. They come in happy and when they're happy I'm happy.
Pros
Bond with customers, fair amount of break time, packed, great co-workers
Cons
short staff
fun work place
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 8, 2017
Marbles the brain store is a fun and friendly place to work at, the staff there are really nice and understanding when it comes to day, your unable to make it to work, the store is center around a family more then just coworkers
Pros
pay, work environment
Fun and interactive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 1, 2017
This job on a day to day basis encourages being active with customers and flexibility to adapt to their needs. they also encourage you to have fun and create the atmosphere that you would like in the work place that is always positive.
Fun Environment
HR Coordinator/ Account Payables (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2016
Great place to work. Great environment. Nice people. Small and family like company. Very flexible with school and work schedule.
Overall fun and fast-paced. Being able to play the games with the customer really helped build connections with said customer.
Sales Associate/Stockroom Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 4, 2016
my time as an employee at Marbles: The Brain Store was, indeed, filled with fun times, and challenge. As it was my first actual job in the real world, I did not truly know what to expect, but thankfully my fellow co-workers were very understanding and helpful.

A normal day would have me come in either in the morning or the afternoon. My usual tasks would consist of a majority in the stockroom, organizing product, printing pricing labels, checking inventory, as well as pulling/pushing product out to the sales floor.

There would be times while I had been setting up a display, that I would be caught by a customer with a question. The reason I say "caught," is due to the fact that, on most days, the job was fast-paced, and I did my best to treat it as such. If there wasn't anything to do, I would find anything to do, whether it be sweeping, or just wiping displays down. This was one of my favorite parts about Marbles.

While I was a part of the "Brain Stem" of Marbles, the store had actually met one of their largest sales goals since opening. The manager and other employees had said that it was due to me, but I'm sure it was mostly the sales team along with everyone putting in their own work. A person can only do so much on their own, but when in a team, it means much more as a collective.

Overall, I was, and still am very grateful for my time as a Marbles "Brain Coach/Brain Stocker."
Pros
Fast-paced, productive, organized
Cons
the only real thing is that it was somewhat based on commission, but I had expected that beforehand.
Lots of potential
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2016
Huge opportunities to make an impact is this young, fast growing company. It's an amazing concept that is nothing but fun to be apart of.
fun place to work if you love to talk to people
Brain Coach (Store Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 25, 2016
A typical work day is not that hard, like basic retail. I learned how to manage a store. the co-workers are fun. the hardest part of the job is making goal, but that is the challenge. the most enjoyable part is talking to the people.
Fun place to work or hang out
Brain Coach (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day for me is trying out the new Brain Games and solving them. This was also the most enjoyable!
The hardest was the manager
Young Company with Huge Potential for Growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
This young, exciting company not only provides huge benefits in the way of helping people in a real, measurable sense, but also has huge room for potential of growth and an opportunity to make an impact on a company wide level.
Nothing but great experiences
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  HQAugust 26, 2015
I worked started at Marbles as a seasonal customer service temp and have stayed with the company ever since, including becoming the Supervisor. I had a great time working for this company. The truly care about their employees creating a fun, hard-working, and easy going atmosphere. Customer Service runs smoothly with fair policies which makes it easy to talk to customers; we almost always have good news for them!
Pros
Great work, great brand, great scheduling.
Cons
Very busy during Holiday.
Great place to have fun and learn while helping customers!
Customer Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 26, 2015
Not only am I helping customers learn about products and how to increase functionality in different parts of their brain, I am also doing so myself every day that I come into my office. Every day we do the same tasks, but it is never boring or mundane - there's always different customers with different problems and we get to find new ways to help them based on their situation.

I love coming in and seeing my co-workers. We work as a team to resolve difficult issues one of us might come across throughout the day, we brainstorm to find all possible solutions, and best of all we get along so well that I am never forcing myself to go in. The management is awesome! We all share thoughts and ideas and really come together as a team.

We get to play with the products in our spare time so that we can better assist the customers when they're calling in and asking questions - I love the feeling of selling someone on a product that they were originally unsure of, simply because I had fun with it and they could hear my voice light up with excitement like a little child's on Christmas when I was giving my opinion and experience on it.

The most enjoyable part of my job comes especially when there are children involved. We get calls and e-mails all of the time from parents who are trying to get replacement parts for activities/games and their children are upset because they can't finish what they've started. Whenever I send anything out that involves a child, I make sure to address the package or envelope to the child directly so that they feel a little bit more of a grown up - which
  more... they should, because they made the decision to help their brain grow while having fun doing it.

The hardest part of this position, like with any customer service position, is the fact that there will always be that one person, no matter how hard you try and bend backwards for them, that will NEVER be satisfied. I'm all about people pleasing, so I tend to take it personally when I can't help that one person, even though I was able to successfully help twenty other customers that same day.

It is probably one of the best jobs that I've ever had.
Pros
Intimate office setting, personal work space, great staff
Cons
No benefits or holiday pay, temporary position
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 25, 2015
Marbles is a great place to work full, part or seasonal. The customer are great to work with, the toys are fun to play with. Overall it was a great time and great extra money at Christmas. Everyone is there to help each other out, we worked as a team.
Pros
work with the product, hours, pay
Cons
wish they had evening hours for the spring seasonal season
Great Place To Work!
Support Brain Coach Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILAugust 24, 2015
I find Marbles to be a great environment with friendly knowledgeable people who love to have fun and are passionate as I am about customer service.

A typical day at work involves answering phone calls from our customers and Brain Coaches at our retail stores. We also handle phone orders and questions from customers via chat and other duties. Also, we get to test the games which is a great way to learn the products and get to know your co-workers!

The management team is approachable and supportive. They really made me feel a part of the team when I first came on board and it helped me get settled in a new place.

The hardest part of every customer service job is taking the first call because you have all the training information swimming around your head but don't know what scenario you will be addressing until you pick up. After the first few calls I was able to get a feel for the customers and get my confidence up.

Marbles the Brain Store is a great place to work. When I wake up I want to come to work. When I'm at work the time fly's by and I often say "oh I can't believe it's 4 or few minutes to 5 already," luckily I get to come back and do it all over again in the morning!
Fun, Exciting Company that is out to do good!
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2015
Marbles: The Brain Store has a wonderful company culture. I am able to grow with the company, my ideas and concerns are listened to and considered. No one has time to micro manage and that's a great thing. Working with everyone is very much like working with great friends and family. It really is a team effort and you can feel how much everyone cares.

It is also an amazing feeling to work for a company that does good for people!!
Pros
Good benefits, everyone understands work/like balance, growing company, fun, and has play testing
Typical Workday
Accounting Assistant / HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my stay at Marbles, the staff was terrific when it came down to being a single parent. My hours were flexible and the workload was heavy because it was it's peak season.
Pros
complimentary lunches and lots of great surrounding restaurants
Cons
lack of work in off season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marbles: The Brain Store. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3