Marc's Employee Reviews

Good work habbits and had short days
Produce clerk (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoieable work but poor miss management, i was always running around and never had break but i loved what did i loved helping custmers and showing them what they whould buy and use
Pros
fun work good work hours
Cons
poor miss management
Mgi
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 18, 2015
While this company has it's benefits, it also has downfalls. It's retail. As a cashier you don't have any freedom. Permission to use the bathroom is required, and not always granted. There are also to many chiefs and not enough indians. The supervisors don't seem to realize that we have a job to do, and spend the majority of their day gossiping, and than paying attention to the minions that work beneath them.
Pros
Discount, holiday bonus, great customers
Cons
Rude supervisors, unfriendly staff, high stress.
excellent place to develop management skills
Food Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 4, 2015
If you show up everyday and give it your all, you can EASILY advance here. They take great care of those that work hard and the work life balance was very good. I was even able to make my own schedule. The job is a piece of cake but a lot of people take it for granted. Hard work and a passion to excel will make your experience here a very positive one.
Great Expereince for school students
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Garfield, OHNovember 30, 2015
Marcs was my first job and it was not a bad job. Management was the only thing that I had a big problem with because there was no respect. I learned a lot as far as being a cashier and being a cashier.
ignorance is something you have to be patice with
Stock Clerk/ Produce assistant (Former Employee) –  Poland, OHNovember 28, 2015
being young in nay way shape or form was a sin in this company you had to put your all in stockking and nothing was good enough i was treated better in a steel mill after i left
Pros
Cons
short handed- co workers sucks, ignorant customoers
loved the people i worked with and what i did
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 17, 2015
I clocked in, went to get my cash drawer checked it to make sure it was all there. Then walk to my casher and start my day by ringing people up and checking them out. Plus bagging there ideas. In my spare time I would front the shelves and help bag for others.
Pros
Great people to work with and fun
Cons
wasnt always fast past
Its ups and downs.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHNovember 14, 2015
Marc's wasn't a bad place to work for, but I left because I was attempting to join the Military and they weren't supportive. I enjoyed working there and meeting new customers and hearing brief stories about them while they were passing through my lines. I met a lot of nice people who worked there. Management and supervisors we friendly but would bring personal problems to work. They weren't very compatible with my past school schedule .
Pros
Meeting friendly customers and communicating with them.
Cons
Only allowed part time employees and wouldn't let you exceed 25 hours.
Constant Challange, no room to grow.
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHOctober 29, 2015
Warehouse is always busy, I work day in and day out getting all that the store holds situated. After 23 years of service no room to grow within the company, looking to further my horizon as I approach a new phase.
Pros
Vacation Pay, Holidays Off, Birthday Pay
Cons
No room to grow, constant changing of managment.
Competitive pricing and customer service
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 20, 2015
Friendly work enviroment that helps the needs of the community through competitve prising and great customer service.
worked well with others & enjoyed the customers
Head Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 12, 2015
Scheduled breaks for frontend of store (Cashier's, Customer Service Desk), assisted in customer satisfaction on check-out lines, assisted on knowledge of all pricing, check approvals above certain amounts, ran customer service desk with lottery, smokes & misc duties. Assisted in Cash Office as fill-in for vacations - balancing cashier drawers & making deposits
Pros
enjoyed customers, staff, hours worked
Cons
low rate of pay, always on my feet
Flexible schedules
Cash Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 9, 2015
A smaller retail company that has expanded outside of their home target area. Allow for flexible scheduling for school or family obligations.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
healthcare, pay
Awesome place to work
Cashier/Stock/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHAugust 22, 2015
Family oriented. Willingness to teach. Accurate scheduling. Can easily climb up corporate ladder. Pain birthdays. Personal days X amount per year, per position. I loved working here. My first job. Easy interview. Employee discounts.
Pros
Employee discounts
productive clean work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 18, 2015
Working at Arby's has been pleasure you get half off meals.

Excellent positive work environment.

They have paid team meetings which I appreciate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
motivational
Retail Cashier/Closeouts/Stock (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 14, 2015
Even during a busy day with long lines down the checkout lanes,
it was still a fun and hard working enviorment.
A day or two working at this place will surely
bring your work efforts up higher than it used to be.
Daily Routine
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHAugust 7, 2015
Stocking shelves and cleaning according to the policy of the company. We work well as a team to maintain a successful operation.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  AvonJuly 29, 2015
I would stock shelves, organize shelves, and help customer's find products. I learned how to communicate better with people and how to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day. I really enjoyed setting up floor sets and being creative.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Ridgeville, OHJuly 18, 2015
Liked working at this super market. This was my first job and experience that i was able to interact with people. Management was very good and stern.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no full time
Marc's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 11, 2015
Work started with getting a till and counting the money in it and going up to my register where I started ringing customers groceries, doing returns, or conditioning shelves.
My time at Marc's
customer service (Former Employee) –  austintown,ohioJuly 2, 2015
When i worked in the meat department , i would check date and see what needed to have coupons on them or needed to be taken off shelf. Then i would fill shelf and keep checking filling it my whole shift .

When i worked at the customer service desk , i would wait on customers that wanted money orders , money gram , bill pays , lottery , buy cigarettes or want to check out.

When i worked in the Pharmacy , i would wait on customers at counter and drive -thru , count and fill prescriptions. I would answer the phone .
Pros
We got free food once in awhile.
Good place to get started
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 23, 2015
I worked at Marc's in college during summer breaks. Started as a cashier, then went to close-outs, which I liked much better. I left for awhile. Now I'm in the pharmacy. They were always good about working around my school schedule and other jobs that I had. They're a great place to go to get work experience. Many employers won't hire people without previous experience, but Marc's is usually willing to give people a chance.
Pros
Flexible about work schedules, give people a chance to get experience
Cons
low pay