Marc's Employee Reviews

Customer Service (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 8, 2017
Marc’s is a very flexible with hours but has poor management, bad pay, no benefits. It’s more of a high school job for teenager who just needs to make some extra cash to spend.
Pros
The hours are flexible
Cons
Bad pay, no be if it’s, poor management
It wasn`t good at all
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2017
The managers had poor customer service skills with employees and also customers. I felt not welcomed there and judge I would choose not to work there again.
Pros
Cons
unpaid breaks no hours
Marc’s is a good first job to have, being a cashier isn’t too stressful and they work with your school schedule.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHNovember 26, 2017
Marc’s is a good job as they are flexible with hours and your availability. I think it all depends on who the management is at the time but it is still a decent job as there are many different positions there.
Fun place to work. Employee discount
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 16, 2017
I love this place. It was fun and as long as the trucks at night are on time. You keep busy and the night goes by quickly. The managers were awesome supervisor at night not so much.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Cold
Productive workplace to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHNovember 14, 2017
Wonderful company to work for able to utilize my customer service/cash handling, and problem solving experience. Everything in the store is easy for the customer to find
It was a good experience
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 14, 2017
Overall, Marc's allowed me the experience to interact with customers and learn good service skills. I appreciate the opportunity that was offered to me at Marc's, it helped me to be more customer service friendly and interact with employees and customers.
A good start up job
Store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 11, 2017
This job is perfect for high school kids looking for their first job. It's a great palace to get work experience and make some cash. Not much room for advancement or to make a career from it.
Low pay, unreliable workers, Drama
worker (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 9, 2017
If you get put in cold cut, just quit its not worth it. The management was ok but it seemed like every time we got a new worker they would last only 2 weeks or someone else would quit.
Good for Young Kids
Produce Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 26, 2017
I worked at Marc's when I was 18. It's not a bad place to work. Work is simple and moderately paced (sometimes slower or faster) and you learn basic skills when working in a grocery store. You'll get to meet all kinds of people and management is pretty tolerable. I wouldn't recommend Marc's as a career but as a side job or a job for young kids, it's perfect.
Pros
Discounts, easy work, good for young kids
Cons
No room to grow, no benefits, low hours
Its decent
DAIRY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2017
Its ok for a first job, or for someone needing to make extra cash, but as far s a career, it is not what anyone is looking for. There is a lot of work, with little pay, and the managers expect more out of you than is possible.
Marcs review
Stock/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHOctober 23, 2017
I learned how to operate a cash register, and I learned how to stock items. The management was alright. The hardest part of the job was stocking all of the items
Very good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHOctober 10, 2017
Being a cashier there was great working with different types of customers and learning how to work with different types of transactions Learning how to get along with different types of people
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
The customers that don’t finish transactions
It was ok here at marcs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHOctober 8, 2017
It was OK working here. I also was a greeter while working here. I love working with my co-workers because we all made it fun to be there when it was really slow.
Worked as a cashier.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHSeptember 28, 2017
The job paid decently. Hours were fair, for a part-time job. Customers could be difficult. Getting help from the manager could take some time. Overall, a good job.
Marcs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Great work environment I just loved working with people who are as excited to work as I am..they really care if their employees feel comfortable and help assist with customers
A place where corporate doesn't care about you
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Coworkers are usually pretty great. Work a lot of inconsistent hours and you don't get the hours that you want. You're just a number to corporate. Pay is very poor.
Pros
Health care, dental care, paid vacation and personal days
Cons
Everything else. Bad pay
Fast paced with little benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 9, 2017
marcs is utterly inconsistent. you might get 7 hr day shifts for two weeks and suddenly youre on 5-close. sometimes we would be stuck until 11:30 pm straightening shelves because the day conditioner would be off not doing their job somewhere and people tend to disappear when theyre sent out to condition. but if you arent open to working nights you can get your hours cut to two days a week with no warning.
Pros
employee discount at any marc's. $30 a month cap limit.
Cons
long, tedious grunt work and not everyone does their job, but no one really cares.
Relaxed atmosphere
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I was always a stock person the entire time I've been there and my job was to first condition your assigned department when your shift starts. After that I'd fill the eyeglass and sunglasses rack and after that was finished I'd straighten all the shelves. The end of the night I'd do returns. I like the people I work with and the management. The hardest part is dealing with customers complaints and them not being satisfied with the answers i or management gives. I learned to have patience and compassion no matter how upset a customer gets with you.
temp job
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 5, 2017
i was only here for a short while, i was laid off at schill, and just worked here for the winter. i still lived with my parents at the time so it was just to get by
Average
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brook Park, OHSeptember 5, 2017
What's to say? It's a Miscellaneous retail store.. Customers were rude as well as a constant harassment, work load was an irritation and they were often understaffed.
Pros
None really
Cons
Atleast there was a paycheck.