Marc Community Resources Employee Reviews

positive people
Host home/I.D.L.A supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 16, 2017
Grate place to work. Positive people.Training program is grate.You get to start right way the consumers are so much fun to work with on a daily basis l
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun place to work at
Day Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 25, 2017
My typical day at work is working with up to 4 clients a day and helping them work on their daily goals and arts and crafts. Every day, we go on community outings to the mall, movies, park and library. There are also plenty of overtime opportunities if you need it.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
very short staffed
Always respectful of clients' needs.
Behavioral Health & Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2017
Marc has been an amazing experience, however it is time for me to expand and experience more. I am from California and wish to find a position there so that I can be near my family.

I cannot say enough to measure the positive level of respect and empathy of fellow employees as well as the supervisors and directors at Marc.

Marc employees always work together to have a positive impact on their clients and each other.
Pros
Empathetic supervisors who hire people recovering from mental illness and substance abuse
Cons
Limited areas to grow within the company and salaries are stagnant
Low pay, but good for people starting out in the field
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Work in home with SMI individuals, following an ABA behavior plan. There are many trainings and optional trainings which are well facilitated. Most of the coworkers are very friendly and helpful. The managers are overloaded with work, there are not enough managers employed. Some of the managers engage in gossip. Office politics is part of the culture. The ABA analysts are amazing at their jobs and fair, good people. The hardest parts of the job are office politics, some coworkers gossip, some clients can be agresive (but the company does provide training for that), and low pay compared to other companies in the area. The most enjoyable parts were interacting with the clients, taking clients to fun places, more than half of the coworkers are friendly and helpful, and Marc Center will hire people with little experience (which was good for me, and I gained tons of experience).
Pros
Good trainings
Cons
low pay
A great place to work with individuals with special needs.
living assistant/support specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 25, 2016
Enjoyed going to work everyday and working with a great team of staff to ensure the individuals we served met their goals at home and in the community. Best part of my job was seeing individuals completing task they worked hard on a daily basis and seeing them happy.
Excellent clinical experience.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 13, 2016
Marc was a great place to work. Very structured work schedule and supportive environment. The clinical and non-clinical administrative staff ensured a very supportive work environment. I learned a substantial amout of new information regarding the field of counsleing. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye.
Pros
Decent benefits and clinical supervison.
Room for growth friendly staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2016
Enjoyed my time at the Marc Center. They gave me an awesome opportunity and have very friendly and helpful staff. I learned management skills and was able to put them to use.
Pros
good company
Cons
turnover rate
Wellness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 12, 2016
I worked for MARC for almost 4 years and they were like family. I worked in the BHS program and was able to move up to a coordinator position. Great people and competitive pay.
Pros
Co-workers, mamagement
Cons
none that stand out
Supportive management, cohesive department; required to take clients to doctors' appointments and run errands. I improved my level of empathy.
Recovery Coach, Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed working with individuals needing my services. I had the best supervisor for whom I have ever worked.The flexibility in my hours was very helpful.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great supervisor
Cons
No training
Productive and Diverse
Production Assistant (ERS Trainee) (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2015
Learned many different duties and tasks throughout my experience. Co-workers have great personality and provide different areas of interest. Staff was very flexible and understanding throughout my employment.
Productive, managable, high maintence,
Family Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2015
In a day I will begin with emails and calls missed, I will schedule family meetings, connect with staff. Attend family meetings within Maricopa County. I will enter documentations. Deal with Crisis. and schedule for follow ups
Pros
Supports, understanding. flexible, and considerate
Cons
no benifits I can afford, no raises, and unable to move forward
Must be energetic and optimistic to work here
CSS (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 26, 2015
Overall the individuals you care for and work with are great although sometimes it can be very overwhelming. Expect your work load and expectations to be intense yet pay to be low. Management is unfair and didn't seem to care about employee views.
Pros
Meet great people and learn many skills
Cons
No employee fairness or respect for employees, low pay rate
Productive and fun looking up Parts
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
CSK Auto was my favorite job and the people treated me great. Had one hour lunch two breaks. When I did good the boss would drop off gift certificates on my desk for me.
Pros
one hour lunches was great
Cons
to much over time
productive environment with amazing clients!
Community Living Support (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Absolutely enjoy the individuals I provide support to! Hardest part about my job is watching the people I take care of struggle to enjoy the same quality of life that I enjoy.
Pros
free lunches, fun activities
Cons
pay
good
Direct Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTNovember 17, 2014
Promotion of social and emotional growth within clients in housing program. Provide counseling, support, motivation and encouragement for behavioral progression in children/adolescents and adults.
Responsible for the monitoring and documentation of patient mental and physical health ailments. Reporting of any significant change in behavior or treatment plan to supervising nurse.
Documentation of house and consumer related information in accordance with state protocol.
Productive, part of a great and sincere team
Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AzOctober 26, 2014
I love work at Marc Community Resources. I get to help people who have been homeless most of their lives by helping them find an apartment of their choice and connecting them to community resources. I have meaningful employment and feel like I've made a difference everyday.
Pros
Helping people who have been homeless and struggle with mental illness, great foundation for resources
Cons
no raises, using your own vehicle, not full mileage
Great small company to work for
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJune 13, 2014
Enjoyed working for organization- only reason left was because after promoted a few times ; desire to advance at a larger company.
would recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Great support from all levels
Cons
small lessen chances for advancement
Great if you need the experience
Transition Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 8, 2014
I enjoyed having a flexible schedule, but did not like the fact that the company does not give raises in any of the positions. the only way you can get a raise is to transfer to another dept. Be careful not to burn yourself out, as this tends to happen to a lot of employees who do field work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of staff with no opportunities for advancement
Great work environment
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2013
A typical day at work for me is providing support for four male clients. I make sure that they follow their treatment plan, and to put the clients in position to have sustained success. My co-workers are very supportive of the program I have set forth for these clients. The most important thing that I've learned while being program supervisor is patience. Patience has helped me on those hectic days at work. There really isn't a hard part to my job, because I pride myself in being organized and a great communicator. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the growth in these clients, as they strive to one day live independently.
Pros
Adminstration support
Cons
Health benefits could be better.
work enviorment is very different
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed working with clients, very rewarding. working with clients. You learn a lot about the people that you are intrusted to care for. Teach life skills to individual's and seeing them learn is very rewarding and knowing what you teach them changes lives.
Pros
working alone
Cons
Management is non-supportive