March of Dimes Employee Reviews

Easy going enviornment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 17, 2017
The environment is productive and easy going. The supervisor is easy to get along with and is willing to work with you in certain situations. The outreach programs really get you involved.
Productive and wonderful place to work
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 10, 2017
A typical day was filled with multi tasking. There were only 3 of us in the office.

I recruited numerous volunteers for our yearly events for 8 cities throughout the state.

Build and maintain sponsors, teams, and walk participants.

I learned a lot about premature births and what can happen. The disabilities and affects that can happen when the baby is born too soon.

Management was great to work with and I had fun at work.

The hardest part of my job was traveling to other cities, as Montana is quite a large state.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I meant and worked with over the years.
Pros
Good Place to work
Poor Management
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 24, 2017
Poor Management is the biggest downfall at the March of Dimes. They promote those who have no track record of success and expect to have positive results.
Pros
Work to Personal Balance
Cons
Compensation is horrible
Easy going, Great first internship.
Intern, Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 26, 2017
My position was only an internship with the company. I met with my director a couple times each month to discuss ideas, goals, and other objectives we wished to accomplish. I enjoyed the enthusiasm that each person had working with March of Dimes.
Pros
Traning, On job traning.
Very flexible work environment
Donor Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 15, 2017
March of Dimes provides extraordinary medical research and support for premature babies and their families. I learned a lot about fundraising and non for profit environment from my managers and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is getting the new millenniums to donate which in turn makes it difficult at times to meet profit goals. The most enjoyable part of the job were the various fundraising activities.
Unpaid but learned a lot
Fundraising and Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monticello, IAFebruary 6, 2017
Assisted with many events and fundraisers. The cause is very worthwhile; however, since in my case it did not pay, the score was "dinged" a bit for it.
Pros
worthwhile cause
Cons
no pay
Great Expectations for Little Pay
Community Director (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I worked as a Community Manager for the March for Babies Walk for 9 months before I left. The pay is very low compared to other non-profits and you are expected to work more than 40 hours a week. I received an email from the Regional Manager of how a typical day should be. It stated that I check my emails while eating breakfast, arrive at the office by 8am to prepare for the days meetings, have at least 2 meetings scheduled each day, have lunch at a place with free wifi so you can check email and followup on correspondence, and also to check email after dinner.

The committee members and sponsors were very nice to work with, but I could tell they were frustrated with the constant turnaround of employees. Every year they had a new Community Manager to work with because nobody stayed more than a year.
Pros
you get a pay check
Cons
Very Low Pay
Great Cause
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2017
March of Dimes has a great cause - enjoy going to work everyday for the great cause lifesaving research for premature birth. We had a team of 5 in our department working very closely with teammates.

Once a year we worked the both for the March for Babies Walks, this was an exciting time to see premature babies that has over come their challenges from child birth.

Absolutely enjoyed the Summer Hours that we had, this time aloud us to work smarter and harder at the same time.
Pros
Summer Hours
Cons
Cross Training
Relaxed place to work
Operations Specialist – SE Michigan (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 9, 2017
This company has been going through a tough time right now and the outlook is unknown. I enjoy working here but the fear of not knowing whether you have a job in a few weeks is very stressful.
Great experience
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 28, 2016
I worked there for 3 months and 15 hours per week but I learned a lot. My supervisor was very nice and motivated. I enjoyed doing intern there. Thank you for giving me that opportunity.
Part time receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 3, 2016
I worked as a temporary person during there fund-raising season.
It was quiet and a brief day. I really did not have co-workers, thinking back I am sure there were no funds most of the year to hire many people. The hardest part was the short term of three months. It hard to settle in if you know you are leaving in 3 months.
The people who came in were the most enjoyable part of the job.
During the fund-raising time you realize how very generous people can be to help out the less fortunate.
Pros
helping a cause.
Cons
only temporary
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2016
It was a privilege to have the opportunity to participate in this company event. I am so glad to have been part of the March Of Dimes walk. In company of such charitable people.
Great Mission, Great flex time
State Director (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 14, 2016
Great mission and work life balance. Only reason for leaving was the opportunity for another position for a higher salary with another organization. Would have stayed if the opportunity allowed.
Pros
Awesome Mission
Cons
I was excited to work for them and help out with things they needed done.
Logistics Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2016
It was always a cool calm and collect environment to work in. I enjoyed the people that I worked with and they were always nice.
Helping improve the others lives give purpose to me every morning I come to work
Associate Director, National Media Relations (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 30, 2016
It's been a great ride at the March of Dimes. For more than 16 years I have helped to improve the health of mothers and babies by positioning this organization as the leading mom and baby nonprofit in the U.S. It is a noble and rewarding job.

I am also lucky to have worked with some incredibly talented individuals. They've taught me the meaning of perseverance, hard work and what it means to work as a team.

It's also been a pleasure to serve the thousands of volunteers who have personal connections to our mission and are our true inspiration.

I'm only as good as my last success. That means I'm always working to succeed every day. It's that and trying to communicate with one voice throughout the foundation are some of my greatest challenges at the foundation.
Pros
The people at the organization
Cons
The people at the organization
The job listed is part-time - not full-time!
n/a (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 13, 2016
I was called for a phone interview and come to find out it is a part time position, 21 hours a week, but it doesn't say so. She apologized and said she would change it. I do not see that the link that indeed.com goes to have any changes or updates on it yet. Be advised - Development Specialist in Wichita, KS is a 21 hour a week, heavy duties, low pay job.
Good Opportunity for Development People
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2016
March of Dimes in San Diego is a great small office that's is primarily focused on development. They do a gala and committees and large March for Babies walk campaigns. The mission is to improve the health of babies - so in my mind a great one to represent. I'd recommend working there if you like to build things, events, committees and the overall division. They hit a bit of a reboot a couple of years ago in terms of staff and board. Things seem solid under the new ED, who wants to work with people who want to build and are excited about it. She'll give you room to spread your wings and drive your projects IF you do. Job security is good there again if you are development oriented and self-starting. Not so much otherwise. Great organization, pretty nice office space, nice small staff, responsible with donor dollars.
Pros
Freedom to self-drive, opportunities for resume plumping, great mission, solid for development people, young ED
Cons
Mediocre benefits outside of salary and vaca, small office, not SD dedicated programs staff, sink or swim
Productive workplace with excellent opportunities for advancement.
Contracted Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 17, 2016
I am on a temporary assignment as an event specialist. I am grateful for the opportunity. I love being able to be in the field interacting with the sponsors. The hardest part about this job is excepting that my assignment has almost come to and end. I enjoyed my time there and wish that it could have been the beginning of a new career. Never the less I am happy that I was able to be apart of such an awesome mission.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
temporary work
Very Friendly and Helpful
Assistant to the Senior Community Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2016
I learned how to maintain and update a company database, work as a team, and how to plan and execute major events. It was a very pleasurable experience.
Not my favorite place to work.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2016
Over worked underpaid, not appreciated! Organization has poor planning and is flying off the seat of their pants. Glad to have another organization to serve.
Pros
Meeting great volunteers and families

Ask a question about working or interviewing at March of Dimes. Our community is ready to answer.