MarchingOrder is a growing start-up that provides technology solutions to institutions of higher learning, and seeks a talented developer to oversee the design of, and transition to, a modernized platform to be built using ASP.NET (C#) and MS SQL.
- Design and code a .NET-based system with both user and administrator interfaces for aggregating information, stored in MS SQL databases. This will be based off of an existing, fully-functional Classic ASP system.
- Oversee maintenance and development efforts for the existing Classic ASP platform until transition to .NET is complete.
- Collaborate with Web Designer to determine look, feel, and usability needs for new platform.
- At least 2 years experience developing in ASP.NET
- Strong development experience with Classic ASP/VBScript
- Working knowledge of MS SQL queries and stored procedures (dba experience a major plus)
- Experience with XML and web services
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and also as a self-starter, as the situation dictates
About the position:
You will be joining a small group of dedicated, passionate people working hard to provide excellent services for our clients. This is an opportunity to directly influence the technology direction of the company, and the right candidate will be placed in a leadership role as the company grows. The services we provide are regarded as very cutting-edge and exciting in our industry, and with the addition of the proper development talent we will be poised for substantial and rapid growth immediately. MarchingOrder does not presently have a pure web developer; you would become the primary developer and continually collaborate with the company's founder to learn the current system, and to design and implement the new platform.
You must be willing to face numerous unknown challenges, and be able to thrive in a work environment where your responsibilities may vary greatly from one day to the next. You should consider yourself a problem-solver, and be eager to fix any errors or bugs that arise on the websites under your watch. You must be able to perform under time pressure and be willing to work late at night when needed. The schedule is flexible (deadline-based, not 9-5) and telecommuting is eventually possible, though initially you will be expected to come in to the office to learn the current system. You should have an intuitive feel for what constitutes good front-end design and usability and be prepared to take ownership for both routine and one-off technical tasks that arise.
$20-$30/hour, DOE; 30-40 hours per week to start. A candidate who demonstrates technical proficiency, finds ways to increase the bottom-line, and is a good fit with the team will find excellent long-term prospects at MarchingOrder.