Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Decent starter job
Manager (Current Employee) –  1612 St Joe Center RdSeptember 21, 2016
Decent Starter Job. Not great for long term employment. no Benefits or decent raises. Very relaxed work environment, but definitely not a place to plan a career at.
Easy Job, decent pay
Driver/Cashier/Make-Line (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 16, 2016
It was a fun job but the upper management was what made it not enjoyable. They were unprofessional and did some shady things to employees they didn't like.
Pros
Fun and Easy with the right co-workers
Cons
Bad Management
great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 14, 2016
I love Marcos pizza! They were a great company to work for, they are flexible and very understanding! I highly recommend this job to all of my friends and family!
Great people great job
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHSeptember 8, 2016
I been workingat marcos for years & i made a ton of friends there. Always upbeat. And never boring. Friendly people. Ot enough hours though. Which is why i have a second job
Pros
Great enviornment
Cons
Short breaks
great atmosphere
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grayson, GASeptember 8, 2016
I liked everything about this job. my co-workers were all very good, and management was treating their employees like family which was very nice to see. everything was very well organized and everyone knew what their duties were so everything went smooth
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed just about everything at Marco's. Their food is great, environment is awesome. I made fresh dough daily, prepped fresh veggies, and really connected with customers because I believed in the product and the companies goals.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Some management were brought from family video and didn't know pizza.
Great
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 6, 2016
it is a great place to work, fun people, relaxing atmosphere. one down fall is long ours for lil pay and gm plays favorite with employees.
Too Many Drivers Not Enough Deliverys
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 4, 2016
Too many Drivers, not enough delivery's. Resulting in a average of only 5 delivery's per driver per shift. In a normal 4 hour shift. Spending 50% of your time preping or preparing food, at a driver rate of $5.00 per hour. Well below min wage. Especially not food if you have to wash dishes. And your doing it for less than min wage. It's ok if your on the road and making tips. But if there are too many Drivers in the store, your going to spend 50% of your time working inside for less than min. Wage.
Pros
Tips if you deliver.
Cons
Drivers inside make less than min wage.
Fun Company to work for
Crew (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2016
-Easy Job to learn
-Everyone gets along
-Management is okay
-No benefits
-Barely get any hours
-There isn't a hard part to this job
-Would recommend to teens as a first job.
Pros
50 percent off food while on the clock, 25 percent when off the clock
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, No health insurance
Easy job but not enough management
Crew member/cashier (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 29, 2016
The job was very easy and straight-forward. The crew member position had the duties of taking orders, answering calls, dealing with customers and making sure they were satisfied. It also included an occassional prepping of the food, packing of the food and just cleaning around the store.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no free food, no benefits
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 29, 2016
The days are normally good amount of sales and everything goes right if the people from both shift are organized or synchronized. Fun people to work with.
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Management wasn´t appropriately trained.
Good culture
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  TemeculaAugust 29, 2016
A friendly environment from management to peers. Work there was rewarding, flexible and fun. The culture there is customer orientated and you always feel like you're doing something important for your job.
A job that should only be for young workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHAugust 28, 2016
This job is a great job but it should only be a temporary job for young workers who are still in high school or is still in college who needs funds. At work you would make a variety of food for customers including pizza, bread sticks, salads, etc. Management is so-so due to the variance between different managers. Some managers are top notch while others are only working for the money. Co-workers are great and they're always there to help if needed. The hardest part of the job is making food products at a fast pace to keep up with demand, especially during certain events such as the Super Bowl. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility that the job will offer. This is a bonus for those who are still in college and was looking for the job to work around it.
Pros
Flexibility, Friendly environment
Cons
Pay rate, Career advancement
nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Nlr, ARAugust 26, 2016
A busy day is fun. i improved my verbal skills with customers and how to deal with any situation. I love my co workers, we are like family. the hardest part about working at marco's is low employment while busy
Pros
50% for employee
Cons
no discount on chicken
Relaxing and fun place to work with good food.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 25, 2016
Comfortable place to work with great job security for low pay and no benefits. Hours are flexible, but inconsistent week to week. The owner understands relativity nothing about the business, but the managers are very knowledgeable and helpful. Little to no drama among coworkers makes one feel quickly accepted. Making pizzas is enjoyable, but becomes frustrating when understaffed. Would recommend for a college student or a second job.
Pros
Relaxing work environment and great job security
Cons
No Benefits, low pay
ok place to work if you are in your early 20's
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 25, 2016
Most employees are in their early 20's. Managers don't care what goes on and not willing to fix the problems. It was a change of pace for me.
Best Job I've Ever Had
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maineville, OHAugust 24, 2016
This is by far the best job I've ever had. People are great and was an amazing experience to get out and learn more about myself and the business. Highly recommend working there.
Okay place to work if you are in school
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 24, 2016
By working at Marco's I have learned that not everyone needs to work there. Most of my co-workers are wonderful bright people but when it comes to working they don't do much because of the managers we have. Most of the managers have lost hope in the store because the owner doesn't do anything to help the store. The work and hours are fine if you can do everything in the store by yourself but that is just stressful for one person.
Pros
50% off when you are working, works with school schedule
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, Lowest pay rate of other stores, No raises
Good Experience for 1st Time Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAAugust 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends with the customers and your coworkers. The hardest part was dealing with unsatisfied customers do to issues with equipment i.e. one oven working or oven periodically stopping.
Pros
Free Lunch or Dinner (depending on shift)
productive, fast pace workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MO 63031August 22, 2016
The thing our higher ups want us to remember most is that no matter what customers are "always right." I can honestly say the hardest part of my job is convincing myself of that, I can do a pretty good job with keeping my customers happy even if that means stepping out of my comfort zone to do so.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, limited work hours

2.6