Marco's Pizza

Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
driver (Former Employee), augusta georgiaJune 25, 2015
Pros: free food but the place was so filthy i only ate the sandwiches
Cons: pretty much everything
The Marcos i worked at in Georgia was very dirty. There was a huge ant problem to the point where i found ants in the pizzas.
The boss didnt wanna do anything about it. He would be an hour or two late to the store and I didnt have any keys to the place so I couldnt go in by myself and start prep or anything.

The scheduling was always a problem. We would be scheduled for 12 hour shifts with no break, we never got a break there. You cant ask for Fridays or Saturdays off even if its going to be slow. My manager also was having inappropriate relations with fellow employees which created an extremely drama-fueled-exhausting work environment.

Was getting paid under minimum wage because getting 2 deliveries meant the delivery charge would add up for you to become minimum wage, plus any tips you happened to get. The thing about pizza places is that you know who the good and the bad tippers are, so if say you controlled the oven and were boxing up pizza ready for the go, you could manipulate what delivery you went on if strategically done. One average i made about 30 - 50 bucks a night, which would always go right back into my gas tank. So really i was losing money because of having to take care of my car from driving it so much.

I would never get home when i was scheduled. They will always tell you to take one or two more deliveries and then you can go home, but when those deliveries are across town, you wont be going home until an hour or more.

Basically the Marcos i worked at could have been ran better by a newborn baby and everyone I worked with has quit and moved on and i worked there for less than a year.
Excellent store to work at, friendly hard-working employees. Dedication to executing consistent product time after time.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wixom, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, fun atmosphere, great boss to work for
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Daily tasks included making sure there was enough food prepped to last through dinner service as well as not leave the following shift with zero product. I also ensured each shift was staffed in accordance to projected sales. Customer service is a focal point, so it was essential that every staff member was aware of current promotions and product availability. Marco's is a fast paced kitchen setting with dedication to both product execution as well as guaranteeing the customer received exactly what was ordered.

Working at Marco's helped me further my managerial skills with keeping a low labor cost but not at the sacrifice of the customer. It also refreshed my customer service skills to lead by example in terms of customer relations and satisfaction.

My co-workers at Marco's were truly great to work with, a genuine feeling of being part of the "Work family". I still keep in contact with them all, even being 4 states away. Everybody is more than willing to help each other out, to step up and assist whenever and wherever needed.

There was really no difficult aspect to the job itself, just the timing. When dinner rush hits, it really hits hard. Best way to handle it all was to not get overwhelmed and continue to do one order at a time to ensure proper product execution and customer satisfaction.

The best part of the job was being able to render a service that we could all really take pride in and stand behind. Simply put : we all understood the quality of our product.
A fun and serious work place.
Shift manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Time-off, free lunch, learning something new daily.
Cons: No benefits, no bonuses, sometimes not enough hours.
When first starting my day at Marco's Pizza, I count the money from the previous shift to assure no cash shortage. I have learned multiple things while being at this job. Not only did I get promoted within a month but I also try to excel every day with any challenge I'm given. My general manager is one of the most awesome people I've ever had the pleasure to work for. He takes care of his workers to every extant. The only hard part of this job is pulling everyone together into a team but at the end of the day Marco's Pizza makes it feel like we are a big family.
Great Company, Regions Vary, and too much drama
Store Manager (Former Employee), New Hope MinnesotaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great Culture, Benefits, Staff
Cons: No Support From Upper Management, Drama and Favoritism
Is great company, but the drama is Huge in the Region i was in. I met the all sorts of people going to Iowa and Wisconsin, and the Crew was great. But after a new Upper Management came in, it became all about who is who's favorites. Drama between who said who, lie of things being said, as me finding out one of my staff thought i was trying to get them fired, and it went down hill. Other then a couple of people have Food Industry business in the Region, the rest have Retail, which doesn't transfer well. Again great company and they have a great culture, but it is not in Minnesota.
This was my first job out of highschool
Shift Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHJune 22, 2015
on a typical day i would make pizzas, deliver pizza, do prep work ie cutting vegetables, making dough, folding boxes. I enjoyed my time here and they treated me well
N/A`
Pizza delivery driver (Former Employee), Hobart, INJune 11, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Lied about money, take tips out of check
It was an okay job. Got to come home with tips every day which was nice. Company lies about how much money you actually make
Fun people to work with, good pizza.
Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts on military and employees
Cons: No gas pay, no valuable management, unreliable work week.
Working for Marcos Pizza was a short experience, but it helped me learn what kind of job I don't want. The management all being nonexistent, hours were changed shortly before showing up, and the workload was widely unbalanced as other drivers could slack off as much as they wanted with no authority saying otherwise.
What was good about Marcos Pizza was the health safety and procedures, all were followed and it was a very clean place to work. And of course it had some of the best pizzas I've ever tasted.
Was ok
Driver / Shift Lead (Current Employee), Ashwaubenon, WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Get to be outside, listen to music while driving
Cons: Get told one thing, but never happens
When I first started it was a great work place but now everything is starting to get out of hand. We are under staffed, and when you need help at the store, nobody wants to come in to help.
Relaxed place to work
Team Member, Customer Service (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2015
A relaxing place to work. Learned customer service. Co-workers can be nice but incompetent sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being constantly on the move.
get good hours
Crew member (Current Employee), Macon, GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: inexperienced workers
we wasnt trained at all
i was hired right before the grand opening with no training
it was a hostile place alot of drama
NEVER flexible with your schedule
the hardest part is trying to go home because your scheduled time to say you can leave work is not guaranteed i stayed till 2am sometimes
on a school night
the enjoyable part about is making the food
First place of employment
Pizza Delivery driver (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAApril 24, 2015
Marco's Pizza was a fun and energetic place to work. I was surrounded by hard working individuals that taught me great work skills.
A god place to learn the basics of management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Akron, OHApril 23, 2015
Marco's Pizza is a very good place to learn and grow. I have worked with this company for about three years while i was in college. I started as a driver and have since been promoted to an assistant manager. My co-workers have all been great, and the management staff has been very good at teaching me how to manage a store. I feel I have learned a lot about people and customer service from working for this fine company.
positive fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Stow, OhioApril 16, 2015
A nice part time job, generally pretty fast paced, lots of cleaning during downtime, quality food, good management and most days free pizza to snack on.
Comfortable and efficient first job
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Lake Odessa, MIApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good hours, friendly coworkers
Cons: no benefits, minimum wage
This job is good for minimum wage, decent hours, and tips if you deliver. Friendly management and good hours for any high school/college student.
Marco's Pizza
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Madisonville, KYApril 9, 2015
Pros: Tips, "crew food, " great managers and staff
Cons: low hours
I love working at Marco's Pizza! It is a friendly and upbeat environment with people to match. At the beginning of a shift, I write down my beginning mileage, put a car-topper on my suv, get a "bank" from management and start delivering food. In between deliveries I answer phones, help customers, do cut-table and random cleaning throughout the store. At the end of my day I write my ending mileage, put my car-topper away, do my cash-out and leave after telling everyone good bye.
Fun cool flexible place to work
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Sugar Hill, GAApril 2, 2015
you have to work hard but we have a lot of fun doing it. Drivers make really good tips on busy nights, slow nights can be a hit or a miss depending on how many people are on the schedule
Pretty good part time job to start with!
Team Crew Member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: discounted food and drinks, tips
Cons: Not enough hours
For a typical day at work, I would clean up all of the floors, wipe down the counters and stations, as well as cook the food and work the cash register. The manager can be mean at times, but he had good intentions. I was not given enough hours to even live off what they were paying me. Good idea for a summer job!
productive
Driver (Former Employee), Albany gaMarch 23, 2015
Very exciting place to work. If I could go back to working there I really would. I recommend this job to anybody. I learned how to advance my customer service skills as well as management skills.
Good Place
Insider (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Liked working there. The manager was really good and loved the management there. When there I met a lot of good people and liked to work there.
Negitive work environment, clueless upper management
GM (Former Employee), Chattanooga, tnMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good pizza
Cons: pretty much everything
Misrible work experience. They will let anyone with some money franchise, regardless of there ability to run a restaurant. Upper management is clueless as to what is going on, cultivating a blame first atmosphere. Would never recommend anyone looking for a career work there. If you want to make a few bucks and split, not a terrible place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marco's Pizza

Headquartered in Toledo,OH,Marco’s Pizza (Marco’s Franchising, LLC) is the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. – Read more

Marco's Pizza Salaries