Marco's Pizza Employee Reviews

Poor Corporate Company and Poor Franchise Owners.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Over-worked and under-paid. Corporate never supports you in anything you do and the primary franchise owner in Houston is a bigot and sexist. I had her new management team not only steal money from me, but also steal the bank from my previous owners and when I confronted the Regional Manager and Corporate about it, I was told to "deal with it." I worked an entire month straight, 80+ hours a week, due to poor employees and no support from the owners or from Corporate.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
The food is outstanding. Seriously, it's the best fast-food pizza I've ever had.
Cons
Everything. Horrible company to work for.
Exciting
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 19, 2017
I open the store 5-6 days a week. I review the paperwork from day before looking for any unexplained discounts or voids. Check bank deposits and make sure opening cash is correct. I perform our daily prep list for the day and also go over inventory paperwork.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace
Cons
Schedule changes
Just okay for a first job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 18, 2017
You definitely need a general manager and well trained shift leads and enough staff in order for the business to run smoothly. You will not always have them so that is what makes the job difficult as well. You can definitely learn a lot when you are the one who has todo everything since there isn't always someone there who is the one to do certain tasks.
typical pizza place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2017
nothing special about Marco's. typical pizza place with same issues as the rest. Would not recommend them to anyone. felt like they didn't give us the tools to succeed
Terrible Part Time Job
Insider/ General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALAugust 17, 2017
I'm sure this isn't a blanket case at all Marco's Pizzas but the one I worked had very shady business practices and treated me extremely poor as a worker. I frequently felt unsafe and had my time wasted and taken advantage of multiple times. Wouldn't recommend working there.
Who knew making pizzas could be fun?
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere and I started training before Marcos opened. They were very flexible with hours and let me change to any shift I wanted. The food is the best part next to friendly workers.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great pay, fun.
Cons
Drama starters.
Fun environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2017
I applied to marcos to find a temporary means of income. I found a group of great friends and an amzing staff. Great customers, sadly not all of them tipped.
Corporate guys literally throw things
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2017
My District Manager actually would pick things up and throw them in store if he was angry. They called him by a nickname that he said stemmed from him used to smoking a lot of weed. And Marco's doesn't have an HR department so if you get stuck with that idiot and his violent tendencies, there is no one to help you. Best thing I ever did was quit. Horrible, horrible people.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
Working there
Delivery pizza, night shifts were long
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2017
Most of the time I spent there working was to deliver pizza. Therefore, I was not in the restaurant much of the time, but when i was there delivery drivers would fill out many other positions that needed help.
Pros
Gas used at work is a tax write-off
Cons
very poor pay and managment
My Review
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 15, 2017
Great place for high school or college kids. I you're a hard worker it'll be the easiest job you'll ever have. Delivery drivers usually made good money!
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
No benifits
Fast and decent
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
I learned how to treat people in a friendly manner and how to talk to rude people. The people i work with are kind and help when in need. But the pay is bad.
Lacking improvement
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2017
Working at Marco's would be better if management improved, as well as having more employees. I learned a lot about being a leader and handling customer service. There is not any hard part about working there.
Great Company
Server (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAAugust 15, 2017
Great company very good Manager deserves and award and raise to CEO. Truly understands how to run a restaurant. Overall great culture. Family like atmosphere.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
short or no breaks
Fast paced
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHAugust 14, 2017
Fast paced environment, family oriented
No benefits
No vacation
Half off employee meals.
Fun upbeat environment
Flexible scheduling
Great for first time job
Pros
Fun
Cons
No employee meals
I liked the work and the coworkers.
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 14, 2017
I really liked most of my coworkers and just the job in general. I started to not enjoy the job when management was changed and pay and hours were cut. People started getting worse language and just not caring about what was being done.
Pros
promoted to shift leader, loved the older folks I worked with
Cons
pay was only $8.00 and it kept getting cut
Best pizza place to work at!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
Started off as a delivery driver and advanced my way to GM in 2.5 years. Great owners, great food and overall just a really great place to work at and people to work for. Highly recommended
It sucked
Driver / Manager (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAAugust 12, 2017
They were very unprofessional and lacked basic skills and were unsanitary. They had no organization or leadership in the restaurant at all. Their were no benifits and if you wrecked on the clock they would fail to report it.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Good teen beginner job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 12, 2017
I worked at Marco's Pizza for a year and a half. The staff is small so you were able to really get to know your coworkers. I enjoyed working there and made friends I still see regularly to this day.
Stressfull
Cook (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAAugust 12, 2017
Working at Marcos wasn't the hardest job ever but employees and management made is hard. Certain things weren't organized and in order and pay wasn't great at all. A typical day at work was never the same, one day we could be busy the next day we'd be slow. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was the work flexibility and some of the employees I worked with.
Marcos is a relaxed but professional business
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 10, 2017
I walk in and clock in. I walk to the back and wash my hands and begin to prep the meats and dough for the day. A order would come through the phone then bumped to the screen. i then start to make the order and put the pizza (if ordered) in the oven and after its been cooked it box it and give it to the customer with a smile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marco's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6